The Misadventures of Karina a...

By Chayenneson

Love is not everything you have always dreamed about. Love doesn't always mean you have to be together. It's... More

A u t h o r ' sN o t e
Prologue
Chapter 1: N o s t a l g i a
Chapter 2: N o s ta l g i a Continues
S i l e n c eI sB a c k . (K)
D a m o nT oE t h a n (D)
D a e m o nT oE t h a n II (D)
K e e pT h eD i s t a n c e (D)
So near yet so far (K)
S i s t e r ' sL o v e (D)
T h eM e s s a g e (D)
S i s t e r ' sL o v e II (D)
U n h e e d e dW a r n i n g s (K)
Al i t t l eS t u p i d & Al i t t l eB l i n d (K)
B o o b yT r a p (K)
D i s p a r a g i n gL o y a l t y(K)
T h eU g l yT r u t h (K)
T h eH o m o
B o o b yT r a p II (D)
T h eS u b t l eP u s h (D)
N o wO rN e v e r (D)
T h eR e v e l a t i o n (K)
T h eU g l i e rT r u t h (D)
O b s cu r r e d (D)
F r i e n dO rF o e (K)
A n g e lI nD i s g u i s e (K)
G o o dB y e
I tI sR e a l l yI sG o o d b y e

Chapter 3: Meet Damon II (K's pov)

39 1 0
By Chayenneson

I flip my phone upside down. Point it in all directions. Come on signal please. I throw the phone in my bed and it bounce right on the side slumping on the floor. I turn back and grip the guardrail of the veranda. I examine my surroundings.

Standing here is quiet breathtaking. I'm on the 6th floor of Salvatore. Cottages, benches and cozy restaurants filled the lawn below. Coconut trees lined up in the white sand 10 ft away from the shoreline. The water is mesmerizing blue and clear. The sea nonchalantly stretched to the horizon. It is only six in the morning and only few people is in the view meeting the heat of already high sun. I close my eyes and heave a deep breath. I put my right hand in my left breast and chant. "All is well. All is well. All is well."

I open my eyes and decided to have an early swim on the pool in the ground when there's still a little crowd. As much as possible I avoid social contacts right now. Last night I passed by a large group of party-peeps rollicking under the moonlight. The management had set up a small stage in between two coconut trees with lights, speakers and disc jockeys. A mini open concert was held. On the other side, a group of middle aged chatted noisily. Drinks, cocktails and finger-foods rained. Heard a group of celebrity tweens were calling the shots. A hubble-bubble was all over the place. I went to my room and locked up. Well. Crazy me. Chosen this place and this. Lol. But I feel secured with myself alone. Thalia went back to US yesterday so it's quiet a relief. She's been bugging me of her "sage" advice's regarding with Damon's eccentricity. Say it's an arbitrary rule of nature that men should know the difference between treating a friend and treating a girl to become a potential girlfriend. To miss that is to stumped the girls' dignity. Sure. He stumped me. Because Damon San Pedro was never a man. He's just a boy. Damn him. Sure Thalia has sense. But I need this little getaway with me, myself and I.

I close the sliding glass door and change in my red one-piece swimsuit. It's one-piece but it leaves virtually nothing to the imagination. The bra and underwear are connected by a slender curve cloth. Covering only an inch of my stomach's length, enough to hide my bellybutton. My back are bare. Except for the tiny strings knotted in my back and neck to hold my bra. I pull on my white cotton short and tie my hair in a bun. I pick up my poor phone. Still no signal. I suddenly miss Thalia. The last message I received from her was a quote of boy-girl friendship. It was yesterday and it brought back awful memories. Maybe this is better. No all-contrite parents like they're the ones to blame. No phone. No bugging friends. Oops. Just friend. I realized I only have her. Damon is history now. Alright. Carry on. It's my second day here and still haven't get a scintilla of what lies in this haven of island. Too consumed of past baggage's. Whatta shame. History my bum.

I throw my phone perfectly on the bed and put on my Ipanema, grab my RayBan, sunscreen, earphones and wallet, then toss them in my white I love PH clothbag. I glance around the room to see what else I should bring. Well, I'll leave my heart here of course. Oops. My keycard. I step in an empty hall and headed to the elevator.

I punch the down arrow and it opened in a second. The inside is unusually wide and the walls are mirrored including the door. One would go crazy if this ride would take forever. I wonder why this is how it is built. I am blankly staring at my reflection when it opened on the 3rd floor. A guy probably around twenty-five years old entered. 6 feet tall with broad shoulders exposed on his sleeveless beach shirt. Brown skin, hairy arms and legs, pointed nose, lazy stoic eyes and thin lips. The room is spacious but I move closer to the corner. This guy just made it like a portalet. I will the elevator to descend faster. I keep my eyes on the floor.

"Hi." I heard him say. I look up and meet his smiling face, exposing his perfectly white teeth. He has this aura that would compel anyone he greets to respond. The affability of him is conveyed in his smiling brown eyes. It crinkled in either side when he smiles.

"Hello." I answered returning the smile, just enough to not be rude. I glance in the sides erasing the smile to let him know I'm not into elevator convos. Or any convos. Especially to a stranger. He moves to the opposite corner and lean on the wall. He smiled at me again through the mirrored door. I responded with a no-teeth smile on his reflection. He's really handsome. And I thank the brain of this little creation. I get to gaze at him without getting a stiff neck. Great. Somehow this enigma of an elevator is lightening a little. Lol

The door opened into the foyer. I exited the elevator and turn left without looking back at my intruder. I walk in the narrow hallway beside the front desk. I glance at the right side and was startled to see the reflection of my intruder in the mirrored-wall. I look at the floor and see my own reflection. God. This is crazy.

"It seems that the creator of this hotel is a pervert." said the voice beside me. I suddenly realize my intruder is actually walking with me.

"Yea right." I said and make my pace faster.

"Hey!" he called.

"What?" I snap.

"Did I upset you?" his face is full of concern. God. His eyes is really expressive.

"No."

"You're walking fast."

"Uhh. Yea. Look mister, I actually don't want any intruder right now."I said and continue walking towards the glass door. He followed. We emerge in the deserted pool area. I walk in the far end and settled my things in the umbrella. I inhaled the smell of the newly replaced water and admire the serenity of the place. Perfect. I'll just have an hour here, go for breakfast and seize the day.

"Intruder?" I gasped at his voice. God! I almost forgot him. I turn around. Hands on my bare waist.

"Yea. I want to be alone. You get it?"

"Eh? This ain't a private pool." he smirked.

"Eh? Then I'll pretend you're not here." I answered idly. He is getting annoying.

"What?" he look befuddled. I roll my eyes.

"Put your things on that side." I said pointing the far end opposite my post. "And ignore me." He look at me as if I'm deranged and snickered while backing away to the post I appointed. I hold my shorts on either side and pull it down. He's not about to ruin my day.

I plunge in the 6ft-deep water and swam to and fro the length of it. The water is cool. I glance at my intruder from time to time but it seems he seriously followed my advice to ignore me. I smiled. I continue my swim. After 5 minutes, I look at him again. He's lying under the umbrella reading. I don't why I bother minding him. Just when I'm about to turn, he put the book and look at me. It's as if he knows that I' will be in this direction when he look. Reading eh? Tss. I smirk at him and roll my eyes. I float with my back in the water and close my eyes. Thinking of ways to make the most of my stay here and completely thwart Damon out of my head.

I woke up with the sound of splashing water and kids laughing. I feel my body is being washed. I look at my side and found 5 kids splashing water on me. 2 boys are swimming underneath my supine figure. The 3 girls giggled when the two exchange sides under me. I wait for them to emerge in the water and pull myself up. They chuckled and went away when I glared at them.

"Hey, they're just kids." I turn to the direction of the voice and found him standing in the water with his back on the tiles. His arms are on both sides resting on the gutter. His hair's a mess. Water drip from it to his hairy chest and shoulders. I look at him bemuse and paddled my way out of the water. So much for an early morning swim. I gather my things and about to leave the area when I spotted my intruder walking towards me. I admire how he flaunt that body and face without hint of arrogance. Just walking. And shaking his head to thwart off excess water. Sexy. God. Am I actually marveling over him?

I realize I actually stop walking. I move forward passing him. He chuckled.

"You're really funny." he said. I ignore it. "Hey, you forgot your shorts."

I spun around and walk back, grabbing my shorts and tossing it in my clothbag.

"Thanks." I mumbled and turn.

"You're going out with that piece?" he asked completely perplex.

"It's none of your business, okay?"

"You'll get attention."

"Eh? We're on a beach." I said mimicking his stance earlier. What a stupid remark.

"But--

"Look mister, we don't know each other. We're not answering on each other. I, for that matter. I came here alone. I expect to do whatever I want to do without consulting to anyone. It seems that you're alone too. But I'm not here to be a buddy of lost lonely soul. You get it?" I said completely irritated.

"Uhh sorry. I was just-- Uhh. Well, I'm Daemon." He extend his hand. I stare at him and down to his hand with an open mouth. I back a step. All my blood suddenly went up my head. A shiver run down my spine.

"You're what?" I manage to ask. I feel dizzy.

"Daemon. Daemon Salvatore. I'm sorry for the intrusion." he said this with a grin. "Hey, are you alright? You look pale."

"I'm fine." I said in between slow breathing. Wow. Just wow. Ain't this world a lovely place? I force an exaggerated smile at him.

"So you are?" he coaxed.

"I'm Elena." I said casually. Trying to relax myself. I ignore his hand because my own are shaking. He swiftly retrieved it.

"Eh? Well I think we need another guy." he said chuckling. Obviously catching it.

"No." I can manage a humor or two but I don't need any fun right now. How can I find myself when I'm surrounded by godly creature? How can I go along with my day when some bugbear en-girdle itself around me. God! Of all the names in the world?

"Oh. Okay." He move on the side to let me pass. He stares at me perplex. I can feel his eyes as I walk out of the pool area.

I heave a deep breath and exhale hard. I swaggered into the front desk where a full made-up lady smiled at me enthusiastically. She look like just my age but her make up makes her like 5 years older. I hope she'd realize that.

"Good morning gorgeous, how're you?" she said like we're friends already. She flip some brochures on her desk and arrange it.

"Good morning, I'm good." I said with a sweet smile. She doesn't have a nameplate. How odd.

"You need something?" I realize the lady has accent. She looks so much of a Filipino. She stands 5'8 I guess. I'm 5'11 and she's a little smaller.

"Ah yea. Do you have a map around here?"

"You mean around Salvatore or the whole island?" I wonder how vast the Salvatore is.

"The whole island."

"Oh. I have it. You alone?" her brows furrowed.

"Yea. Is something the matter?" I asked curious.

"No. But if you're planning to roam around alone, you need a guide."

"A guide? No. I don't need a guide."

"Oh. You'll need him. When we got our license to operate, it includes the safety of our guest." She sounds like the owner now. Minutes ago she's just a jocose little receptionist.

"Look miss, I don't need a guide. I came here alone. And how can I enjoy if some stranger is tailing with me?" I ask furiously. How can you be sure I'll be safe with your tour guide himself? Or herself?

"We are responsible for your safety. The tour guide will show you places you'll love and introduce you to noteworthy adventures around here. He's good." I raise my brow. "Yes, tour guide."

I think for a while. I smile sheepishly with the idea. "Okay. Can I make him/her my gofer too?" I voice out.

"Sure. It's part of the package." a shadow of mischievous grin cross her face.

I frown at her and spotted Damon going out of the pool area. The receptionist followed my gaze. She laughs.

"Oh, speaking of the devil, I mean, Daemon." I wonder what's the difference. Daemon look at her goofy face and smile. Something's going on.

When he gets to us, he reach something from underneath the desk like he's been doing that since he's a year old then he pinch the lady's cheek and stretch it until she groan. I chuckled.

"Hey, Dee, I got you a client." she said coolly while pointing me with his lips.Out with those front desk demeanors. She spoke like they've been buddies for so long. Damon look at me like he just see me standing there. "Oh." he snickered. I cut my eyes on him. He eye me up and down as if I'm the one he's hiring. "Sure." he said at last. The nerve!

I look at the lady. She gives me her sweetest smile, and then frowned when I scowl at him. "Eh? Is something the matter?" she asked.

"No." We duet. She eyes us suspiciously and smiles again.

"Okay. He's ready when you're ready." she announce.

"I'll have my breakfast in my room." I said angrily then left.

��]$I�

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 28 29
"If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right." What do you do when the one person you are not supposed to fall in love with, ends up being the o...
353K 14.2K 51
She was the little lavender in a bunch of roses. The roses he dearly loved and the lavender he was allergic to. Yet what happens when a leap of fate...
27.2K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
27.2K 506 67
"Pain is the price of love We agree to pay it whenever we open our hearts. Every hello comes with the knowledge that one day it will be a goodbye Eve...