S i s t e r ' sL o v e II (D)

I bolt right up from the floor. Panting. Oh my God. I made it without using my buzzer. I come out of it alone! I pull myself up and manage to reach my bed. My senses are still fuzzy. And my nerves are still feeble as I lift my hand to press the buzzer. My clock reads 3:45. I lay in the bed and massage my temple.

Fifteen seconds later my door flew open.

"Dee! Dee!" Sam howls in with her disheveled hair and nightgown. She jumps in my bed and shakes my shoulder while pulling me up.

"Sam.." I whisper.

"Oh my god Dee. I'm sorry it took me long." she gets down and walks towards my fridge. I grin through my grogginess. I can't even imagine how she made it here in 15 seconds time. How can she make shorter than that from 3 rooms apart adding the moment she woke up and realized the buzzer is screaming?

"I told you I need to transfer to the next room." she complain as she hand a glass of water. Her other hand carries a damp towel. She doesn't look like she's been awaken from a deep sleep. I get up and slug empty the water. I feel like I haven't got one in a month.

"No need. It was a year ago this last happened. Are you sleeping?" I'm still panting. Sam lift my soaked shirt and manage to remove it from my limping arm and head.

"Just a little while before you buzz in. I anticipate this would come after what happened earlier. So I keep myself awake in case. I'm sorry Dee. I know I triggered it." she lowered her eyes. Sleep paralysis is triggered by physical or emotional stress and Sam make it a point to remember that. Because she's damn well sure she'll be causing it. Then stress her own-self in the process. I smile at her.

"Sam, you don't need to bother yourself. And you stay in your room. Okay?"

"But we wouldn't know when this will happen again Dee. What if I'm not in my room? What if it happen on a daylight? What if—

Her eyes begun to water. She slump in the bed. "Sam, stop. Sleep paralysis is not fatal. And beside, I was awake when I press the buzzer." I pull her hand.

"What? I thought you're in that state when I came in." she's both confuse and relieve.

"No. I'm just too weak you found me limp."

"How did it happen?"

"God loves me that much." I said grinning. She purposely stand up and reach for my closet. She rummage through it for good 10 minutes then pull one. When she come back, her face is streaming with crystal blood.

"Dee, don't think this is some kind of a reminder. God loves you. He saves you because He loves you. He's not doing this to win a favor from you."

"I know, Of course. Now go back to your room. I'm fine now." I wish I could simply believe what she had said.

She take a step back then sits back again. I scoot aside to give her more space. She looks at me intensely. "Dee, what's happening when you're at that state?" She ask this every time and I never answered. I stare at her. I hesitate for a bit but realize maybe this would make her understand me. I sit up straight and hold her arm.

"I'm seeing the entire event from the time I ask Ethan to go with me up to the moment I saw, I saw.."

I did not finish. Sam has pulled her arm and clutched her chest. She looks aghast. Then her hands found her mouth. "Oh my God." she whimper between breaths. "Oh my God Dee.." her crystal blood gush out again.

"Sam.. It's alright." I don't know what else to say to appease her right now. Sam has always been a tough girl at a young age. She had seen me in my most helpless state. When Ethan died, and I'm nowhere in this world, mum's attention completely shut out from her. She live under Linda's care and motherly yearning until she's 13. When dad died, I was 18 then, she cried a river. Mum whisked her to the US with our aunt following dad's burial. She stayed there for 4 years.

"No Dee no. You're still not fine. Why do you think that lucid dream keep coming back?"

"It's alright, Sam. I'm over it. The doctor says it's part of it. And it occurs seldom now."

"Does mum know?" I shake my head. Then she let out a heavy huff and her face becomes dark.

"Sam, it's alright. I'm fine now. Go back to sleep."

"Does your doctor know?"

Here we go again. I nod.

"If he knows, then Mum surely knew. Don't you wonder why you're still dreaming about it? That damn shrink is a charlatan Dee. Listen to me please."

I look away. "Samantha go back to your room now."

"Dee, I need to tell you something." Her voice is quivering.

I don't think I want to hear it the Samantha's way. She has this tic of making far-fetched things believable. I shake my head. "Sam, stop over-thinking. Whatever that's going on with your mind right now, it's not important. My decisions are of my own. I love you. Goodnight." I just forced those words to come out. I'm too exhausted.

She looked bewildered. Then bite the inside of her cheeks when she sees my stern face. She heave a deep breath and put on her blank face with a nod. "Good night. I love you too brother." she kiss my forehead and turn off my lamp. She walks to the door but stare at me for a while. I nod and give her a reassuring smile then she exit and close the door. I heave my own deep breath and adjust myself to bed.

Her voice ring in my ear. "He saves you because He loves you."

Of course.

Although when I woke upon my own from a lucid dream, I know it's not simply because He wants to save me. He saves me from something more. More than just living. More than just breathing on this Earth. I know I was born to the priesthood but was only hampered because I was an impious kid back then. Ethan was just an instrument to put me on the right tract, where I should be from the start. It's just painful that my calling was serve through somebody else life.