D a e m o nT oE t h a n II (D)

I stop the squid in mid air then drop it. I look at my intruder. I haven't thought that the whole time we were eating she's thinking of changing my name. Is she really that affected? Am I really distracting her? I wonder what happened to her. And God, why does it have to be my tukayo? And why I am bothering myself with that fact? It's as if I can do something about it. Okay. Change my name. If that would make our trip go without disaccord, for once.

"What name do you want?" I try to sound annoyed. I don't know if it was conveyed that way. I'm really a born angel, I know.

"Let me think." Alright. Se's thinking. Seriously changing my name. I chuckled with the thought. She's pressing her lips in thin line. Elbow prop on the table. Her fingers tap her chin. She frown. Then squint her eye. Then she's making air balloon inside her mouth. Then she grin at me and giggle. I stare at her the entire time. I can't seem to look away since I met here at the elevator. She stop the air-mouth balloon. Think she have a name already.

"What's my name now?" I ask.

"Nothing comes in my mind but Angel." she said laughing. How apt. I smile and bit my lower lip. God. This is not a nice joke. I look away and focus my face in nonentity. Then I froze. I look back at her. She's back on her thinking stunt. I clear my throat.

"I already have a name." I said playing the squid's head with my fork.

"What?"

"Ethan." I said in a low voice.

"Come again?"

I move my eyes around the place. Searching for a familiar face. When I see none, I scoot forward and slightly lean my head towards her.

"Ethan." I said louder but made sure she's the only one hearing.

"Oh. Ethan. Nice name." she repeated aloud. I almost roll my eyes. Somebody harrumph from my back and I find Mark cleaning an imaginary specks on the table. I look at him resentfully. He look at me disgustingly then scooted away. I smile then face.. God. I don't know her real name yet.

"By the way, what's your real name?"

"Karina. Karina Sapenas." she said.

I chuckled. Karina Sapenas? Her parents' are witty. She roll her eyes when she catch me laughing.

"Oops. Sorry." I said still chuckling.

"It's okay. I'm used to it. And besides, I've grown to love my name before I suss the meaning of it." Oh. She's cooler that I thought.

"And what did you feel when you knew your name is a slogan?" I lean back in the chair.

"Err. Bit of awkward especially when I start to introduce myself in class', she cock her head and smirk, I groan inside. She do it perfectly than I think I do.'But, kind of amaze. I mean, I realize what smartass of a parents I've got." she added cooly while chewing her squid.

I just stare at her. I realize that most of the time I'm only staring at her. And some of the time, I'm reminding myself not to stare. Holy God. Karina Sapenas. The beautiful and creative name of my intruder. I'm almost a month here and never once had interest for my opposite sex. When Samantha told me I've got a client, I knew she's not making me a tour guide, nor a gofer for that matter. She simply wants me to be with this girl and prove her theories right. I'm beginning to believe her.

Shit.

No.

I look at Karina.

She's occupied with the Adobo in her bare hands. Spoons and forks seem out of place here. I look away when she licks her fingers smeared with sauce.