T h eU g l yT r u t h (K)

From: Karina Sapenas

To: Thalia Cannes

Subject: PROGNOSIS

Hi my friend. I miss you. I know we've chat just yesterday but I feel like a lot of things happened after you advise me to go to him. You remember the time when we were sophomore in Mr. Advincula's accounting class? He gave us a case where he wants to know if we can find what's wrong with the 4 quarters liquidation report of ABC Corporation. We read the case. Analyze it. All the class used up all the 3-hour period just for one case but nobody suss it. Mr. Advincula said we need to figure it out alone. Until now, he never reveal the answer. Now I know the answer. There was nothing wrong with the liquidation report. But we were so damn stupid to think we were too intelligent that we can solve what's wrong. SOLVE. Thalia, he didn't ask us to solve. He asked to find what's wrong. Sometimes, people stress themselves out on something that doesn't exist because of fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear to lose something and fear of being nailed as stupid. Thalia, I made myself believe I love Damon in 4 years because I was afraid that if he feel something for me and I don't feel anything for him, I'll hurt him. I push myself to him because I have expectation. I expect him to profess his love for me in the end. I was not hurt because my "love" wasn't reciprocated. I was hurt because I didn't get what I expected to happen. I was just embarrassed with myself so I blame him for it. Now, I learned that when you try to solve something that is not wrong in the first place, you end up into a real serious dilemma. If I didn't lead myself into such idiosyncrasy, I will never be here. But I wish that I should have fallen really in love with him. So I'll know the feeling of being one. I hadn't known that taking in someone's appearance for too long, is a sign. I hadn't known that when you find yourself at peace with someone, is a sign. I hadn't known that euphoric silence, is a sign. I hadn't known that missing someone for 3 days after you've been with them for less than 24 hours, is a sign. In the first place, I hadn't known that the urge to get out when the elevator opens on 3rd floor means you miss someone. I just knew it when I'm beginning to step into a booby trap. And bam! I'm dead.

Thalia, I am in love with him. And his name is Daemon. He's a family man. A loyal one. I never thought I could possible hate such act of loyalty. Lol. I should have known that I could possibly fall for him the moment I felt uneasy inside the elevator. I should have listen to my heart instead of detailing his every features. Lol. By then, if I knew, I should have start digging up possible bullets I might receive, and should have brace myself. So many 'should haves'. So many 'if onlys'. Tsss. It is just fucking frustrating that you'll only know you're in it when you finally feel the pain. Does love have to be like this?

There is something different in his eyes every time he looks at me. I don't want to assume anymore. But if I'm not mistaken, I think he's also developing feelings for me. Though I don't want to dig it up. Avoiding relationship conflicts and protecting family, is the least I can do to humanity. If I can't have my own, then I won't dare ruin other's. I realize I'm a good person. I just can't fathom why I'm getting myself into this mess.

PS: I don't want to know another Damon. The name's a jinx for me.

I rub my eyes and settled my laptop in the bed. I open my 6th bottle of beer. It's 6:00 in the evening. And I've been drinking my heart out after I woke up after lunchtime. We got back from Bulabog around 7:00 am. I slept again and woke up thirsty. So I ordered half case of beer. Samantha didn't even bother to ask me what I would do with all of this. Tss.

So here I am.

Celebrating my beautiful baptism in the world of love.

Pop!

I get back to my laptop and open my facebook.

Thalia message you

Thalia: Wth? I told you not to send me a novel in an email.