T h eH o m o

Shit. I have fallen asleep in the floor. And I'm still drunk. I was awaken by my laptop. Someone's calling me. I crawl into my bed and saw Thalia's name in the screen. I turn it off. 25 miscalls? What's her problem? I glance at the clock. 2:15. God. Why time is so slow? My Facebook ring again.

"Thalia what is it?" I ask groggily.

"Are you opening your fb?"

"No. Just messenger."

"So you still don't know about Damon?"

"Know what? I think I unfriended him." I yawn.

"I see. Karina, Damon is gay."

"Of course he's gay." I snickered

"He's a homo Karina." I stare at her. Her words slowly sinking in. Gay. As in.. His sexual preference is.. Is... No way! No fucking way! I hastily open my account and search for Damon San Pedro. I drag down the profile but don't see anything suspicious. I drag some more. No pictures. I was about to exit when I my eyes caught a post.

"Please stop spreading it. We're humans. We still deserve to be respected regardless of who we are. You can't simply impose you're righteous because you're straight while berating and stomping on your fellow human beings. Please. STOP."

I clutch my chest. And tears starts to trickle down. Thalia gets my attention but I can't hear what she's saying. I stare blankly at the laptop. Thalia has turned off the video call. I cry harder. My mind automatically race back from the time dad introduce me to him. Then when we finally hit it off. Highschool.. College.. My pseudoheartbreak.. The girl in white dress.. The.cafe.. The confrontation.. Oh my god.

I know I'm not crying because of the idea that I have fallen in love him. Nor because he's gay. I'm crying because my heart breaks for him. How could he have manage to hide it from me? When did he realize it? God. I'm so guilty. I was not even aware. Poor Damon. He fought it. And he have to use somebody to hide his identity. He could have chosen me but he didn't. Then in return, I accuse him of all the things I created in my mind. Oh shit. Bullshitty shitty shit. But hell. I hate him. I hate him for bringing me in this goddamn place. All because of stupid assumptions, groundless accusations and conflict of identity. If he had told me in the first place, no assumptions and confrontations would happen.

Uuurrrgh!

This doesn't make sense! Why God?? Just why?? You made me believe I was in love with Damon. Then you brought me here to fall in love to a family man. What's next? I fall back in the bed. I'm panting hard. I clutch my chest and try to calm myself. When my breathing return to normal, I wipe my tears and get up. Then opened two more beer. I slug each in two gulps and they're empty.

Maybe Daemon's wife doesn't deserve him. Maybe she's been cheating on him maybe Daemon just need some reason to break up with her and her bitchiness. So God brought us together.

Everything happens for a reason, right?

I took a deep breath then change my dress. Then arrange my hair in a bun. The whole process of changing takes 30 minutes because I keep on falling and dropping things. When I'm finally done, I swaggered lousily to the door.

###

Don't know how to title this part.