D i s p a r a g i n gL o y a l t y(K)

"Karina, you want?" Sam hands me a stick of pork barbeque.

"Thanks."

"You know what, we haven't had the time to know each other. We've been together for 10 hours straight now." she chuckled. Of course. You're clinging with Mark all day long.

"Yea. I thought you don't like me." I said flatly

"What? Did I give you that impression?"

"Yea. This past days, you know."

"Oh. That. Yea. Wait. I'll just get some drink." she said as she walk away. I think I just made her uneasy again. I just watch her go. I don't really care. People has been acting weird and so does my body.. And heart. I still don't want to name it. We're only together technically for 2 days. Daemon has never showed any signs that he likes me so I'm not going to entertain this. I'll get by. I'll be leaving in 3 days' time.

I'm sitting in the sand together with other guest here because Mark initiated a bonfire earlier. I can see Daemon animatedly talking to an old man. I don't need to think twice why I like him. He's really one handsome guy. I let out a huff and look in different direction. It's not good to be staring at him because I realize that every time I do, I become a metal and he became a magnet. Earlier, he taught me how to surf. Actually it doesn't need a lot of effort to coach me. I'm a fast learner. And besides, I hasten the practice because of the emotions surging through me every time he held my waist to balance me in the board. I'm afraid he would feel the tension bubbling inside me so even if I fell; I stand up quickly before he could come and help me up. I manage to enjoy the waves with those feelings though.

I stand up and walk away from the crowd with my slippers in hand. I remove my shirt when I reach the part where there is less people. I just want to feel the damp air here.The full moon reflects in the sea is calming to look at. I envy the serenity it emits. I sit on the sand and eat my pork barbeque.

"Karina!"

"Sam, over here!" I shouted back.

She squinted her eye and begin to walk towards me. "I've been looking for you. Sorry it took me long." she said sitting beside me.

"It's okay." I get the cocktail she's holding and sip.

"Why are you here?" she asked. I shrug.

"Maybe I want to gaze at the reflection of the moon in the water quietly." I don't have any sage thing to say.

"Oh. Uhh Karina, about my attitude, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I can't blame you. You're too young to handle such business." I said smiling. She look befuddled but recover immediately.

"Yea. Yea. Business problem." she said while looking back in the water. She took a sip of her drink and smile at me.

"How long have you and Mark been together?"

"Hmm. 3 years ago. I was 17. I met him when I came back from US. Then', she make a goofy grin, 'we fall in love.'

"Wow. That fast?"

"Yea. 3 days after Dee introduce me to him. Of course, it's a bloody argument between us. But finally he conceded. Actually it's not that he doesn't like Mark for me. On the contrary, he doesn't want me for Mark. Say I'm too liberated and that and that." she chuckled and slug down her drink.

"Oh. That's really funny. Why only after 3 days? I mean, how can you be sure it's love?" I ask. I know we're the same age but it looks like she's far smarter than me in that area. I just hope I don't sound tenderfoot here.

"Karina, you'll know it once it occur, right?

"That's right." I said with flair of all-knowing cheerleader.