Chapter 3: Meet Damon II (K's pov)

I flip my phone upside down. Point it in all directions. Come on signal please. I throw the phone in my bed and it bounce right on the side slumping on the floor. I turn back and grip the guardrail of the veranda. I examine my surroundings.

Standing here is quiet breathtaking. I'm on the 6th floor of Salvatore. Cottages, benches and cozy restaurants filled the lawn below. Coconut trees lined up in the white sand 10 ft away from the shoreline. The water is mesmerizing blue and clear. The sea nonchalantly stretched to the horizon. It is only six in the morning and only few people is in the view meeting the heat of already high sun. I close my eyes and heave a deep breath. I put my right hand in my left breast and chant. "All is well. All is well. All is well."

I open my eyes and decided to have an early swim on the pool in the ground when there's still a little crowd. As much as possible I avoid social contacts right now. Last night I passed by a large group of party-peeps rollicking under the moonlight. The management had set up a small stage in between two coconut trees with lights, speakers and disc jockeys. A mini open concert was held. On the other side, a group of middle aged chatted noisily. Drinks, cocktails and finger-foods rained. Heard a group of celebrity tweens were calling the shots. A hubble-bubble was all over the place. I went to my room and locked up. Well. Crazy me. Chosen this place and this. Lol. But I feel secured with myself alone. Thalia went back to US yesterday so it's quiet a relief. She's been bugging me of her "sage" advice's regarding with Damon's eccentricity. Say it's an arbitrary rule of nature that men should know the difference between treating a friend and treating a girl to become a potential girlfriend. To miss that is to stumped the girls' dignity. Sure. He stumped me. Because Damon San Pedro was never a man. He's just a boy. Damn him. Sure Thalia has sense. But I need this little getaway with me, myself and I.

I close the sliding glass door and change in my red one-piece swimsuit. It's one-piece but it leaves virtually nothing to the imagination. The bra and underwear are connected by a slender curve cloth. Covering only an inch of my stomach's length, enough to hide my bellybutton. My back are bare. Except for the tiny strings knotted in my back and neck to hold my bra. I pull on my white cotton short and tie my hair in a bun. I pick up my poor phone. Still no signal. I suddenly miss Thalia. The last message I received from her was a quote of boy-girl friendship. It was yesterday and it brought back awful memories. Maybe this is better. No all-contrite parents like they're the ones to blame. No phone. No bugging friends. Oops. Just friend. I realized I only have her. Damon is history now. Alright. Carry on. It's my second day here and still haven't get a scintilla of what lies in this haven of island. Too consumed of past baggage's. Whatta shame. History my bum.

I throw my phone perfectly on the bed and put on my Ipanema, grab my RayBan, sunscreen, earphones and wallet, then toss them in my white I love PH clothbag. I glance around the room to see what else I should bring. Well, I'll leave my heart here of course. Oops. My keycard. I step in an empty hall and headed to the elevator.

I punch the down arrow and it opened in a second. The inside is unusually wide and the walls are mirrored including the door. One would go crazy if this ride would take forever. I wonder why this is how it is built. I am blankly staring at my reflection when it opened on the 3rd floor. A guy probably around twenty-five years old entered. 6 feet tall with broad shoulders exposed on his sleeveless beach shirt. Brown skin, hairy arms and legs, pointed nose, lazy stoic eyes and thin lips. The room is spacious but I move closer to the corner. This guy just made it like a portalet. I will the elevator to descend faster. I keep my eyes on the floor.

"Hi." I heard him say. I look up and meet his smiling face, exposing his perfectly white teeth. He has this aura that would compel anyone he greets to respond. The affability of him is conveyed in his smiling brown eyes. It crinkled in either side when he smiles.