I tI sR e a l l yI sG o o d b y e

Karina

I look back at White Beach as the boat accelerated away. Series of events flash in my mind. How I get here and why I'm leaving this early. My stay feels like it's longer than necessary where in fact it's only 10 days including this day. The last 4 years of my life didn't hold a candle for what I have experience in the last 10 days. Like God had sent a 5 seconds of 7.8 intensity earthquake to a calm and never harmed city for years. Then after 5 seconds, people forget the look of the place before the tremor happened.

Like my life now, I forget what my life was like before this 10 days. But I think I don't forget it actually. Maybe there's just none to keep in mind. Because my life in the past was hallow. And it needs 10 days of shaking to let me realize that. Maybe that is just how God works. He'll shake you so badly, until you're out of shape, before He makes a major change in the course of your life. Maybe He's knocking in my heart too long but I'm not listening. That's why He was force to inflict pain.

Because pain, whether we admit it or not, makes us a better and stronger and wiser.

I shift to turn my head to where we are heading. Looking back hurts my neck.

------------------------------------------------------------------#-----------------------------------------------------------------

Daemon

"She's really gone?" Sam ask.

"Yea. An hour ago I said. I've been saying that for 4 times already Sam. What's with you?" I help the bellhop carry my suitcase outside the room. Sam is leaning her back on the door. She's been fussing because I let Karina go without waking her up.

"Tss. I must have overslept." she hissed.

I stop and face her. "Sam, you went to bed at 2am and you wake up at 6. You're even lack of sleep."

"No. I should have watched her go and watch you talk." she pouts.

"Trust me Sam, you don't want to see it." I said as I move to settle my suitcase outside the room.

"Is this all Sir?" the bellhop asked.

"Yes Carlo. Just haul it all in the boat. I'll just fetch mum."

"Why do you have 5 luggages? Did you bring all your clothes?"

"Yea. I don't think I'll be back next summer. After the ordination we'll be going in our community."

"Why bring everything?"

"That's not everything. I left some that I can use here in case I'll be staying overnight."

"Overnight? You're not anticipating a long vacation here at some time?"

I don my knapsack and proceed to the door. "Let's go Sam."

She's sitting in my bed looking stubborn than ever. I stare at her then roll my eyes. "Come on now Sam." I cooed. She stands up, lips purse in silent protest, arms cross in her chest, then proceed to the door. I grin. I enjoy this side of her because she often acts like I'm the one who's 5 years younger than her.

"What?" she snapped.

"You know, you're a pain in the.. Uhh, head you little imp', she widen her eyes, I cackle, 'Yes. You little imp. But I love you and I'll surely miss you. Don't blow off my special day little sis, okay?" I finish. Her eyes widen at every 'little' word which I silently celebrated always.

She rolled her eyes.

"What do I say?" she said then she hug me tight. "I love you Dee. And I'll miss you too." I let go and cup her face. I just stare at her then smirk. She pulled herself from the bed and give me a gentle jab in the midriff. I put my arms in her shoulder, she lean on it and we saunter towards the elevator.

"Let's fetch mum."

"Sure."

"Dee?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you broke off with her?" she lift her face to look at me.

"Nope. But I think she did." I recall Karina's face when I said 'next time'. "Yea. She probably did." We enter the elevator and I grimace covertly. But then Sam is looking at my crack reflection.

"This is where it all started." she said softly. I didn't respond.

A lot has happened. No matter how I dodge it, the memories remain. Her smile, her scowl and her frown. I'll miss her fussiness, her unconscious hold of her stomach, the changing of extreme emotions in her eyes, and most of all, her bravery to come clean with me. Although she knew, despite wrong assumptions at first, that we can never be together, she still confessed. And despite the fact that she knows I also have feelings, she didn't push herself. She didn't talk me out of my choice. I feel the purity of the love she has for me. When I felt the moist in my shirt when I hugged her, my system disintegrated once more. But I managed my emotion before I let her see my face.

It's only been a few days, but I have seen the maturity in her. No wonder she easily bonded with Samantha. If it was another girl, maybe she already threw Sam outside her room from all the emotional set ups. But then again, she was not just any other girl. She's smart and selfless and strong. I know she'll be in good hands someday. She deserves it more than anyone else in this world.

I look at Samantha. I guess I'm just so blessed to have people whose 10 years older than their age. I chuckled. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing. I just wonder what you two have talked."

She cocks her brow. Then slowly move her eyes away from me. She didn't respond. I admit I'm annoyed every time her mouth opens. But when she doesn't, I'm more scared. She faced me again and grins goofily. I slowly shake my head. My Samantha. Tss

We are quiet down to the ground floor. We step outside the elevator.

That was going to be my last ride.

===The end===

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

WRITTEN BY: Vanessa A. Tingson

CONCEPTUALIZED BY: Vanessa A. Tingson

COVER BY: Vanessa A. Tingson (it's a crap, i know. Feel free to change if you have something better)

All grammatical errors and confusing tenses are owned by me. This is edited by no one. PM me for rants and serious offense. DON'T PUT IT IN THE COMMENT BOX. 

The story have a sequel but this is a flap. So I won't upload it anymore, although I'll continue writing it because my heart says so.

If you have reached this part, thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed. Ha-ha.

I would appreciate a comment or two. Thanks a bunch!

LOve, Chayenne Son

(In case you're bothered, Chayenne means Vanessa in ancient echosness. And Son, well, TingSON.)