G o o dB y e

Karina

Maybe I'm just in a hurry to haul myself out of this island. Or maybe I'm just too excited to see him. Or maybe I'm afraid I won't catch them in time. I'm not sure. Because it's only 4:00 in the morning, the time people here fall asleep and I'm freshly bathe, ready to seize the day. Thank God my grogginess after 3 hours of sleep were washed out. I wore my white high-waist skinny jeans and white crop-top tee. I pull my hair in a bun and dabbed a little lipstick. I'm too shy to wear beachy get up for this time of my life. I don't want to be excited because it's not appropriate. Even the whites were heedfully and nonrandomly picked.

But yea. I'm so excited.

Actually, I hurried to fall asleep after Sam left so time would pass sparing me the frustration of waiting. There's no way he'll gonna change his mind so I'll just take him all in before going. I'll move on if I get out of this place. God. Pinky promise.

Pop!

I turn to my laptop. I think Thalia had replied to my yet another novel. I couldn't help but tell her everything. But just the facts. What took place, who said what and the like.

Thalia: Tsss. You could really write a book with this novels you send. I hate you. Anyway, a drop-dead gorgeous gay best friend. And a drop-dead macho Seminarian. Did you happen to step on a poop? You seem very lucky.

I laugh.

Me: I know. But forget the stepping of poop myth. I just happen to be sleeping when God gave away a gift of empyrean destiny.

Thalia: But seriously, I'm getting crazy with the plots of your life. Now I'm intrigue what will happen next.

Me: Maybe I'll have a dying lover

Thalia: Idiot. Ha ha ha.

Me: Thanks.

Thalia: You're always welcome. :) No, seriously Kar, you left me astounded. You're the most bravest and nicest girl I have ever known. Now I'm assured that no matter what I'll do to you, I can just get away unscathed.

Me: Tssssss. My resentment easily drop-off because I defend reason, not emotion.

Thalia: Sometimes it's better that you're real stupid. Because you keep on contradicting your own emotion. In the end, you blame it all to yourself.

Me: I just believe that everything that happens to us is the result of our previous actions or decisions.

Thalia: Really? Back in our sophomore years, that Mean Susan cornered you in the CR and trashtalked you because of flirting with Damon. You said she's just the victim here because she like Damon. You can't blame her. You forgot that you're Damon's best friend and that she's being unreasonable. Then Fat Joseph tripped you while you hurriedly ran out of the room because you left your homework in the cafeteria. You said that if you didn't leave it, Fat Joseph won't made that mistake. And he won't be sent to the DO and receive sanction.

Me: Yea? What about that? It's all true.

Thalia: Wth Karina! You can't live like that!

Me: What do you want me to do? Blame A because I have weird assumptions and blame E because I fell in love without him doing anything? Blame Samantha for all the schemes she concocted?

Thalia: No. No. Yes.

Me: You're indifference toward Sam is not about me. Come on

Thalia: Of course not.

Me: Really. Okay pseudoloveguru, do you honestly and wholeheartedly believe that without Sam's interventions, I won't fall in love with E?

Thalia: No. But she rub it too much when she knew it's next to nothing.