HIDDEN SECRETS - jason dilaur...

By moonyschocolate8

[editing] A year had passed since Alison DiLaurentis disappeared off the face of the earth, and the five ex-f... More

hidden secrets
soundtrack
act one
01| pilot
02| the jenna thing
03| to kill a mocking girl
04| can you hear me now?
05| Reality Bites Me
06| There's No Place Like Homecoming
07| Homecoming Hangover
08| Please Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
09| The Perfect Storm
10| Keep Your Friends Close
11| Moments Later
12| Salt meets wound
13| Know Your Frenemies
14| Careful What U Wish 4
15| if At First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie again
16| Je Suis Une Amie
17| The New Normal
18| The Badass Seed
19| A Person of Interest
20| Someone to Watch Over Me
21| Monsters in the End
22| For Whom the Bell Tolls
Season 2
01| It's Alive
02| The Goodbye Look
03| My name is Trouble
04| Blind Dates
05| The Devil You Know
06| Never Letting Go
07| Surface Tension
08| Save the Date
09| Picture This
10| Touched By An 'A'-ngel
11| I Must Confess
12| Over My Dead Body
13| The First Secret
14| Through Many Dangers, Tolls and Snares
15| A Hot Piece of 'A'
16| Let the Water Hold Me Down
17| The Blond Leading the Blind
19| The Naked Truth
20| Ctrl: A
21| Breaking the Code
22| Father Knows Best
23| Eye of the Beholder
24| If These Dolls Could Talk
25| UnmAsked
Season 3
01| It Happened "That Night"
02| Blood is the New Black
03| Kingdom of the Blind
04| Birds of a Feather
05| That Girl is Poison
06| The Remains of the 'A'
07| Crazy
08| the kahn game
09| the lady killer
10| this is A dark ride
11| she's better now
12| misery loves company
13| dead to me
14| sunflowers
15| sunshine
16| what becomes of the broken-hearted?
17| hot water
18| out of sight, out of mind
19| will the circle be unbroken?
20| i'm your puppet
21| a dangerous game

18| A Kiss Before Lying

2.5K 67 5
By moonyschocolate8

"Our friends are all hanging out without us."

Ivy lifted her head up from her book. "Really?" she asked. Hanna nodded. "I mean we shouldn't be annoyed they're hanging out. Maybe they're studying for a subject that we don't take." Ivy suggested.

"I'm fine with them hanging out, but they didn't need to lie about it. Spencer said she was hanging out with her family, then I heard Aria calling Emily." Hanna explained.

"Maybe they're doing something secretive." Ivy shrugged. Then she suddenly gasped. "Maybe they're planning a birthday party for you!"

Hanna glared at her. "My birthday is in like 5 months."

"Maybe they're planning it early." Ivy joked, standing up from her bed. "But really we shouldn't be annoyed at them. Plus we don't need them, we're better than them anyway." She draped an arm round her Hanna's shoulder, and led the two downstairs.

Ivy, Hanna and Ashley sat at the dinner table. Hanna was playing with her salad, and Ivy kept staring off into space.

Ashley broke the silence first, "So are your friends coming over?" She asked them.

"No, we told you. They're being annoying." Hanna replied.

Ashley looked between the two. "What does that mean?"

"Never mind. It's not a big deal." Ivy said, taking a sip of her drink.

Ashley put her fork down, annoyed at the two. "Okay, can we talk about the elephant in the room?"

"Kate is not an elephant, she's a snake, and she's going to our school. Mom, our life is completely ruined." Hanna exclaimed. Ivy nodded along, agreeing.

"It's not ruined. It's just gonna be an adjustment." Ashley reassured them.

"The only thing she's adjusting are her plans to take me down." Hanna said.

Ivy shook her head. "Us. She hates me too."

Ashley glanced between the two. "I spoke to your dad—"

"He ain't my dad." Ivy mumbled.

"—And he said - he made it clear to Kate that there'll be serious consequences if—" Ashley started, but got interrupted again.

Ivy scoffed. "You think she's gonna listen to him?" She asked rhetorically.

"Look, Hanna, Ivy...I'm not exactly looking forward to running into Isabel at the supermarket, but if we don't take the high road, we're gonna be the ones who end up looking like trash." Ashley stated. "So just promise me that you will both do everything you can to make Kate feel welcome tomorrow."

"Fine. We promise." Hanna said.

Ivy looked at her. "I didn't promise anything." She spoke, glancing back at Ashley, who gave her a stern look. "Okay...I promise."

○ ○ ○

"So, what'd you guys do last night?" Hanna asked Spencer, Emily and Aria, as they went along the lunch line.

Aria was the one who answered. "Oh, we studied for a chem test."

"We went to Spencer's for help." Emily added.

Ivy picked up a chocolate chip muffin, and an apple, and placed them on her tray.

"So today is doomsday, huh?" Spencer queried.

"Why? Did you see her?" Hanna asked, as Ivy looked around the room for any sign of Kate.

"Maybe Kate wants to star fresh." Emily suggested.

Ivy and Hanna looked at her. "The last time I gave her the benefit of the doubt, I ended up blowing chunks on my chunky heels."

Hanna looked around the cafeteria. "Oh, my God! Is that her?"

"Where?" Ivy spun around, looking throughout the cafeteria with a frantic look on her face.

"Never mind."

Aria leant forward. "Han, Ivy, come on, you both need to relax."

"We would be if you guys were doing a better job keeping a lookout." Hanna snapped.

"Hanna, I never got a good look at Kate to begin with. The only time I've ever seen her was across a crowded church." Spencer said, taking the lead towards an empty table.

Ivy noticed something hanging out of Spencer's jumper. "What is that poking out from under your sweater?"

"Is that a dude's undershirt?"

Spencer froze for a moment. "Maybe. It's Toby's." And she sat down, encouraging the girls to pull up the chairs beside her.

All four of them looked at Spencer, with sympathy. "You guys, do not look at me like I'm one of those dogs with wheels for legs, okay?"

Ivy pointed a finger at her. "That is not even funny to joke about." She warned.

Spencer held her hands up in defence. She then turned to Emily. "Em, when is your mom coming?"

"Tomorrow. I'm really excited." Emily answered.

"Hanna? Ivy?" A voice called.

The two snapped their heads round to see Kate standing there awkwardly. "Kate. Welcome to Rosewood High." Hanna greeted her.

"Thanks." Kate said. Then she noticed their friends. "Hi, I'm Kate. We haven't officially met yet."

Aria gave her a small wave. "Hey, I'm Aria."

"Emily."

"Spencer."

Kate gave them a nod. "So, I got my schedule, and first period, I have History with Mr. Barcocas."

"Oh, yeah. Mr. Barocas. He's easy. Everybody likes him." Aria told her.

Spencer looked at Kate with familiarity.

"Um, we can show you where it is. We're actually in that class, too." Hanna said.

Spencer leant forward a bit. "Yeah, Kate, um, have we actually met before?" She asked.

Kate thought for a moment, pursing her lips. "You're right, we have, at the wedding." Hanna and Ivy gave Spencer a look for her to knock it off. "It's nice to have met you all. Bye." She waved.

Ivy glanced at Hanna as she got up from her seat. "I'll just stay here." Ivy said. Hanna grabbed her arm, - just as she was about to take a bite out of her muffin - yanking her up.

"Thank you both for doing this. I wouldn't have blamed you if you decided to make me fend for myself." Kate said.

Hanna's phone unexpectedly beeped. "Yeah, don't worry about it." She looked down at her phone, and her eyes went slightly wide.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Oh, yeah, it's just my mom. Wondering what time Ivy and I will be home for dinner."

Kate nodded and walked off, leaving Ivy and Hanna alone.

"What happened?"

Hanna handed Ivy the phone.

BLOCKED ID
Call off your techno-boy-toy or I tell
the cops what your mom keeps in the
lasagna box.
-A

○ ○ ○

"So you moved from Baltimore?" Aria asked, as the five friends sat around the table with Kate.

Kate nodded. "Yeah, so I can still go home on weekends and visit my friends." She smiled.

"That's nice."

Spencer started to grill Kate, "Do you have any family in Maine, by any chance?"

Kate shook her head. "Nope. No, all in Maryland."

"Have you ever been to Maine? The Northeast harbour area?"

Kate shook her head again. "Nope."

Emily cleared her throat. "So, Kate, will you be joining any clubs or sports teams?" She wondered.

"Yeah, I was actually thinking—"

Spencer clicked her fingers together. "Debate!"

"Orchestra."

"Sorry, I thought I must've seen you at a debate." Spencer said. "Are you sure that we haven't met before?"

Kate thought for a moment. "Pretty sure. So I'm gonna head to class and introduce myself to the teacher. I will see you all soon."

"Bye." They all said simultaneously, as Kate got up from the table.

Hanna and Ivy snapped their heads to face Spencer. "What are you doing?"

"I know her. I know I know her. I just don't know where I know her from." Spencer stated.

Ivy and Hanna stared at her in disbelief. "Can you back off?" Hanna asked. "I'm not gonna let her complain to my dad that my friends are giving her the fourth degree."

Spencer stared at her. "It's the third degree."

"Whatever. Just stop giving her degrees, okay?"

——————

"While I'm going over to Spencer's house to watch a movie, you're going out on a date with Jason. Tell me how that's fair?" Hanna questioned.

Ivy sighed, putting down her mascara. "It's not a date. We're just going out."

Hanna shook her head. "It is a date."

Ivy rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, do you know where you're going?" Hanna asked.

"Nope. He just said to dress casual, but I don't know what that means." Ivy replied, putting on some lip balm.

Ivy stood up from her desk, and faced Hanna - who was laying on Ivy's messy bed. "How do I look?" She asked, holding her arms out.

She wore a pair of black baggy mom jeans, with a simple grey top, and black converse.

"Alright. You could look better."

"Gee, thanks Hanna." Ivy said sarcastically.

The doorbell suddenly rang and Ivy looked up at Hanna. "Can you get it? I'm not ready yet." She asked.

Hanna nodded and left the room, going down the stairs. She pulled open the door, and Jason stood there, with a bouquet of tulips.

"Hi, Hanna." Jason gave her a small smile.

Hanna pointed an accusing finger at him. "I just want to let you know that if you hurt her, I'll kill you. She's already had so many people in her life that have left, and you're not gonna be the next, unless you want your dick cut off." She said harshly. "Okay?"

Jason gave her a slow nod.

"Good." And she took the flowers from his hands, and brought them through to the kitchen.

Jason stood in the hallway awkwardly, just looking around.

Ivy walked down the stairs, and came face to face with Jason.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hi." The corners of his lips pulled upwards.

The two were just staring at each other, until a voice broke them out of their trance. "Be back by eleven." Hanna said, giving Jason a warning look.

"Okay, will do." He nodded, holding his hand out for Ivy to take.

She placed her hand in his with a small smile, waved Hanna goodbye, and headed out to Jason's car.

Jason opened Ivy's door for her, and she climbed in. "Where are we going?" Ivy asked, as she put her seatbelt on.

"It's a secret. You'll know when you get there." Jason grinned.

Ivy rolled her eyes. "That is so not fair."

Jason just chuckled, and started the car.

The drive to the unknown place was filled with chatting, laughter and music. Ivy and Jason never run out of anything to say. They always had something new to tell. Whether that be a new book they're reading, or a movie they watched.

Jason finally pulled into an empty parking lot of a wildlife reserve. The light from the moon bouncing off the dark and shadowy trees.

He got out, walked round the car, and opened Ivy's door. "I hope you know I hate spiders. And if you make me touch one, I'll kill you." Ivy said, getting out the car, the gravel crunched under her feet.

Jason chuckled. "I know that. But that's not why we're here."

"You're gonna murder me?" Ivy queried.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Jason joked, holding out his hand, which Ivy took.

Jason grabbed something from the trunk, and then led Ivy to the front of the car, and got on the hood. He helped her up, and the two sat there.

"Star gazing." Ivy muttered with a smile. She turned to look at Jason, the moonlight hitting his features, showing his sharp jawline, his outlined cheekbones, and defined nose.

His white teeth were revealed when he grinned at her. "You like?"

"I love!" Ivy exclaimed, laying back against the windscreen, and Jason did the same.

Jason reached into his bag, and pulled out a tub of strawberries and pineapple, and two forks. He handed one to her, and stabbed the other into a piece of pineapple.

The two sat silently for a while, just soaking in each other's company, and watching the stars.

Ivy shivered. "It's a bit cold." She noted.

"Here." Jason took off his grey hoodie, and handed it to her.

"Thanks." She smiled, putting it on.

Immediately warmth from the hoodie, covered her body.

Jason looked over at Ivy, her features were tinted with light and shadow. She was trying to roll up the sleeves on the hoodie, and was sort of struggling. Jason thought it was cute.

Ivy turned her head, locking eyes with Jason. Only just then did she realise how close they were together.

Jason reached up, and brushed a piece of blonde hair behind her ear, then rested his hand on her cheek.

You could cut the tension with a knife.

It was like the whole world stopped for a moment. Everything around them faded into background noise. The owls hooting. The trees whistling. The crickets chirping. All silent.

Ivy felt herself leaning in. And Jason felt the same.

The familiar buzz of her phone made the two split apart before they had even connected lips.

Everything came back. The owls, the trees, the crickets. And Ivy was surprised at how loud everything around them was.

She cleared her throat, and answered her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ivy, have you seen my shirt? The white one with the pink flowers?" Hanna's voice sounded through the phone.

Ivy thought for a moment. "Uh, no. Check my wardrobe." She said.

There was a few rustling noises coming from Hanna's end, then she spoke again, "Yeah. I got it! Thanks. Bye."

"Bye." Ivy smiled.

Hanging up the phone created an even more awkward atmosphere between Jason and Ivy.

Jason broke the silence, "Come on, let's get you home, or Hanna'll have me."

Ivy nodded, and hoped off the car, and into the passenger seat.

Jason pulled out of the reserve, and the whole entire way to Ivy's house was set in complete silence. Jason thankfully put the radio on, to make the ride slightly better.

Ivy walked up the path, after Jason opened and closed her door for Ivy. "Oh, your hoodie." Ivy started, about t9 take it off.

"No, just keep it. It looks better on you anyways."

The two bid an awkward goodnight, and headed they're separate ways.

Ivy shut the door behind her, took one breath, and collapsed to the floor.

"You alright?" Ashley asked, startling Ivy.

"Yep. Absolutely fantastic." She replied.

○ ○ ○

Ivy stood with her back to a locker, as Hanna looked in hers. "Oh, shit, I left my phone at home." Ivy said, checking her pockets.

"It's fine. You probably won't need it anyway." Hanna replied.

Ivy was about to say something else, but stopped when Noel came up to them, and said to Hanna, "Thanks Marin. You made my day." And he walked off.

"What?" They both tilted their heads.

Noel turned back to them, looking down at his phone with a smirk, then walked off.

"Any idea what that was?" Hanna asked.

Ivy shook her head. "No idea."

Emily came rushing over to them, her phone in her hand. "What the hell we're you thinking?" She said to Hanna

"About what?"

"If that's taking the high road, what's the low road?" Emily wondered.

Spencer and Aria suddenly appeared. "Did you have a stroke? You promised you wouldn't say anything." Spencer said.

Hanna stared at them with her arms crossed. Ivy stood on the side, equally confused.

Aria spoke next, "Hanna, why would you do this? You're gonna be in so much trouble."

"Can one of you guys please tell me what I did?" Hanna questioned.

Emily handed her over her phone, and Hanna and Ivy looked down at the message.

Hanna
Before & After:
From Boil N' Baggies
to Boring Bitch

Photo.jpg

Hanna clicked on the photo to show a picture of Kate naked in the locker room.

The two looked back up at them. "I didn't do this." Hanna said, shaking her head. "Where would I have even taken that picture?"

"It looks like it was taken in the girl's locker room." Emily spoke.

"No, I did not send this to you guys." Hanna shook her head.

Aria looked around then back at Hanna. "Hanna, you didn't just send it to us. You sent it to everybody in your address book."

Hanna looked around.

Everyone kept glancing at her, then to their phones.

Aria started, "If you didn't send this—"

"Do we even have to ask?"

"You're in deep shit..." Ivy trailed off.

———————

Hey, losers!
I'm back. Again. My prelims are done, so I'm hoping I'll get to writing more chapters.

There was a little tension moment between Jason and Ivy. What'd you think about it? Did you like the chapter?

Oh and that bitch, Kate. I'm gonna kill her.

Hope you're okay.
Oh! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Wishing you the best for this year. This is the year. I can feel It. (I'm probably wrong, but whatever.) You've got this. Go for that dream! Make that sandwich! Be the person you want to be. Get rid of toxic friends, you don't need them. This year, is the year for change.

You've got this.
Katie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 999 57
One year after the disappearance of their best friend,five friends bond again,when an anonymous person is threathening to spill their depest,darkest...
193K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
486K 9.8K 41
Alexandra Dale, now Alexandra Dale Valentino, was bullied in high school for her appearance, even by some of her brothers. A nerd with braces and gla...
362K 10.2K 65
"Wine stained teeth and bloodshot eyes, think we're both fucked up and that's alright". [BOOK ONE OF DANIELLA MONTGOMERY SERIES] [PRETTY LITTLE LIARS...