Bound By Marriage

By its_me_shreee

โ€ข๐Ÿฅ‡#1๐šœ๐š ๐š™๐š˜๐šœ๐š’๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐™ถ๐šŽ๐š—๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š• ๐™ต๐š’๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š’๐šœ๐š ๐™ฐ๐š ๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐šœ 2022 โ€ข๐™ฑ๐šŽ๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
โค๏ธA Heartfelt Note Of Gratitudeโค๏ธ
Prologue
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 9

2.1K 182 151
By its_me_shreee

꧁-------❤︎-------꧂

Neil's POV

After her departure, I was still standing there numb while four pair of eyes were looking at me, out of which one pair of eyes was glaring at me while other three looked at me in disbelief.

And that one pair of eyes was of Karan bhaiyya's

Among those, all I could concentrate was on the look which She gave me before leaving the house. Her tear stricken face was constantly flashing in my mind as I guessed that I maybe did wrong.

But Neil Khurrana isn't wrong. Definitely it's a forced marriage and all need to know that always their words won't stay. They forced to do this and now has to bear the consequences of the same too

"That was not at all necessary" I looked away, turning towards Karan bhaiyya who shot me an angry glare before walking away towards our grandmother's room.

Without knowing what to speak, I slowly walked towards Naina who looked at me with her teary eyes and immediately looked down.

"Nai---" I called her, cupping her face as in a go she shrugged off my hand and said, "Please bhaiyya don't"

"Naina. My darling. You know right your bhaiya can't see tears in your eyes my love" my voice was soft enough as she gave a sarcastic laugh.

I knew that it was not at all easy for me to handle them now but I also could never see my sister crying.

She is someone who was, is and will always remain very special to me and her tears really pierce my heart like anything

"You know what bhaiyya thank God that mom or daadi or someone else isn't here. We know bhaiyya it's not easy to accept whatever happened for them. But bhaiyya, this marriage not only turned your life into a 360°, but Tia bhabi's too. And today I ain't crying because what you said beacuse it's between you husband and wife. Obviously you shouldn't have said it loud. But because for our teasing. Our little fun today in the early morning we made our bhabi cry. Anyways, the sorry or apology you wanted to from us, if possible tell that to bhabi. Your words did hurt her. It did bhaiyya" she said in a go and ran towards her room as Anamika bhabi followed her along with Naman, not before them giving me a look.

After their departure, I stood there numb as the last lines which Naina uttered kept ringing in my mind.

"Your words did hurt her. It did bhaiyya"

Was I really sounded that rude???

But it was true. It's indeed a forced marriage. Moreover they all saw my fault and not what she did. She was about to fall, I...I saved her : my mind spoke while my heart whispered something else.

"After saving her, you did hurt her by your words, knowingly or unknowingly you did which is more painful than the pain which she could have felt if she had fallen" my heart said while my mind rolled it's eyes.

Without wasting a single second, I shrugged it off all the thoughts from my mind and heart and let out a heavy breath and walked towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

As I passed through the dining area and was about to enter the kitchen, my eyes suddenly fell on a file that was lying beside the place where she sat and was having her breakfast.

Drinking the water and keeping the bottle back into the refrigerator, I walked towards the table and took hold of the file as it read her name, along with it was a pendrive and a laboratory coat.

"Why are these stuffs lying here?? She didn't carry these when I caught her from falling. Then this---" I thought and before I could complete my sentence I heard Anamika bhabi's voice.

"Oh no this girl also" I turned around, looking at her who slapped her forehead, shaking her head.

"I brought that from her room while she was having breakfast and I reminded her so many times to take it with her positively. But still this girl forgot" she slowly walked towards me and continued, "Afterall, it's quite expectable too after what happened. Anyways, I am telling your bhaiyya else I will give it to her once I leave for my work too"

"Angry. Aren't we???" I asked as she looked at me confused.

"Bhabi you know what, I won't get angry with you all even if you scold me. You may be my sister-in-law by relation but since you got married and became my Karan bhaiyya's best half, I considered you as my elder sister. Like bhaiyya,  you too have the right to scold me. But please bhabi don't react like this. You know whatever I am doing are for you all" she looked at me as I spoke.

"You know Neil you are really very mysterious" she replied with a smile and caressed my face and continued,"You very well know right that your bhabi can't be angry with you. Afterall, I never had any siblings since childhood and here I found four of you. Neil don't mind your bhaiyya's words, you know how much he loves Tiasha. Just like I love you as my own brother, he loves Tiasha as his own sister. But one suggestion please. I know it's not easy for you both to be together like a normal couple so easily. But please, for us, for everyone keep your ego, attitude, 'I-don't-believe-in-marriage' and all stuff aside and try to give this relationship a chance. Neil we are bound to be with the person who id meant for us and believe me, even if we search the whole world, we won't find a better life partner for you than her. You guys don't have to be husband wife at first only. Just try to be her friend, a constant support, a companion"

"Bhabi I am supporting her. I didn't put any restriction on her. She is free to do anything. And please you are taking the matter into a different zone. I was talking about you and me and bhaiyya"

"Neil just allowing her to do whatever she wants is not called support. What I am talking about is mental support. Be the one for her, whom she can trust blindly, you makes her mood when she feels low, who gives her a shoulder to cry and not make her cry and get angry on silly issues" she said the last few voice in a stern way as I sighed looking away.

Indeed this girl is something that with just two-three days she became everyone's favourite

Anyways as if I care

"Anyways, leave this. You know the more we talk the more the matter will be dragged further. But I believe my brother will definitely understand this one day and this is a sister's beleive. Your Anu bhabi's beleive. Now give me these. I am only---"

Before she could complete her sentence, I don't know what happened to me and I interrupted.

"Not needed bhabi. I will give it to her. Her class begins after lunch break and today without one meeting, I took a leave and decided to work from home. So yeah, while returning back I will give it to her"

"You will??" she asked as I nodded.

"Okay then. But leave before Karan comes. Already he is angry now and yeah dare you say a word to my sister" she warned as a chuckle let out her mouth while I rolled my eyes.

"Second one I can't give a assurance and as for bhaiyya, I am not scared of your demon husband"

"Hawww shut up. He is your brother you stupid " she said slapping my arms lightly as I whinced in pain.

"Drama King. I didn't hit you that hard also"

"Haha. You know bhabi I thought for today you will also remain angry with me. And you know right why I am like this??? Mom thinks that except them no one knows nothing much but you and bhaiyya knows much more than anyone does. You both were and still now are there for me to hear my heart out"

"Neil you know you are still such a kid. Why my dear brother, why do you stay like this tough, emotionalless man then?? Don't you think we all miss our Neil??? Miss the one who was always happy and could laugh without any reason"

"Bhabi for you and bhaiyya I am still the same. For mom, dadi, bua everyone"

"And for mamu and Tiasha?? For them??"

"Bhabi please not again. Anyways let me leave. I am getting late. Moreover thank you for again listening to my words and understanding. I love you bhabi" I replied hugging her as she reciprocated the hug.

"Always there for you Neil. Afterall, you gave me the love and respect of an elder sister and I found a not-so-innocent, a kid by heart, mischievous devil younger brother in you" I looked at her as she gave me a sweet smile.

"Ok then bhabi. Bye. Please handle here and tell Naina and Naman that I can't see tears in their eyes. Also yeah not to forget to take two three buckets of cold ice water for your husband to cool him down. Byeeee" I ran away before bhabi could give a reply as I looked at her who shook her head, glaring at me.

"Oh god, there is a kid hidden in this 26years man. Completely crazy he is" I heard bhabi's words as I walked out of the door, chuckling.

Then I got into my car and keeping her things on the passenger seat, I drove off to office.
......

"Arun I want the assignment ready by today itself. Got that???" I screamed my lungs out as I saw him gulping a lump that was struck on his throat and nodded nervously.

"Good for you. Moreover I need that by 3pm today. You have three-four hours so do it. Else tomorrow no need to come to the office" I slammed the file on the desk as it rolled to his side and he took a hold of it with his hands shivering in fear and without uttering a word, left the place.

After his departure, I also packed my stuffs and informed my P.A about my decision to work from home and was about to leave the room when I saw Myra entering the cabin, storming in anger.

"What the hell is this Neil???" she shouted as a surprised look was visible on her face.

"Neil come on. I am asking you something. Answer me" she looked furious, grabbing my forearm tightly.

Immediately I shrugged off her hand from my forearm and shot a glare and taking a step back I spoke up.

"It's  Sir for you Miss. Mehra. I am not your buddy here"

"But Neil....I mean Sir you took my name down from the Goenka's project and gave me the responsibility for what....what project..." she tried to remember as I completed it for her.

"It's 'The Shergills' Miss Mehra"

"But why??? Aren't we both suppose to work on that together??? I even started preparing the report. Come on Neil you can't do this. Since I joined the company for the last six months, I am working with you"

"That doesn't mean I can't change my team Miss Mehra. And why do you think I can't Miss Mehra?? Listen here Myra, you are my employee, if you except any special service then forget it. Because I treat my employees equally, be it he or she. Also I am not bound to answer you about my decisions. So if you want to work in the new project do so, else your resignation letter will be gladly accepted by me or I will be terminating you" I replied crossing my hands across my chest as I saw her fuming in anger.

"That's so not done. You---" before she could complete her sentence, I received a call from Anu bhabi as I went to  attend the call walking towards the balcony, far from where she was standing.

Giving a reply to her and letting her know that I would surely not let Tiasha land in any problem, I disconnected the call and was about to leave the room when I saw Myra still standing there, with a smirk on her face.

"Wife right Sir???"she gave a laugh as my anger was boiling.

"Weren't you the same one who didn't believe in marriages??? Who didn't believe in Love??? Well I heard you got married but you know I never knew your wife is such a manipulator. All of the decisions are because of her cunning mind right?? Or---"

"Enough Myra. Enough. Don't dare to interfere into my personal life. My wife or my family is something which is my personal matter, don't mix it with the professional life. Also don't think that I respect women means I won't take any action regarding them if they stand wrong. Immediately leave my room cause you won't like it if I do the honours. So leave my room. LEAVE MY ROOM RIGHT NOW" my voice was quite loud and filled with anger as she flinched a bit for a moment and then stomping her foot on the ground, left the room.

With my blood boiling in anger and disgust, I started taking deep breaths and took off my blazer and opening the first two buttons of my shirt, I rolled my sleeves and gulped down the glass full of water in a go.

Then hanging the blazer on my hand I took my laptop bag and left my cabin and walked straightaway to the parking area while I saw the entire office staff looking at me, some were numb, some were nervous while other were busy in gossiping about something.

Without wasting a second, I got into the car and  threw my blazer on the back seat and the laptop bag along with it and started driving towards Tiasha's college.

While driving I was lost in my thoughts as my mind was still stuck with all the incidents that happened since morning, especially the one in the office which took place few minutes back.

"How dare is she to drag Tiasha into it and tell that my wife was behind all these??? How did she even tell Tiasha a manipulator, how dare she tell her cunning?? How dare she???" I kept on mumbling, gritting my teeth and  soon reached the college.

Upon entering the campus, as I walked towards the Dean's office, I could see people looking at me with a shock and much surprised look.

Paying no heed, I quickly approached his cabin and after having a word with him, I was asked to guide towards the canteen as I followed one of their staff.

Though they said that at this hour they won't allow any outsider to enter the campus for some reasons but as our company was one of their trustees and Tiasha being my wife, it was a special case.

As soon as I stood infront of the canteen, I could see people laughing, talking and giggling among themselves while my eyes tried to find Tiasha.

Slowing taking small steps I walked into the place, maintaining the decoram as I saw the students gawking at me as if they has seen a ghost.

Scanning the place only to find Tiasha, my eyes finally landed on a table at the corner where I saw her, sitting with her friends, beside Mr. Rudra Chopra.

Wasn't there any other seat???

Though her back was facing me still I could recognise her as I saw her nothing  less than Rupanzel hair which was tied with just a small rubber band at the top, falling freely from the back, reaching down below her waist.

What the hell stop staring at her Neil

You didn't come here to have a lovey-dovey talk with your wife

While my mind warned to look away, somewhere I don't know why I kept looking at her as I saw her turning her face a little and a smiled formed her lips as she was busy in a sweet talk with her best friend.

None other than Rudy

Anyways who cares huh!!!

Shrugging off the thoughts, I walked towards their table when I saw her who was about to grab a hold of her coffee mug and after thinking for sometime, placed my hand on her shoulder to call her.

As soon as I placed a hand on her shoulder, I felt her body stiffened at my touch and her breaths suddenly increased and it felt like she was trying to calm her down.

"Tia---" I said and before I could even complete my sentence, I saw her grabbing the cup, almost crushing it with her palms and the next moment I was fully drenched in that coffee as she splashed it on me with much force.

"You again came back. Why can't you understand----" her voice gradually decreased it's pitch as I looked away, closing my eyes with my jaws left open a bit while my mind was trying to register what had just happened.

She just threw an entire mug of coffee on me

Drops of coffee rolled down from the face like the beads of sweat and passed through my side face and finally disappeared into my shirt.

I never in my life tolerated such nonsense act, whatever the reason be but today I don't know why words refused to come out of my mouth.

Gently rubbing off my face with my palm, I slowly opened my eyes and looked in front only to find her friends looking at me with a shock and gasping in fear while Tiasha stood their with an expressionless face.

There was a pin drop silence in the entire room as now the air of the A.C also brought a shiver in me as I was almost fully drenched by now.

Neither of us uttered a single word and stood there in a still while I kept looking at Tiasha who also looked at me, though her eyes showed an different emotion.

A some kind of tension or frustration

Soon the silence was broken as unknowingly the mug slipped off her grip and fell on the ground, breaking into pieces.

Hearing that, all our trance was broken as I heard them already started with their hush hush talks while Tiasha looked away and before I could say anything, she took her bag and was about to leave the place but stopped in her tracks for a moment.

"I am sorry" she uttered looking at the ground and ran out of the place.

What happened to her suddenly???
All beacuse of the morning incident?? Were my words so harsh and is she really hurt??

"Mr. Khurrana, actually---" Priya was about to speak something when I saw Sneha shushed her, holding her wrist, shooking her head.

"Mr. Khurrana, we are extremely sorry from her side. Actually it all happened as an accident. Nothing serious" Sneha replied with a smile.

Nothing serious???
So like that she throws coffee on anyone??
Strange person

I somewhat understood that something was not right as her words echoed in my mind and wanted to ask her while one part of me reminded me about the rules while other part wanted to know that whether it was only because I called our marriage a forced marriage infront of everyone made her feel so hurt.

At that moment, I didn't want to create any further drama as by now I knew almost the entire college new about the incident so I gave a tight lipped smile to them and spoke.

"Actually your friend has left and forgot this assignment and this laboratory coat at home. Yesterday she was telling about this that you all need it today so I just want to give it to her so I came here"

"Ohh" Rudra said with an awkward smile and continued, "You please wait, I am calling her"

"No it's ok. You all have your classes. You all give it to her. It doesn't matter who gave it to her what matters is that she shouldn't face any problem. Moreover I am getting late" I replied in a go and handed over the stuffs to Sneha who took it with an awkward smile.

"I should take a leave now" I said and immediately left the place not before looking at those three faces which definitely wanted to say something and was hiding something from me.
.......

It was evening and time since I returned back home. When  I returned back home from her college, I should thank the Almighty enough for not letting me face anyone as I knew if I had met anyone of them then I would be interrogated as if I am a criminal sitting in a bureau and they all are CBI or CID officers.

Working upon a project, I was sitting on my bed, resting the head on the headboard and was busy in a call when I heard a knock at the door and giving a reply I again got back to the call when I saw Tiasha entering the room.

"Yes yes Mr. Sharma. By the way, if no problem, may I call you later actually it's an urgency now"

"Yes sure Mr. Khurrana"

"Thank you" I said and disconnected the call.

Keeping the phone aside, I looked at her who walked towards the washroom with her clothes while I was lost in my thoughts to ask her about the matter or not.

"I am sorry for whatever happened in the entire room that time" her voice was barely audible though I understood as she walked away.

I also closed my laptop and left the bed and walked towards the balcony when she also turned around and was about to bump into my chest when I stopped in my tracks.

"Sorry I didn't see" she apologized again and now I was feeling irritated.

Why the hell is she apologising to me??
Though I never said sorry to anyone but am I not the one who was wrong??

Giving a smile she walked passed me when I called her name.

"Tiasha"

"Yes??"

"Ummm.... actually.....I mean you are ok?? Actually in the college you were saying something"

"Yeah I am great. Also yeah thanks. You came to my college to give those otherwise I would have landed into trouble"

"It's ok. Tiasha in the morning actually----"

"Neil please. I didn't mind anything. Whatever happened it happened" she replied nonchalantly and was about to leave the place when this time I held her wrist and stopped her.

"Tia---" my voice died in my mouth as I saw her shutting her eyes and bit her lower lip.

I immediately left her grip and kept looking at her, waiting for her to speak when she hissed in pain and a lone tear escaped her eyes.

Is she hurt?? Might have fallen somewhere?? Did she get a severe injury??

"Tiasha are you ok?? Please tell me what happened??" I asked in a concern tone

"Nothing" she replied immediately.

"Tiasha you know I am not a fool here so tell me what happened??"

"Really Neil??? Weren't you the one who said that we both shouldn't interfere in each other's matter. Forgot the rules??"she shot back with a glare.

"Tiasha, Mr. Neil Khurrana doesn't forget anything. I very well remember what I said. But you know what for this one year you are my responsibility. If something happens to you, my family and everyone will be blaming me only" I said in a go as she looked at me glaring.

Shit!!! Damn wrong choice of words

"Responsibility?? Right. After all we aren't normal husband-wife. But you know, Tiasha never did and never will need anyone's help. I am not anyone responsibility Neil. I can handle myself. Don't worry Neil, no one will blame you"

"So you won't tell me what happened??"

"And may I know how does that matter to you. I don't think you should worry about me. Afterall, it's a FORCED MARRIAGE" she said in a stern voice walked passed by me and this time I was boiling in anger, not because of what she said but for not telling me the entire matter.

I am sure something is there which she is hiding as her words still was in my mind

I quickly followed her and  pulled her by her wrist yet again but this time my grip on her other hand was tight enough and due to the sudden pull, she turned around and bumped into my chest. 

"What the----" her voice died inside her mouth as she looked at me glaring while I encircled my other hand around her waist saving her from loosing her balance and looked directly straight into her eyes.

Her eyes which was shooting daggers at me gradually turned into a painful look and I could see her trying hard to control her tears.

There was a brief moment of silence in the entire room as we shared an eyelock and in her eyes it was quite visible that something was there which was definitely bothering her and definitely it was not only about what happened in the morning.

"Tiasha don't make me loose my temper. You better say what's bothering you or shall I find it out in my own ways??"

"And I won't tell you anything related to me because it doesn't matter to you. Get that??" she warned as her small nose turned red like a tomato while I bit the inside of my mouth to try not to laugh at her actions.

She is indeed cute
Oh Neil just shut up! What's wrong with you??? This is serious matter not a joke

"Leave me you Mr  Grumpy. Leave, leave, leave" she wriggled in my arms and continued, "Such a bipolar person I have never seen in my life. In the morning, infront of everyone told that it's a forced marriage, made your siblings cry and now standing here to know about my health"

"Grumpy and bipolar who???" I asked raising an eyebrow as she looked at me glaring.

"You. You Mr. Neil Khurrana"

"Well fine whatever I am, I am yours..... I mean for a year we are bound by marriage" I completed the sentence as she looked at me with a surprised look and I realised what I was just saying.

"Anyways,I think you still don't know me Tiasha. Definitely your problem is your problem and I am not anybody to interfere into your life. I am not a controlling husband" I slowly left my grip from her wrist and withdrew my hand which encircled her waist and walked towards the drawer to bring the medical kit.

"But yeah definitely I will also have to keep a check on what you are doing and everything related to your life because everytime you also can't be right and there is no guarantee that you won't land up into any problem. So that much concern for your safety is allowed to me right??" I asked passing her the medicine box as she looked at me like she has seen a ghost.

"Neil I think you need the treatment more than me" she replied coolly as I rolled my eyes.

"It's not funny Tiasha and definitely I am not in a mood to joke" I replied back immediately.

"Even I am not joking. I am quite serious. I will talk to bhaiyya's doctor once and ask for an appointment for you"

The one who is behaving weirdly talking about my treatment

Anyways cool down Neil, cool down

"Anyways, thank you very much for your concern for me" she replied, taking the medical kit from my hand.

At that moment, I knew that if I speak anything further, it won't result into something good as we both might, no, will surely get into another heated argument so preferred to keep quiet.

Moreover I was planning something and was thinking how to know what exactly was bothering her when my eyes finally fell on her wrist of her right hand and the red marks with a very small scratch like cut, made my eyes go wide in shock.

My blood was boiling in anger and before I could again ask her about the incident, she put some medication on it and immediately left the room, attending her friend's call, closing the door behind her.

Definitely something is wrong in that college and I need to find it out. But how?? She doesn't trust me and moreover it's right that if I force her to speak up, it's not comfortable with her and I don't want that. I can't make her feel uncomfortable after all. But something is definitely wrong. And I am sure about it.

Lost in my thoughts, I was trying to find out a solution to know about the matter and I knew that maybe somewhere I was behaving rudely or trying to control her life which definitely no one would love  but whatever was that, I didn't care because above all which mattered to me was Tiasha's safety and I knew that her college campus was definitely anything for her but safe.

At that moment, I could only see one way was there for me and thus without wasting a second, I immediately dialled a number.

"Hello---" a voice was heard as the person picked up the call.

........

Here's the next chapter of the story.
Hope you all liked it ☺

Shree❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 2.3K 64
๐“—๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ; ๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ธ๐”€ ---โ€ข-- -- --- --- -โ€ข โ–กโ–  Zeeshant Mehra, the owner and CEO of India's one and only money-making company. Col...
546K 26.3K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
2.8M 168K 76
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
3.7M 131K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...