Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 39

3K 132 41
By booklover_0234

Today my forest is dark. The trees are sad and all of the butterflies have broken wings.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
Phil answers the phone wearily. "Hello." He must be as nervous as I am right now. I have no clue what he told Owen but I don't want them to come back from helping people because of an accident.

"What happened?" Owen asks and his tone is calm, but his words are fast.

"First of all I would like for Sang to say hello so that you all know she is safe and sound." Phil grumbles like it is a joke, but I wouldn't say it is far from the truth.

All of the Toma team chuckle a little but nod their heads in agreement.

"Hi!" I say from across the room cautiousally.

"Princess."
"Hi Sang baby!"
"Agelle mou, how are you?"
"My peanut!"
"Hey sweetie."

"Cupcake!" Luke yells loudly into the phone. Right after there is a vague thud. "Ow North, don't hit me." There is a small grunt but no verbal response from North.

I smile and giggle slightly at that.

"Hi Trouble. You better be taking care of your hair. I fucking miss you and as soon as I get back were cuddling. I'm sick of these fuckers." Gabriel demands and I blush slightly at the cuddling part. I feel like my cheeks are just constantly red.

"Pookie! Do you see what I have to deal with?" Sean cries dramatically. Phil sighs and shakes his head, but he has a small smile creeping onto his face.

"I hate to interrupt the reunion, but we have things to do. May I please know what happened?" Owen says impatiently and I begin to feel bad. They are probably really busy and I am interrupting them with nonsense.

I begin to step forward and say that, but Axel catches my eye. He shakes his head slightly. How did he know what I was thinking? I step back and take my place against the counter once again.

Axel has an odd expression as he steps towards the phone. "We had stopped by your house to drop off some paperwork. When we came in we saw Sang. Long story short we were messing around and didn't know she was hurt. Raven want to playfully throw her over his shoulder, and she blacked out from pain." Axel explains and for a second there is dead silence before a range of outburst.

"Why the hell were you throwing her over your shoulder crow?" North full out barks into the phone.

"Fucking hell. Trouble really does find you everywhere you go, doesn't it?" Gabe muses almost to himself.

"Sweetie are you okay?" Kota asks and the concern seeping out of his voice makes my heart feel funny.

"How is she from a doctors standpoint?" Sean asks but I hear worry in his tone as well. I am sure the others would have been yelling something, but Phil cuts them off.

"Sang is okay. She ripped her stitches and I re did them. The Toma team has been here taking care of her, although she is reluctant to accept." Phil sends me a look and if he didn't smile I would think he were genuinely upset.

"Pookie needs plenty of rest. No lifting heavy things. Axel can you all stay for another night? We should be back tonight, but just in case we aren't. Even if we do get back you all can stay the night or a few more if you need." Sean asks without even asking me. I would be mad if it weren't what I secretely wanted, but they have their own lives to get back to.

I expect for something similar to that to be Axel's response, but once again I am shocked. "Of course. Do you mind if we borrow clothes?"

My mouth drops open. Uncle looks at me and his body begins shaking in quiet laughter. He smiles up at me while I am just confused. "That is fine. There are clothes of different sizes in the closet by Owens room. Help yourselves."

"I can take care of myself. I don't need them here. They have lives to get back too." I argue but there are already people coming to defend the idea.

"Agelle you need sleep and I would feel better if they were there." Silas attempts to reason.

"Princess we are all already worried. We know you can take care of yourself but you shouldn't have too." Victor points out and I can't help but agree with him on that.

"Really though if they have things to do I don't want to keep them from that." I explain slightly. Brandon begins trying to speak but Owen cuts him off immediately.

"Ms. Sorenson please stop being difficult. I understand your pride is important, but we have important things to do. We do not have time to argue about such silly things." Owen chastises but it isn't playful like Phil did earlier.  He is serious.

On the line I can hear hushed whispers asking what his issue is but I don't pay attention to that. I pay attention to the five boys staring at me with confused looks. I focus on Phil and Uncle staring at me with anger and sympathy in their eyes. I focus on the pain that shoots through my heart, but it isn't physical. I especially focus on calming my burning red face down.  This time it isn't red from stupid jokes or compliment from the guys. It is because I am humiliated.

My pride? I wasn't saying no because of my pride. It might be hard for me to ask for help but that is because I have never had it. This time I wanted the Toma team to know that they could leave. I was assuring them I would be fine.

I swallow back the nerves in my throat and answer Owen. "Of course. That isn't what I was meaning to do I ju-" I attempt to explain but Owen cuts me off once again.

"Im glad we are on the same page. Goodbye." He hangs up before I can say bye to the others. Uncomfortable and confused silence floats out into the kitchen.

"Is he still mad at you?" Uncle asks.

I meet his eyes as I nod. "Yeah. I guess I didn't realize how upset he was." I sigh slightly and curse myself when I can still feel the red on my cheeks.

"Why does he sound like he has a log coming out of his ass?" Raven questions and I smile up at him while Corey shakes his head.

"It's 'stick up his ass"' Corey explains but Raven ignores him.

"Sounds like more than a stick to me." Raven grumbles and chuckles go around the room and I am slightly relieved to have the attention off of me. That doesn't last long though because soon everyone is looking at me, expecting an answer.

"Well after I had originally gotten...hurt, I was sitting there and laughed at something stupid and Owen got mad because he thought I wasn't taking things serious. I can see how he thought that. I guess he is still mad." I explain and try not to show the emotions on my face. If i'm being honest it did hurt that he is still mad and just hung up on me.

"That's fucking stupid." Brandon exhales sharply and I simply shrug my shoulders. What am I supposed to say?

"He needs to get over himself. He will eventually Sang. This is just how Owen is." Uncle tries to explain but I still feel uneasy about the whole thing. Will he do this often? I don't really know if I could handle that.

I nod but I think Uncle and everybody else can tell that I am not convinces because they all send me sympathetic looks.

"Sean was right you know?"Phil states while staring at me.

"About what?" I ask with slight confusion.

"You need more sleep. I don't want you stressed over anything either. You also shouldn't be lifting heavy things. The only thing you should be doing is relaxing." Phil says and I come so close to letting out the laugh that bubbles up in my body. There is no way I can do all that. I have kids to take care of, one that can barely walk by herself. That will never work.

I nod even though I know it is a lie. It will get them off my back hopefully. I turn around and try to pick Lily up out of her high chair, but I am carefully pushed out of the way before I can get my hands on her. I simply stare as Brandon holds me in place and Marc carefully pick Lily up. "I'm not incapable. I have taken care of them when I have been in worse condition. This is nothing!" I try to persuade because I don't like feeling as if I am doing nothing to help.

Apparently that wasn't the right thing to say because all eyes turn to me and I swear I can hear a few growls. Mainly from Raven. "How worse has it been?" Brandon whispers as if it is a secret.

"I turn to face him and look around at everybody. "That isn't my point. The real point is I can do these things." I try to explain but nobody looks convinced.

"It is obvious you can do all of this. I would never doubt that you could. However, you aren't alone. Not anymore. You don't have to do all of it alone." Axel states but it isn't in his leader voice. His voice right now is softer. I stare at Lily and I have to force myself to nod. Brandon chuckles from behind me but I am not sure he realizes how big of a deal this is for me.

I watch as Marc bounces Lily and she giggles while gripping his shirt. That does bring a smile out of me. "There is that smile." Corey teases slightly and I wrinkle my nose at him which only causes him to laugh.

"What do you say we watch a movie? Camerons pick." Axel suggests and my heart warms slightly. All of these guys take the kids into consideration and don't just push them off. I really like it.

"That is a good idea. Uncle and I have to get to work however this will be a good RELAXING activity." Phil emphasizes the word activity and I sigh but nod at him. I know how to relax, I just don't get to often.

"I will grab Cameron!" Raven declares.

"Go sit down and we will be in there in a minute." Brandon suggests and I do it without any complaints. That couch is incredibly comfortable for no reason at all. My body is also aching slightly.

Once I make it in the living room, I go sit in the corner of the couch. I pull my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around them. It doesn't feel great but I can't exactly sprawl out everywhere.

Cameron comes running in the room and sits down on the floor, by the coffee table. He picks up the remote and begins searching through the movies. The next person that enters the room is Marc. He is still holding Lily but she looks like she is about ready to fall asleep. Marc makes his way to one of the reclining chairs, then looks straight at me. He starts chuckling and I begin to ask what is funny, but Corey and Raven walk in the room. They sit on the mini sofa and Raven pulls Corey into his chest. They grab a blanket and cover themselves up then look towards me.

A grin graces both of their faces and I cock my head to the side in confusion. "Good luck getting them to let you sit like that." Corey laughs quietly and Raven nods in agreement.

"Im sitting normal. What do you mean?'' I ask and the confusion is clear in my voice. Raven smirks at me.

"Little bird you are clueless and it is so cute. Just know you won't win when it comes to Brandon and Axel. They are the most stubborn." Raven warns but it doesn't clear up any of the confusion.

I just sigh and lean back against the couch while Cameron looks through the movie options. After a few minutes Cameron picks a movie and Brandon and Axel enter the room. I expect them to just sit in the two other spots on the couch/ My eyes are on the opening scenes that are being played on the TV. I startle when two hands begin to unwrap my hands from my knees.

I look up and see Axel staring right at me. "What are you doing?" I whisper so that I don't disturb anyone else.

"You are the most stubborn person I have ever met. Soon you will be doing this all on your own though." He mumbles under his breath and I am not sure if I was supposed to hear it or not.

Axel successfully unwraps my hands from my knees while I stare up at him. He lets go of my hands and I begin to wrap them around myself again, but he catches them. Axel slides a hand underneath my knees and gently lifts me off the couch. I squeak in shock but he doesn't even seem to notice. My head darts around to see if the others are watching this happen and they are. I make eye contact with all three men in the room and every single one of them smirk at me.

They knew this was going to happen!

Im not in the air for long but when I am sat down, it is on the other side of the couch. Right in Brandons lap. I instantly try to move but Brandon wraps his arms around me and brings me back to gently lean against his chest. My back doesn't agree with this and I wince slightly and Axel narrows his eyes on me but I shake my head.

Axel sits on the other side of the couch and I bring my knees back into the same position as before. He looks over at me and once he sees what I have done, his eyes light up with an odd emotion. Challenge. We stare at each other until Brandon breaks our staring contest. Brandon unwraps my hands and Axel wastes no time grabbing my legs. He very gently pulls my legs toward him and I know where this is going. I have sat like this with the other guys more times than I can count now.

My feet end up in his lap and at first he doesn't do anything, so I relax. I lean back into Brandon and he squeezes his arms tighter around me. I like being wrapped up in these guys. It makes me feel like I am safe and no one can get to me.

For at least twenty minutes we watch the movie. Cameron picked a cars movie and I can't say I am upset. Lily has fallen asleep in Marcs arms and Raven and Corey have cuddles together. I think it is cute how different they are, but how good they look together. Cameron is completely entranced on the movie. I am not sure a blow horn could take his attention from the screen.

I am incredibly comfortable leaning against Brandon's chest. I can feel the hard outline of abs against my back. Then a thought comes to my mind and it has me nervous. I look up at him and find him already staring down at me. Our faces are inches apart. "Am I too heavy for you?" I ask quietly but it must have been loud enough for Axel to hear because he lets out a sound that sounds like displeasured groan.

No one is paying attention to us and my body involuntarily shivers. Axel instantly grabs a blanket and I am covered up. Brandon leans down to where his mouth is right by my ear. "Gabe was right. You really are trouble hm?" He whispers and I laugh quietly.

"Im not trouble. I am quite the opposite." I defend playfully but his eyes narrow down on me.

"I would say talking bad about yourself and not relaxing is trouble." Brandon whispers quietly and I flush slightly. I wasn't talking bad about myself, was I? As if Brandon can see the question floating through my mind he smiles at me softly.

"You aren't too heavy and you never will be. It would be good for you to gain weight actually. If there is a point that one of us can't carry you around all day then we need to go workout because that just means were weak." He explains and I nod even though I don't really know what to think. "No more talking bad about yourself. Now you need to relax." Brandon commands and my eyebrows furrow together.

"I am relaxed." To prove my point I let out a contented sigh. He laughs but doesn't look convinced.

"Just you wait. We might have called Sean and asked what we should do to help you relax. Sean said your muscles were sore and they need to be worked out. Also said sleep is a priority." Brandon explains and before I can reply I feel a set of hands on my ankles.

I look down and see Axel with a look of concentration on his face. He gently begins rubbing up and down my legs and I have to resist letting out a moan at how good it feels. My muscles have been aching and this feels like complete heaven to me. I melt into Brandon more and close my eyes. I can feel his body as it shakes with laughter. The next thing I know there are hand traveling up and down my arms. They begun to knead my muscles gently. I don't even comprehend the sounds I make because these mens hands on my body are magic.

The hands on my shoulders travel up to my neck and hair. The knots get worked out slowly and I can feel myself drifting off into sleep faster than I ever have. Axels hands slide down to my feet and I become a putty in their hands. Brandons hands slide into my hair and he gently begins playing with it. The last time someone played with my hair was when Gabe did it. Before that it has easily been 8 years plus. In no time my eyes are permanently glued shut and there is nothing I can do as sleep overtakes my body and I drift off into a comforting world of darkness.

—————————-
The shower water is pounding down onto me. My hands and feet are tied down to the stool and there is no way I can move them. My mother is sitting outside the shower watching her daughter slowly die. I can feel the blood dripping down my back and I slowly lose my ability to comprehend what is happening around me. I try to pull on the restraints but it is useless. My mother stands up from the chair she was perched on and makes her way to me slowly. "Sang!" I cower back as much as I can and a satisfied sneer crosses her face. She is enjoying this. "Sang!"My mother picks up a knife and begins walking towards me. She lines the knife up with my heart and brings her arm back, then surges it forward and I feel the knife ripping it's way through my skin and mercilessly plunging into my heart. "Wake up Sang!"

I shoot up in bed and I can't breathe. Bile rises in my throat and I don't even realize I am running to the toilet until I have thrown myself over it and begun heaving. I vaguely recognize the feel of someone holding my hair back. I can feel a cold cloth being put on my neck and slowly I lean back from the toilet. Another cloth is placed by my mouth and I lift my hand to grab it, but my hand is pushed out of the way by another one. I give up because right now I am confused.

The person wipes my mouth and then I feel a toothbrush place in front of my face. I begin brushing my teeth and spit when a cup is placed in front of me. My mind is so foggy and I can't concentrate on anything. I feel no pain in my body, just numb. A cup of water is placed in front of me and I swish the water around in my mouth then spit it back out. This whole time comforting hands have surrounded me and held me.

I lean back against the cool tile and it feels like heaven on my skin. Someone sits down in front of me and I can finally start focusing. A blurry face enters my vision but I know who it is. Corey.

He reaches out and pulls me into his lap gently. I am straddling him and tucked safely into his body. Corey runs his fingers through my hair and my breathing begins to calm down, but it doesn't go back to normal by a long shot. "Im sorry." I croak out and Corey tenses. Why did this have to happen? It is so embarrassing.

"Why are you sorry Sang?" He asks and I have to hold back a scoff.

"I probably woke you up, then I threw up and you had to take care of me like I am a damn child." I huff and my heart lurches. Maybe Owen was right.

Fingers grip my chin and I stare straight into Corey's eyes. "You aren't a child and stop saying bad things about yourself. I don't like it and it is never okay. You wouldn't let Cameron or Lily do that." Ouch. He's right. "I have no issues taking care of you and you didn't wake me up. I was scared Sang. What was that?" He asks and I sigh softly.

"Just a bad dream." I explain vaguely because how am I supposed to say I have nightmares about things that have happened in my past?

"It seemed like more than a bad dream." Corey whispers softly. "It seemed like a nightmare. What was it about?" He asks and the tone of his voice is so sweet that I melt right under him. How could I say no to him?

"It's kind of hard to explain." I start off and Corey wraps his arms around me even tighter than before. I get the same feeling of security that I have every single time I am around the guys. "I had a dream about a punishment that I got but I didn't make it out alive. It was terrifying." I try to explain in a way that doesn't make it seem dramatic.

"Well your safe now and nothing is going to get you. None of us would let that happen." Corey smiles at me but I can still see the worry deep in his eyes. He picks me up and I would protest but I am absolutely exhausted, so I let him do what he wants to do. "We need to get you food." He says as he sets me on the bed and carefully brushes back my hair. He twists my hair and makes it stay with a hair clip.

Corey makes a motion for me to stand and I do. "Are you okay with going out there or do you need time?" He asks and I shake my head. It's then that I look around and notice we are in my room. Corey must sense the questions brewing in my mind because he answers them all. "You fell asleep and so did Lily. You have been asleep for about four hours and Lily is still sleeping. Cameron is in the kitchen and demanded that you sing to him tonight. We are making dinner right now and Raven came in to tell me to wake you up. He didn't see anything but I had slept in the same bed as you. I hope that was okay and I'm sorry if it's not. I probably should have asked." Corey sighs as his face heats up, similar to the way mine does.

"It is fine. I don't mind at all. Thank you. I appreciate it a lot." I mumble as he pulls me into his chest. Corey holds me for a few minutes while gently rubbing his fingers through my hair. Eventually he nods and then we begin making our way to the kitchen and the pain slowly begins to seep back into my body.

We step into the kitchen and the first person that notices me is Cameron. He hops off of the stool he was standing on and runs straight over to me. Cameron grabs my hand and pulls me towards the oven. It is then that everybody else notices we have entered the room. I open the oven door and the smell of Greek food hits me instantly.

I look in the oven and my mouth begins watering as my heart beats faster in my chest. Moussaka. This has always been my favorite dish but it has been forever since I have been able to make it. Cheap dinners have always been my go to.

"It is your favorite sissy!" Cameron says and all I can do is nod. I turn around and all five guys are standing there staring at me nervously. The smile that comes across my face is so big it feels unnatural but I can't help it.

"Thank you so much!" I laugh and everybody relaxes.

"Cameron said it was your favorite and you all haven't had it in a while." Marc explains and I nod in agreeance.

"It has probably been at least a few years. Whenever we lived in Greece this was the most popular dish. It's always been my favorite." I explain and the guys eyes light up with interest. It is weird having people be interested in me. It isn't something I have ever really felt before.

"We need to make Russian food. Best kind." Raven grumbles.

"I know how to make some Russian dishes. I never lived there but when I was learning to speak Russian I learned some of the meals." I offer and Ravens eyes light up.

"You do like fruit cups, yes?" He asks and I nod even though I am confused. All of the other guys sigh in annoyance and I don't get why.

"I will order all of them for you little bird. No getting away." He claims and if I weren't exhausted, I would be questioning everything right now.

The guys set the table and Cameron helps. I try to but I am pushed into a chair and told to sit or they would hold me down. I am not taking that chance.

We all eat and they made the dish perfectly. It tastes exactly like how it used to and right now I am really, really happy.

After dinner we clean up and I get both kids ready for bed. We have school tomorrow and it is going to be awful having to move around all day. "Let me go put Lily down then I will come and tuck you in okay?" I ask Cameron and he nods, then runs off and I can hear the exact moment that he jumps on the bed. I make my way to Lily's room and she is practically passed out already. I only have to rock her for a few minutes and she is dead asleep.

I make my way to Camerons room and each step hurts. I'm glad they made me relax today because without it, I would have been in much more pain.

When I walk into Cameron's room he is  tucked in and waiting for me. I go and lay down on the bed and he cuddles into me. I slowly start to sing and he drifts off as I do.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I bowed my head and I cried
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you and make you happy,
If you will only say the same.
But if you leave me and love another,
You'll regret it all some day
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me to love another
You have shattered all of my dreams
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Once I am sure he is completely asleep I slowly slip out of his bed and make my way to the kitchen where all five guys are. Axel begins to say something but is interrupted by the sound of a door unlocking. Instantly I make my way out to the living room and the guys follow suit. The first person I see walking through the doorway is Nathan.

He walks in and as soon as he sees me his eyes light up and a smile graces his face. Nathan walks over to me and gently wraps his arms around me. He doesn't say anything but I am happy he is back and I can tell that he is too. "Oy fucker get out of the way!" I hear Gabriel shout and I am worried it will wake the kids up and apparently North is too because he smacks Gabe on the back of the head.

Gabe takes me from Nathan and I am once again wrapped up in a pair of arms. It goes like this with each person. I get passed around and told how happy they are that they are back. The last person I see is Owen and I don't expect him to hug me, but he just saunters right past me like I'm not even there.

Sean, whose arms I am currently in, wraps me tighter and sighs. He doesn't say anything but I know what he is telling me. This is just Owen. "I'm thirsty. And hungry. I also want to know what happened to you." Luke says while wagging a finger in my direction and I can't help but laugh at that.

"I'll make food. Healthy food. I'm sick of all that crap on the road." North grunts and makes his way to the kitchen but not before kissing my forehead and smiling down at me softly.

"I never thought I would see the day that South went soft." Raven taunts and I swear North is going to do something stupid, but he doesn't. North simply shrugs his shoulders.

"You have spent enough time with her. She could make anyone go soft. Even you crow. Don't deny it." North states in a confident tone and I can feel the red bursting through my cheeks. Kota and Victor chuckle at me which does not help.

"Hmm he is right little bird. I never thought I would say that." Raven says but the look on his face is one of complete content.

Everybody exits the room and heads towards the kitchen. Silas and I are the last ones. Before I can follow Silas grabs my hand and gently pulls me towards him. His eyes are bright and are staring straight at me. "You look gorgeous agelle mou. There is nobody in the world that could look or act better than you. So fucking perfect." Silas praises and my body relaxes into him and pushes against his muscles. Silas wastes no time and dips his head and captures my lips. It isn't a long kiss but it says enough. He missed me and god I missed him too. I missed all of them and there is no way I couldn't. They are all perfect.

I follow Silas into the kitchen and see all of the guys relaxing. Kota, Victor, Nathan, and Corey are all quietly talking at the table. North, Luke and Marc are cooking. Brandon, Gabe, and Raven are all standing and chatting in the middle of the kitchen. Sean, Owen and Axel are doing the same thing, but in a corner. I look around and this all just feels right.

Silas goes and joins Brandon's group while I stay at the entrance of the kitchen.  "Baby are you hungry?" North asks and I see Raven smirk at him but he doesn't say anything.

"No guess what they made for dinner tonight?" I ask and I can feel the smile on my face. By now we have gained everybody's attention.

"Was it healthy?" North asks and I almost roll my eyes at him.

"They made Moussaka!"

Both North and Silas smile at that. They know how much I love it.

"Miss Sorenson I would like to speak to you about what has happened." Owen says and it seems like a question but I know it is a command.

"Of course. Also there is this." I walk over and hand him my phone which has the recording of what happened with McCoy. I forgot to give it to him because of how crazy everything had been.

"What is this?" Owen asks and I swallow nervously. The whole room has gone quiet and I know what that means. It is time for business.

"On Thursday when you weren't there Mr.McCoy came to see me." I explain and tensions rise. Owen plays the video and and by the end of it, some people are fuming with anger.

"Why did I not know about this beforehand Miss Sorenson?" Owen demands and his tone is icy. Scary.

"With everything that happened it never crossed my mind until the morning that you left, then it was too late." I try to explain but Owen is having none of it.

"Why did you not get it to me that morning? I know you were up." Owen says and glances are shared around the room. What is happening?

"You left before I could find you. I couldn't get it to you." I say and my voice is anything but strong. I know he was upset with me but come on.

"Stop making excuses Miss Sorenson. I called you childish once and I was right. Even when the Toma team came over you didn't inform them of your injuries. You got hurt because you were too childish to take on the responsibility of advocating for yourself." Owen states but his voice isn't calm anymore. It is angry.

Meanwhile, my heart lurches. Why is he saying these things when he knows it isn't the truth? "I am not childish. I am very responsible and I understand you are aggravated. There might have been something I could do differently, but I can't now." I explain as softly as I can but Owen just doesn't let up.

"Then please tell me if you are so responsible why you never got help with your mother?" Owen demands and my stomach begins turning. Everyone else in the room seems shocked and nobody says anything. All too stunned. Except Sean.

"Owen Blackbourne that is enough. Walk away before you say something you will regret. More than you already have at least. Now!" Sean demands and my heart rate picks up. I have never seen Sean this serious and I don't like it. They are best friends. I don't like them fighting.

Owen turns to Sean and throws his hands up. "Are you kidding me? You met this girl weeks ago. She has taken over our lives. Sang has no clue what is happening. She kept kids in an unsafe environment when she could have gotten help. Sang claims she is responsible but I haven't seen that responsibility show once!" Owen shouts and I am terrified. Every time my mother shouted, I got hit. I don't think Owen would ever do that but my instincts are kicking in.

I hear the door unlock in the living room and we all look towards the entrance of the kitchen. Phil and Uncle come in and Uncle sighs. "Sorry I left my phone by accident earlier." He apologizes but both men look up when nobody answers. They look sound and analyze each and every one of the mens faces before they come to me.

"Wha happened?" Phil demands and I can't find the words to answer him, but Axel does.

"Owen is being an asshole and is saying a lot of things he is going to regret." Axel grunts and I can hear the pain in his voice.

"No I won't. Sang isn't responsible and it was a complete mistake letting her stay here." Owen decides and my heart feels like it will come out of my chest. I look around and everyone is stunned except for Phil and Uncle. They both make eye contact with me and I see something shift in their eyes. Pure unfiltered anger rages through them and I'm not sure who it is aimed towards.

I look towards Owen and manage to force words to tumble out of my mouth.  "I am not irresponsible. Those kids have everything they need. I am not a child. If you want me gone I completely understand but I will not be treated bad!" I try to stand up for myself but Owen laughs at me. A full smile and teeth showing, but his eyes are menacing. The first time I see him laugh and it is at the expense of my heart. By now even Sean is shocked into silence.

"I don't think so Miss Sorenson. Can you even properly take care of those kids? I don't think you can. Hell I should have them taken away from you. You don't deserve them!" He shouts and the world around goes quiet for a split second. Memories of my mother try to invade my mind but I don't let them. This isn't fair. He is wrong. Owen wouldn't do that.

I come back to the world and desperately look around. I look for someone to tell me Owen is wrong, someone to stand up for me, someone to be on my side but none of the 13 guys are. They all just stand there and stare at us, shocked. "Owen Blackbourne leave this room now. You are making a huge mistake and there is no way you are taking these kids from her. She is more than capable." Uncle says and my head starts hurting.

Why isn't anyone else defending me? Not even North or Silas are. Negative thoughts enter my mind before I can force them away. Am I fool? Do they all really not care about me enough to stand up for me? Are two men who just met me a few days ago the only ones who will help me?

"No. This is my house not hers. I do graciously opened my home to her and now she is taking over." Owen rages. That isn't what I meant to do. Then he pulls out his phone and swipes a few times. His attention turns to me and I have to fight not to cower back as he takes slow steps toward me. Once again nobody does anything. Owen shoves his phone in my face and there is a picture of me laying on Brandon and Axel. "I let her into my home and she parades around with other men like a-like a-"

I gasp and he stops what he was going to say but we both know what he was going to say. Whore. Owen Blackbourne was going to call me a whore.

I am about to retaliate. I am about to tell him off but I can't because I hear a sniffle. A sniffle that I know all too well. I turn around and see Cameron standing there. Tears cascading down his face and every protective instinct pushes it's way through my body. I don't think as I move. My brain is on autopilot. I vaguely hear Uncle and Phil calling my name but I can't truly comprehend what they are saying. I swoop down and take Cameron in my arms. He wraps his tiny body around me and squeezes me so tight that I can't breathe. I don't make him stop though. I can feel the sobs rack through his body as I make my way to Lily's room. I don't say anything because I don't know what to say. I'm in a house full of men who either hate me or have shown no interest in defending me. What have I done?

I grab Lily from her crib one handed. I sprint to my room despite my body crying for me not too. I quickly shut my door and lock it. Then I lock every single window in my room and the bathroom connected to it. I set both kids down on the bed and Lily is sleeping but Cameron is crying hysterically. He buries his face in my hair his sobs only slow down after half an hour. He has fallen back alseep.

I slip away from him and grab a chair in the room and place it in front of the door. Then I go to the bathroom and simply stare at myself in the mirror. My hair is knitted form where Cameron was holding onto it. My eyes are red and I realize I am crying. I drop down onto the bathroom floor and allow my body to go limp. I am so exhausted. There is so much going on in my head that I know I won't sleep but I want to. I want all my thoughts to go away but they won't, so I let them invade me.

How could I be so stupid?
What will this do to Cameron?
Will we go back to mother?
I thought they cared.
Why is it impossible for people to care about me?
Am I that broken?

I sit on the bathroom floor and let my mind go crazy. Occasionally I look out to make sure that both kids are still asleep and they always are. Tomorrow I have to make big decisions that I'm probably not ready for.

I thought my life was supposed to be getting good. Victor is wrong, I'm not a princess. Princesses have happy endings and that clearly isn't going to happen for me.
————————————————————
Phil's POV:
Uncle and I watch as the scared girl runs from the room. She doesn't turn around when we call her name but I don't think she is comprehending what is happening right now and I don't blame her. I'm not really comprehending it myself. I stare at each and every man in this room besides Uncle. Disappointment bubbles up in my chest and I don't push it down. They deserve no pity. I point to the door that leads outside and they all go. Even Owen. They all line up like they did when they were little and I look over to Uncle. He is feeling every single thing I am. The boys one by one come back to reality as the cool wind whips across our faces. "All of you listen!" I begin with a shout and everybody stands at attention. I've never shouted at them before. "What happened in there is unacceptable. Walking in there and seeing Owen yelling at Sang and not a single one of you defending her was absolutely disguisting." North begins to speak but I glare at him and that stops him in his tracks completely, and he bows his head looking embarrassed. "You cornered her and attacked her. There were thirteen other men in that room and even as she looked t each and every one of you, not a single one of you helped her. She was putting trust in you and you threw that out a window and watched it get ran over. I have never been more disappointed in any of you than I am now. The kids will not be taken away from her. Sang is the most hardworking and responsible girl I have ever met. She deserves respectful gentlemen and it is clear you all are not that. I won't stop you from groveling but I will tell you this. Tonight all of you except Sean, Owen and the Toma team are going home. Not a single one of you are allowed to text or try to contact Sang tonight. And those of you that will be in this house; you aren't allowed to do much as stop by her door. Give her time and don't force anything on her. In the future when you all are kicking yourselves in the ass, keep this in mind. If at any point Sang tells you to leave her alone, you do it. I can't imagine what is going through her mind considering what just happened. If any of these rules I have set are broke you will face the consequences and they won't be pretty. I thought I raised you better. You are dismissed." I shout. I watch as every single man has his head facing towards the ground and shame covering their faces. It is what they deserve. All of them get in their cars and leave in silence except for the Toma team, Sean, and Owen. The Toma team and Sean walk by me without saying a word and Owen tries to but Uncle grabs him. Owen makes no move to fight him and we wait until the door to the house closes to speak to him.

Uncle raises Owen head and it is so unlike this leader. The strong and confident Owen Blackbourne has shame, guilt, anxiety and so many things mixed across his face. He deserves it. "What you said in there was disgusting and I never thought you would do something like that. I know you care about Sang and you need to figure out a way to fix things. This is your last chance Owen. That girl deserves better than you so fix up your attitude and don't expect her to forgive you. You threatened to take way the people that mean everything to her and that is unforgivable. Go to bed. Think long and hard about what you want because nobody is going to put up with your crap much longer." Uncle advises and Owen gulps but nods. He knows this.

I look up at the house and see the light in Sang's bathroom is on, but the bedroom one is off. After everything this girl has been through she deserved a family to care about and love her. These boys could be that to her but they need to get their act together.
————————————————————
Authors note: I hated writing this chapter. Writing Owen's part was so hard and there were so many times I wanted to erase it and make nothing bad happen. I hope you enjoy this chapter and please know things will be getting better soon.

As always, this chapter isn't edited so I am sure there are plenty of grammar and spelling mistakes.

What are thoughts on the book?

This chapter was 8007 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
329K 16.6K 34
"I can't bear to see you in pain," I whispered to him, why couldn't he understand? "I have to protect you." "But who looks after you?" Mr. Blackbourn...
4.6K 355 17
Sang found a white mask on her bed. The Blackbourne's team gathered around her. When she took the mask, a clock's ticking can be heard. She turned i...
268K 14.5K 34
Sang Sorensen has not had an easy life. In her almost sixteen years on this earth, she has spent more days than not locked away in the dark. Her nigh...