ORV- [Not a character]

By Dally-o

Yoo Jonghyuk finds himself in endless darkness after getting grabbed from behind in the mist. With the help o... More

Ch. 1- 3rd or 4th regression turn?
Ch. 2-Reunion
Ch. 3-Shadow keeper
Ch.4-Welcome prison
Ch.5-Small talk
Ch.6-Theatre dungeon
Ch.7-Prophet
Ch. 8- Dirt-eating Kim Dokja
Ch. 9- Night of Prophets
Ch. 10-Igneel
Ch. 11- Can't stay alive
Ch. 12-The first of many impossible achievements
Ch. 13-A confession of some sort?
Ch. 14-Trust
Ch. 15-Not enough sleep
Ch. 16-The broken throne
CH. 17-Sleeping bags
Ch. 18-Beyond the concept of companions
Ch. 19- The prince and the Queen
Ch. 20-Sometimes things just doesn't want to die
Ch. 21-Options...
Ch. 22-Whenever there is an enemy or not isn't important, trouble always follows
Ch. 23- Is this really not a camping trip?
Ch. 24-Chimera is strong but Lee Jihye is stronger
Ch. 25- Quiet, non-talk-able battle
CH. 26- Fluff, fluff and even more fluff
Ch. 27-The fool and the bastard
Ch. 28-Disaster of Ice
Ch. 29-A new tune of the heart
Ch. 30-Kim Dokja's company assemble ongoing
Ch. 31-The rollercoaster in my heart
Ch. 32-Disaster of Floods-part 1
Ch. 33-Disaster of Flood-part 2
Ch. 34-Alcohol is bad
Ch. 35-What will you say, with that mind of yours?
Ch. 36-Black Chinese Dress and garter belt
Ch. 37-Depression magnet
Ch. 38-Hug and headpat
Ch. 39-Small person Kim Dokja
Ch. 40-Han Sooyoung is back
Ch. 41-Kyrgios Rodgraim makes his appearance
Ch.42-Han Sooyoung knows what up!
Ch. 43-Genders are but an illusion, only I'm true to you
Ch. 44-Yoo Jonghyuk saves Kim Dokja, but Kim Dokja isn't a damsel in distress
Ch. 45- Romance? What is romance?
Ch. 46-Han Sooyoung's wing-woman plan
Ch. 47- ['Demon-like Judge of Fire's' screams have gone beyond ###]
Ch. 48-The only companion I will ever need
Ch. 49-Eternal Nightmare
Ch. 50- 100 trucks
Ch. 51-Ultimate sacrifice
Ch. 52-Gacha gamer Kim Dokja
Ch. 53-[Error.]
Ch. 54- My protagonist
Ch. 55-「 I don't exist. 」
Ch. 56-That one single soul
Ch. 57-When Kim Dokja is gone
Ch. 58-King of Wanderers
Ch. 59-Kim Dokja, you are really bothersome
Ch. 60- Our Nebula
Ch. 61-Seoul's night sky
Ch. 63-I am Yoo Jonghyuk
Ch. 64-Paradise

Ch. 62-Damn protagonist jerk

1.4K 100 49
By Dally-o

"Yoo Jonghyuk, you are really a damn protagonist jerk!"

Han Sooyoung gritted her teeth as she spoke without bothering to get up from the floor of the Dark Castle.

"Don't let the scenarios fool you, you are the real demon here."

"You jerk."

Not far from Han Sooyoung stod Yoo Jonghyuk slightly tilted against the wall. Yoo Jonghyuk didn't even bother lowering his gaze to look at fallen Han Sooyoung, instead, he just pinched the in-between his eyes. 

"You know this isn't enough the reach my bottom line. So, why do you continue?" 

"Bastard, why did you steal my proofs for in the first place? What if Kim Dokja hears of this?"

"Really pushing it, huh?"

Even after everything, why did it come to this? Yoo Jonghyuk clicked his tongue, why did it have to come to this?

After picking up his not-actually-so-helpless sister, he started ransacking the Dark Castle for demon proofs, and for some reason, he still runs into Han Sooyoung along the way. Even when he tried to avoid her.

"Han Sooyoung, why isn't Yoo Sangah with you?"

"She went off to look for a certain bastard."

"Kim Dokja?"

"No, it's you, you idiot." 

Of course, Yoo Jonghyuk already knew the reason why Yoo Sangah would search for him. However, this time, he would not willingly let Yoo Sangah find him. 

"Why did you attack when you already knew that you were destined to lose?" 

"The story isn't set in stone yet, nothing is impossible. Do you think that only because you got your number one lovey-dovey spot together with Kim Dokja that you would be invincible?"

"I understand now."

"You understand what?"

"That you are jealous."

"Again, you bastard!" 

It turns out she was testing out the system rankings. Although it wasn't the best approach to it, seeing how she was almost turned into dust. Then again, when it comes down to strength, she could have almost rivaled my point from before the time jump. If it goes on like this, things might really change. No, it has to change.

Maybe, meeting Han Sooyoung again wasn't the worse. At least it lightened his mood. She has begun to speak from her heart around him. 

"You jerk, why did you stay?"

"..."

...This, is it something he should tell her? No, there shouldn't be any problem. She should even be able to guess why without explanations. 

"I believe Kim Dokja will show up here."

"Thought so. You and your lower body truly know your way around."

"..."

"W-wait a second, it was a joke. A pure joke. Now, put that back."

Yoo Jonghyuk, with a sword in hand, looked at Han Sooyoung with disgust.

"Han Sooyoung."

Yoo Jonghyuk spoke. However, Han Sooyoung couldn't even see his lips moving due to the shadow suddenly covering most of his face up. She slowly nodded while gritting her teeth so she would accidentally put that last straw on the camel's back.

"You really are starting to scrape my bottom line."

...

When Han Sooyoung first caught the trail of the demonic wreckage, there was no doubt in her mind that it was Yoo Jonghyuk's doing. So, with the single goal in mind of trying to steal the protagonist's proofs, she quietly followed behind him on his hunt. Yet, before even having a chance to ambush him, she was already overwhelmed.

However, even after she was obliterated by him, he had the nerve to steal her proofs, putting her all the way back to the beginning. And now, that jerk would neither kill her nor leave her alone. So, in the end, she chooses to lay down on the cold floor to wait things out and at the same time vent out her rage that was hard to keep hidden.

Because he really was that much of a damn protagonist jerk.

About the other reason for cursing him. Since after thinking about it, if Yoo Jongyuk truly killed her, then what would Kim Dokja do? Of course, Kim Dokja wouldn't look away from it. So well, let's just say somewhere in her cursing she attempted to anger him. Yet, when he showed a disgusted expression, she remember that dying to Yoo Jonghyuk was worse, regardless of what Kim Dokja would do. 

-!

Yoo Jonghyuk swiftly redirected his sword towards the entryway of the corridor. Judging the number of footsteps, there should only be five of them. Just basing it on the footsteps, Yoo Jonghyuk could tell that Lee Hyunsung was among them. Thus, there wasn't any problem with him putting away his sword.

"Han Sooyoung-ssi, Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi!" 

Han Sooyoung, in preparation for others, had already gotten off the floor, yet when she saw their faces, she sighed deeply. Yoo Jonghyuk remained quiet till the end. 

The next to speak was from the so-called teammates that Lee Hyunsung had gathered. 

"What the hell is this?"

From the feminine voice to the clothes, there was nothing odd with the party members Lee Hyunsung gathered, yet, the expression on Han Sooyoung's and Yoo Jonghyuk's faces was unrecognizable. 

Han Sooyoung replied. 

"I was hurt fighting the demon servants. However, Lee Hyunsung-ssi also entered the maze?"

"That is correct. Are you alright?"

It was the Genuine Steel Lee Hyunsung... Truly. Just as he tried making his way over, the four new teammates dragged down his arms and screamed. 

"Don't go over there, Lee Hyunsung-ssi, it might be a trap!"

"That's right, now back off!" 

"Wait-!"

Lee Hyunsung looked between the "woman" and Han Sooyoung and Yoo Jonghyuk. He felt very troubled. 

Han Sooyoung made a slightly disappointed expression and told Lee Hyunsung. 

"Has your party changed?"

"...I just split from the party at the beginning of the labyrinth..."

Sure enough, with "woman" pulling his arms, it was difficult to get his point across. For once, Han Sooyoung triggered her skill Detect Attributes trying to catch the name of the people. Yet, as she saw the translucent blue window appearing, a smile couldn't help spreading across her lips. 

"Are trying to build a harem? Or do you call this a reverse harem? How come I didn't realize your unusual taste before?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you know Lee Hyunsung-ssi, that you shouldn't just a book by its cover? Just like how don't judge people based on appearance."

"Han Sooyoung-ssi, what are you trying to say?"

"Wake up already Lee Hyunsung-ssi, because they are all men."

[A constellations who likes to change sex is surprised!]

[The constellation in love with a woman is aghast!]

The "woman" or more like men in their 40s, looked astonished. 

The current group of four, Yoo Jonghyuk remembered the name that they called themselves by.

[Pink Kids]

The small group of men disguised as girls was something he rarely discovered because he was never their target. Yet, for them to target Lee Hyunsung, it was too much of a surprise for him. The odd way Lee Hyunsung is behaving, could it have to do with Kim Dokja?

Han Sooyoung spoke suddenly.

"Kim Dokja might have saved your lives, however, I'm not Kim Dokja. I have to get rid of these disgusting things."

"No, wait Han Sooyoung! There aren't bad people!" 

"Lee Hyunsung, step back."

"Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi?"

Yoo Jonghyuk watched with cold eyes, he wouldn't interfere with Han Sooyoung's doing. Because Lee Hyunsung's death would be more than just impactful. He even lent her a hand. Then again, Lee Hyunsung was too bewitched as of right now. 

Even as Han Sooyoung summoned a large number of clones, Lee Hyunsung battled back with tremendous strength. At this time, Han Sooyoung was running the risk of failing at killing the Pink Kids. Therefore, drastic measures needed to be taken. Of course, if Yoo Jonghyuk went after them then this would be unneeded. It was just that Han Sooyoung had no confidence in Yoo Jonghyuk helping out anymore.

Han Sooyoung smiled bitterly and asked the resisting Lee Hyunsung. 

"Do you want to see a good show?"

In the next moment, the clones surrounding Lee Hyunsung took off their clothes simultaneously. Very smoothly, one might add. Lee Hyunsung blushed and collapsed on the spot. Leaving the rest of the Pink Kids ready for killing. 

Han Sooyoung flew through the air and aimed her dagger at the back of Yoon Woochul, who once operated a coin farm. The next one who was in charge of trafficking was sliced through the neck. The next one was so quickly taken care of that it was even difficult to count his crimes. And just as it was down to the last one, a story was triggered.

[The fable 'Life And Death Companions' wants to begin its storytelling.]

"You almost made a mistake."

"What?"

"Don't kill this person. He is needed for my strategy." 

"It really is you, Kim Dokja. And, you're too late. Like, hella late."

-!

Before Kim Dokja even had time to question Han Sooyoung, he was already pinned to the wall by his neck. A rough breath could be felt and his view was almost completely covered by black, slightly fluffy hair. He couldn't tell if Yoo Jonghyuk was trying to choke him or hug him. It was presumably both. His bastard was never good at deciding these things. 

"Kim Dokja."

"Yoo Jonghyuk."

"Don't try to sacrifice yourself again. Or I will personally murder you."

"Haha. I missed you, too, Jonghyuk."

"..."

"Now, I if we continue with-" 

Yoo Jonghyuk, not about to let Kim Dokja get away by changing the topic, pulled out a blade different from what he used before. The shining sword glittering with ether was Kim Dokja's well-known star relic. 

"...Jonghyuk?"

'Ah yes, I see you took my sword, yet, do you feel that it is necessary to have it right by my neck when showing it off?'

...

[The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire's eyes can't stop sparkling.]

[The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' says she has already planned the wedding.]

[The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' wants to ask the date when it will be held.]

[The constellation 'Queen of the Darkest Spring' is asking the constellation 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' for the attendance list.]

[The constellation 'Prisoner Of The Golden Headband' will give his blessing again when the time comes.]

[The constellation 'Abyssal Black Flame Dragon' is questioning his incarnation for about his invite.]

[The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is shaking his head while mumbling.]

[5500 coins have been sponsored.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 55 7
In the bustling halls of Sejong Middle School, two unlikely best friends, Kim Dokja and Yoo Joonghyuk. Kim Dokja, with his jolly demeanour and pencha...
170K 8.2K 40
Yuito Itsuki, a 19 year old student who is in love with Kim Dokja and likes Yoo Jonghyuk, is a die-hard fan of the novel and manhwa "Omniscient Reade...