Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 35

3.1K 115 31
By booklover_0234

Some people do not deserve to touch you. Not Physically, emotionally or spiritually.
WARNING SPOILER AHEAD:
In this chapter there is a lot of Gabe and Sean content so be prepared. It will be a drawn out chatter and I am sorry if that is not what you all find interesting however it works best with the plot. There will however be several important pieces to the story in this chapter so please read carefully.
Also in the next chapter the Toma team is coming back into the story and staying permanently. I am sorry it has taken so long for me to incorporate them but a series of events had to happen before I did. Enjoy your reading!
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
Sean walks back into the room and his face is slightly red but when I look into his eyes the only emotion I can see is determination. Owen and Phil aren't with him so I assume they are doing something else. "I texted the boys and told them not to worry. Of course they still will but now they won't send out a search party for you Pookie!" Sean says with a hint of a grin and I roll my eyes but smile.

Gabe has moved from behind me and is now sitting in a chair but he hasn't taken his hand off of me. My back started hurting so Gabe raised my pain medicine dosage. Normally I refuse medicine but I am not stupid. I need it right now.

"Now pookie can you please explain what exactly happened? Don't leave any details out either. The tiniest things are important." Sean says and the muscles in his face tense like he is afraid of what I will say but when he notices me looking at him he forces his muscles to loosen.

"Can I just wait until I can see everybody? So I don't have to explain it twice." I ask but Sean just shakes his head and smiles at me.

"Nope. If you want one of us to explain it to the other guys then we can do that but we need to make a plan on what is going to happen and I need every little detail." He pauses and looks over my shoulder to Gabe then chuckles a bit. "Plus I think Gabe might explode if he doesn't find out."

I look over to where Gabe is sitting and sure enough he is tapping his foot and his eyes keep running over me like he is trying to guess what happened. "Well it is kind of a long story." I explain but Gabe is shaking his head.

"We have time. Trouble don't you dare leave a tiny detail out. Everything. Got me?" Gabe asks and I nod.

I let out a quick breath then begin to tell my story because the boys have already seen me. No point in trying to cover it up. "Well I had just gotten finished cleaning up a bit when I heard the door opening. I waited until my mother came in and I was expecting to smell the alcohol or a man on her but I never did. When I saw her walking perfectly normal I realized she was sober. Everything is always worse when she is sober, but my mother rarely is. Anyways I ran upstairs and put Lily in Cams bedroom then locked it. By the time I was done she was calling my name so I went downstairs. When I got down there she was so...calm. It was weird. My mother started calling me naive and said it was going to get me in trouble but she was talking normal. No yelling or slurring or anything like that. Her eyes were numb though, like she wasn't feeling anything. Then she threw an envelope at me. When I looked at it there were at least a hundred pictures. It was pictures of me and the kids. A lot of them were me with you all as well. Some were of us walking and some were while we were at school. I couldn't think but she called me naive again and pulled me into the living room. She pointed at the ceiling and then I saw it. There was a tiny black camera. I don't know how long it had been there but they were apparently all around the house. Then she started telling me about how I was using my body to make profit and how I was a bad person. Then my mother pushed me on the couch and did what she did to my back. Then I was dragged upstairs and she took me into the bathroom. That is where I got my shower punishment. I blacked out soon after she left me there and when I came back to conscious I managed to get out. I had to break the stool I was on my falling over the side of the tub. I got the kids up and Cameron got himself ready and helped Lily. I got them to the bus so they could go to school. I probably could have done things differently but all my brain could think in that moments was I needed to get the kids away. Anyways then my mother came downstairs and I got a beating and she left. Then I woke up here." I explain.

I left out a few details but they were nothing big. Once I am done explaining there is complete silence in the room and I just now realized that the whole time I was talking I was looking at my legs.

There are a few seconds of silence and I can practically hear Sean and Gabe taking this info in. Finally Gabe speaks. "The shower punishment?" He whispers and if I hadn't already explained to him what it was then I would think he were asking what it was. But right now Gabe is asking if it really was that punishment.

I nod my head and Gabe lets out the longest string of curse words I have ever heard come from his mouth. "Pookie whats the shower punishment?'' Sean asks carefully and I figure it is time to come clean about what that is. Before I can though Gabe is answering for me.

"It is a punishment for when her mom loses her damn mind and practically tries to kill Sang! Her mother ties her on a stool and forces her under the water stream in the shower. It starts off the hottest that the fucking thing can go then ends up being freezing fucking cold!Trouble said it is the worst pain she has ever been in. Before it had been for make 2-4 hours but this time it was more than likely anywhere from 6-8. I can't imagine the pain in her fucking muscles." Gabe barks roughly and I can feel the anger seeping off of him.

I risk taking a look at Sean and see that his mouth is wide open and his eyes are wide in horror. Yup. He is realizing what a mess I am.

As if reading my thoughts, Sean begins shaking his head. "This doesn't change anything so don't go shutting down on us pookie." He demands and right now I really, really want to believe him. "We need to figure something out though. You won't go back." I begin to argue but he raises a hand, effectively shushing me. "You could have died. I of course worry about Cameron and Lily but you would protect them with your life and while I don't blame you, that scares the shit out of me." He confesses and I get his point. This is the worst it has ever been.

I nod my head and they both seem shocked I agreed so easily, but they get relaxed expressions on their faces."I can find a hotel for now and an apartment or something like that later." I say while biting my lip. I really can't afford it right now with feeding extra people lately and Christmas in only a few weeks I am a little low on cash but I will make it work. I always do.

For a moment there is dead silence before Gabe lets out a loud groan. "Trouble I swear to the lord. That isn't what he meant. Doc meant you will be staying with one of us. Probably him and Mr.B since they have their own house."

I reel back in shock and wince slightly when I feel pain course through my body. A look of concern washes over Seans face but once I straighten my facial expressions so does he. "That was what I meant pookie." He agrees with Gabe and my mouth drops open.

"No." I demand and both of their eyes narrow down on me.

"Why not?" Dr.Green asks and I shake my head at that stupid question.

"It isn't only me. It is Lily and Cameron too. Plus I can't take over your house like that and I am sure Owen wouldn't appreciate it. Plus I will be fine. I have it all handled." I state and Sean shakes his head at me.

"Pookie it is your decision. I am not going to force you to do something that you don't want to do. I do know that neither Owen or I would mind having all three of you there. You, Lily and Cameron all come together. We know that. I would get good sleep at night if I knew you were safe anyways. We could get a few things you need then go back later." He shrugs as if this is not life changing.

A million thoughts run through my head but the most prominent one is that I want this. "What about my mother? She won't let me go." I ask carefully and Sean nods his head.

"I can't tell you everything." Sean winces as he says it like it hurts him to keep things from me. "We have connections and I can handle all that. All you would have to do is tell us what stuff to grab so that you'll be comfortable then learn how to be treated like a queen. A plus side is if you live with us then you get endless cuddles from me." Sean says while throwing his arms open. I blush a deep red and giggle while Gabe chuckles from beside me.

I almost agree but then another thought hits me. They said they had a job tomorrow. They have to go. I may not know exactly what they do but I know they help people. I sit there while the two people in the room wait for me to make a decision. "Fine." There are cheers around the room but I hold my hand up. "I have a condition. You all were going to go away for a trip tomorrow and I still want you to go."

Instantly Gabe is objecting. "No fucking way. Are you insane?'' He asks and I almost feel bad for what I am about to do.

"You all go or I don't stay with you. That sounds bad but I don't want your lives to stop for me. Plus people need you." I explain and both their mouths drop open.

"We're being blackmailed." Gabe whispers and Sean lets out a small "uh huh."

I stare at them and wait for their answer as they did for me earlier. Finally Sean agrees. "Fine but your butt stays in bed. If you need anything at all then you call someone. Understand?" He asks in a no nonsense tone and I nod my head gratefully that he agrees.

"Wait!" I yelp and both pairs of eyes swing to me. "I have to make sure it is okay with Cameron. I won't force him." I state and both of their faces fill with understanding.

"Of course. We would never ask that." Gabe assures and I relax slightly. As soon as I relax there is a knock on my door and Phil walks in.

"There are no major injuries. She has broken ribs and a concussion but no internal bleeding or anything like that. Sang will be in immense pain and I am ordering bed rest. No arguments. You all may leave anytime now." He explains as I take in all the information. Phil smiles at me softly then leaves the room.

"Okay pookie we are going to get this done before the boys get out of school so that they don't kill somebody here at the hospital." Sean jokes but even I hear the hint of seriousness in his tone.

I sit still as Sean gently disconnects the wires and IV from my body. I have new clothes on and I am just assuming that happened when they were fixing my back and everything else. To save myself embarrassment I don't ask.

After Sean seems happy with his work I know it is time to get up. Both of them come over to me with grimaces on their faces and I know this is going to hurt. Sean grabs one of my arms while Gabe grabs the other and I wince slightly when the familiar sore feeling tumbles through my body.

Gabe must notice because he huffs then points a finger at me. "I am about to do something and you just have to accept it okay? I know you can do things yourself but right now you're not." He decided then before I can answer he very gently begins to lift me up. He wraps his arms under my butt and lifts me until I am held against him. For a second I don't speak because my muscles being stretched like that hurt.

Once I gain composure over myself I lift my head and Sean is staring at me like he can take away any pain I am feeling. He sees me staring at him and cocks his head to the side. "I have no clue what we are going to do with you. You really are a handful." He teases and normally I would think he was complaining but his eyes are lit up and crinkling slightly in the corners so I just shake my head and turn to Gabe, ready to object.

As soon as I turn my head he shakes his head at me. "Keep those lips shut tight trouble. You aren't getting down. Deal with it." I narrow my eyes but he only chuckles. "You are cute when your mad." That makes me narrow my eyes more and I hear Sean chuckle.

The sound of a door opening makes my attention shift to that and I realize it is the door to my room when Gabe walks right through it. I keep my mouth shut but glare at Gabe as he walks with me. I don't see anybody else and I am incredibly grateful for that. We walk through another door and the chilly December air hits me. I shiver slightly and Gabe pulls me closer to him. We walk for another minute and I have rested my head on his shoulder because I truly am exhausted from the events of the past few hours. Before I can help it my eyes flicker shut and I melt farther into Gabe.
————————————————————
Seans POV:
This girl will be the death of me and she doesn't even realize it. Today I was scared more than I ever had been. Just seeing the cuts and bruises she had made me sick. Hearing exactly what happened was like a bullet went through my chest.

As we make it towards the car and I open the door for Gabe to put her in, he has a cocky smile on his face. "What?" I ask while narrowing my eyes because a cocky Gabe can never be a good thing.

"She fell asleep right here in my arms. Guess I will just have to hold her the whole way there. Plus it would be better for her back." He gloats.

"That is just because of the pain medicine." I try to take a bit away from his ego but it doesn't work. Hell if I were him then my ego would be high too. I won't lie and say I didn't wish that was me but it isn't jealousy I feel. I know she is safe with Gabe and it doesn't bother me that she is so comfortable with all of us.

Gabe slides past me and very gently situates himself into the seat. I close the door quietly and make my way tot he drivers side. When I get in I turn on the car and heat. Then I glance over at pookie and her head is resting on the side of Gabe's shoulder. Her eyes are shut and her lips are parted slightly. I really wish I could kiss her but I know right now isn't the time.

I muster up all of the strength I have and turn away from my pookie and begin driving. We drive in silence and I relish in being able to listen to her just breathe. "I really like her." Gabe confesses all of a sudden. "She is just special. I mean the first time I met her she ran down the hallway and almost got herself beat up just to help someone. She is like the perfect mix in personality and she doesn't favor any of us over the others. Sang is so patient. I think we have deserved to have gotten yelled at a few times now." Gabe says and it isn't with a humorous tone. It is serious. I take a second to think about what to say because everything that he just said is completely true. We don't deserve her but that doesn't mean we won't fight like hell to keep her, Lily and Cameron.

"We won't lose them." I assure Gabe and he nods and then kisses pookies head.

After 20 minutes of driving we reach her house and I motion for Gabe to stay still. I run over and open the door for him. "Well thank you. Never knew you could be such a gentlemen for me." He jokes and I send him a blank stare while his body shakes with quiet chuckles.

Gabe gently gets out of the car and we walk up to the door of her house. I push the door open and when we walk in my eyes widen. The house is destroyed. There are cushions and food thrown everywhere. The house must not have been like this earlier because Gabe's eyes are just as wide as mine. His eyes dart over to the couch and I follow them. My heart constricts when I see the couch is covered in blood. I glance back over at Sang and my mind instantly begins working. She is going to be really tired. Sang losing that much blood from her little body is not healthy.

It is then that Sang lets out a small groan and lifts her head, signaling that she is awake. Gabe gently looks around and she tries to look around but her eyes squint together. "What is wrong?" I ask switching into doctor mode.

"The lights are just bright." She mumbles and I mentally palm myself in the face. Her concussion. The lights probably feel like lighting shooting through her head. I quickly dim the lights in the room and she begins to thank me but her eyes go wide as she looks around. She lets out another groan but this time it is in pure annoyance. Then she begins looking at the ceiling and points up the the corner.

Gabe and I both look up and sure enough there is a Camera right there. Pookie sighs and shakes her head and I think this room is a little too much for her right now so I gently grip her shoulders and lead her to the kitchen where surprisingly, it is basically clean. "Is it okay if Gabe runs upstairs and grabs clothes and toiletries and whatever else he deems necessary? Then you can tell me anything else important that I need to grab?" I ask and she nods her head.

"That's fine but Gabe there is a pair of key on Cams bed, can you grab them?" She asks and he looks confused but nods, then runs up the stairs.

"Keys?" I ask and she nods.

"Yup. The kids' doors lock then I have a key for that cabinet. It has all of the important stuff that I keep for Cameron and Lily. I lock it up so that mom can't ruin it. I guess it worked." Sang shrugs while pointing to the table with a small cabinet under it that is by the door.

Gabe comes back downstairs and hands me the keys then runs back up them to pack whatever they need. I am sure it will be way more than Pookie would pack and that is why Gabe is doing it.

I walk over to the cabinet and she tells me to use the third key. I think Sang knows there is no way she would be able to squat down without a lot of pain so I am grateful when she doesn't object to me helping. I grab the tub out and it has to be at least 10 pounds. Sang grins and I swear the smallest things make her happy. I set it on the counter and she quietly thanks me then opens the tub. She pulls out several things like baby pictures, and artwork that Cameron and Lily have done. You can tell what Cameron has drawn but Lily's drawings are really just scribbles.

I lean over her and look into the tub when I see Christmas things. I reach in and the first thing I pick up is a tiny little doll that looks like an elf. "What is this?" I ask when she turns to me and instantly the grin she had was gone and her mouth drops open.

"You don't know what that is?" She asks and I raise my eyebrows while shaking my head no. Sang seems genuinely offended and I think I might have messed up. "Gabe!" She hollers upstairs and I instantly hear his footsteps.

When he makes it downstairs he sees my confused expression and Sang's shocked one. Gabe raises an eyebrow like I did and Sang grabs the elf from my hand and holds it so Gabe can see. "Please tell me you know what this is?" She asks and when he looks at the elf, Gabe's eyes widen and excitement burst in them. What the hell?

"You do that for Cameron? Please tell me Luke and I can help? We have always wanted to do that but we couldn't because we didn't have a kid." He pouts and I am even more confused.

"Yes I have done it since he was little. Of course you can help. Sean doesn't know what is it!" Sang says with disbelief in her tone and Gabe shakes his head in disappointment.

"Anybody wanna explain?" I ask and Gabe eagerly nods his head.

"Okay so this is called elf on the shelf. Parents tell their kids that Santa has sent an elf down to watch over them, to make sure they are being good until Christmas comes. The rule is that kids can't touch the elf or it loses it's magic. Parents explain to their kids that every night the elf reports back to Santa. The fun part is the elf moves every night. Sometimes it moves and just sits somewhere else but sometimes the elf gets in trouble, or even leaves presents for the child. In reality it is the parents doing everything but kids absolutely love it and it makes them act good." Gabe explains and I know a smile has reached my face.

I look over to pookie and she is nodding eagerly like Gabe was earlier. She has pictures in her hand that she gives me and I look through them while Gabe looks over my shoulder. In one picture a kitchen is a complete mess and the same elf that I had grabbed out of the box has an apron on and a sign that says he made a mess. There is one of the elf zip lining and even one where there are gifts surround it.

By the time I go through all the pictures I have a huge smile on my face. I can just imagine pookie staying up and doing all of this and then taking pictures. Some of the pictures have Cameron in them and his face is priceless every time.

"You always do this?" I ask and she chuckles at me like I am crazy.

"Of course!"

I smile at her and shake my head but watch as she puts everything back in the tub and closes the lid. "Pookie would you mind if I went into your moms room? You said before that she takes medication and I want to see what kind." I ask.

Sang bites her lip and apprehension covers her face but she nods. "That's fine but I warn you now that I have no clue what her room looks like. I never go in there unless I absolutely have to." She warns me but I shake my head and assure her that I get it. Gabe stays downstairs and begins putting all of the things he gathered in the car.

I find my way to her mothers room and Pookie was right, it is a complete mess. There are clothes strewn everywhere and plates of food. I make my way to her bedside table and find at least eight medications. I take pictures of all of them. They are all highly addictive and I wouldn't be surprised if her mother was addicted to every single one.

I begin making my way out of the room when a tote in the corner catches my eye. I know I shouldn't look but there is a feeling in my chest that I can't shake. I walk over and the tote is filled with journals. I pick one up from the top and flip to a random page. Then I begin reading the first entry.

June 7th

She just doesn't listen. I told Sang to be home from school at exactly three o clock or she would get a punishment. She forces me to do things because she whores around and can't keep her hands to herself. I made her kneel but it will never be enough. She won't grow up to be anything in life and I face the burden of dealing with that. I have tried to teach her but she just doesn't listen. Disobedient.

My stomach churns and I bite back the bile that threatens to rise from my throat. I flip through the pages and there are so, so many entries similar to that one. I drop that book and pick up another from the tote. The exact same thing. There is at least twenty books in the tote and I know what that means. Hundreds of punishments that Sang's mother has written about.

Does Sang know? I wouldn't think so. Sang said she never comes in here. I know it is the worst time to bring this up but I have to know if Sang knows that her mother writes about all of this. I grab the tote and bring it downstairs where Gabe and Sang are talking. When I come into view Sang sees the tote and her eyes squint into clear confusion and my stomach churns.

Sang doesn't know. Can she handle another bombshell right now? I should have thought about this better. "What's that?" She asks in that sweet innocent voice and this poor girl doesn't know her life is about to drastically change today. Again.

I don't answer. I can't. Sang walks over slowly, clearly in pain and I kick myself for that. She grabs a book and begins flipping through the pages. I watch as her eyes widen with each page she reads. "Did you read this?" She asks and I dart my eyes away as I nod.

I expect her to yell at me for invading her space. I expect her to tell me she won't move in. I am prepared to beg on my knees but of course, this girl shocks me. "This isn't true. None of these are. I mean the punishments are but the reasoning isn't. I snuck out but I had to work. I was never out w-whoring around. I swear." Sang begins to defend herself and despite the small tremble in her voice, it is suprisingly strong.

Instantly I raise my head and blow out a breath. "Pookie. God, no. That isn't what I was thinking. I know none of that is true. We know that. I think we should leave. We can leave these here I was just wondering if you knew about them. Lets go." I shake my head while holding her shoulders lightly, trying to reassure her without hurting her.

I expect her to sprint out of the house but she stands frozen. All the while Gabe is looking completely confused. "I want them." Sang states and I begin to object to that but she doesn't let me. "I don't remember some of the punishments. I also kind of want to know what was going through her mind. I never really knew and I want to. I can always decide not to read them, but I want the option." She whispers but her tone is clear. Sang isn't budging.

I nod and ignore Gabe curious stare as we walk out to the car. I don't know if her reading all that bullshit is what is best for her, but she isn't a child.

I can't yell at Owen for calling her a child, then treat her like one. I do know that whenever she reads those that she won't be alone. At least one of us will be there. Maybe not in the room but in the house. If she needs us we will help. I don't like the idea but it might help her heal and that is all I want.
————————————————————
Gabe's POV:
We get in the car in silence and this time Sang sits by herself. I have no clue what just happened but doc is looking at those books like they are the devil so I don't have a good feeling.

Sang's head is resting against the window and I just can't help myself. "What was in those?" I blurt the question and Sean tenses while Sang sighs. She looks in the mirror and smile slightly so I know she isn't upset.

"It was books that have every punishment I have ever received, written in my mothers point of view." Sang explains and I hold my breath. What the fuck is wrong with this lady?

"What the fuck is wrong with that psycho bitch? She belongs in a damn mental asylum. Put her on a farm. She would die after working one day." I huff and immediately regret it when I look in the mirror and see Sang has covered her face and her shoulders are shaking.

"Gabriel Coleman!" Sean barks out and that makes her shoulders shake more.

"Shit trouble I didn't mean it. Don't cry." I beg and her shaking stops and she looks up. I expect her face to be covered with tears but she has the biggest smile on her face.

"I'm sorry I wasn't crying. It is just what y-you said. You put my thoughts into words and I couldn't keep it together so I was laughing. Then Sean used your full name and I l-lost it." She wheezes out and wraps her arm around her side. I know it must be hurting but I let out a sigh of relief, then so does Sean.

"You are something else pookie. Giving me a damn heart attack." Doc sighs and Sang beings giggling again and gently rests her head back against the window while avoiding putting her back on the seat. We finish the drive in comfortable silence while Sang giggles every now and then.

When we make it to doc and Owen's house, Sang's eyes widen but I am not sure if it is from their house or all of the cars parked outside of it and the 7 people standing outside. Including Mr.Blackbourne.

The Calvary has arrived. They won't be leaving anytime soon.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
They are all there. I didn't know what time it was but I assume school has let out. Cameron and Lily are staying after for play practice so I don't have to worry about them for a while.

Sean pulls into the driveway and all eyes go to our car. Sean parks and instantly there are six people rushing towards the car. Mr.Blackbourne stays back.

My car door is thrown open by North and the light from outside causes my head to throb but I ignore it. I expected North to try and grab me out quickly but he very gently helps me stand while no one says a word.

I get the rest of the way out of the car and when I look up all eyes are on me. Nobody says a word until Nathan breaks the silence. "What the hell happened?"

                 ——————————-
After Nathan spoke everybody asked the same thing but Owen ordered everybody inside. I made it inside while looks were thrown my way, but nobody rushed me. I think I was walking like a grandma but I couldn't help it. Now I am sitting on the couch between Kota and Victor while I lean forward to keep the pain on my back from becoming too much.

"Now this morning we realized Ms.Sorenson wasn't in class." Owen starts and the room goes silent. "We had Gabe in the room with Sean and I so we sent him to check on her."

"I went to her house and snuck through her window. I searched through the house and found her downstairs unconscious. She was bloody and I called doc and he said to take her to the hospital where she got stitches and every thing else." Gabe explains and several mouth open but Sean interrupts quickly. He explains everything I told him. Every last detail. He also explains that all three of us are staying here now.

When he is done there is silence until North's voice booms out into the room. "Why were we not told immediately!" North yells and it sends another round of pain shooting through my head. I shrink back and cover my ears while Kota and Victor look at me wide eyed. I accidentally let out a small groan when the skin on my back pulls.

"North sit down and if you have another outburst you are being kicked out of this house. That goes for all of you. No yelling." Sean warns and there are wide eyes all around, but they listen. I slowly straighten up and take my hands away. I blush slightly when I realize all eyes are on me but Sean takes the attention away from me.

"Now her injuries. She has several stitches on her back and should avoid irritating them. Her ribs are cracked and she has a concussion. All of her muscles are incredibly sore from everything. You all need to be careful and avoid being too loud. Am I clear?" Sean asks and nods are sent around the room.

I don't look at Owen because I can feel his eyes on me. Judging me. I am already regretting my decision to stay here.

I look at the time and notice it is time to get the kids. Kota must notice the same thing because he nods at me and without words, gets up and drags North with him to pick the kids up. North goes reluctantly but sends me a look saying he is sorry for yelling. I expect Silas or Luke to come over and talk to me after they leave but it is Nathan that does. Everybody else disperses but keep eyes on me and I know it will be like this for a while.

"Remember when you said you would beat my dad up?" Nathan asks quietly while gently sitting down beside me and grabbing my hand.

I giggle slightly and nod at him and his eyes light up. "I might beat your mom up." He sighs and I smile at him.

"Not a good idea. You might get in trouble. You can do it in your mind though." I suggest with a cheeks grin and he bops my nose.

I talk to all of them except Owen. Right now everybody seems to be in agreement that we are talking about anything but what happened and I am grateful that for now, we are moving on. I know eventually I will have to talk about it but just not now.

When the door open Cameron comes bounding in and Lily is laying in Kota's arms. Cameron runs over to me and jumps eagerly in front of me. "Are we really staying here? Like really?" He asks and I nod slightly. Before I can say anything, Cameron runs and launches himself into Sean's arms. Sean catches him, barely, and chuckles go all around the room, even from North. Cameron thanks him and hugs him so tight that I don't know if Sean can breathe but he doesn't complain.

Cameron runs over to Owen and I hold my breath because I don't know what Owen will do. Thankfully he responds just like Sean did, and hugs him back.

              ————————————-

The rest of the night we just chilled out. Luke ordered pizza and I lasted around, a lot. Gabe showed us our rooms and they are absolutely beautiful. He set everything up and let Cameron help. Lily was passed around between everybody, and was soaking in all the attention she was getting. Who wouldn't? Their house is incredibly beautiful. They have nine bedrooms because the boys apparently stay here a lot. There is a ton of room and I can't complain that I get to live here. When the boys were informed about the deal I made that got me to stay here, I think a few of them almost exploded. They all disagreed but I refused to budge. Eventually they accepted it but that was after an hour of sulking. The whole night I am treated like complete porcelain and the conversations never drift to the elephant in the room but I know that the conversation is coming sooner than later.

Surprisingly, Cameron has adjusted really well and went through his whole night routine without me having to ask him. The boys didn't let me do anything but Cam didn't seem to notice so I didn't say anything. He did ask why we were staying here and I explained we were getting new scenery, and he seemed happy which I was grateful for.

Now it is 9 o clock and Camerons bedtime, and maybe even mine. Lily is already asleep in a makeshift crib that they had. Cameron runs over to me and hugs me quickly, but I grab his wrist and pull him over gently for a longer hug while everyone else chuckles.

What surprises me though is that Cameron makes a weird pained sound. He stares at me and I stare back. At first I think I might have grabbed him too hard, but I know I pulled on him lightly. Cameron tries to tug his arm away but I hold him still and ignore the pain coursing through my body.

I gently lift his sleeve and he begins squirming. "Stop." I command and Cameron does instantly. I rarely use that tone but when I do, he knows I'm serious. By now we have gained the attention of everybody in the room but I pay no attention to them. I lift his sleeve all the way and my heart jumps to my throat.

On his wrist there is a bruise but it isn't a regular bruise. I can make out each fingerprint on his wrist and I instantly think of my mother. Did she get to him? There are several intakes of air around the room and I know everyone else has seen the bruise. "Where did this come from Cameron?" On the inside my stomach is swirling and it feels like time has stopped. As I speak though my voice is kind and coaxing. The complete opposite of what I feel.

"I just fell." Cameron lies and I shake my head.

"Baby these are fingerprints. That means someone grabbed your wrist way too tight. That isn't okay. I know it wasn't me because my grip was way to loose and bruises don't form that fast." He nods but doesn't make any move to talk to me. Everyone else in the room is dead silent and I know I should move to a different room but it isn't processing in my brain right now. "Was it mom?" I hesitantly ask but Cameron is instantly shaking his head. I look into his eyes and he is telling the truth.

"You had a bruise on your back and you told me you fell. We're you fibbing when you told me that?" I ask and I receive a nod.

"Okay. Did the same person do both of these things?" I ask and he nods again.  "Cameron I need to know who so that I can keep it from happening." I tell him sternly and his eyes dip down to the floor. I gently lift his head and there are a few tears begging to be let out. My heart clenches and I want to say he never has to talk about it, but I need to know who.

"Ms.Reeve's." He mumbles finally and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"One of your teachers?" I ask and he nods. I sit there for a second, then look up. Some of the boys looks absolutely pissed, while others look sad. They all look confused like me. I don't know that teacher and all of his main ones, I have met. They were all incredibly kind but I would never doubt what Cameron tells me.

I will always believe him first, no matter what.

"What teacher is that?" I ask and he leans against me. I pick him up and settle him against my chest. Winces go around the room and I won't lie, it hurts. Cameron comes first though and right now he needs me. I ignore all of the pain, guilt and confusion I feel and focus on Cam.

"She teaches me when we learn our play. That is the only time I see her. She is really mean, I don't like her. She acts like mom. Whenever we mess up a part we have to say she gets mad and pulls us or hits us, but I like the play and I wanna stay in it. No one else does those things." Cameron says with pleading eyes and right now I feel a million emotions.

"Is she mean to all of the kids, or just you?" I ask.

"All of us." Cameron sniffles and I sigh.

"I will talk to people at the daycare and see what happens? Im sure other people have complained. I need you to promise me something. If anybody every hurts you, then you tell me. Even if there is something you really want to do. Your safety is important kiddo and I am not a mind reader okay?" I ask quietly and he nods. I attempt to put him down but he latches himself around me and I know there is no way I will get him off.

I slowly stand up and I can barely hold Cameron but I manage. When I look up at the other guys, Kota clears his throat. "I think we will leave now." He declares and there are grumbles but everybody agrees. One by one they all come over and kiss my forehead. Victor is the last one and he leans down to whisper to me.

"Don't feel guilty princess. We will figure it out. It isn't your fault. Get some sleep and we will see you in a few days." Victor murmurs quietly and I nod but the guilt doesn't go away. Once all of them leave I turn to where Sean and Owen are standing. Sean looks worried but Owen is standing there with a blank look on his face. The whole night he was quiet and I avoided him. No words were said but we were never alone together.

I look at both of them and muster up the kindest smile I can manage. "Thank you so much. I can't imagine what would have happened without you. Thank you for allowing us to stay here. If at any point you want us gone just say the word, I get it." I throw out there and Sean shakes his head while Owen stares at me with squinted eyes.

"Get some rest pookie. I will wake you up before we leave tomorrow. If you need anything you know where our rooms are. Your are welcome to use anything." Sean says quietly as he notices Cam fall asleep on his shoulder. I nod at both of the men even though Owen hasn't spoken to me, then make my way to my room.

I lay Cameron gently on the bed and he cuddles up with a pillow. I manage to stumble to the bathroom and remind myself to thank Gabe for getting everything ready for me. Half an hour later I crawl into bed and lay on my stomach. Cameron cuddles in close to my side and my whole body is in pain. It feels like I can't move but I do nothing to make myself more comfortable.

I messed up today and it is my fault. I can handle the pain. I drift off to sleep with one thought on my mind. How did I mess up so bad?
————————————————————
Authors Note: This was a LONG chapter. I hope that it reached your standards and wasn't too boring for you. I tried to make things more realistic.

I have not edited this so I am sure there are grammar mistakes, please ignore them.

What do you all think of the book so far?

This chapter was 7780 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 14.7K 55
The international singing sensation, Ghost Bird, is a name known around the world. No one knows who the mysterious singer is, but everyone knows her...
60.5K 2.7K 18
Sang was happy, smiling and laughing and loving her boys. Until one day, she received news that could rip them apart. Tears are cried, anger is shown...
20.6K 1.6K 30
When the world changes overnight, and Sang finds herself separated from the nine boys she loves, how can she survive until they are all reunited? I'...
317K 13.7K 82
This is a Fan fiction of Ghost Bird series. I have had this in my head for a while and was going to upload it to another website and then the complic...