Above The Surface (LucaxReade...

By Bluegarnet123

*COMPLETED* In the town of Portorosso, Italy, summer vacation is just beginning. Adventure is around every c... More

Just A Myth
Day To Day Chores
Family Dinner
The Accidental Change
Walking And A Vespa
Laughter On The Surface
Reaching Daydreams
Family Spites
The Human Town
Underdogs
Challenge Accepted
Tough Learning
Interesting Dinner?
A Normal Day's Work
Signing In The Race
Training
Suspicious
Something New
Preparing And Jealousy
Betrayal
The Aftermath
The End Of The Finsh Line

So Long, Friend...

2.9K 104 61
By Bluegarnet123

~In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.~ John 16:33

Last chapter guys!😭😭 goodness its been so long!

Plz help me—it's freakin snowing and I'm freezing! 👁💧👄💧👁
_______________

"Feast your eyes on the greatest Vespa the world has ever seen!" Alberto, (Y/N), and Luca, in their sea monster forms sat on the rusted Vespa—the vehicle jumping and shaking due to the flat wheels.

Kids, along with Giulia, jogged after them with excited hollers and whoops, following them into Massimo's house entrance.

The engine splutters as Alberto parked it, the Vespa dropping to the ground as the head light broke off. Alberto smirked and fixed the trophy on his head; "Perfect."

This causes everyone to laugh in amusement. As they play, Massimo gives a plate of pasta to Daniela who was sitting at a table—and one to (M/N) who was standing behind her with Monty's arm around her waist.

"Oh, thank you!" She smiled at Massimo before sing the fork with Monty's help and humming in delight at the taste. "This is amazing!"

Daniela nodded in agreement before double taking when she sees her Grandma Paguro sitting next to her.

Massimo gave her her plate of pasta, nodding. "Signora."

"Grazie." She smiled as Daniela gaped at her.

"Mom!" She exclaimed as (M/N) gave her a curious look. "What are you doing here?"

"Eh, I come to town most weekends."Grandma Paguro replied before turning to (M/N) with a knowing smirk. "So, a human, huh?"

"Uh—well—!" Monty laughed as a mad blush came over (M/N)'s cheeks—pouting as she stuffed more pasta in her mouth.

They turned their attention when more kids whooped—smiling when they saw that Giulia was running in place with the trophy in her hands.

"You're not gonna catch me!" She yelled playfully as (Y/N) threw herself over Luca, standing up in the end and using his shoulders a leverage as Alberto pretended to drive after her.

"Whoo-hoo!" (Y/N) yelled, pretending to turn Luca as he stood up in the middle.

"Underdogs forever!" Luca laughed as (Y/N) hugged his shoulders, the two laughing even harder as they shook Alberto back and forth.

Daniela sighed, frowning. "What they did today was amazing, But we can't let them stay in this world." She and Lorenzo looked at the strong and understanding faces of Grandma Paguro, Monty, and (M/N). "Can we?"

"Some people," the old lady shrugged as the trio ran around the Vespa. "they'll never accept them."

"But some will." Monty added, smiling as (M/N) wrapped her arm around his torso. "They have each other and they're doing pretty great at finding the good ones."

(M/N) gazed at her daughter, soon at Luca as the two blushed and grinned at each other—chuckling slightly when Luca's blush turned a bit more red when (Y/N) pecked his cheek, ignoring Monty's little grumble at the action. "They'll be okay, I know it."

"She's too young for that..."

"Oh," the whole table laughed when (M/N) slapped Monty's arm—the man having no reaction as he crossed his arms and huffed. "Monty! Be happy for them!"

"I am! But that doesn't mean that I want to see it!"

As the couple 'argued' and the table watching them, Giulia exhaled and put her hand on her hips. "So, where will you go first?"

"We're gonna stick around here for a bit." Alberto replied, leaning on the handles of the Vespa with a nod. "We gotta fix this thing up before we take it across the entire Earth."

"Okay!" Giulia giggled, shaking her head. "Just don't forget to pack."

She suddenly gasped, startling the trio. "Santo Gorgonzola! I need to pack! For school!"

"Oh, yeah, school." Luca smiles, despite his sad mood, which made the others frown a bit. "You're gonna learn so much."

"Do you think you can send some pictures of land animals?" (Y/N) stood next to Luca with a sheepish smile. "I wanted to learn about a couple more!"

"Um, I can leave you some books?" Giulia shrugged, her own happy smile coming back as Luca and (Y/N) lit up.

"You can?"

She nodded and ran inside the house, Luca grabbing (Y/N)'s hand as she hurriedly waved her hand at Alberto. "Come on, Alberto!"

Alberto watched after them, glancing between the Vespa and the doorway thoughtfully before a soft, bittersweet smile came over his face before he grinned and ran inside the house.

. . .
. .
.

Alberto, Luca, and (Y/N) stood next to Monty, the girl holding his hand as they watched Massimo and Giulia talk.

"And you have your lunch for the train?" Massimo kneeled in front of Giulia as she nodded.

"Sì."

"Sweater?" Massimo worried, furrowing his brows. "If it gets cold?"

"For the millionth time, sì!" Giulia laughs before hugging him tight. "I love you, too, Papà."

As she picked up her suit case and waddled over to the trio, Monty smiled at (Y/N) and she reluctantly let go of his hand as he walked over to Massimo and patted his shoulder. "Ah, don't worry about, Massimo! I'm gonna be watching her after all!"

"Santa mozzarella, we did it!" Giulia grinned as Alberto leaned his elbow on (Y/N)'s head as he nodded towards her. "Well, Giulia, can't wait to race next summer."

"Or we could just have fun." She pulled all three of them into a group hug, making them smile and hug back.

"Ciao, Giulia." They said in unison.

They let go of each other and watched as Giulia steeped in the stairs of the train car, Monty not to far behind her as they waved.

(Y/N) jogged up to him as he kneeled and they met in a tight hug, Monty couldn't help but coo and smile at (Y/N)'s frown. She looked at him with puppy eyes. "Do you have to go?"

"Yep, I'm sorry kiddo." Monty sighed as he ruffled her (H/C) hair. "The clinic I work at in Genova is a lot bigger than the one here, and since I was on vacation here, they could use the help."

"Oh, okay. Just be careful, " (Y/N) sighed before snuggling her face into his shoulder. "I love you, Papa."

"Heh," Monty coughed so he wouldn't cry before standing up and ruffling her hair again. "I love you too, kiddo."

As (Y/N) walked back to stand next to Luca, neither of them noticed the winks shared between Alberto, Monty, and Giulia.

"Well," Luca held (Y/N)'s hand, intertwining their fingers as they turned. "let's go fix up our Vespa."

"Yeah, about that. Uh..." Alberto rubbed the back of his neck as the two gave him questioning looks, slowly becoming silent as he gave them two tickets to Genova. "It's a crazy thing. I might have sold it."

"Luca? (Y/N)?"

They turned from Alberto to see their family, Lorenzo and (M/N) holding medium sized bags. Luca walked over to his mother as (Y/N) walked over to hers. "Mom? What are you all doing here?"

Monty jogged over to his family as Daniela fixed to the with a stern stare. "If you two promise to write to us every single day and be as safe as possible, and I mean safer than safe..."

Daniela counsels get the words out as (M/N) sighed and nodded with a sad smile. "you can go to school."

Luca and (Y/N) gasped, exchanging disbelieving expression before looking at their parents. "We can!?"

"It's all arranged, actually." Lorenzo states as he gave Luca the bag he had, (M/N) doing the same as she pressed her forehead against (Y/N)'s. "You'd stay with Giulia and her mom."

(M/N) pulled away and stood next to Monty, hugging his arm. "While you stay with your father."

Grandma Paguro chuckled, folding her arms. "Your friend talked them into it," they turned to Alberto, who was shyly kicking dirt his bare foot. "It wasn't easy."

"Luca, (Y/N)?" (M/N) kneeled once again with a desperate yet hopeful expression. "do you promise?"

"Yes! Yes, we promise!" They tackled their mothers in another hug yet again, feeling as happy as ever. "Thank you."

"Oh. Just remember, we are always here for you. Okay?" Daniela breathed a shaky gasp, (M/N) sniffling as Luca and (Y/N) smiled at them.

"Hey." They said, catching their attention as the two held hands. "You all know we love you, right?"

Their mothers sniffle again and chuckled as they nodded. "We know."

They switched kids, so now Daniela was clinging to (Y/N) as (M/N) cling to Luca, squeezing one last time before letting go.

Monty helped (M/N) stand up, sneaking a kiss as she laughed. Waving at her, he put a arm around (Y/N). "Alright, kiddos. Let's go!"

Monty took his daughters bag from her as Luca stepped on the train. Stopping, (Y/N) looked at Alberto. "Come on, Al. Where's your stuff?"

Alberto frowned as he shrugged. "Yeah, well, you see..."

"You... are coming, right?" (Y/N) whispered, playing with the sleeves of her shirt as Alberto gave her a apologetic look.

"Um, I would, but Massimo asked if I wanted to stick around." He tried to keep his tears in as his breathing stuttered. "Move in maybe? And I just thought, uh... I think he needs me." He chuckled tearfully. "You know?"

Tears gently streamed down (Y/N)'s cheeks as she sniffles. "I... I'm not sure I can go without you." She wiped them away. "It just doesn't feel right..."

Alberto shook his head, taking out the picture they made, only it was taped together. "But you're never without me, you and Luca will fine."

She took the drawing with shaking hands as Alberto took a deep breath. "The next time that-that you jump off a cliff or tell Bruno to quit bothering you, that's me!"

(Y/N) glances behind to see Luca, tears in his eyes as well and she looked back at Alberto and exhaled sadly. "But how are we gonna to know you're okay?"

Alberto gasped under his breath, biting his lip before the two tackled each other. "... You guys got me off the island, sis." He sniffles as he pulled away, a happy smile on his face as tears stream down their cheeks. "I'm okay."

They turned when the train's horn sounds, smoke hissing and curling around it as (Y/N) stepped on the steps, Luca and Alberto quickly shared a bro hug before Alberto shook their hands. "Piacere, Girolamo Trombetta."

Luca chuckled as (Y/N) laughed tearfully, hugging the girl close as the train began to leave. "Seriously, what does that mean?"

"No idea." Alberto's eyes were glistening as he started to jog. "Go find out for me, will ya?"

"We definitely will!" (Y/N) called out as their hands slipped from each other, Alberto now running as the train chugged and gotten faster.

As the train entered the tunnel, Alberto jumped in the air vccgPiacere, Girolamo Trombetta cwaved his hat, the rain hitting his skin and changing him into his sea monster form. "Go, Luca!, Go, (Y/N)!"

"Go!" He laughed as he continued to wave his hat, his form soon disappearing from view as his voice gotten smaller. "Yeah! Whoo-hoo!"

Now out of the tunnel, the two continued to look his way even though they couldn't see him anymore, the rain hitting their skin as it changes Luca's appearance, minutiae later it changed (Y/N)'s as well.

She leaned her head down as she sobbed softly, immediately snuggling into Luca's arms when he offered a comforting hug. The wind gently glided through their scales as they gazed at the ocean, smiling in nostalgia at the familiar islands standing in the middle of it.

Luca and (Y/N) softened their expressions at one another and pressed their foreheads together. Soon looking up at the sky, the sun began to peak between the clouds, giving the sea a beautiful reflection as the two accepted the start of a new beginning.

Fin~

___________
Note: bruuuuhh! 😭😭😭😭 this book was my baby and its all grown up— I feel so proud! WAAAHHH—!

Okay, okay, enough tears. *aggressively keeps tears in* that last part with Alberto was actually asked for by Harleyquincess in quotev and I think it came out pretty nicely! ❤️

But seriously for, that this book is finished I can start on Raya and the last Dragon and soon after that, it's Kubo and the two strings!

I have a lot of books I want create and bring to life, so I'll be posting on my profile of my plan! ❤️❤️❤️

____________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 2146

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348 0 11
In Genova, school is finally out for two Underdogs, Luca and Giulia, who are both more than excited to go back to Portorosso and reunite with Alberto...
38 0 24
How far are you willing to seek the opportunity for new adventure, not knowing that it will put the only friends you have, and possibly your very lif...
33.4K 620 20
Seeing the trailer for this movie got me so excited and pumped up that I couldn't help myself but to write about it! After watching the movie, I fel...
155K 3.5K 29
Two young boys and a young girl experience an unforgettable Italian summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. But all the fun is th...