What are the Odds? (YiZhan FF...

By Kimnielle88

What can happen when your child that you hid from him meets his father? What are the odds that he can likely... More

Prologue
WATO 1
WATO 2
WATO 3
WATO 4
WATO 5
Learn with me lol (If you're not interested, feel free to skip this chapter)
WATO 6
WATO 7
WATO 8
WATO 9
WATO 10
WATO 11
WATO 12
WATO 13
WATO 14
WATO 15
WATO 16
WATO 17
WATO 18
WATO 19
WATO 20
WATO 21
WATO 22
WATO 23
WATO 24
WATO 25
WATO 26
WATO 27
WATO 29
WATO 30
WATO 31
WATO 32
WATO 33
WATO 34
WATO 35
WATO 36
WATO 37
WATO 38
WATO 39
WATO 40
WATO 41
WATO 42
WATO 43
WATO 44
WATO 45
WATO 46
WATO 47
WATO 48
WATO 49
WATO 50
WATO 51
WATO 52
WATO 53
WATO 54
WATO 55
WATO 56
WATO 57
WATO 58
WATO 59
WATO 60
WATO 61
WATO 62
WATO 63 (END)
WATO: Epilogue
WATO: Extra Chapter

WATO 28

5.6K 407 32
By Kimnielle88

"Good morning," Zhan greeted upon answering the call, Yibo has already left with Sean thirty minutes ago and now Zhan is left alone in the bedroom.

"Your asshxle of an ex told me you were sick, are you okay now?" Zhuocheng asks instead of greeting back, " I met him a while ago when he brought Sean at the daycare," he added.

Zhan laughs at his remark, he can feel the hatred from what he just uttered, "You're harsh," he replied, "And yes, I am already fine. I'm just taking precaution, I don't want my students to get my cold even if I'm already fine," he replies. 

"There's nothing wrong with what I said," Zhuocheng mutters, Zhan can imagine Zhuocheng rolling his eyes right now. 

"Anyways, you better rest some more even if you said you're fine. I'll put the notice for your students so they're aware," he added, "By the way, you should have called me last night when you were sick! That's why I'm telling you yesterday to rest--" he keeps nagging. 

Zhan just laughed, shaking his head as the words Zhuocheng is saying is just mere noise to him. "Okay, okay. Yeah, it was my fault for pushing myself too hard, so please stop nagging already!" he laughs. 

Zhuocheng just clicked his tongue at the other line, "Well, you deserved to be nagged, you're too careless!" he huffs. 

Zhan chuckles, "I'm sorry okay? I'm a lot better now, so don't worry too much," he assures. 

"That's good to hear, anyway how did you manage to take of yourself?" he asks, curiously.

Zhan bit his lip, if he tells him he sure will nag at him again, anyway, here's go nothing. He shrugs before he answers, "Yibo did," closing his eyes tight waiting for Zhuocheng to blow from the other line. 

"For fuck's sake Xiao goddamn Zhan!" and as he expected, he did. 

Zhan chuckles sheepishly, "Well, uhh... I suddenly collapse, I can't really do anything that time to push him away cause well... I kinda feel weak, I don't even remember if I did something or said something last night... hehe" he scratches his nape. 

Zhan heard a long sigh of frustration from the other line, ah shit, he's angry, isn't he?

"You know? Arghh whatever!" he grumbled, "At least you were nursed back to health. Just don't open up too much hm?" he reminded.

Zhan smiled, he get what Zhuocheg means, "Of course I won't, I just decided to forgive him a little," he replies.

"Little? hmmmm?" Zhuocheng hums, skeptical at Zhan's answer. 

Zhan laughs, "It's really a little!" he retorted, "Just trust me with this okay?" he reassures. 

Zhuocheng sighs, "Fiiiiiiine! Even so, I'm here to support you or comfort you when you cry again!" he said sternly.

Zhan nods even though the other won't see him, "Aye sir! Anyway, you're at school already?" he immediately averts the topic, if it goes further who knows, Zhuocheng might nag him all day. 

"Nearly there, " he replies. 

"Oh, good. Thank you for giving my students a notice, gotta go."

"yeah, yeah bye!" Zhuocheng said before the call dropped.

Zhan smiles, "he nags more than mom," he chuckles to himself before stooping down the bed, stretching his arms and legs to ease the restraints on his asleep nerves.

.

Zhan didn't want to spend his day lying on the bed so he decided to grab his apron, probably do some house works while he's at it.  Well, he thought of it as an exercise for his body to strengthen. He spends the whole morning doing the laundry, vacuuming the house, cleaning the pantry, and everything he can see for potential cleaning and fixing, this way it's making his head clear. 

He whistles a hymn of a song as he is now facing the kitchen, of course, he also needs to cook for his lunch. He washed his hands before grabbing the knife and cutting board. 

But as he was about to open his fridge to get his ingredients, the doorbell rang. He immediately darted his eyes at the direction of the sound, tilting his head in curiosity as to who may that be. It can't be Zhuocheng of course, because he's at work. It can't also be his son cause his son can't reach the doorbell, plus he just opens the door. Haikuan, maybe? But why would he go without a notice? Or maybe HIM?

Zhan's heart started thumping upon narrowing down the possibilities of who is the person ringing the doorbell. He gulps as he strides to the front door, nervous brows are knitted together. 

Slowly, he opened the door. And as expected, the figure of the alpha who's the possible person to visit is standing in front of the door, smiling wide with a bag of groceries in his arms. 

"Can I come in?" he asks, giddily waiting for the omega's answer. It would make him sad if the omega rejects his offer, especially since the only reason that connects them is not in the house but in the daycare.

Zhan just looked at the alpha, stunned. 'Be still my heart," he says to himself. 

"Zhan?" Yibo asked, turning him back to his senses. 

Zhan flinched and regained his consciousness anyway, "Oh, yeah. Come in," he invited mindlessly, stepping aside to make way for the alpha. 

He smiles wide, happy to be welcomed and not rejected. "Thank you," he says as he steps inside. 

The omega just watches him silently, as he welcomes himself as if he memorized every part of the house. The alpha beeline his way to the kitchen. 

"Oh! can I borrow your kitchen? I'll cook you lunch-- oh? were you about to cook? You should be resting, you're cold might relapse-" he nags. 

"You should rest! Don't go to work until you feel all better!"

Zhan looked away, hiding the small smile springing from his lips when he remembers something. That was when they were still starting in the industry.

"What are you still doing there? Go back to your room, I'll cook lunch!" After seeing the omega still standing at the door, the alpha remarks while he put on the extra apron. 

"I feel sicker when I do nothing..." he mumbles, striding his way to the kitchen the sits on the dining table.

"I don't want to stay in bed all day! at least let me do something!" Yibo chuckles internally after remembering something similar. 

"You haven't changed huh," the alpha replies with a chuckle as if it's the most normal thing to say between exes.

Zhan tilted his head, eyebrow raised, "You still remember?" he asks. 

the alpha immediately realized what he said, his cheeks immediately turned pink. "...well.." he mutters, speechless. What should he say? That's too embarrassing!

"By the way, I can hear your phone buzzing, you sure you won't answer it?" Zhan asks, noticing the bussing sound from Yibo's pocket. 

Yibo sighs internally, glad the topic averted instantly. "Oh. It's fine," he answers, ignoring the buzzing of his phone. It's probably his manager calling him to come back to the shoot, well, he doesn't want to miss the chance to be alone with the omega so he might not be coming back for the shoot anytime soon. 

"Don't you have a shoot today?" the omega suddenly asked. 

Yibo is getting cold sweat as he thinks of an answer, "Well, i-it's break time and uhh... I have time on my hands," he lied. It was a lie, he actually told his manager that he'll be quick but now he doesn't know how many minutes he's been spending here. 'sorry, manager' he cried inside his head, apologizing internally as if his manager would hear his plea. 

Zhan nods, he seems convinced at his white lie. "Who's the director?" Zhan suddenly asked. 

YIbo's eyes went wide, 'is this a progress?' he thought. The omega is starting a conversation with him! oh fuck! His heart might explode in happiness any moment now. "W-well... It's director xxx.." he answers, a little wary as he takes small glances at the omega. 

the omega slumps his face on the table, sighing, "Oh, that director? Remember we participated in his variety show when we're still trainees?" he asks, cheek squished on the table but his back is facing Yibo.

Yibo took another glance at the omega, 'is he doing this unconsciously? is he still sick?' he thought. The omega is talking to him casually like it's nothing, like he's not been shut out a few days ago. Then he answers, "R-right..." he replies while peeling the vegetable. 

"He's an accommodating director, and he's kind," Zhan utters, chuckling as the memories of them when they were still trainees flashed back. 

"Yeah..." Yibo answers, mesmerized after hearing the omega's small laughs. It feels like a music and is now imprinted inside his head. 

"Well, that was trainee days," he remarks. 

Yibo swiftly look at him, "Don't you want to go back to the industry?"  a sudden question leaked out of his mouth.

Zhan sighs which made the alpha nervous, did his question offend the omega? 'Oh fuck, I'm getting kicked out!' he panicked as he close his eyes shut. 

But Yibo was not expecting when Zhan chuckles softly, "No, I'm happy with where I am working now..." he mutters. "I have days to take care of Sean," he replies, soft mutters but Yibo was able to hear. 

Yibo smiled fondly at the figure of the omega's back, always be the caring Zhan he knows, who prioritizes others than himself, the same person who he took for granted. Ah, hearing the omega speak so fondly about their son, he realized, he wasted a loving omega.

"Zhan..." he suddenly called out. 

The omega immediately sat up, turning his head at the alpha, eyes questioning as he waits for the next words the alpha would say. 

"...Can I prove myself again?... too you?" he uttered, trying his hard to sound more sincere as his heart is thumping wild. His hands stopped from peeling as he bites the inside of his mouth, waiting for the brace of Zhan's words. 

Zhan looked down, should he? His heart is thumping wild as the long silence engulfed the whole room. Should he follow what his heart is screaming this time? 

"...I mean this not because we have a son... but to atone things I made you suffer and to prove you that you're still the one I love..." he added. 

Zhan cupped his face, hiding the small tears leaving his eyes. He should not be carried away, but his heart, it's been chanting to give the alpha a chance. 

It's a long silence again before the omega finally spoke, "...Okay! b-but it's y-your last chance!" he tries to sound threatening but it came out soft. Ah shit, this will make Zhuocheng nag at him again.

Yibo smiles widely, finally! This time he won't waste his last chance. Ahh, God knows how much he wanted to hug the omega right now in so much happiness, but he should restraint himself. Slowly. They have all the time to bring back the love they have lost.

----

A/N:  Is my pacing too fast? I mean, is it weird making Zhan so angry and hurtful toward Yibo for some time then suddenly making him at ease with him? Lol, I can't even think straight (maybe because I'm not straight lmao)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 25.3K 50
"Find me an omega and the alliance is yours", the cold words of the Alpha of the Lan pack should have been enough of a warning for Xiao Zhan. Yet, he...
24.9K 1.5K 19
Love of four hundred years revenge of four hundred years πŸ’” Love can be painful and joyful at the same time ❣️ πŸ’“Wei wuxian πŸ’—lan wangji πŸ’“ Mpreg πŸ’•...
73.7K 4.6K 23
A suddenly orphaned, young and weakened omega like Wei Ying, had little chance of escape when some alphas found him hiding in the very forest that wa...
686K 29.8K 47
In the world where second gender is acknowledged, Xiao Zhan is an omega born in an alpha household. He's loved and cared for by everyone, including h...