My Cruel Mates

By barngrjl

Claire lives in a world where dragons, werewolves, vampires and other supernatural beings treat humans as mea... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 33

24.9K 793 33
By barngrjl

Claire

Rowan sat down on the bench in the shower with me in his arms and I curled into his warmth, relishing his gentle care while he is being generous with it. I place a soft kiss to his neck and his chest rumbles appreciatively before he looks down at me and smiles.

"Claire..." He says and I pop my eyes up to look at him.

"Yes?" I ask curiously. His hand comes up to cup my cheek and I watch him as he takes heavy breaths.

"I love you, little demon." He says with smirk. My breath hitches and I can't help but smile. I know I had said it earlier, but I wasn't expecting him to say it back.

"Really?" I ask and he huffs out a laugh.

"Yes really. Don't make me take it back." He jokes and I gape at him.

"Don't you dare! You ridiculous newt." I mutter under my breath and Rowan chuckles.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He says, nuzzling his face into my neck. I let out a contented sigh, the warm water helping my sore, tired body to relax.

"You didn't upset me, Rowan. Just surprised me." I say and he looks at me confused.

"Why?" He asks and I shrug.

"You go from claiming every inch of my body like a beast to snuggling and telling me you love me. It's enough to give a girl whiplash." I chuckle a little as he smiles.

"Well, it's true. I love you." He says again and my heart patters with joy.

"I love you too." I whisper as I lift myself up to press my lips against his. I rest back in his arms, but want Bennett with me as well.

"Benny!" I shout and he pops his head in the door.

"Yeah, baby?" He asks.

"Get in here with us." I say and he smiles before stripping and sliding in.

"Good lord it smells like Rowan in here." He says with a laugh.

"He made sure of it." I mutter annoyed and both men laugh. Bennett and Rowan help me clean up, because my limbs still feel like jello.

When Rowan puts me down to get dressed I nearly fall on tired legs. He catches me and they help me get dressed before we leave the council headquarters. I reach out to Bennett, wanting to be close to him after a day dedicated nearly entirely to Rowan. He doesn't obect and carries me through the building. I tuck my face into his neck and close my eyes, letting the movements of his body rock me into a sleep like trance.

Mostly so I don't have to look at anyone after they heard what Rowan and I did. I'm not sure I could survive the mortification. I feel the cool air on my face as we leave the building and go to lift my head and open my eyes, but Bennett brings his large hand up to shield my view and keep my head pressed against his chest.

"Don't look, little one. Trust me." He says seriously when I look up into his eyes. I nod and hear a little growl from Rowan as he looks over his latest kill. I can see the blood staining the stone steps and decide I don't need to see any more.

It doesn't take long for us to return home and I let out a big yawn as Bennett lowers me to the couch. I look around the house, still missing our old one. This one doesn't feel like home and with it's proximity to the capital, I'm not sure it ever will.

"I want to cook you guys a nice dinner." I say excitedly, going to push myself off the couch, but Rowan pushes me back gently and shakes his head.

"Not tonight, little demon. You need to relax." He says and I huff at him.

"I'm fine!" I say indignantly and they look at each other before looking back at me. I go to get off the couch again, but Rowan descends on me, wrapping his arms around me and clinging me to his chest.

"Let me go! You infernal salamander!" I shout and Bennett roars out a laugh.

"How come you never call Bennett ridiculous things?" Rowan asks and I shrug.

"Because he doesn't annoy me like you do." I say with a sweet smile. Rowan growls a little and I scoff at him before smacking his chest.

"Don't you dare growl at me, Rowan." I say firmly and he narrows his eyes at me.

"What are you going to do? Bite me again?" He asks and I grin at the memory.

"Maybe." I say before giving up my fight and relaxing into him. He does feel good, warm and soft.

I spin in his arms to press myself against him and he lays down on the couch with me, letting me rest my head on his chest. I wrap my arms around him and close my eyes, taking advantage of his sweetness while I can.

"This is nice." I murmur into his chest. He grunts in response.

"Don't get used to it, little demon. This is more Bennett's thing." He says before kissing my forehead. His comment both hurts me and makes me angry, so I push away from him and he looks at me confused.

"If you don't want to lay here with me then go away!" I snap at him. His eyes soften from annoyed to affectionate as he opens his arms for me again.

"I'm sorry. I do want to lay with you. Come here. Please?" He asks and I search our bond but find no dishonesty, so I nod and tuck back into him. Once I'm wrapped securely in his arms again, I feel his body relax and warm a little, making me sleepy.

"I think I could begin to enjoy these kinds of things with you and Bennett." Rowan says quietly and I smile a little to myself at his admission.

"There is nothing wrong with enjoying your mates." I say gently, running my hand soothingly along the hard planes of his back.

"You're right, Claire. You and Bennett are gifts. I should do a better job of showing that." He says lovingly into my ear. His words makes my heart expand and I look up at him with wide teary eyes.

"Do you really think that?" I ask and he nods, dipping his head to kiss me sweetly.

"I know I was an ass at first, but I have come to care for you a great deal. Not only that, but I'm proud of you. You and Bennett are the only people in this world that I love. Never forget how special you are to me." He says passionately and I'm so happy to hear this come from him I can't really form words so I kiss him instead, fierce and strong.

"Don't start something else tonight, little one. I think you need to recuperate." He says with a smug grin and I roll my eyes at him.

"You should make breakfast in the morning. You can't expect Bennett and I to do all of the cooking." I say and Rowan nods.

"You're right. I'll make breakfast and then we can go around the city. Show you our favorite spots." He says with a warm smile.

"Really? Just like that? And you'll do what I ask?" I inquire and Rowan chuckles.

"Sweet girl, after what you did today you could ask for just about anything and I'd give it to you." I smile at his words and tuck myself back into his chest, the soft fabric of his shirt calming under my fingertips.

"All I want is you and Bennett. Well, and to help all of human kind. That's not too much to ask for, is it?" I ask cheekily, and I feel Rowan's gentle laughter under my cheek. He presses a long kiss to the top of my head.

"No, love. Not at all." He says gently as my body relaxes. I hear Bennett's footsteps come in to the room and hear his warm laughter as he takes in the sight.

"That's one way to keep her from getting up." He says, his eyes shining with amusement.

"She still put up a fight." Rowan says and I turn to look at Bennett. Rowan keeps his arms around my middle, tucking his face into my hair. I reach out to Bennett and he walks towards me.

"Come make me a sandwich!" I plead and both men laugh as Bennett lays on the other side of me, wrapping his arms around both Rowan and I and squeezing me into his chest. I breathe his scent in deeply, letting it coat my lungs and calm my nerves.

"Dinner will be done in awhile." He murmurs before kissing me softly, then sitting up to kiss Rowan as well. Bennett runs his fingers through Rowan's hair and I feel Rowan's chest rumble with joy.

"I don't want to eat if it means getting up from this spot." I say defiantly. I can feel Bennett's smile curve against my cheek where he is placing gentle kisses.

"Whatever you want, little one." He whispers making me smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 141 57
Elizabeth, a young lady who was a wolf hunter as a side proffesion but a well known business woman suddenly stumbles upon a person who changes her en...
196 0 14
**** loves dancing as is great at it. After a war 12 years ago sent human kind to go extinct. Now everywhere you look is half breeds and shifters. Di...
352K 13.5K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...
476K 23.6K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...