CHANGES ๐“‡ฝ R. CAMERON

By swimming-pools-drank

Hallie Parker... Was instantly recognized as the new girl on the island. Also known as the girl who changed R... More

authors note
introduction
characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
epilogue
EXCITING UPDATE! PLZ READ! (NEW FIC)

thirteen

5.1K 69 12
By swimming-pools-drank

Rafe's POV:

I woke up to an empty bed and no Hallie.

I ended up staying with her in the guest room last night, because I honestly didn't want to sleep alone.  I know we had been attached at the hip the past several days, but now that I had gotten a piece of her, I really just couldn't get enough.

And it was killing me.

I couldn't deny I was a little sad to see that she had already left this morning, but I understood that she most likely needed some space from me.  Although, after seeing that it was almost noon, I definitely assumed that she probably just didn't want to wake me up, especially since I was going to help her later with installing the new locks.

I pulled the covers back from my waist and got up from the bed, picking up my phone that was laying on the side table.  I felt my lungs exhale as I unlocked the device, seeing a missed text from her that was three hours old.

Hal🎨

Hey Rafe, sorry for leaving so early. Sadie woke me up so I just decided to get a head start on the day. I'll call you when I'm heading home. xx

You're okay. Let me know if you need me.
xx

I sighed as I turned the device off, and made my way out of the room.  Thankfully, no one saw me leave the guest room and go across the hall to my room, because I really didn't want to deal with an interrogation.  I knew Ward wouldn't be mad or anything, I just had a feeling he would bring up the fact that I 'barely know Hallie' and I'm already sleeping in the same bed as her.

Which, I guess was the reality of it, but it didn't feel like it.  I do know her.

I threw on some clothes for the day, after taking a shower, and headed back down the stairs, only to find Ward, Rose, and Sarah waiting for me in the kitchen.  I couldn't help the frown that formed on my face at the sight of my family, because I knew exactly where this was about to go.

"So Hallie?"

See? What did I say.

"What about her?"

"You're spending a lot of time with her." Rose said as she glanced over to Sarah.

"Okay...? I still don't see a problem."

Rose looked to me when I finished, as if she was offended by my words, and that's when Ward stepped in, which was always so lovely.

"Rafe, it's not that we don't like her, okay? I actually really think this girl would be good for you.  I'm honestly just a little worried.  I mean, her mom isn't even here to help her today with going to talk to the police."

I only nodded.  At least this wasn't going south. Well, not yet.

"Is it usually just her alone in that house?"

I didn't want to even answer his question, but I knew if I didn't then he would just pester me until I gave him what he wanted.

"Yeah, but she's almost 19. She's a big girl and handles herself just fine.  I've only been going over there because her mom asked me to just make sure she's okay."

Rose opened her mouth before my dad could even get a response out, "Going over there? Rafe, you haven't been home in days."

There it was. I knew this conversation was gonna take a turn at some point.

"Okay? You let Sarah run around with Topper for days on end, so what's the issue?"

Sarah gave me a look, but I just shrugged, not caring to bring her into the conversation.  She never gets in trouble.

"This isn't about Sarah, Rafe. I just think you should probably lay off being alone with her so much, or bring her over here. I'm sure her mom doesn't appreciate you being over there all the time."

God, Rose always knew how to piss me off. She doesn't even have the slightest knowledge on what Hal would prefer, or that her mom would rather Hallie be home anyways and let me stay over there with her.

"You don't even know what you're talking about Rose. Hallie's mom might stay gone, but that doesn't mean that she isn't updated almost every hour on what we're doing. She literally told me on the phone last night that she was glad I had been staying with Hal since she couldn't be home. I know you're trying to play parent right now, but I'm not stupid. If her mom didn't want me over there, I wouldn't be, okay? So drop it."

I watched as Rose and Ward's faces fell at my words, but I could care less. It wasn't like I was lying, all of that was the truth and nothing but. They could honestly be as mad as they wanted to be, at this point.

If I felt like Hallie or her mom wanted me out of their house, I would leave in a heart beat, but I had received nothing but love from them both, meaning that they obviously seemed to like my presence. I wasn't about to be somewhere that I wasn't welcome, and of all people, Ward and Rose should know that. Especially since last summer, I practically moved out because they hated when I was at home.

I couldn't even stay there any longer and talk to them, not wanting to encourage anymore of an argument, instead I just turned on my heel and went back upstairs. I grabbed a bag and piled some extra clothes inside, along with some other things, before heading back to my bedroom door.

Just as time would have it, my phone started to ring and Hallie's name was popped up on my screen.

Thank God.

"Hey Hal."

I could hear her talking to Sadie through the phone, "Sadie sit, please. Sorry Rafe she heard your voice through the car and now she's losing it."

I laughed as I heard Hallie's dog start barking, obviously I wasn't helping.

"Hold on."

Not even a few seconds later, I hear her voice a little clearer come through the phone, leading me to assume that she must have taken the call off the bluetooth.

"Anyways, I'm so sorry."

"You're fine, did you get everything taken care of?"

"Yes! Thankfully. I actually ran into JJ at the hardware place and he helped me pick out the locks. It went well with the cops too, my mom just has to go by and sign the form when she comes back this weekend."

Here comes Maybank once again, trying to take a shot at Hallie, most likely.  I couldn't get jealous, because I know where the girl stood with me obviously, but I would be lying if I said I loved the fact that she was friends with him.

It's not my business though, and I need to remember that.

We're not dating, and even if we were, I shouldn't be one to control who she hangs out with, as much as I wish I could, mainly when it came to JJ. I trusted Hallie though, and I know that if she was looking to get with Maybank, then she definitely wouldn't be spending the majority of her time with me.

God, Rafe. You overthink everything.

"That's good Hal, I'm glad you got it all figured out."

"Thanks! Okay, so I'm on the way home now, and I figured I could make us lunch?"

"That sounds perfect, do you want me to head your way?"

"Yeah, sure."

After she finished, I didn't waste any more time grabbing my bag again and heading out the door.  I kept the phone in between my shoulder and ear as I walked through the house to get my keys, not wanting to run into Ward and Rose once again.

"Sorry, I'm walking out the door now but I'll see you in a minute."

"Okay, see you."

I pulled the device from my ear and stuffed it into my pocket before getting in my truck.  After pulling out of my driveway, I came to a stop at Hallie's not even ten minutes later, and saw that she had obviously just gotten home.  She had a bunch of bags in her hands and Sadie on her leash; therefore, I jumped out of truck, not even thinking about anything else, and rushed over to the front door to help her. 

"Here will you grab my keys, they're in my back pocket."

"Yeah."

She turned to where her hip was facing me and I saw her keys poking out of the fabric of her jeans.  I couldn't deny that I was definitely looking at her butt, which thankfully she didn't notice, as I reached to get what she asked for.  After retrieving them, I stuck them in the door to unlock it and we made our way inside.

"Do you have a preference for lunch?"

"Not really," I watched as she sat the bags down on the counter while I closed the door back, "Make whatever you want Hal, I'm not picky."

She nodded, and I could tell she definitely had something on her mind that she wanted to make, so I'm glad I didn't have to decide.

As she started to grab some things out of the pantry, I heard her voice start talking to me again, "You know, as nice as that JJ guy is, he's way too flirty for my liking."

I couldn't agree more Hal.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, I went out on I think John B's boat, a while back, and I don't know.  He was just a little too close to me, especially when they brought me home.  Then today, he put his arm around me as I'm trying to leave.  I was just confused to say the least."

She came back into the kitchen as she finished her words, and met my gaze.

"Yeah, he's never really been my favorite, and I don't think I'm his either."

"Ohhhh." She smiled, "Well, I guess he's probably just trying to make you a little jealous then."

She circled around the kitchen island and came over to where I was standing, wrapping her arms around me.

"I think you're right."

I smiled at her and let my fingers run up to the side of her face, as she opened her mouth once again.

"Is he doing a good job?"

"You don't even know angel."

I watched as a smirk fell on her face with my response, and I couldn't deny that I was really liking whatever side of her this was.

"Hmm. Maybe, we should give him a little taste of his own medicine."

"Oh really?"

Instead of answering me, I felt her arms snake around my neck, her nails poking in the skin slightly, and she pulled my down to her level.  I didn't even hesitate to collide my mouth with hers the second I saw her gaze drop down then back up.

She most definitely knew how to get me worked up, and I knew what she was doing when her teeth latched into my bottom lip, pulling it out.  I couldn't even help the cry that escaped from my mouth at the sensation, and that was when she finally let go, looking at me already with innocent eyes.

Yeah, I definitely liked whatever game she was playing right now.

"Do you think that made him jealous?"

I just scoffed at her words, "I think he would be more than jealous if he saw that Hal."

"Good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 4.8K 67
๐–จ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—๐—ˆ ๐—†๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ป๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—„๐–พ๐—‡ ๐–ฏ๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ, ๐—๐—๐–บ๐— ๐–บ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—†๐–บ๐–ฝ๐—…๐—’ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐–พ๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—‰๐–พ...
1.2K 22 23
Since her mother's passing she felt alone and drifting against the tide. But he made her feel grounded. A fight between addiction and love, she wan...
4.6K 19 18
Rafe Cameron x reader oneshots and imagines. Doesn't necessarily follow the plot of outer banks. Comment if you have any requests x
353K 4.5K 81
Kayla Smith was in love with a Kook, but after they broke up. She started to fall for a pogue. Rafe still has feelings for her and is trying to win h...