Tmnt/ MLP/ Sonic: Empires

By Elexa_Ruby

Years ago, there were eight kingdoms around Equestria: The Moonstone Mountains, The Scorching Deserts, The Ic... More

The New Heroes
The Sorceress Of The Moonstone Mountains
The Empress Of The Scorching Deserts
The Princess Of The Ice Kingdom
The Popstar Of The Sparkling Oceans
The Sheriff Of Applelosa
The Druid Of The Enchanted Forest
The Chief Of The Aviary Jungles
The Alchemist Of The Mystic Swamps
Enter The Footclan & Sirens
The Grand Galloping Gala
A Slave Trade Rescue
Healing Leo
Meeting Raph
Princess Of Ice Meets Changeling
Two Happy Sea Buddies
Meeting Each Other Again
Sudden Meet In The Woods
A Sudden Ambush & Meet
Rescue Mission
We Don't Talk About Shredder
The School Of Friendship
What Is Love?
A Night Under The Stars
Understanding Themselves More
Learning To Fit In
The Wicked Prince Blueblood
A Mermaid In Love
The Cowgirl And The Cowboy
Something There
Threatening Message From The Dazzlings
Enter Crystal Prep
Motivation For The Friendship Games
Wondercolts Meet Shadowbolts
The Academic Decathlon
The Quad-Cross Relay

Prologue

549 8 12
By Elexa_Ruby

A long time ago, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two sisters who ruled together, and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest sister, Princess Celestia, raised the moon to make way for the sun of dawn, while the younger sister, Princess Luna, brought out the moon to begin the night, thus the two sisters maintained balance for all the land, including for their subjects.

But Equestria wasn't always in harmony, as time went on, the younger sister became resentful, she felt jealous that everyone slept in the night instead of relishing it's beauty, one faithful day, the younger sister refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn

The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart, transformed her into a wicked monster of darkness: Nightmare Moon, she vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night.

Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most power magic known in history: The Elements of Harmony, using the magic of the Elements Of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister, and banished her to the moon for one thousand years, so Celestia took on the duty of raising both the sun and moon, and helping the other ponies to thrive in harmony.

But a thousand years later, Nightmare Moon returned and promised to make Equestria live in eternal night, while Celestia wasn't here to stop it, eight ancient heroes went and used the Elements Of Harmony to restore Luna back to normal, Luna was able to reform herself and Celestia and Luna were able to rule the land with harmony.

The story begins in a place known as the Hollow Shades, a small town with a small population, the villagers were going about they're day by talking to each other, and selling some stuff in the markets.

Suddenly, three floating creatures arrived as they looked at the village with an evil smirk, the creatures had a horse like appearance with the lower body of a fish and the upper body of a horse, they had fish like gills, a fish like dorsal fin, sharp teeth and a red gemstone on their chest. These creatures were also in different colors, one was yellow, one was purple and the other was blue, these creatures were known as Sirens, vicious creatures that use their songs as a way to spread negative energy towards others, and feed off of their negative energy.

As the sirens began singing their song, most of the townspeople started arguing and fighting with each other, the more they fought, the more negative energy that the sirens gain.

"That's about enough trouble as you can make!" A voice said as the sirens stopped singing and looked to see nine people, who stood on a hill top while glaring at them with anger.

The first one was an elderly man with white hair with grey streaks, along with a beard, had blue eyes, wore a blue wizard hat with a yellow star and moon pattern, a blue robe with yellow star and moon patterns, a blue cloak with yellow star and moon patterns, dark blue pants and purple shoes, he was known as Starswirl the Bearded, a powerful Wizard with advanced sorcery.

The second one was a middle aged man with ginger hair and a short orange beard, moss green eyes, golden armor chest plate, brown shirt, a red cape, gold leg armor, brown pants and gold armored boots, he also carried a golden sword wnd had red dragon wings too, he was known as Kai, a Pyromancer with advanced fire magic, and the ability to become a dragon.

The third one was an elderly woman with pale grayish malachite green hair with grayish Arctic blue streaks that also fades to grey, light grayish cerulean blue eyes, wore a grayish arctic blue hanfu dress, white socks and wooden sandals, she was known as Mistmane, an ice sorceress that was once a young and beautiful woman, but gave up her beauty in order to safe her friend from corruption.

The fourth one was a young Egyptian woman with straight and short dark Arctic blue hair with turquoise treats, violet eyes, wore a golden crown with a white veil on it, a white silk dress with silk shawl sleeves, wore a gold necklace with green jewels, had blue fish gills as ears, and had a gold anklet, she was known as Sonambula, a mermaid who saved her village from an evil sea sphinx.

The fifth one was a muscular middle aged man with gambols colored hair with light gold streaks, along with a strand of it braided, with a short beard too, had blue eyes, wore a brown wool vest, a brown belt, a brown strap on with a silver coin on it, brown bandaged wristbands, dark brown pants and brown bandaged boots, he was known as Rockhoof, he's a mighty warrior that magically became strong, so strong that he was able to save his village from a volcano, he also has advanced rock magic.

The sixth one was a young woman with pink and scarlet hair tied up into a high braid, had turquoise eyes, wore a white headband, a white sleeveless top, a brown necklace, a long green skirt, held a healing mask and wore brown sandals, she was known as Mage Meadowbrook, a healer that managed to find a cure for a disease known as swamp fever.

The seventh one was a young man with red hair, turquoise eyes, wore a silver knight helmet, a red side cape, a silver armor chest plate, a silver shirt, silver armored kilt and brown strapped sandals, he also had a pair of grey wings on his back, he was known as Flash Magnus, a royal guard that used his bravery to save his friends from a bunch of evil dragons.

The eighth one was a middle aged overweight woman with dark skin, short black hair, had silver markings on her face, had mint green eyes, wore a pair of silver earring, a purple and mint green beaded necklace, a purple high neck crop top, a purple silk skirt, a brown belt, silver marks on her arms and legs and a silver bead anklet, she was known as Mama Greta, a shaman with advanced spells magic who's also good at brewing potions.

And the last one was a short young man with cerulean and Arctic blue hair, azure blue eyes, had a pale complexion, wore a black shawl, a white long sleeve shirt with a brown buttoned up vest, green pants and brown boots, he was known as Stygian, an ally to Starswirl and scholar who studies magic.

Together, Stygian found eight of these people, and the abilities that they each had, so he brought them together and they became known as: The Pillars, ancients heroes destined to save the world from evil.

"Quickly everyone! Defend our country and our people!" Stygian said as all nine of them went out into battle.

Flash Magnus and Kai flew up to the sirens as he smirked. "Hey fish brains! You guys think you're so strong with your melodic singing? We'll see if you can catch me!" Magnus said as he smirked and blew his tongue at him.

As the sirens became irritated by this, the sirens chased after Magnus and Kai, with Rockhoof's earth magic and Mama Greta's splash potions of harm, they were able to weaken the sirens a little bit, which gave Mistmane, Meadowbrook, Stygian and Sonambula enough time for them to escort most of the townspeople to safety.

Starswirl got out his spell book, recited a spell and created a portal that opened a gateway to Tartarus, a prison where the most dangerous and most cynical beings stay trapped, where the prison was guarded by three headed dog known as Cerberus.

So Magnus and Kai flew over to the portal, and as they quickly flew up, the sirens accidentally went through the gateway to Tartarus and were trapped there forever.

As Starswirl closed the portal, everyone stopped fighting and cheered for the Pillars for how they saved them, Stygian felt proud of this, but then he noticed that the townspeople didn't pay attention to Stygian and instead went over to Starswirl and the others.

"Oh, Starswirl, your magic incredible!" One of the townspeople said as she smiled.

"And your flying is amazing!" One of the townspeople said he complemented Kai and Magnus.

"You're my hero Rockhoof!" A small child said to Rockhoof as he smiled. "I wanna be just like you when I grow up! So I can be big and strong!"

"It takes more than size to be strong young lad." Rockhoof said to the young child as he chuckled with a smile.

"Let's hold a celebration!" Mistmane said as she cheered.

As everyone went with the Pillars to celebrate their victory, Stygian was left behind as he felt a little envious that none of the townspeople payed attention to him. "B-But what about me?..." Stygian asked as he looked at the townspeople.

The Pillars and the townsfolk didn't bother giving them attention, and focused more on planning for the festivities, seeing everyone pay more attention to the Pillars and not him, made him feel left out, he felt hurt and unwanted.

At the night of the celebration, the festivities has already been planned and everyone was joining around for both games, music and some famous old tales that some of the pillars told them.

Then, the townspeople gathered for a feast that was held by Rockhoof, as they served the kingdom with roast hog, baked potatoes, various fruits and vegetables, grape juice and some various pastries.

"Thank you kindly for your help with the festivities." Starswirl said as he looked at the townsfolk. "Let us have a toast, for all the fun that we've had tonight as one, as both friends and family."

"As Friends and Family!" Everyone said as they raised their glasses for a toast.

Then, as majestic music played, everyone began dancing as the Pillars enjoyed all the happiness that they spent together, songs were sang, people enjoyed the feast and there were times that Mama Greta and Rockhoof told some old stories to some of the children that begged them to tell another story, it seemed like nothing could ruin this happy moment.

Suddenly, they heard a loud crash, the pillars and the townsfolk noticed that some sort of hooded bandit that was holding a sack that contained some of the pillars' magical items, but the sadk was torn up and items fell out of the sack, such as Starswirl's spell book, Kai's golden sword, Mistmane's flower, Sonambula's blindfold, Rockhoof's shovel, Meadowbrook's healing mask, Magnus's shield and Mama Greta's staff.

"Hey! That thief's trying to steal our items!" Magnus shouted as he looked at the thief.

"Stop him!" Starswirl ordered as the pillars went after the thief.

With much speed as they could, the thief ran away from the pillars and was heading towards a ring of eight ancients stones, as the Pillars were getting closer to the thief, the thief suddenly tripped onto and rock, fell to the ground and dropped the items.

The hooded figure was revealed to be Stygian, much to everyone's shock. "Stygian!?" Starswirl said as he was shocked to see that Stygian was the one that stole the items from them.

The pillars gasped in shock as the saw Stygian, even the townsfolk were shocked by this. "Stygian? What is the meaning of this?" Meadowbrook asked as she was in shock. "Why have you taken our items?"

"If Mama Greta didn't know better, I think he was taking the items so that he could take the power for himself." Mama Greta said in third person as she seemed suspicious.

"What? No of course not! I'd never do that!" Stygian said as he tried to explain. "I have a good explanation for this."

"So all this time, you've gathered us together so that you could steal our artifacts and steal our magic?" Magnus asked as he felt suspicious.

"No, trust me, I am not doing any of that." Stygian said as he tried to explain.

"I want to believe you, but this oddly seems like you've been wanting to steal our abilities because you felt jealous of our abilities."Kai said as he felt suspicious.

"Wait, that isn't what it looks like! I can explain!" Stygian said as he tried to explain.

"I'm sorry Stygian..." Starswirl said as he grabbed his spell book and opened the portal to Tartarus, two guards then came out of the portals as they were a bit confused, Starswirl then turned to them. "Take him to the prison of Tartarus, and keep a close eye on him."

So the guards took Stygian and sent him to the prison of Tartarus, as Starswirl closed the portal, Sonambula felt that maybe what they were doing to him was too much, and that she wanted to hear Stygian's side of the story.

"Come friends, we shall continue with the festivities." Starswirl said to the other Pillars as they went back to the village.

As they were walking, Flash Magnus and Meadowbrook noticed Sonambula feeling a bit down. "Something wrong Sonambula?" Meadowbrook asked Sonambula.

"It's just, I felt maybe what we did wasn't as right as we thought it was." Sonambula said in an Egyptian accent as she frowned.

"I'm sorry Sonambula, but sometimes even we have to make decisions that could hurt us on the inside." Flash Magnus said as he frowned.

"It just doesn't seem right..." Sonambula said as she felt guilty.

Meadowbrook then thought of something. "Hey, how about later, tomorrow, me, you and Magnus can head to Tartarus to pay Stygian a visit." Meadowbrook said as she smiled. "And maybe let Stygian tell his side of the story."

Sonambula smiled a little as she seemed to like that option. "Well, okay then." Sonambula said as she smiled a little.

So Meadowbrook, Sonambula and Flash Magnus asked Starswirl if he could let them go to Tartarus to pay Stygian a visit tomorrow, luckily they were able to get a yes from Starswirl, but he told them that they had to make sure that they're careful and to make sure that they'll be back soon.

Meanwhile, back in Tartarus, two of the guards were dragging Stygian as they were looking for a cell for him to stay in, they then walked over to another guard. "Hey sir, where should we put this guy?" One of the guards asked.

"Eh, maybe have him in a cell next to those mischievous sirens." The other guard said to the two of them as they then took Stygian to a cell that was next to the sirens. "You be good okay, and don't try any funny business."

So as Stygian was locked up, the guards walked away, Stygian went over to the cell door and tried to get the door to open, but wasn't successful. "Please, this is a misunderstanding! I didn't do anything wrong!" Stygian said as he pleaded.

"That's what they all say."One of the guards said as he rolled his eyes.

So as the guards left, Stygian was left heartbroken, the Pillars, the closest and only friends that he had, imprisoned him in Tartarus and was left alone in a cell.

"Why...why would they do this to me?...." Stygian thought out loud as he started to tear up from how his friends treated him.

"Aw, what's the matter?" A voice asked, it almost sounded like Stygian's voice. "Too heartbroken from the betrayal of your own friends?"

"Wh-who said that?" Stygian asked as he looked around while feeling nervous.

Stygian then turned around and noticed a strange figure, it was a shadowy creature that took the shape of Stygian and his eyes were black white. "Your inner darkness, that's who?" The shadow said as he smirked.

"My-My what?" Stygian asked as he was shocked to see what was in front of him.

"I'm all your negative feelings wrapped into one, your envy, your anger and your loneliness." The shadow said as he smirked. "I am the real you."

"What? That can't be true, you can't be real." Stygian said as he tried to defend himself.

"You say that but you're more than just a scrawny little scholar." The shadow said as he smirked. "I've seen the way you look at your friends and how jealous you've been at them."

"True, I felt a bit envious when everyone paid more attention to them than me, but they were still my friends." Stygian said as he frowned.

"Would a true friend take their artifacts and try to use them behind their backs?" The shadow asked as he smirked.

"I wasn't trying to steal their artifacts, I was wanting to borrow their items so that I could make copies of them, so that I could fight alongside them and finally be noticed." Stygian said as he frowned.

"And yet here you are, banished by your own best friends, the ones that you gathered to make them heroes." The shadow said as he smirked. "I bet they weren't worthy of being heroes from the start, but you can do so much better than them, you can be the one everyone will notice, with the Pillars out of the way, you'll no longer be an outcast, all you have to do...is get rid of them..."

Stygian became shocked of this. "Get rid of them...but I can't..."He said as he didn't felt like wanting to hurt them any more than he has now.

"Do you really want to be the scrawny guy no one would talk to? Do you want to be joke? Aren't you sick and tired of those hoodlums paying more attention to a couple of fakes than you?" The shadow asked as Stygian lowered his head and thought of it. "Come on, all you have to do, is let me help you, and together, we shall show them our true potential, and make them regret that they banish you..."

Stygian thought of it for a moment, he thought that since he still felt hurt from the way that the pillars treated him, this could be a way for him to finally be noticed, so he slowly shook the shadow's hand as it smirked.

So the shadow went inside Stygian, causing him to feel immense pain in his heart, suddenly, due to so much negative energy that the shadow had inside of it, Stygian started to transform, causing him to turn into an equine like beat with a monstrous horn, a shadowed chest crest, flowing black mane and tail, shadow like hooves and shadow like wings, his size also grew too.

As he was now some sort of shadow monster, he was able to get out of the cell, and laughed manically. "Oh yes, I can definitely get used to this!" The creature said as he evilly smirked. "From this moment on, I shall be known as...the Pony Of Shadows!!!"

The guards noticed the beast and became panicked. "A monstrous creature! Attack!!" One of the guards said as the guards then charged at the Pony Of Shadows.

He smirked as with his advanced magic and size, he was able to defeat them by using his horn to shoot the guards, causing them to become paralyzed, he laughed evilly as he used his magic to free all the other creatures on Tartarus, including the Sirens.

"Arise creatures of darkness! Arise! Go free and reek havoc upon Equestria!!" The Pony Of Shadows Said as he chuckled evilly.

One of the guards managed to escape Tartarus and quickly ran to go and find some help, he ran as fast as he could to a kingdom that was placed on the top of a mountain with a waterfall, this place was known as Canterlot, a wealthy place where the most wealthy and most royal people attend.

Inside the castle of Canterlot, was a throne room as two women were in there chatting with some of the castle guards, one of them had light cerulean, light turquoise, pale light cobalt blue and pale heliotrope pink hair with violet eyes, wore a golden crown with a purple jewel on it, a golden necklace with a purple jewel, a white silk dress, a gold belt, golden shoes and had a pair of white wings, she was known as Princess Celestia, one of the two rulers of Equestria.

The other one was someone that looked to be younger than Celestia, she had sapphire blue hair with a few sparkles on it, moderate cyan eyes, wore a black crown with a crescent moon on it, a dark blue silk dress with a black necklace, a black belt, silver shoes and a pair of black wings, she was known as Princess Luna.

Suddenly, they were interrupted when the guard from Tartarus arrived at their throne room. "Emergency! Emergency!" The guard said as he panicked.

"What's wrong?" Celestia asked as she became concerned.

"The-The prisoners from Tartarus, they've escaped!!!" The guard said in fear.

Celestia and Luna were shocked by this, no creature has been able to break out of a cell as strong as Tartarus. "That can't be! Tartarus is known for having the strongest cells, no one should be able to escape something like that!" Luna said as she frowned.

"But this creature that caused this is no ordinary creature." The guard said as he frowned. "He was an equine like creature with the body of a shadow, and he was big too."

"Alright, we'll be there as soon as we can." Celestia said and Luna were about to leave, but were stopped by one of the castle guards, as they entered the throne room with the same panicked expression.

"Princess! The creatures of Tartarus have started to invade both Canterlot and the town of Mystonia!" The guard said as he panicked.

"Oh dear, sister what are we gonna do about this?" Luna asked as she became worried.

Celestia sighed as she then thought of something. "I'll head to Mystonia and protect the villagers, Luna, I entrust you to head to Canterlot and help the citizens find safety." Celestia said as Luna understood. "And I'll send a message to the pillars about what's going on."

"Understood sister." Luna said as she flew off to Canterlot to help the citizens, while Celestia wrote a note to the pillars and warned them of what's happening.

Soon after, everyone started preparing for battle, Celestia went to Mystonia to save the villagers while Luna was helping the others in Canterlot, with the Pillars, they grabbed their items and went over to Tartarus to face off against the Pony Of Shadows.

As they arrived, they were horrified to see that to see that what Celestia said was right, all of the creatures from Tartarus have escaped. "Whoever this creature was, they've already released some of the worst fiends known in history." Mistmane said as she was worried.

"Keep your guard everyone, this creature could be anywhere." Starswirl said as he looked around. "Whoever you are, show yourself and face us!"

Just then, evil laughter was heard, coming out of the darkness was the Pony Of Shadows himself. "Welcome Pillars, such a pleasure to see you, for the last time!" The Pony Of Shadows said as he evilly smirked.

Sonambula knew that voice sounded familiar and gasped in horror as she know who this creature was. "Stygian?" Sonambula asked. "It's that you?"

"Ah, how clever of you to remember me." The Pony Of Shadows said as he smirked. "I was once a scrawny little nobody known as Stygian, but when you turned your backs on me, I discovered a force that I never knew I had, it gave me such a great power that not even I could imagine, the shadow and I became one, soon, all the realm will be the same, then all creatures and humans will feel the same pain I felt, when you cast me out!!"

"We did what we had to do! You tried to steal our abilities for yourself!" Starswirl said as he frowned.

"No it was you that was foolish! But now, you will pay!!" He said as he used his horn to blast a power blast, but the Pillars managed to dodge it.

"Places everyone! We know exactly how to end this!" Starswirl said as he got out a purple jewel and his spell book.

"Right." Most of the pillars said as they got their items, along with the elements of harmony.

"Empathy!" Mama Greta said as she got out her staff and a mint green jewel as she glowed mint green.

"Bravery!" Flash Magnus said as he got out his shield and a blue Crystal as he glowed blue.

"Healing!" Meadowbrook said as she got out her mask and a yellow jewel as she glowed yellow.

"Strength!" Rockhoof said as he got out his shovel and an orange jewel as he glowed orange.

"Hope!" Sonambula said as she got out a blindfold and a pink jewel as she glowed pink.

"Beauty!" Mistmane said as she got out her flower and a white jewel as she glowed white.

"Peace!" Kai said as he got out his golden sword and a red jewel as he glowed red.

"Sorcery!" Starswirl said as he held the jewel and spell book and glowed purple. "With these items, we shall banish you back from where you came!"

So with the items together, they used a powerful magic blast to blast at the Pony Of Shadows, causing him to scream in agony, but when the blast was done, the Pillars were horrified to see that the Pony Of Shadows was still standing, and that the elements didn't work.

"What?...." Starswirl said as he was horrified.

The Pony Of Shadows noticed he was still alive and was impressed. "Ah, Stygian's negative energy was even stronger than I thought, combining as one has made me more powerful than the Pillars themselves!" He said as he laughed evilly.

"No...it can't be..." Meadowbrook said as she shook in fear.

The Pony Of Shadows then grabbed Starswirl and pulled him closer to him. "Turns out your magic isn't as strong as you thought it was, huh Starswirl." The Pony Of Shadows said evilly. "Now, I shall make you feel the same pain I felt!"

So he then used his horn and started draining Starswirl's magic, causing him to scream in agony, the Pillars were horrified of this. "No! If this continues, he'll not only steal his magic, but also his life source!" Kai said as his pupils shrunk. "We need to protect Starswirl!"

So the Pillars charged at The Pony Of Shadows, he just smirked as he then used his wing to push the Pillars away, as he kept draining Starswirl's magic, he also drained the magic of the other Pillars too, causing Rockhoof to revert into a normal sized man.

After Starswirl's magic was drained, he let out a silent scream in agony and became motionless, the creature then dropped Starswirl onto the ground, causing him to become lifeless.

"Starswirl!!!" Sonambula said as the other pillars rushed to Starswirl, Meadowbrook checked his pulse. "Is he alright!?"

"He's...he's...dead..." Meadowbrook said as she couldn't find a pulse.

"No...no...please..." Sonambula said as she fell to her knees and started to cry a few tears.

"You...you monster!!!" Flash Magnus said to the Pony Of Shadows. "How could you have done this!?! Killing us is not gonna fix what happened to you!!"

The Pony Of Shadows smirked as he didn't care that much, he then blasted them again, luckily they were able to dodge it. "That's not gonna solve anything! We failed our leader, and with him dead, we can't use the elements!" Kai said to Magnus.

"But he can't get away with this!" Flash Magnus said in anger.

"Don't worry, he won't..."Kai said as he looked at the creature with anger.

As the ground started to crumbled from the magic blast, the Pony Of Shadows smirked. "Well, I got what I came for, now I must head off to Canterlot!" He said as he flew but was stopped by the pillars as they used their elements to keep him trapped. "What!?"

"You may have stolen our magic, but we die here, we're taking you with us!" Rockhoof said as he used the last of his magic to keep the Pony Of Shadows held.

So with the remaining magic that they had left, the Pillars used a magical jar to keep the creature locked up, and used a powerful seal on it to make sure no one else could open the jar, so the Pillars placed the jar in one of the cells of Tartarus, their magic was loss, causing them to feel tired and pass out, and then....the floor crumbled into the ground....causing the pillars to disappear...forever...

(Phew, this took me so long for me to make, I hope you enjoy this new story that I made for you!)

My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro

Mama Greta and Kai belong to me

To be continued. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 162 25
On this adventure, it's nothing like we've seen before! Something strange is going on with a new girl that Sunset Shimmer and The Main Six meet, who...
490 97 16
To victory, we march, breaking oppression's chain, Till the dawn of shadows heralds our reign. **** Akeshia used to be a place where mages, hunters...
4.1K 88 9
Please don't kill me for this!! King Sombra x Flurryheart This takes part in between the battle of king Sombra and my own sort of universe, this is...
2.5K 80 8
Twilight Sparkle and her friends Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Starlight Glimmer, and Spike have faced many threats in Equ...