The Farm Life Of a "Fool"

By Haisizlien

TRANSMIGRATION: THE FARM LIFE OF A "FOOL" Xu Ran has been working in a company for two years after graduating... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Side 1-2
Side 3-4
Side 5-6
Side 7-8
Side 9-10
Side 11-12
Side 13-14
Side 15-16
Side 17-18
Side 21-22
Side 23-25

Side 19-20

1K 33 4
By Haisizlien

In truth, Shen Qingling knew very little about the Spring Test. He was once the prime minister's son and the prince's reading partner. When the crown prince ascended to the throne, he was assigned a modest role and gradually rose to his current position. 

He didn't have much experience to share with Tangtang, and Tangtang didn't care. 

They didn't talk much about the Spring Test because no one could say anything about it now. Wang Yi, on the other hand, was guessing Shen Qingling's identity, so he didn't say much. During the meal, it was really silent.

After dinner, they separated. Wang Yi and his partner went back to their own home, Tangtang and Guoguo went back to their courtyard, while Shen Qingling said that he had nothing to do, so he also went to the yard with them. What he meant that Tangtang needed to have a rest but Guoguo could play with him.

Tangtang didn't say anything. Shen Qingling was the owner of the courtyard, so no one could say anything if he wanted to come to his courtyard, let alone they were still friends.

After he went back, Tangtang stood in the yard for a while to help digestion and then went to sleep so that he wouldn't doze off during the afternoon test.

After Tangtang left, Shen Qingling walked over to Guoguo and asked him, "Are you going to go back after the list is released?"

Guoguo nodded. "That's our plan. We need to go to Yanzhou to accomplish something. It will take a long time for us to communicate. Besides, even if my brother passes the exam, he is unlikely to desire to be a capital official. Because my father does not want to relocate. If my brother is the capital official, he will be alone here."

After hearing Guoguo's words, Shen QingLing was stunned and said, "I already guessed it would be like this, but I still feel a little unwilling! If you can leave later, I might think of a way that everyone can be happy about."

Guoguo spread out his hands and said. "This is impossible. You can't follow my brother even if he stayed in the capital for a little longer. After all, you won't be able to join our family anytime soon, and my brother won't be able to join yours. Who made your father-in-law so obnoxious? My brother and I have always cherished our childhood memories."

Tangtang couldn't join Shen's family even without his unpleasant father-in-law, Guoguo didn't mention. Dad would never agree, and his brother would never go against Dad's wishes. 

Shen Qingling was irritated just thinking about his irritating father-in-law, let alone the fact that others were observing him. Tangtang would be wronged if he came to their house in the future, not to mention that he was a boy, not a childe. 

Shen Qingling thought that having a relationship was so troublesome, it would be better if he didn't traverse back then.

Of course, this kind of thing was not his choice, he was just thinking about it.

Shen Qingling sighed. "Looks like I have to hurry up. Otherwise, who knows when we'll meet next time?"

Guoguo smiled but said nothing. His brother had never considered it in this light before. Shen Qingling still had a long journey ahead of him! The Spring Test consisted of two subjects per day for three days. Shen Qingling came over every day throughout the Spring Test and was exceedingly attentive. 

Tangtang even asked Guoguo if something had prompted him after Shen QingLing left. Guoguo couldn't help but laugh at the time. He shielded Shen Qingling and stated that all he wanted to do was make friends with him.

However, Shen QingLing was mercilessly mocked by Guoguo the next day. Shen QingLing started to reflect on whether he had used the wrong method.

He asked Guoguo, "Aren't you married? Tell you how you managed to get your husband back then."

Guoguo thought about it seriously and then said to Shen Qingling, "It was him who went after me,so I don't know how to pursue someone. You'd better figure it out for yourself!"

Shen Qingling didn't get the answer from Guoguo, so he focused his attention on his brother. After hearing Shen Qingling's words, Shen Qingfei looked at him like he was looking at an idiot. Then he said, "Don't forget that you're not the only one who isn't married. If I have the ability, would I still be unmarried?"

Shen Qingling was speechless for a moment.

And suddenly, before he realized it, his brother had vanished. Clearly, his brother did not want to marry and be tied down. As a result, whenever a matchmaker came to offer a marriage, his brother would find an excuse to flee. That was the main reason he was still single, didn't you think? 

Shen Qingling was currently convinced that he was an idiot. People in love were thought to have a zero IQ, but he was in no position to be in love. 

At most, it was unrequited love, and his IQ had already dropped to this level. How unhappy would he be if he truly fell in love?

 Shen Qingling was concerned about the future.

What if the Emperor refused to appoint him as minister due to his low IQ? He'd be unemployed as a result. He'd never been able to get Tangtang, and his miserable position of being out of job would make it even more difficult.

Shen Qingling felt bitter just thinking about it.

He strolled about the home, trying to think of a solution. People who have never experienced love have suffered! There was no way to track down persons. 

The methods he remembered others using were similarly impossible to be employed due to a scarcity of materials and restrictive conditions now, so he had to devise new methods.

 Someone from the palace arrived before Shen Qingling could come up with a solid proposal. The Emperor had stated that he will visit the palace to discuss the Spring Test.

Shen Qingling was also aware of the Emperor's thoughts. After all, he had only been enthroned for a little more than two years, and the power of the court was not entirely in his hands. 

He naturally wanted to identify a few people who could be valuable to him now that it was the examination that happened every three years. 

Aside from the capital's aristocratic ancestors, there were a lot of impoverished students who came to participate in the Spring Test, and these poor students had no friends or factions. 

Of course, the most capable were the ones the parties wanted to recruit, and the Emperor was no exception.

In truth, Shen QingLing believed that it was not only underprivileged pupils who could be exploited. Although these kids had read a lot of books and performed well on their examinations, they were far from as sophisticated as the capital's aristocratic students. 

The environment was a major aspect that had a significant impact. Not all of the capital's aristocratic ancestors were politically active. It was much easier to make good use of them than of those unfortunate students.

After all, it may only take a few years for those from poor homes to become successful, and many aristocratic descendants in the capital were able to get started right once. Of course, there were a few standouts, such as Xu Qing. 

Tangtang, in Shen Qingling's opinion, was good at everything. He was also debating whether or not to introduce Tangtang to the Emperor. 

He stated that the Emperor would undoubtedly make his move first, and that he would be aware of it when the results were revealed, but he would not be the only one who was aware of it.

If Tangtang wasn't sophisticated enough, he might offend a lot of people.

Shen Qingling wanted to protect him, but he was afraid that his dad would see through his thoughts and make a move.

Although his dad pampered him very much, he didn't think that his father would pamper him to marry a boy like him, not to mention that he might not be able to marry Tangtang.

Shen Qingling's head ached at the thought of his father's likely reaction. But no matter how much his head ached, he had to work.

Shen Qingling walked into the palace, and the Imperial Highness greeted him in the imperial study. The eunuch waiting at the door was someone close to the Emperor, as well as the palace's senior steward. "Shen Shangshu,Well, you're here. His Majesty has been waiting for you for a long time. Just get in! Don't keep the Emperor waiting," he said as soon as he saw Shen Qingling.

Was it his fault, Shen Qingling wondered? He entered the palace without delay as soon as he received the decree, even while he considered while walking. 

Normally, he would enter the palace at this rate, but he didn't notice the emperor anxiously waiting. Today, the Emperor was clearly in a bad mood. 

Shen Qingling sighed. He did not invent the Emperor. Shen Qingling went in once the eunuch opened the door. Inside, the Emperor was circling. 

His annoyed attitude reminded him of himself when he was at home, but he had no idea who the Emperor was upset with.

Just as Shen Qingling was about to kneel down to salute, the Emperor spoke up, "Come on! Don't be too courteous now. Qingling, give me an idea. These old guys in the imperial court were starting to draw people over to their side as soon as the exam was over."

Shen Qingling smiled. "Your Highness doesn't need to be impatient. It is inconvenient for them to attract people right now because their results have not yet been released. Because the exam results have not yet been released, it is unclear who will be the highest scorer in the future. Because this was the first exam since you ascended to the throne, you can name the top three. If this information spreads, the person who receives the ranking will naturally be thankful to you, and the person who want to recruit them will have to reconsider."

The Emperor considered Shen Qingling's words and concluded that they were not unreasonable. It was his first time, and no one could say anything. He could not only know who those old guys liked, but he could also find a few knowledgeable people who would be loyal to him. He'd be able to kill two birds with one stone.

The Emperor nodded. "Qingling, you're smart enough to resolve my worries with just a few words."

Shen Qingling smiled and shook his head. "My Lord, I am not wise. I've been your reading companion for many years, and I know a few things about you. Don't get upset when things go wrong, Your Majesty. The answer will come to you in a natural way. Consider the circumstances in which you came up with those thoughts previously."

As soon as the emperor heard Shen Qingling say so, he remembered that the more anxious he became, the less he could think of any good ideas.

Shen Qingling continued to say, "Your Highness, the planet is now yours, and while you do not yet have complete control, it will be yours sooner or later. You can use good officials if you have them. You don't have to be concerned about them becoming stronger as long as you can find someone to restrain them. Corrupt authorities are overly greedy, whereas honest officials are overly haughty. They're both rambunctious, but you may use both and let them restrain each other. So you don't have to do anything on your own, and all you need to do is be aware of it."

When the Emperor heard Shen Qingling's words, he sat back in his seat and said to Shen Qingling, "I'm still too naive compared to you. However, what you said is true. The world is and will be mine, and the wise officials of the world are also mine!"

The world is now yours, and while you do not yet have complete control, you will have it sooner or later. If you have good officials, you can employ them. 

You don't need to worry about them getting stronger as long as you can find someone to restrain them. Corrupt officials are excessively greedy, whereas honest officials are excessively pompous. 

They're both rowdy, but you may utilize both at the same time and let them discipline each other. So you don't have to do anything on your own; all you have to do is be attentive.

Those who lacked power did not dare to modify it, and those who did had the same idea as the Emperor. 

They didn't change it because they wanted to choose a few capable men for their own use. As a result, it turned out to be the most equitable Spring Test ever. 

Those who finished in the top ten of the written examination could take the royal examination, and the Emperor would choose the best (champion scholar or Zhuangyuan), the second (Bangyan), and the third (Bangyan) (Tanhua). 

Other people would be hired by the court based on their ranking and given the necessary official jobs, but their treatment would be inferior to that of the top three.

Except for Tangtang, all of the top ten students in the written exam were aristocratic descendants of the capital. 

Tangtang performed admirably on the exam. He finished third, not as prominently as the first, but far ahead of those who came after him. Tangtang and Guoguo went to see the ranking, but 

Shen Qingling did not accompany them. Most importantly, he was well-known among his aristocratic descendants. It would be too noticeable if he was with Tangtang. Tangtang was unimpressed when he saw his name called. He shifted his gaze to another person.

Tangtang also saw the names of their acquaintances, Wang Yi and Qi Sang. Both of them did well, one fifth and the other seventh, and both of them were in the top ten who could attend the royal examination.

After reading the name on the list, Tangtang felt that there were too many people here. He said to Guoguo, "Come on, let's go back first."

Guoguo had no objections and turned around to lead the way.

However, the two of them didn't leave quietly because one of Tangtang's acquaintances saw him and even shouted his name, "Brother Xu, Brother Xu Qing, wait, wait for me. I have something to tell you."

They were all squeezing inside, and the only people walking outside were him and Guoguo. They were very eye-catching. In addition, Wang Yi was standing behind them, so when he shouted, everyone around them knew that he was calling them.

Tangtang felt like he was suddenly being noticed by a lot of people as a result of what Wang Yi said, Xu Qing, and that a lot of people were rushing towards him.

Tangtang was displeased. Fortunately, he didn't answer when Wang Yi called him and Guoguo was telling him about it. Tangtang, too, sensed Guoguo's emotions, and Guoguo appeared to be even more sad than he was. 

It was difficult for the two of them to walk out like manner because they were already surrounded by others. Everyone around them was discussing who Xu Qing was and why they looked so similar. Someone even asked Guoguo if he was Xu Qing because he was in front of them.

The worse thing was, someone boldly went to hold Guoguo's hand and pull his clothes.

Guoguo, on the other hand, turned them all away. Guoguo didn't comprehend what these individuals were doing, but it irritated him instinctively. Guoguo became further enraged. Wang Yi eventually squeezed his way to their side, just as he was about to erupt. Guoguo glared at Wang Yi harshly and said, "Clean up the mess you made, you idiot." 

Guoguo then took Tangtang with him and flew away. Tangtang almost burst out laughing since he hadn't expected him to be this way.

After Guoguo flew out of the crowd with Tangtang, they picked an alley where no one was around and landed. After they landed, Tangtang let out a sigh of relief. "I don't know what these people are thinking. They keep pushing towards us."

Guoguo also let out a sigh of relief. "What else can they think? They just want to make friends with you. Most of them probably want to recruit you. Don't you see that all of the names in the top 10 are descendants except for you? We have heard a lot of things about these people after we arrived here."

Of course Tangtang knew it, the names of these people were familiar to him.

Tangtang said, "Alright, I don't want to get in touch with these people. If someone truly wants to compel me? If someone truly wants to compel me, I will decline the job. Isn't it true that I have to accompany you to the Shanwai tribe to pick up your husband and child?"

Guoguo didn't answer him. After all, how could they control the complicated situation of the capital?

The two of them stood silently in the alley for a while before Guoguo said, "Alright, we can go back now. There should be someone coming to annonce the good news later."

"Okay," Tangtang nodded.

Wang Yi, on the other hand, was taken aback by Guoguo's words. He had called Xu Qing at the moment to congratulate him. How could he have predicted that this call would pique so many people's interest? 

What Guoguo stated before he went, on the other hand, was the final thing he could accept. The circumstances in front of him seemed to confirm that he was as stupid as Guoguo said. Guoguo, on the other hand, fled away immediately after criticizing him, making Wang Yi's acceptance much more difficult. 

After Tangtang and Guoguo had gone, the crowd gathered to ask Wang Yi who Xu Qing was and what his background was.

Wang Yi was also annoyed by these people ang got impatient. He shouted angrily to ask them to move aside before pushing the crowd away and walking out.

Outside, Qi Sang was waiting for him. When he saw Wang Yi clumsily squeezing out of the mob, he hurriedly proceeded to take him away. 

They came to a halt after walking for a long distance and discovering that no one was following them. When the results were announced, the two of them went together, but when Wang Yi called Xu Qing, Qi Zan Sang walked away. 

He had already grabbed Wang Yi to ask him not to yell, but Wang Yi did not listen, which led to the next scenario.

Qi Sang looked at Wang Yi's disgruntled expression and asked, "What happened? Why did I see the two of them flying out of the crowd? Didn't you talk to them?"

Wang Yi looked even angrier When he heard Qi Sang's words. "Brother Xu's brother is so unbelievably arrogant. He actually said that I'm idiot!" Wang Yi gritted his teeth and said everything.

Qi Sang laughed after hearing Wang Yi's words. He said, "Wang Yi, it's not me against you. Xu's brother is really right. It is thoughtless of you to call brother Xu at that time."

Wang Yi and Qi Sang have been good friends for a long time. Wang Yi was not angry when he heard that Qi Sang also agreed with Guoguo. Instead, he got confused. He asked Qi Sang, "What did you say? Was he right to scold me?"

Qi Sang explained, "I know you called him just now because you saw Brother Xu's name, but you weren't the only one. Take a look at the top ten names; how many of them are you familiar with? But because brother Xu's name was the only one that other people didn't recognize, there must be a lot of people paying attention to him. But you simply yelled his name at him. Do you want him to be noticed by everyone?"

"Don't you know what these people were thinking? Brother Xu was not someone who liked to be in the limelight, so of course he would not like this kind of situation. Besides, Brother Xu didn't say it, but his brother said it. Even his brother couldn't stand it anymore, let alone Brother Xu. Wang Yi, you should really be thinking about it."

After hearing Qi Sang's words, Wang Yi knew that he had done something wrong, but he still couldn't accept Guoguo's words. Therefore, Wang Yi didn't say anything.

Qi Sang had known Wang Yi for many years and understood exactly what he was thinking. "Brother Xu's talent is only revealed in the royal examination, so no matter what, it won't be wrong for us to be friends with Brother Xu. You shouldn't offend him now. Let's go back now and apologize to Brother Xu after the person who announced the good news came. It is really your fault today," he comforted him.

Qi Sang had always been more open than Wang Yi, and Wang Yi also felt that what Qi Sang said made sense. He nodded without refuting, "Alright, let's go back first!"

The two people walked back side by side.

The people who were left behind returned home to report. In an instant, Xu Qing's fame went throughout the capital's aristocratic households, and he became a celebrity. Everyone knew who he was, and even the Emperor of the palace had heard of him. The Emperor also brought Shen Qingling into the palace because of his name.

When the Emperor saw Shen Qingling, he asked him without preamble, "Qingling, are you acquainted with Xu Qing who got the third place on the Spring Test List today?"

His Highness already knew about him, so Shen Qingling did not hide it. He told the truth, "I do know this person, and he is currently living in a courtyard of mine with his brother. We are on good terms. I also admire Xu Qing. He is a capable man."

Shen Qingling's words were straightforward, directly expressing his view of Tangtang.

Tangtang was also more valued by the Emperor as a result of Shen Qingling's words. The Emperor made it quite evident that Shen Qingling was not a guy who lavished praise on others. So far, he had only mentioned two people he admired: King Yan, whom he had even requested a vassal from, and Xu Qing. The person who could get Shen Qingling's favor must be quite good in the eyes of the emperor.

The Emperor began to be interested in this person, so he let Shen Qingling tell him in detail.

Shen QingLing didn't have much to say in detail. He chose only some of the things he usually talked about with Tangtang to tell the Emperor.

Tangtang had his own unique opinion. He, a modern soul, could not have thought of it. His Majesty listened to him with interest, which meant that he would definitely recruit Tangtang.

After the Emperor heard about Tangtang, he remembered that he also had a younger brother. The Emperor asked, "You know Xu Qing so well. Then how much do you know about his younger brother?"

Shen Qingling didn't want to know him, but he couldn't say anything because the Emperor was asking. "I don't know much about him, but I know he's brilliant at kung fu and is highly skilled in the military; if he goes to the battlefield, it won't be a problem for him to make meritorious contributions," Shen Qingling remarked.

The Emperor became even more interested after hearing this.

11.14.21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.5K 90
反派Alpha怀孕了 Status : 87 Chapters + 2 Extra (Completed) Author : 薄桃 Si Huaixi got bored while playing with zombies in the end times and picked up a n...
116K 7.7K 38
Jeon Jungkook n Kim Taehyung
59.4K 1.8K 180
After an explosion, You XiaoMo finds that he is now a probationary disciple of the TianXin sect. However, he is one with dubious potential, so just w...
125K 4.1K 41
Sequel to 'Merlyn's Fate'. Based on Series 3 of Merlin. When true evil plagues a seemingly hopeless destiny, friendship tethers old ghosts to haunte...