Delilah Everdeen // Finnick O...

By daisydawnnn

'It's those we love most that break us in the end' -Delilah Everdeen When the most desirable girl of Panem cr... More

CAST
WARNING
BLONDE BOMBSHELL
SMILES AT SEA
THE REAPING
WELCOME TO THE CAPITAL
PENTHOUSE PANIC
THE TRIBUTE TRAINING
EYES UP HERE BOYS
LET THE INTERVIEWS BEGIN
WELCOME, WELCOME
LET THE GAMES BEGIN
WELCOME TO THE 72ND HUNGER GAMES
MAKE THEM PAY
ARMS OF THE OCEAN
FANCY A SHOT ODAIR?
SHORT LIVED DREAMS
NO MORE TEARS
COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL
BROKEN PROMISES
LETS HEAR IT FOR THIS YEARS TRIBUTES
IN FOR A LONG NIGHT
GAME ON
NO MORE SECRETS
WATCH AND LEARN PRINCESS
ARE YOU COMING TO THE TREE?
YOU HAVE MY HEART
WELCOME TO THE 75th ANNUAL HUNGER GAMES
BLOOD IN THE WATER
CLOCK STRIKES TWELVE
THE CANNON
SUSPICIOUS MOTIVES
HERE GOES NOTHING
CONFESSIONS AND CLOCKS
HICKORY DICKORY DOCK
NEVER SAY NEVER
A/N
SCREAMS AND SORROWS

TRAIN TRAPPED

4.6K 93 68
By daisydawnnn

Delilahs POV

I had 2 peacekeepers usher me into a small room, telling me to stay put.

Yeh right, it's not like I'm going to have to fight to my death or anything ppffftt

The door busts open after a couple of minutes, my three brothers swarming me.

'You have 5 minutes' the peacekeeper nods before closing the door.

'Hey, I'm ok, I'm ok I promise' I say as they hug me not wanting to let go.

'I swear to god Maisy if I could volunteer for you I would' Noah says tears in his eyes.

'All of us would' replies Ace tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

'I swear to god, if that poor excuse for a human lays a hand on you I will force myself into that arena and end him' Blade fumes pulling at his hair.

I take his hands in mine.

'Listen if I don't make it, promise you'll all be there for each other.' I say looking at all of them.

'Don't take the grief or anger from my death out on each other, you have to promise me because there's a chance I'll never see you again.' I say as a tear rolls down my face, my hands shaking in Blades.

'Your not going to die, your coming back to us Mais. Dying is not an option, got it. Do not think like that' Blade says as his eyes stare back into my own.

'I said promise me, that you will stick together if something happens' I reply disregarding what he just said.

'We promise' they all say in sync

'Listen Maisy, you can hunt you are the only person I know who can handle a bow the way you do!' Pleads Noah his eyes wide.

'I know but so does everyone else, every district have their own talent. I'm not strong, anything hand to hand I'll fail miserably at' I say shaking my head.

The door opens and that means I won't see them again.

I bring them all into a hug

'NO DONT LEAVE ME PLEASE!' I scream as the peacekeepers pull them out of the room.

Blade punches one and rushes back to me embracing me one last time.

'Come back to us Mais, please you have to do whatever you can' he pleads as a tear of his own escapes his eye.

'I will I promise' I say

He's pulled off me

'Let me go!'

'MAISY'

We're his last words.

The door slams leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Another 2 piece keepers enter and escort me to the train, as I look up I see Blade talking to Finnick.

I'm forced into the train and once I settle my gaze I rub my eyes making sure I'm not hallucinating.

I've never seen this much food at once, stacks and stacks on golden plates. The furniture looks fit for a king chandeliers and everything.
One room on this train could feed district 4 for years. It's sad really.

An arm grabs my own and I don't move, my heart rate picking up.

'Hey, hey it's just me Rosie'

I turn around and wrap my arms around him.

'I'm going to die, I'm going to die' I repeat over and over again starting to shake.

'No your not, because I'm going to make you the most dangerous tribute in that arena, you understand?' He says taking my head in his hands, looking into my eyes.

I nod

'I'll show you your room, feel free to freshen up it will be a day before we arrive at the capital. Meet me back here once your finish' he says

I turn to find my room.

As I enter the joining ensuit, I peel off my mother's dress and hang it neatly on the clothing rack.

The shower is the most complex thing I've ever come across in my life, how can I survive the games if I can't even figure out how to work this shower?

I put a basic setting on and wash my hair with the sweet shampoo and conditioner, flicking on the drying function which dries me completely.

I step out with a towel around myself finding a fresh set of pyjamas on my bed.

I pull the silk set over my head and legs while fixing my appearance.

My eyes are red and pupils the brightest blue they've ever looked due to my crying in the shower.

I brush my blonde hair and decide to leave it down.

Making my way out into the dining carriage, I start to sweat when Leo is in my line of vision.

Don't let him see that he affects you

Be strong

I raise my head and purposely take the seat across from Leo, showing no intimidation what so ever.

His smirk leaves his face once he realises I'm not scared of him.

Yeh get fucked you prick.

Finnick, GiGi and another women joins us.
She has long red hair with a fringe, very beautiful.

They all take a seat except GiGi who remains standing.

'Omg we definitely have the most beautiful tributes this year, if not of all time!' GiGi squeals a little too close to my ear.

'I think you mean tribute, as in singular' Leo pipes up glaring at me.

'Good looks won't stop someone from slicing your throat mate' Finnick dead pans staring back at Leo.

I had to force myself not to laugh, never knew I could have so much restraint.

I just smiled watching Leo's face turn red with anger.

'Delilah, this is Annie, the female mentor of district 4' Finnick announces

Oh, this is his Annie

'Nice to meet you' I say holding out my hand.

She dosent take it, just gives me a small nod.

okay

'Have you two met already?' Annie asks Finnick ignoring my presence.

'Yeh well- I start

'No, we've never met. I've just seen her around' Finnick cuts me off.

ok ouch

'Ok' Annie smiles back at him

Jesus fucken Christ, get a room

'Anyways, we are here to give you your best chance at winning these games. So I suggest you listen VERY carefully, after all we did win this thing once' he announces to both of us.

I roll my eyes

'Oh Delilah, Harry is going to love working with you!' GiGi excites playing with my hair.

'Who's harry?' I question

'Harry Styles, he will be your Stylist for this years games, He called me telling me how excited he is that your his muse!' She praises holding my hand now.

I look over to Finnick seeing his jaw clentch, let's see how you like a taste of your own medicine.

'Oh wow, how old is he GiGi?' I question, not that I care.

'He's just divine, he is 21! He would give Mr Odair over here a run for his money, very attractive '

'Well I'm very excited to meet Mr Styles, tell him I'm looking forward to it' I wink at GiGi and she squeals with excitement.

I look over to Leo who seems bored, Annie who is looking at Finnick and Finnick who is looking at me his hands white from how hard he was gripping his armrest.

I wink at him and walk off to my room, trying to get a few hours of sleep before dinner.

——————————

Im awoken by a knock at my door, I rub my eyes to see GiGi standing there.

'Come in' I say to her

She walks over and sits beside me.

'I truely am sorry for what your being forced to do, I know I always seem happy and supportive of these games but i'm not it's just an act' she says sympathetically.

I appreciate her honesty

I take her hand in my own

'We will get through this together' I reply rubbing her hand.

'Now is that steak I can smell' I smile at her

'Quick get up sleepy before LeO ChArLSToN gorges himself' she rolls her eyes.

'You my friend have a good judgment of character' I laugh

'I may have been told once or twice' she winks before we both set out for the dining carriage.

I sit down at the head of the table opposite Annie, Finnick being on her right and Leo opposite Finnick.

GiGi takes a seat to my left as I grab a steak knife and cut up my steak.

'You 2 have very good manners, considering the last 2 tributes ate everything with their hands' Annie chuckles

Your not my fucken Mother, I hate being treated like a child by someone only a couple years older than me, her comment really ticks me off.

'Well not everyone is from a rich part of district 4 Annie, some people barely have enough to survive on and I don't appreciate you mocking dead people on their manners when they've never eaten properly for a day in their life' I reply not taking my eyes off her.

She narrows her eyes and Finnick coughs trying to ease the tension.

Five minutes of uncomfortable silence goes by.

'So Lilah, when your dead do you think your brothers will bury you, or float your body out to sea like your Mom and Dad?' he smiles to himself holing up a big piece of steak.

1 second is all it took.
1 second and I had taken my sharp steak knife and thrown it at the piece he was holding, piercing it perfectly into the wall behind him.
Missing his face by a couple of centimetres.

While he's still in shock I stand behind him and flip his chair, throwing him into the ground.
I straddle him restraining both of his arms as I hold my steak knife to his neck.

'A. Don't you EVER call me fucking Lilah again you waste of fucking space.'

'B. Talk about my family, ESPECIALLY my parents again I'll make sure you regret ever being born.'

'And C. It's cute that you think I'm the one that's going die in that arena, considering I had you on the ground in under 2 seconds.' I mock pressing my knife a little harder on his neck.

I'm lifted off him by my waist and I had one good guess to who it could be.

'Don't touch me' I threaten Finnick as he releases me from his grip.

As I walk away I hear,

'I bet you loved straddling me like that Delilah, I remember you always felt so good on top' he laughs clearly not having any brains.

I charge at him again before I'm held back again by my waist.

'Let me at him, let go!' I yell trying to fight Finnick who pulls me out of the carriage.

I punch against his chest with tears in my eyes.

'Let me go! Let go!' I scream as I hit him.

He only holds me tighter.

As I start to feel week I just sob into his chest, all of my emotions finally getting the better of me.

'Shh, it's ok Rosie your ok' he soothes running his fingers through my hair.

Oh hell no

'I'm sorry, I've never actually met you before?'
I say stepping back from him.

'Rosie, I didn't mean it like that I-

'Save it, I know how you meant it. Heard it loud and clear, goodnight' I say storming off to my bedroom.

As I cry into my pillows I hear another knock at my door.

GiGi

I nod and she comes in, she's dressed in her pyjamas and is wearing her natural hair.

She doesn't need all of those wigs and all of that makeup shes beautiful without any of it and I hate that the capital made her think her natural beauty wasn't enough.

'May I?' She asks

I nod lifting up the sheet allowing her to join me.

She hugs me as I cry into her shoulder until I eventually fall asleep.

'Thankyou' I whisper to her before I enter my slumber.

'Don't thank me, that's what friends are for' she smiles

Friends.

She was the only friend I had, now that I think about it.

None of the girls liked me because they were envious of my beauty, they never gave me a chance. I was never friends with any guys because they just wanted me so they could tell their friends.

GiGi is my friend

I have a friend.

Vote and comment

Lmk what ur thoughts are!!!

I love GiGi and Delilahs growing relationship!!!

All the love -DD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 524 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- ❝Don't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.❞ ❝I won't leave you Finnick,❞ She kissed...
20.1K 424 47
Katniss Everdeen, Victor of 66th Annual Hunger Games at the age of 12, meets Finnick Odair, The 15 year-old Capitol Heartthrob. Katniss has trouble a...
104 0 8
"the odds are NEVER in our favour." it's been eight years since venus faraday's games, and last year seemed to mark a change for all of panem. two v...
324K 8K 62
He meant everything to her. Three years later and she'd still do anything to keep him safe, sacrifice everything to protect him- even if that meant k...