A SON'S RESTITUTION

By sakuralou2689

Carol Danvers-Montmartre/Captain Marvel faced controversies, deaths, and accusations which she couldn't handl... More

BOOK I: Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
BOOK II: Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
BOOK III: Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 41

56 1 0
By sakuralou2689

(PARIS, FRANCE: 8:00 PM)

Returning from the airport after some unfavorable experiences from their US trip, the Montmartre family headed home to the apartment as Warren along with Tier and Ethan welcomed and assisted them. Amnon got surprised and received post birthday gifts from his family friends. They were superhero and anime action figures, educational and comic books, and a new soccer ball for him to practice. He thanked them which he was very happy to receive and use them. His parents asked him to bring his new things to his room one by one before taking supper. The Kree Eternal hybrid boy was excited to read and play with them which he wanted to spend late at night.

After eating supper, the blonde boy spent playing on his bed which he was too enthusiastic to do. This would help him forget his undesirable experiences in America. Amnon held an Iron Man action figure and made it fly. He was making noises and pretending that the Avenger action figure defeated some imaginary alien invaders. Then, he took out Thor, Captain America, and the other fighters to join Iron Man's attacks. Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door and turned his attention to it.

" Oh, man! I'm coming," the boy exasperately sighed and quickly kept his new toys into his box and at the top of the shelf. Still hearing the door's loud repetitive knocking, Amnon slowly moved the door knob and opened it. His parents were standing at the doorway and entering his room.

" Son, we know you wanted to have more time to play. Your mother and I need to check on you before you sleep, " Methu-Selah reminded.

" Are you gonna read me a bedtime story? " Amnon curiously asked.

" Of course, not, " Carol chuckled and kissed her son's forehead. " Your Dad and I need to talk a very important thing. "

Amnon gave them an oblivious look which he couldn't understand what they would say. He sat down on his bed along with them. Carol and her husband gently rubbed their son's back. The boy curiously anticipated for them to speak up. The blonde half-Kree woman glanced at her spouse, giving him his turn to initiate.

" Mom, Dad? " he broke his silence. " Are you gonna say something? "

" Amnon, remember your mother and I rescued you from your kidnappers before? " the Kree Eternal asked.

" Yeah, I can still remember, " Amnon nodded. " How come you and mom have superpowers then you changed your skin to blue and have a long silver hair? "

" Son, I'm from a very distant planet along with your grandmother. I have lived in this universe for almost 2,000 years and travelled everywhere. Going to a normal spaceship from here, it will take several trillion years to travel into my homeworld. "

" You mean aliens are real? "

" Yes, Kid, " his mother calmly answered. " My mom, your late grandma, was one of them. She lived here on Earth as I grew up with her. Then, I met your late older cousin back in America many years ago at an US Air Force base. "

" That means you met Dad, too? "

" Yes. He lived on Earth for several years and worked as a college professor. I met your father as a part time SWORD Agent, " she continued.

" So, you guys are superheroes like the Avengers or X-Men? "

" We were, " his parents spoke in unison.

Amnon was flabbergasted to hear of his parents' revelation as he couldn't believe it. He said nothing and tried to comprehend before speaking up. Methu-Selah looked at his son with concern and turned to his wife. Carol sighed and nodded. They had no choice, but to tell their son the truth.

" Why? What happened? " the young Kree hybrid curiously asked. " Why didn't you come back with them and save the world ? Like they're so really cool and can fight bad guys and aliens, is there something wrong? "

Upon hearing the eight year old child's inquisitiveness, Carol nervously gulped and felt her heart racing once again. She didn't want to answer his questions which they would bring her traumatic memories as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel. She became uncomfortable and glanced at her husband. The Kree Eternal nodded and understood of his wife's disposition. Amnon waited for his mother's response and curiously tilted his head.

" Son, it's very complicated for her to answer your questions, " his father responded.

" Oh..." Amnon said and humbly bowed his head. " I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to ask that. "

" Kid, your father can answer that for you, " she smiled, hiding her anxiety to her son. Amnon nodded and looked at his father.

" Your mother was a legend. She was the greatest heroine I have married. Sometimes, she was very successful in defeating those bad guys, but she had failed in saving some people in distress and made so many mistakes, " Methu-Selah continued. " She may be overpowered, but she's not that perfect. I kept watching and guiding her when she met me in SWORD and had a conversation. Now, we're just an ordinary couple. We decided to raise and guide you in your future. "

" Right, I guess. Family is the most important thing to you, guys, " Amnon replied and smiled at his parents.

" Here's a newsflash for you, " Carol interjected and smiled back to her son. " Your father and I love you very much. That's why we spared you from those bad guys in America. "

" So, you're gonna protect me, instead? "

" Yes, son, " his father gently kissed the boy's forehead. " We won't allow anyone to hurt you. "

" Thanks, Dad, Mom, but am I gonna have powers like yours, since I'm part-alien? When and How am I gonna have them? "

" Kid, you're too young to discover and develop yours, " Carol explained. " We want you to grow up as a normal person, but eventually you will have them. "

" Why is that? "

" It's some people are afraid to see a child like you starting to attain those abilities. They think you're dangerous. "

" Well, so what should I do then? "

" You have to wait for the right time, monsieur Montmartre, " the Kree Eternal gently rubbed his son's wavy golden locks and chuckled. " It's better to be patient than being hesitant! "

" Dad! Please stop it! I'm not a dog..." Amnon cringed and sighed when his mother laughed at them.

" Kid, let it slide, " Carol paused laughing and said. " Your father is always like that! "

" But we've got Chewie with us, right? "

" He's gonna do the same thing to that feline, " she replied and changed the topic, kissing her son's cheeks. " Now, you need to get some sleep and count some sheep. "

Methu-Selah helped his wife to gently tuck their boy onto his bed and covered him with a blanket. Then, he placed his lips to his son's forehead when Amnon cheerfully smiled at his parents. The young Kree Eternal hybrid hugged them and lied down on his bed. His mother shut the lights and left him a lampshade light on his bedside.

" Amnon, we'll leave the door half-open just in case you need to go the bathroom or get to see us in the other room, " the Kree Eternal reminded him.

" Thanks, Dad, " Amnon replied. " Goodnight, Dad! Goodnight, Mom! "

" Sweet dreams, little one, " Methu-Selah said.

" See you tomorrow morning, " Carol added.

" Night! "

As Amnon had shut his eyes and comfortably snuggled in his blanket, his parents left his room and headed their way into their room. Carol sighed in relief which she was not able to disclose the truth in full detail, thanks to her spouse.

" It seems you're uncomfortable to tell your skeletons in the closet, " Methu-Selah said.

" I'm not ready to tell everything to our son, " she seriously replied. " It's just he might get infuriated with me. Amnon is too young to learn my horrible mistakes. "

" I understood, " he nodded. " You're trying to protect him from public scrutiny and harsh criticisms. But don't you even think he will learn the truth very soon? "

" I may realize that, but I'm afraid that will happen. "

" I see. It will not be coming from us, but eventually we'll do our best to explain and assure everything for him. Amnon will be angry at first, but he will soon accept and learn from you. "

" I guess for now, we will let him enjoy his childhood, even he sees danger. "

" We will keep protecting him, no matter what. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 381 37
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. OC × Natasha Romanoff OC × Bucky...
121K 2.8K 13
"You've got your own suit of armor kid, and it's not the good kind," "I get it from you," Spencer Anna Stark was six when her mother fought and won...
1.4K 21 20
Lexi Grace, Kree child, gets brought down to Earth by Carol Danvers. Her memories disappeared when she was brought to Xandar. Fury hides her so she c...
220K 5.4K 40
Book One in the Lies Series {Avengers Fan fiction} Keight comes from a troubled past but that doesn't stop her from fitting into her fancy art school...