Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 10

4.5K 150 7
By booklover_0234

It seems to me, that love could be labeled poison and we'd drink it anyways.
————————————————————————
Luke's POV:
Sang was...special. It is a lousy way to describe her, but I can't think of a better word to describe her right now. The moment I saw her all curled up in North's lap I thought she was innocent. She looked so small, almost like a kitten.

Or a Reese's cup.

Then she woke up and was so different from what I had expected. When I heard stories about how she beat those boys, all the stories from when she was in Greece, and what happened to her yesterday with Gabe, I expected her to be taller, maybe more muscular. The way she was though was perfect. I knew right then and there she was gonna take our group by storm.

But it was when I truly got a good look into her eyes, that I realized she wasn't innocent. I saw the pain and unbearable agony in her eyes. Once she came fully back into consciousness it was like a wall built up inside her. I don't even think she meant to put that wall there. It was like it was natural. The pain I saw in her eyes was far worse than I had ever seen in me or my brothers.

I wanted to pick her up and take her away from all of her issues. There's one problem...her wall. I can tell she has enraptured my brothers without even knowing it. She acts as if she is nothing special. It isn't that thing girl do to get compliments though.. You can see that she truly, 100% believes it.

When we got to the daycare and I saw her little siblings, I almost died at how cute they were. Especially when I saw Sang with Cameron. I don't think she knew I heard, but I know she offered to tell all of us to leave if he was the slightest bit uncomfortable. I completely understood that. It made me proud how kind she was to her siblings. Lily was adorable.

On our walk I got to know her better. I brought up about how the guys said she used to climb trees, run, and do so many other things. When I asked her that, and she started talking about life having a way of messing with plans, I knew she missed all of that. You could see how much she missed everything she used to do. I have no  clue what is holding her back though. I'm determined to figure it out.

Sang is kind of oblivious though. I don't think she saw one time where I was sneaking glances to her. I also don't think she saw the way Cameron, and even Lily looked at her. The whole time we were walking, Cameron stared at Sang as if she were the best human in the world.

I don't necessarily disagree with him.

It probably seems kinda crazy I think all of this within a few hours of knowing her, and normally I would never be like this. She just makes everything...better.

Back to present time:
We walked into the house and it was nice. Gabe is defiantly gonna have a fit when he sees it though.
"Trouble why the fuck is this house so bare? It looks like a half dead 98 year old woman lives here." Yup there he is.

"Gabe she just moved in. And stop cursing. There are kids." North says as he glares at gabe who just shakes his head.

'It's okay Gabe you can talk however you wanna talk. Lily can't talk and Cameron knows not to say those things. Right Cam?" Sang asks while sending a questioning look towards the kid in question. He comes out of the kitchen with fruit loops and gives a mischievous smile. "Cam can I make you something other than fruit loops? What about fruit?" He seems to think it over for a while before he comes to a decision.
"Can I have carrots instead?" She nods and heads off to the kitchen with us trailing behind her. She sets Cam on the counter- which can't be good for her shoulder. Then she gets the carrots out and washed them. She started cutting them into slices while Cameron told her all about his day. This was his day:
-He played with crayons
-Made a new friend
-Ate lunch
-Did a bit of learning
And that was it.
We all watched in awe at how these two interacted with one another.
Lily started crying in my arms and in an instant Sang was over and grabbing Lily from me. Lily immediately calmed. How is she so good at this stuff?

After Sang got Lily settled she went back to cutting carrots for Cameron. "Sang your mother must be a saint for him to eat vegetables so easy. My little sister Jessica was never like that." Kota says almost absentmindedly. Yup shes got him under her spell that she doesn't even know shes casting. What seems to snap us out of our daze is how tense she got when we mentioned her mother. Sang's back got straighter, she lost the smile she once had, and had a mix of pain and sadness in her eyes. None of us said anything out loud, but we did have a conversation with our eyes.
What the fuck is that about?(Gabe)

North do you or Silas know anything about her mother? (Kota)

No I never met the woman. (Silas)

Me either. The only thing she knew about our home lives was that we didn't have great parents. The only thing we knew about her was that her dad left when she was eight. She never blamed that man, which I don't see why not. (North)

Why did he leave?(Me)

He had another family. He left for another woman than his wife that had a little girl Sang's age. He wrote her a letter once saying how happy he was that he left, but doesn't regret it. That was the first and only time we've seen her cry. Besides today of course.(Silas)

Fuck. She deserves more than that. (Gabe)

That is not a father.(Kota)

That man does not deserve to be called her father. (Luke)

We all nod our head in agreement and the turn back to Sang. Camerons no longer in the room, and she is staring at use with cautious eyes.

Gabe's POV:
Sang's father is a fuckhead. He doesn't deserve a beautiful girl like her. Hell there probably nobody in this world who does. Doesn't mean my brothers and I can't try.
We all turned our heads and see she is staring at us. What I see in her eyes is heartbreaking. There's a caution in her eyes that weren't there before. The first person to speak is Kota. "Uh sorry we were just having a staring contest." As soon as he lies to her I see another wall come up. She doesn't say a word. She just nods her head and looks back to where she is cutting up vegetables for Cam. Shit were stupid. This defiantly made us lose any trust she had in us. Fucking perfect.
Sang's POV:
I knew the second that Kota lied. I knew they were having a silent conversation. North, Silas, and I used to do it all the time. I know it isn't really a big thing to lie about, but I can't stand it when people lie. I have been lied to enough
I go back to cutting the vegetables and ask what classes they all have. It turns out I have at least one class with each of the boys.

After I get Cameron a snack it is already 5 o clock. "Can I go read now sissy?" Cameron asks. "Yeah bud that's fine. How is your new book?"

"I like it but I don't get some of the words."

"Tomorrow how about we sit down and I will help with any words you don't know?"

"Okay!"He runs off and heads to his room. I turn back to the boys.
"Uhm I can get Lily down for a nap and then we can do whatever?" I know I sound unsure of myself but the last friends I had were North and Silas.

"That's fine Aggelle mou." Silas says with a smile.
I pick Lily up and head to her bedroom. I get her changed into a cute purple and white striped onesie that has hearts on it. I sit down in a chair and start slowly rocking her, while singing.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you and make you happy,
If you will only say the same.
But if you leave me and love another,
You'll regret it all some day:
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between.
But not you've left me and love another;
You have shattered all of my dreams:
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me
When I awake my poor heart pains.
So when you come back and make me happy
I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

When I finish singing she is completely asleep. I slowly move Lily out of my arms and set her down in her bed. I turn around and come face to face with Silas. "Your still a beautiful singer Aggelle." I can feel that my cheeks are a cherry red and curse myself for getting embarrassed so easy.

"It was nothing Superman. I'm very bad now." I start to walk away but am stopped by Silas grabbing my wrist. He loosely grips my chin so that I look up at him.

"Agelle your voice is so fucking beautiful. I wouldn't lie to you. Don't say those things about yourself."My cheeks flame a bright red as I mumble a quick thank you. That seems to satisfy Silas because he lets my chin go. "Come on. We're gonna watch movies and I don't think you'd like to be by yourself." He says with a small smile. I walk over and plop down in the chair I was sitting in.

"I don't know this is a pretty comfortable chair. I could fall asleep right here." I say while smirking. The next thing I know I am scooped up and in the arms of Silas.'What are you doing? Put me down! You could drop me if I am too heavy." All he does is grunt out a "Not heavy" and keep walking with me.

We make it downstairs and when Silas walks into the room with me everybody smiles."So Silas why are you carrying her?" Luke asks innocently.

"She said sitting in a chair would be more comfortable than down here. She taunted me and now she faces the consequences." At this I can't help but burst out laughing. After I have calmed down I see all the boys smiling at me. They have already picked a movie but as I go to sit down, Gabe stops me.

"Nope trouble I am playing with your hair. I claim it. It is mine okay? Nobody else can touch it. Please tell me you don't dye it?"He blurts out.
"Nope I don't dye it but it is just blonde." I say while fiddling with an end of my hair.

"Are you crazy? Your hair has all kinds of reds and blondes and golds in it. It is like a goldmine. Now sit your pretty ass down and let me play with it while we watch a movie." I meekly nod and walk over. Just as I am about to sit on the couch Gabe reaches over and pulls me straight into his lap. I let out a squeak and try to get up. Gabe just holds on to me tighter, and when I finally stop struggling he lets go and starts playing with my hair. The other boys just play the movie and send me grins.

Rude men.

Kota's POV:
The whole time we watch the movie Gabe plays with Sang's hair. I think she is the only one truly watching the movie. My brothers and I are staring at the screen but take sneak glances over to her. Every now and then when Gabe massages her hair a certain way she lets out small moans of appreciation. I don't even think she realizes she is doing it. Every time she does we all dart our eyes to her and I know our thoughts are not the best.

By the end of the movie it is time for dinner. I ordered pizza so that she wouldn't have to use all of her food on us. We all eat, and then she goes to get the kids a bath and go to sleep. By the time she gets back we have time to watch one more movie. "Sang Baby come here. Doc wants your shoulder massaged an hour every night so that starts right now."North says with a smirk. I know he really just wants to hold her. I don't blame him. We looked years for her and never found anything. Sang of course starts to protest but is immediately shut up when North snatches her up and sets her on his lap.

I know my team is in trouble with her. They all already like her in someway. I think we also know something isn't right about her home. She acts way more like a mother would instead of a sister. She is a natural at it too. It is like it is ingrained into her. I don't like that.

She is truly so gorgeous though. I don't see why her father left her but I know she doesn't deserve it. I hope she can give me a chance. I want to help her in any way I can.

North's POV:
I scoop Sang up and have her curled to where I can reach her shoulder, but can also see her beautiful face. The doc didn't actually say she needed her shoulders massaged, but t gives me an excuse just to hold my baby. I think it is amazing the way she takes care of the kids, and the way they look at her. I also hate it because it shows she's been doing this a while.

Sang gets comfortable in my lap, but is still so tense. I stat massaging her shoulder as the movie plays, but that does nothing to help the tenseness in her body, so I lean forward and repeat what I did in the car earlier. "Relax Sang baby. I just wanna take care of you. Please let me." I can see her thinking before she completely melts into me. Her head lays against my chest and she grips onto my shirt as if I will disappear any minute.

This is how it is supposed to be. She fits with me so perfect. It is all perfect. Sang falls asleep halfway through and I let her. While she is asleep I caress her back and sides. I can feel what I think are scars on her back, but I am not 100% sure. She is defiantly way too skinny for her own good as well. I am gonna protect her and her siblings from anything that has ever hurt them. She saved my life and it is about time I pay her back.
Sang's POV:
North wakes me up after the second movie is over, and the boys tell me they have to go. I help them out and then go get ready for bed. For the first time in years, I fall asleep easily. I can't be more grateful for that.
Luke's POV:
I thought all night for a word to describe Sang, but there wasn't one. The way she talked and cared for her siblings was breathtaking. The way she held herself, and the way she acted was addicting. I never want to let her go. I won't. I am going to save her from what is haunting her, then my brothers and I are going to take care of her, Cameron, and Lily.

There is no word to describe her because everything about her is so unique and different that it would be wrong to only place one word to describe her. There are a million that could, and it still wouldn't be enough to explain how amazing she is. For now Sang is just...Sang. She is perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 355 17
Sang found a white mask on her bed. The Blackbourne's team gathered around her. When she took the mask, a clock's ticking can be heard. She turned i...
145K 8.2K 31
I had a choice. Either way I was losing them though. But I'd rather they keep breathing. Living a life without me. So I protected them. Faked my d...
59.2K 3.4K 38
Sang Sorenson is a girl going through heartbreak. Everything was going perfectly, but the moment she let her guard down, that was the moment she rem...
317K 13.7K 82
This is a Fan fiction of Ghost Bird series. I have had this in my head for a while and was going to upload it to another website and then the complic...