To Heal the Enemy

By mclovin53

~~~ "How do you go from hating one to loving them? Truth be told it seems impossible, but once it starts it c... More

A/N
C/A
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

13

2.3K 36 34
By mclovin53

Chapter Thirteen: No Killing Your Partner

Anala's pov:

-Four days later-

"That's it, you're going to time out." Kaz says right before he pulls me off of Alex and throws me over his shoulder.

"Kaz put me down!" I yell and try to squirm out. He has a tight grip and I don't feel like fighting so I just lay there and shuffle a bit as he walks.

"I have a really clear view of your ass. Pretty small if you ask me and kinda smells down here."

"Shut the fuck up Anala," he laughs.

I slap it hoping he may put me down. He doesn't budge. "Fucking weirdo!" He yells.

He doesn't actually smell bad but I'm not telling that. 

"Kaz put me down, I'm done."

"I don't trust you."

"Pleaseeee," I try.

"No."

"Where are you taking me?" We have been walking for a while and it's pretty hard to pay attention when his shoulder is digging into my stomach.

He finally sets me down on a bed and goes to lean against the door frame. I then realize that we are in my room.

"Seriously? Why would you bring me back here? I still have a shit ton of training to do."

"From what I could tell you weren't doing any training. All you were focused on was trying to punch Alex for even looking at you."

"He gave me a dirty look!"

"The fuck he did! He looked at you while you were scowling at him. ALL HE DID WAS LOOK AT YOU!" He yells in his deep ass voice. He doesn't yell at me like he's mad, he is just trying to prove his point.

"I'm fine now!"

"Are you going to actually train, without hurting Alex?" He asks. I can tell he is getting annoyed with me.

Kaz and I have developed a brother-and-sister relationship since I got here. We talk all the time and joke around. Sure he's attractive but our relationship is strictly platonic. Jay and I are pretty close as well but not even close to me and Kaz.

"Yes," I say with my head down.

"Promise?"

"No," I mutter.

"Anala," he sighs, rubbing his forehead like he's tired of this.

"I will try my best."

"Okay thank you." He gets up from the door frame and I get off the bed.

We make our way back downstairs and I can hear Mateo yelling in his office. I then hear a gunshot. Damn, that sucks.

I get to the basement and try to not look at Alex.

Alex's pov:

"Ow, I can do this myself, you know," I say to Jay who is trying to clean the cut that Anala gave me.

"Fine, then you do it." He gives me the wet towel and stands up. The door to the basement opens and she walks in. Jay moves to stand in front of me. Kaz follows closely behind her, ready to grab her if she makes a wrong move.

"Back for more?" I say standing up, my leg hurts like a bitch since Anala decided to twist it.

"Don't act like I didn't just kick your ass, because I will do it again." She doesn't look at me when she talks and I see Kaz shake his head. as he walks behind her.

"She said she would try not to attack you, but I am guessing you're going to make that difficult?" Kaz says, voicing Anala with dismay. 

Mateo walks into the room, rubbing his forehead with his hands. I feel bad for Mateo lately. He's been going through a lot and Anala and I haven't been much help. There is so much going on with this Santiago assignment and he seems really stressed and moody all the time.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Mateos voice booms, making Anala flinch and look down at the floor.

"You guys need to learn to put your goddamn differences aside and get along. I am done with this, I have too much going on to deal with this, so figure yourselves out." He walks over to Anala still yelling. I see her tense up, she switches moods and gets ready to be hit. Mateo stops, his eyes softening along with his voice.

"I won't hit you. No matter how much you piss me off I won't, I'm not Marco.'' She looks away again as Mateo rests a comforting hand on her shoulder, she relaxes but doesn't look at him.

"I need everyone to get ready. We'll all be having dinner together." Mateo says looking over at Jay and Kaz before his eyes meet mine.

"I also want Luca there," he finishes.

"Can I pick him up?" Anala speaks up. Mateo thinks for a second.

"You can go with Alex and get in some bonding time. If he comes back with one more scratch on him I will make sure that Nick makes you fucking seafood for a month." Mateo smiles as Anala makes a face of disgust.

"I don't wanna go with him, I'll pick the kid up myself." She crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"I don't need you killing him with your awful driving and I think you guys need some bonding time." Mateos cocky ass smile makes Anala glare at him and I laugh on accident.

"What's so funny? You're the one that might not come back alive," she warns me.

"You wouldn't do that to Luca but nice threat." I tilt my head and smile at her. She smiles coldly in return.

"Yeah, I guess I couldn't kill someone else's family in front of them, unlike-" She pauses as Kaz grabs her arm and starts pulling her out of the room. She stops just before leaving and looks at me.

"Unlike you." Her smile is gone and Kaz pushes her forward. Mateo runs his hands through his hair and sighs.

"She's never gonna let this go is she?" I ask Mateo.

"If you haven't already figured it out she's stubborn as fuck so no."

I throw on my sweatshirt and follow Mateo out of the basement.

~~~

After about 20 mins of talking to Mateo about what has been going on, Anala comes down from her room with a pair of keys in her hands.

"Let's go and get this over with." Her voice is dry and her eyes are slightly red and glossy. I follow her out, when we get to the car I stop her.

"You're driving is crazy enough, you're not driving while you're high." She opens her mouth to start an argument but instead rolls her eyes and gives me the keys to the black Ferrari, walking over to the passenger side.

After we get in the car I start it and get the car warmed up.

"I'm not high," she says calmly, pulling the hood from her sweatshirt over her head.

"Hey, I could care less if you are. No judgment here," I say, putting my arm behind her seat so I can pull out of the driveway.

If she isn't high there's only one thing that would explain her eyes. Was she crying?

"You gonna explain your red and glossy eyes then?"

"None of your goddamn business," she says, sinking more into the seat.

"Was Anala Ariana Gonzalez crying?" I ask in disbelief.

"How do you know my middle name?" She asks with a hiss in her voice and sits up fast to look at me.

"Mateo told me. Answer the question."

"So you guys talk about me," she says with a smirk.

"You aren't getting out of this question Anala." 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"If you weren't getting high and you weren't crying, then explain your eyes."

"Maybe it's both," she shrugs.

"Why were you crying?" I ask on a serious note.

"Stop acting like you give a fuck Alex." She leans against the window and looks outside.

"Why can't we just get past this, for the sake of the mission?" She slowly gets up and looks at me like I just said the stupidest thing possible.

"Alex, I don't want to keep saying it. You took away my family. Sure everyone sees him as an awful person but I didn't see him that way. He did everything for me." She says looking at the road.

"He hurt you," I say calmly. I don't want to fight with her but I just have this need to try and make her understand that what her father and her shared wasn't love. 

"That's part of being an assassin," she says almost like she's convincing herself.

We sit in silence for a while. I'm not really sure how to respond to that. I know that what happened to her was not right. Sure I have been tortured many times, but the fact that she still calls him her family after he did that to her after all those years is unbelievable. The fucker had her brainwashed.

We get to my house and we both step out of the car. I open the door and let her inside.

She walks in observing everything.

"Honey I'm homeee," I yell to Luca.

He walks out with a pair of sweatpants on and he rubs his eyes. The second he sees Anala he shoots up from whatever tired state he was in. "LANI! What are you doing here? Wait a second you two are together and... not killing each other. IT'S A MIRACLE."

"Chill," she laughs. "I came to see you and pick you up to go to dinner. Mateo insisted that he had to come," she says, rolling her eyes.

"What's the dinner for?" Luca asks.

"I have no idea but he wants you there," I say walking into the kitchen. Luca nods.

"Well, I'll go get ready, don't kill each other in the meantime." Luca laughs as he walks back into his room. Anala follows me into the kitchen.

"Why does he call you Lani?" I ask her as I grab two cups and fill them with some water.

"I don't know to be honest," she says, then thanking me for the water and taking a sip.

"So are you going to tell me why you were crying, yet?" I say taking another sip of water.

"We don't need another argument now do we?" She looks up at me. God, I've forgotten about how much I love her eyes. Her green eyes are the most beautiful I've ever seen.

"I guess not, but I do think that one day you are going to open up to me." She laughs at my comment.

"Woah you're laughing, together," Luca leans against the fridge with a confused grin. Anala rolls her eyes at him.

"You ready?" I ask him, he nods and Anala stands up.

"Shotgun!" Luca yells and starts running to the car. Anala runs after him. I follow behind them, shutting off the lights and laughing a bit before shutting and locking the door.

When I get to the car Anala is in the passenger seat and Luca is pouting in the back. I get in and start the car; it isn't long until Luca hooks up to the aux cord and starts playing Party in the USA. 

Luca is screaming the words to the song as Anala laughs at him. Her laugh is real and genuine, I wish I could hear it more often. 

Luca and Anala joke around some more until Luca turns off his phone.

"Anala do you know why Mateo wants me at dinner?" Luca says, I look at him through the rearview mirror and can see that he is playing with his fingers once again.

"No I don't, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, don't stress yourself out over nothing. Hopefully, you can get some edge off of him." She laughs and takes his hands.

I can't help but feel a small pinch of jealousy. Luca and Anala have nothing going on between them, they love to joke about it plus Luca is in love with a girl from school. But even though I know there is nothing going on between them I still feel jealous.

"Maybe you'll be going on the assignment with us," Anala said and I instantly tense up, I didn't tell Luca about the mission.

"What assignment?" Luca asks.

"Oh shit, I didn't know. I-I." Anala looks down, I know she didn't mean to and there's nothing wrong with him knowing.

"It's ok," I say to her with comfort in my voice. I put my hand on her shoulder and she at first only tenses up more but in a matter of seconds, she relaxes.

"Anala and I have a mission, we will be gone for a few days. I think we will leave sometime next week." I stay calm and pull my hand back to the armrest.

"Oh." That is all Luca says as we pull up to Mateo's house.

Luca knows all about my missions. I mean he is literally training to be an assassin. I just didn't tell him about this one yet because I know it will freak him out. He knows what I'm capable of and that it is very hard to kill me but it's me and him. There's nothing we wouldn't do for each other.

________

A/N

Hey babes!

I finally found time to update. I haven't been in a writing mood that much so I'm sorry if it takes longer than planned.

My tiktoks keep getting taken down so it's been difficult posting but I'll continue trying.

Where are your guy's heads at with the book? What questions do you have?

Lmk any grammar mistakes

Happy reading! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 4.4K 47
[𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞] Once lovers, now enemies, but their love was stronger. Milana Levine used to be one of the most well known assassins in N...
305 30 52
2 ex lovers caught in the crossfire of mafia life. Filled with secrets, lies, murder and power. Who will win the war? Is it even a fight worth figh...
453K 8.5K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
17.7K 872 111
The gangsters and the ordinary people don't mingle in Sheryl Valley. Yeraz is the son of one of America's most brutal crime bosses. On his thirty-fir...