Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 7

4.7K 177 14
By booklover_0234

Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough
————————————————————————
Sang's POV:
I walked out of their office and was about halfway through the school when a hand shot out of a classroom and got an iron grip on my wrist. That is defiantly going to bruise later. I let go of Cameron from the unexpected grab, and then got yanked into the same classroom the mystery hand came out of.

While the hand still had a grip on my wrist I looked around to identify my attacker. The light was suddenly flickered on and I came face to face with Mr.McCoy.

Dr.Green where are you this time? Any chance you can save me? God, Sang your stupid.

I opened my mouth to scream but his free hand clamped over my mouth before I got the chance. Please let Cameron be okay.
"Be a good girl and listen Sang. I am going to take my hand off and you can't scream."
I thought about it for a second. He can easily overpower me, and Cameron is in the hallway. I don't really wan't to take any chances. I nodded and he removed his hand. "The only reason I grabbed you was to warn you." I looked at him with questioning eyes, and I guess he took this as his cue to keep going. "They can't be trusted. Understand?"

At this point I knew he defiantly was farther down on my trust list, but I didn't want to anger him more. I simply nodded my head. He let me go and pushed me out the door, where I found Cameron crying on the ground. He ran up to me and hugged me then started wiping my cheeks. It was only then I realized I had been crying. I quickly picked Cameron up and left as soon as possible. I was shaking from my encounter with he principal but I needed to get myself together for Cameron and Lily. We started walking towards the daycare, and once we arrived the lady who originally took Lily was there."Hey Sang, Lily was so good today. We absolutely love having her here!"

I beamed at this."Thank you I am glad she behaved herself. Is it okay if I drop Lily and Cameron off around 8 am tomorrow?"

"Of course, we will be here waiting."

'Thank you!"

Cameron walked beside me as I carried Lily and gave her kisses all over her face. I missed her so much and it was only about 3 hours without her. I have no clue what I am gonna do when I have to go 8 ours at a time. Pushing that scary thought out of my head, the kids and I walked home. I made them a dinner of grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and frozen fruit. It may not seem very expensive but it defiantly was.

After dinner was done, and cleaned up I got the kids upstairs for a bath. I washed Lily extra good considering all of the germs from the daycare. Tonight I decided they will both sleep with me. After everything that happened, and the amount of time I will have to go without them I want them to be close to me tonight. After their baths I got them and myself dressed in pajamas. We all cuddled and went to sleep. Of course mine was not peaceful.
————————————————————————
Around 4am I woke up panting and wheezing. I had a nightmare about McCoy and couldn't get his touch out of my head. I went to move but suddenly felt weight on my thigh, and arm. Lily was cuddled up in my arms and Cameron was latched onto my thigh like a koala. I carefully slid Lily out of my arms and placed her comfortably on my bed. Then I peeled Cameron's fingers off one by one and slowly replaced myself with the pillow I had recently been sleeping on.

I strategically slipped out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom to start a bath. I filled the tub with hot water and soap, then slowly sunk into the tub. The water burned my skin but I paid no attention to it. I began washing myself and slowly relaxed.

I very reluctantly got out when the water had tuned cold. I got dressed for school in black leggings, and a baggy t shirt. I woke the kids up and got them ready for daycare. Today Lily matched with me, and Cameron wore shorts and an athletic shirt. I decided on the was breakfast of fruit and cereal-this time I did not cut the fruit into pieces.

I took my normal path to the daycare and dropped the kids off. This was not before peppering their face with at least 10 kisses each. Then I was headed off to school, to be honest I was really nervous.

When I arrived at the school I headed straight to the office to get my schedule, and of course I was the last person in line. By the time I got up to the counter it was 1/4 way through first period. Perfect.

SCHEDULE:
AP BIOLOGY (Mrs.Rutherford)
AP MATH(Mr.Robinson)
AP Art(Mrs. James)
Lunch
Japanese(Dr.Green)
Music(Mr.Blackbourne)
PE(Mrs.Swartch)

I am walking down the hallways when I hear yelling. As stupid as it is, I go searching the hallways to find where the yelling is coming from. I finally find the hallways, and when I round the corner I can feel my heart stop, and blood start to boil.

I see 3 kids ganging up on another kid who is currently on the floor getting beaten. I stare at the scene for a moment, then before I can think I am running towards the group yelling. "Get your hands off him you assholes!" This gets the attention of everybody.The three kids are sending menacing glares my way while sneering and the kid on the ground is looking at me with a...dazed look.

I think he might have a concussion cause he is just staring at me.

The next thing I know I am pushed against the wall and the smell of cigarettes and vodka start burning my nose. "Now what is a pretty girl like you doing talking back to me? What is your name hm?"

I put on the bravest voice I can and steadily say,"My name is Sang."

"Well my name is Greg. Do you like to sing, Sang?" I hate this question so I keep quiet. "Come on pretty girl answer me." He starts running his hands up and down my body. When I still don't answer he pushes me against the wall more, and I can feel my shoulder pop out of place.

I then realize that the boy that had been on the ground, was no screaming at them.
"Let her go this is between us you fuckers!"
"Oy fuckers your target is down here."
"Keep hurting her and I swear to god I will kill you!" Well he has quite colorful language.

Greg flips me around, smiles at the boy, and then he smashes his lips against mine.
I elbow him in the stomach with my good arm, then turn us around and flip him. As soon as I do that though Greg's goons are on me and I get knocked to the ground. I can feel myself getting kicked in the ribs, but stay down. I would have no chance right now. After a few minutes I grab one of their foots and stand up. The other guys lunge for me but I punch them. I didn't exactly think a punch would hurt that much.

I'm thrown on the ground when my hair is being pulled and my head smacked against the hard tile 3 times. Before he can succeed I grip his wrist and twist it.

The next think I know is Greg is being picked up by two of his goons, and carried down the hallway.

I get up immediately and run over to the boy. I do quick glance over him and he is beautiful. I also see he probably hasn't broken his ribs, but he might need stitches on his arm where he is cut. "Hey are you okay? We should probably get you to the nurse or something. Come on."
He just stares at me and I start to get nervous. I mean what if I am making him uncomfortable? I practically just demanded he go to the nurses.
"I am so sorry, I should probably just leave. I do recommend going to the nurses though. Will you need help getting there?" He simply shakes his head no, so I turn and begin walking away from him.

Gabe's POV:
Did that really just happen? At first I'm getting beat up then a 5'1 girl with gorgeous fucking hair is yelling at the fuckers herself. She got her shoulder dislocated and the crazy chick fought every single one of them. The she comes and asks ME if I am okay. She rambles on about helping me to the nurse, but I can't help but stare at her. I do notice the flash of realization come across her face, and I think she might finally realize she is hurt but nope. She starts apologizing.

"I am so sorry, I should probably just leave. I do recommend going to the nurses though. Will you need help getting there?"

At this point all I can do is shake my head no. She obviously thought I was weirded out by her wanting to help me, and I don't blame her. I was kinda just staring at her. She turns to walk away and that is finally when my dumb ass comes to it's senses. "NO! I mean-I- stop!" Good going Gabe. "I'm perfectly fine. Your the one who needs to go to the nurses. What the hell? You're seriously hurt!" I huff out. I look into her eyes and see something absolutely terrifying. Sang's eyes are exactly like what mine used to be, but easily ten times worse.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by her sweet voice. "Don't worry about me, I am already late and I don't think that will make my teachers happy. I think your arm might need stitches, you really should get going. Thank you though!" She lightly smiles.

"No I have a doctor friend that can help us. He is the nurse. Please? No actually I am not taking no for an answer. You're coming with me." Sang opens her mouth to speak, but before she can I am grabbing her uninjured arm and dragging her along. She's tense the whole way and I can tell she doesn't like me touching her, but I can also tell that if I let go she would bolt. We finally make it to the room and I lightly push her in, and close the door. I looks round and the office is empty. Of course Dr.Green isn't here when he is needed.
Gabe:Hey can you come to the nurse office? I am fine but there is a girl that needs your help.

Dr.Green: Sure Gabe! I'm in class though can it wait for like 20 minutes?

Gabe:Sure doc.

"Well uhm my name is Gabe. The doc said he would be here in 20. What were you doing in the hallways?"

"I had gotten my classes, and got lost looking for my first period. I heard the yelling and went to find out what it was." She smiles sheepishly, and blushes. Then all of a sudden her face becomes shocked, and I get worried.

"Hey what's wrong? Was it me dragging you here? I'm really sorry I swear I'm not a creep!"
She giggles. I'm freaking out and she giggles.

"No I'm sorry I just have two siblings at home and I cussed at those guys. It is the first time I have cussed in probably four years." This time she blushes a deep red. Dear god, shes perfect.

"Your trouble you know that? You hear yelling so you go to investigate, find some random kid getting beat up and you charge in there like you own the place. You beat their asses, then make sure I am okay before anything, and try to leave before I even get to thank you. That right there is trouble. Your no longer Sang to me, but trouble." She looks at me shocked for a minute but then recovers with a sly smirk.

"If I am trouble then your meanie. You dragged me here after I refused and now you wont let me escape. So I am no longer calling you Gabe. You're meanie." I expected her to blush or giggle but she came right back at me, trouble really is trouble. Before I get the chance to respond she gasps and my head shoots up to look towards her. "Oh jeez meanie your arm! We still have 10 minutes until your friend gets here. I know how to take care of wounds like that. Oh and I have read so many books about it! If you would like I can take care of you." Jesus, shes so innocent and cute that she doesn't even realize what she said. I smile at her and nod. "Would your friend mind me using his supplies?"

"Not at all." She nods and sets to work. She points to the table, so I take that as my cue to get on it. Trouble walks over to the cabinet and pulls out gauze, wrap, and cleansing alcohol. The next thing she does is washing her hands, and putting gloves on. She walks over to the table I am sitting on and sets everything down and gets it organized. "Are you sure you should be doing this with your shoulder?" I ask because I know it has to be painful for her to move it.

She simply shrugs and murmurs a quick,"I'll be fine." Trouble stares at my arm and gets a cute thinking face on her. Right before she starts, Dr.Green walks in. I expect her to stop but she doesn't seem to notice his presence and instead starts humming and cleaning the blood around my arm. Dr.Green stares at trouble shocked,then I assume he can see her injuries because he gets a scowl on his face. It isn't a normal scowl he gets when anybody is hurt though. It is one he gets when someone in his family is hurt. What the hell?

"Hey meanie I have to clean the wound with the alcohol now. Are you sure your doctor friend won't mind me doing this?" I look up to Dr.Green and he shakes his head no.

"Nope trouble, I promise it is fine." Sang nods and goes back to work cleaning. I hiss and wince every five seconds and she apologizes even though she is going the easiest she can. Dr.Green would have never been this easy on me. I make sure to reassure it is okay. I look over to Dr.Green and see that he has a bright smile on his face. He meets my eyes and we have a silent conversation.

Gabe what happened?

I will explain in a minute. How do you know her?

Owen and I met her yesterday. Mr.McCoy had been messing with her and her brother. She's very sweet. I did not know she knew medicine but she is doing everything I would have been doing. I wouldn't have been as gentle.

He says with a smirk. I look back at trouble and she is finishing up cleaning the wound when she decides to speak. "Hello Dr.Green. I didn't realize that you were Gabe's doctor friend. I hope I didn't intrude any. I can't really undo what I did, however I can buy you new supplies if you needed. I did look in two cabinets but I truly did not mean to take over your space." She says all without turning around.

How the hell did she do that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 9.1K 32
Sang Sorenson is a sheltered rich girl whose life is a lot more rough than most believe. Her entire life has consisted of abuse from her step-mother...
317K 13.7K 82
This is a Fan fiction of Ghost Bird series. I have had this in my head for a while and was going to upload it to another website and then the complic...
145K 8.2K 31
I had a choice. Either way I was losing them though. But I'd rather they keep breathing. Living a life without me. So I protected them. Faked my d...
31K 2.2K 17
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson has finally found her pack. She has finally found a home. She is excited to be going to high school with the others but w...