Above The Surface (LucaxReade...

By Bluegarnet123

*COMPLETED* In the town of Portorosso, Italy, summer vacation is just beginning. Adventure is around every c... More

Just A Myth
Day To Day Chores
Family Dinner
The Accidental Change
Walking And A Vespa
Laughter On The Surface
Reaching Daydreams
Family Spites
The Human Town
Underdogs
Challenge Accepted
Tough Learning
Interesting Dinner?
Signing In The Race
Training
Suspicious
Something New
Preparing And Jealousy
Betrayal
The Aftermath
The End Of The Finsh Line
So Long, Friend...

A Normal Day's Work

2.2K 93 93
By Bluegarnet123

~He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.~ Isaiah 40:29

Me and my sister just started watching MHA... I can't get over how Kirishima (anyone who doesn't like his super suit, you can't be my friend.), Todoroki and Bakugou look! 👀👀 👉🏽👈🏽

Aizawa is officially my anime dad now. He is now Dadzawa!! YOU CANT TELL ME OTHERWISE!

Question! If you could, who two characters in MHA would be your closest friends?? I'd be going for Kirishima and Asui/Tsu! 🥰🥰❤️

(F/C) & (SF/C): favorite color and second favorite color
(F/P): favorite print
(W/C): whatever color
3rd P.O.V:
____________

The ocean gently crashed against the shore, the first light of morning reflecting over the water as three scaled heads poke out of the water.

Getting out of the water, Daniela looked around in worry, "How could my mother tell them about this town of bloodthirsty lunatics?"

(M/N) sighed, her shoulders tense as Lorenzo walked past her. "I still can't believe he would do this. It's not like Luca or (Y/N)."

"Its best to keep your guard up." (M/N)'s eyes were full of worry and guilt as she walked ahead of the other two, stopping just in front of  the boardwalk as she scales slowly started to turn into skin.

Daniela nodded in agreement before turning to her husband. "There's gonna be land monsters everywhere— AH!"

Not realizing that Lorenzo shifted, Daniela pounced on him, the two falling on the ground as she yelled out and slapped him across the face repeatedly.

"Daniela! Ooh! Wait! Ow—! Ow!"

"No! Not today, land monster!"

(M/N) quickly ran over to grab Daniela's hand, her back length (W/C) hair flailing behind her in the struggle. "Daniela! Stop! It's Lorenzo!"

He quickly nodded as he tried to block his wife's attacks, panic evident on his face. "It's me!"

"Oh!" Daniela glared at him, breathing heavily. "You scared the scales off of me!"

"Jeez, you're strong!" Lorenzo exclaimed as he held his cheek to stop the sting.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little on edge." Daniela put her face in her hands as (M/N) hugged her gently in comfort.

Lorenzo waved it off. "No. I needed that. It really woke me up." He looked at his fingers in disgust. "Wow! We look horrifying."

"Ugh, gross." Daniela shivered after she touched her now brown hair, making (M/N) roll her eyes at the pair.

She sighed and shook her head as she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "It doesn't matter now, we need to find the kids."

Snapping out of her disgusted stupor, Daniela nodded and pulled Lorenzo into a standing position. "You're right, come on."

They snap their heads when a old man whistled and walked across the boardwalk, making Daniela and Lorenzo panic as they ran behind the boulders, (M/N) doing the same in a calm fashion.

. . . . .

Luca yawned widely when he woke up, smacking his lips and feeling the misted morning air as he stretched.

Rubbing his eyes, he felt something warm pressed up against him, "Hmm?" Looking down he noticed it was (Y/N) cuddled into his side, her (F/C), (SF/C) scales on display as she purred.

Luca blushes as he looked away, "Huh?!" He quickly pales and looked at her again before himself and yelling out quietly before shaking Alberto awake; "Oh, no! Oh, no! Alberto! Wake up!"

"What?" Alberto tiredly opened his eyes before screaming. "Ahh! The sky's been leaking!"

Hearing the commotion, (Y/N) woke up and rubbed her eyes. "What going on?"

She gasped when she felt scales and snapped her head at the boys, all of them giving watch other wide-eyes looks. "Oh, no!"

"AAH!" They panicked when Guilia threw open her window, mimicking bugle playing as they quickly jumped off the platform and ran towards the door. They gasped when it opened to see a laughing Monty, his eyes closed as Massimo walked backwards. They urgently looked around and dived behind the tree.

(Y/N) and Alberto shook themselves off as Luca slapped his scales away, all three of them sighed with relief before hearing growling above them.

Looking up they saw the cat glaring at them from the fence, making (Y/N) glare back and hiss. This also made the cat more aggressive as they stared each other down, Luca and Alberto looking between them in caution.

From the window, Guilia finished her song and smiled before dropping it confusion when she didn't see the trio, "Hmm. Uh..." she saw them walk from behind the tree and waved. "Oh, There you are!"

Luca chuckled stiffly as (Y/N) waved back. "Buongiorno."

"All right, ragazzi." Massimo stomped to the side as Monty crosses his arms. "You want that entry fee, you got to earn it."

Massimo held up a list. "Giulietta—"

"I'm on it!" She jumped up and snatched it out of his hands and jogged to the cart.

"You make the deliveries."

Guilia smiles as ran pushed the cart away. "Already makin' 'em! Ciao!"

"Hmm." Massimo then turned to the boys. "You two are coming with me."

"And I'm gonna be taking (Y/N), here." Monty smiles as he passed blue scrubs to her, "I hope these fit. They look about your size."

(Y/N) looked at the blue clothing curiously as Luca slumped a little in disappointment and fear. "Oh."

Alberto didn't notice Luca's mood and quickly zoomed over to the knifes wrapped around Massimo's belt. "Which knife do I get? Huh? Huh?"

"You don't."

Alberto smiles nervously as Monty chuckled. "Good luck getting a knife from him! They're pretty precious to him."

. . . . .

"Well, I guess I was right." Monty nodded approvingly to himself when (Y/N) walked out of the house with the scrubs on.

"What are these for anyway?" She asked, following closely behind him as they walked across the town, now noticing that he had a white long lab coat on. "I thought we were working?"

Monty chuckled, "We are going to work, (Y/N). Do you know what a Veterinarian is?" He stopped her when they reached a glass door, he pulled out his keys and unlocked it before walking in. He made sure to hold the door open for her as she gazed at everything.

"Ve-ter-in-arian?" (Y/N) pronounced slowly, smiling when Monty nodded his head as he lead to past the waiting room and to the back. "I think I read about it in my animal book once. They're doctors for animals, right?"

"That's correct!" Monty turned on the lights, the ceiling illuminating the room. (Y/N) gasped at all of the equipment and animals as she hopped onto the examination table and swung her legs, looking at the surgical lights as the animals started to wake up in their kennels.

Monty watched as she picked up a stethoscope and holding it out curiously. He laughed, "Have you been to a vet clinic before, (Y/N)?"

"Mm-mm!" (Y/N) shook her head, looking up from the stethoscope. She jumped of the table and walked toward the kennels, she awed when she saw a litter of eight puppies. "Well, we are going to be working with a couple of them, Okay?"

(Y/N) nodded with a big smile, glancing at a family picture before pulling on the white gloves he gave her. "Okay!"

. . . . .

(Y/N) sighed, her head was pounding as she read a Veterinarian brochure. Tiresome as Monty argued with an old woman.

"I want a refund!" She screeched, the wrinkles on her face bunching up as she turned red and stomped her heeled feet.

Monty pinched the bridge of his nose as he calmly stated; "Ma'am, for the last time, this isn't a animal shelter or a adoption center, you can't buy anything here. It is a clinic."

"I'm telling you, this fish is dead!" She pointed aggressively at the still Rainbow Cichlid fish in the tank.

"Fish can't drown."

"I want your manager!"

"I own this building."

As they were distracted, (Y/N) had no idea how, but she found a bag of fish food on one of the shelves. She looked at the title print on it.

"Fluval Bug Bites Pellets", "Ew..." looking at the diet description, she smiled knowing this is  a good thing to feed to a cichlid. Walking over to the tank, passed the still arguing adults, (Y/N) noticed this was a type of Central American rainbow cichlid.

She breathed a sigh of relief that her fingers weren't going to get bitten, this fish is one of the few of its family to be peaceful and dormant around other different species of fish. Scooping a handful of pellets, (with the gloves on) she gently dropped them on the surface of the water.

The results were immediate. The cichlid switched right up and attacked the pellets, making the girl giggle. Hearing that, the adults stopped their screaming (albeit the lady) and turned to (Y/N), their jaws dropping at the sight of a lively cichlid.

"W-Wha—?! How?!" The old woman stumbled over her words, her face hearing up in embarrassment as Monty chuckled and crossed his  arms proudly.

(Y/N) walked over to the pamphlets and brochures for cichlids and other species, moving back over to the woman. "Cichlid's are known to play dead to catch prey when they hunt. Here is some information to use, so you  can understand a little better."

"Understand?! Ugh!, how dare—!"

"I don't mean to interrupt but, I would suggest some tank mates for your rainbow cichlid." (Y/N) politely tried not to snap at the lady. "Catfish, Tetras, and Giant Danios are great to start with! I would say others but I don't know how to say them."

Monty could clearly see her internal struggle while trying not to laugh out loud at how this lady was getting owned by a 14 year old girl because she couldn't take of a fish.

The old lady couldn't believe what she was being told. "Ugh!" She stomped over to her tank and grabbed it, some of the water swishing around onto the floor as she bee-lined for the door. "Teach your daughter some respect!"

"Actually—" before he could say anything, she slammed the door, shaking the hedges slightly as some of the dogs barked at the interruption of their naps. Calming them down, Monty fixed (Y/N) with a proud stare and jumping when he saw she was holding a picture frame.

(Y/N) couldn't say anything as she stared at the  smiling faces of the family photo, she'll admit, she's been watching it since she got here. It was a family of three: Monty, a woman and a baby girl. Possibly a newborn from the looks of it.

(Y/N) looked closer at the parents. Monty didn't have any of the scars on him as he did now, didn't have as much muscle mass either. The woman having shoulder (W/C) length hair, and bright eyes as she leaned into the hold of her lover.

She pulled her eyes away from the woman and to the baby. She had (H/C) hair from the father and (E/C) eyes from the mother and was wrapped in a (F/P) printed blanket, her little feet poking out with a big gummy smile on her round face. Why did it look like her?

But what got her attention was the way too big pendent she was holding, the blanket giving enough support to hold the thin rope it was attached to. It was a shell in a beautiful azure blue with specs of purple at ends. Sliver lining and glass wrapped around it to indicate to ridges of it. She felt connected to it in a weird way.

Before she could question herself on it, a hand made its way on her shoulder, making her look up at a melancholy Monty. Her expression shown concern, "You have a family, Monty?"

He nodded solemnly, "Yep—well, used to anyway." (Y/N) took a breath to calm her breathing heart, confused as to why she was getting nervous. "Your wife is very pretty!"

"Yeah... she is, isn't she?" He threw on a smile, but she knew better. He was hurting. But (Y/N) didn't know how to make it better other than asking more questions.

"Um, what about the bab—?"

"Let's go see what the others are doing!" He abruptly cut her off, gently taking the photo back and placing it on a higher shelf before marching over the the door and tossing a "Taking a break" sign on it as he held it open for her.

She frowned suspiciously as he avoided her eyes on the walk over to the docks. Changing the topic every time she mentioned it.

He knew something, and it probably had something to do with that photo and it involved her. She didn't know what it was but she's was gonna find out.

. . . . .

"Oh my goodness." (Y/N) stared at the fish filled boat with wide-eyes, Monty nodding with her in agreement. "Took the words right out of my mouth, kiddo."

They jumped when they heard tires screeching, turning around to see Guilia raise her arms above her head in victory with a stop watch in her right hand. "Ha-ha! New personal best!"

She opened to her eyes and looked at the two, smiling, "Did you see that? I got a new record!"

(Y/N) and Monty interrupted her by pointing at the boat, Guilia turned her attention to it and gasped, muttering under her breath. "Santo pecorino."

"Shoo! Shoo!" Alberto tried his best to scare away the seagulls, smirking in victory and climbing off the boat with Luca when Monty walked over with (Y/N) and Guilia.

"Your friends do know fish." Massimo smiles as he placed a hand on Alberto's shoulder as (Y/N) and Luca gave each other two excited thumbs up.

"Benissimo!" Guilia laughs and hugs (Y/N)'s arm, "Ooh, let's go sign up!"

______________
Note: hey hey hey!!! I hope you guys liked this chapter!!! You guys got some fishy facts about the Rainbow Cichlid! They're actually pretty interesting.

I really do hope so, I mean you got a bit of Monty's background and his job—

Some of you were probably expecting (Y/N) to be on the boat with Luca and Alberto, buuutt I kinda wanted her and Monty to have some bonding time (with the moment being freakin hilarious!) . That and I don't think there would've been any room on the boat! 😅😅 (not to mention the alpha fight between her and the freakin cat!)

I can't believe I legit wrote a Karin—

___________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 2476

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 64 61
This story is inspired by Pixar's New Movie, Luca. About the movie Luca: Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, Disney and Pixar's o...
38 0 24
How far are you willing to seek the opportunity for new adventure, not knowing that it will put the only friends you have, and possibly your very lif...
348 0 11
In Genova, school is finally out for two Underdogs, Luca and Giulia, who are both more than excited to go back to Portorosso and reunite with Alberto...
1.7K 34 14
y/n was taken away from her home in Encanto as a young girl. She was Mirabel and Camilo's closest friend when they were kids. Years later when Tia Ju...