The Farm Life Of a "Fool"

Oleh Haisizlien

TRANSMIGRATION: THE FARM LIFE OF A "FOOL" Xu Ran has been working in a company for two years after graduating... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Side 1-2
Side 3-4
Side 5-6
Side 7-8
Side 9-10
Side 11-12
Side 13-14
Side 15-16
Side 17-18
Side 19-20
Side 21-22
Side 23-25

Chapter 166

981 41 1
Oleh Haisizlien

The yard door has nothing to do with anything. Xu Ran walked in after lightly pushing the door open. When he returned home, it was lunchtime. In the kitchen, Liu Tong and Baozi could be heard. 

While eating, Liu Tong was talking to Baozi and instructing him not to steal food. With his hands in his arms, Xu Ran leaned against the door, watching Baozi poke the dish from time to time. He wanted to take it, but he wasn't brave enough. Xu Ran gave a gentle smile.

His attention on Baozi appeared to be too blatant, causing Baozi to feel uncomfortable and turn back to face the door. Baozi was going to call Xu Ran when Xu Ran reached out and made a hand gesture to stop him. 

Baozi grabbed him right away, covered his mouth, and sat back in his chair. The trembling of his shoulder was visible to Xu Ran. He's probably giggling right now.

With the bowl in his hand, Liu Tong turned back to see Baozi concealing his lips. He claimed that he had stolen it once more and said, "Why don't you listen to Daddy, Baozi? I told you not to grab it with your hand, didn't I? Didn't I warn you that grabbing food with your hands would make you sick? Chopsticks are placed on the table. Pick them up with chopsticks if you want to eat them. If I find you grabbing food with your hands again, I'll have to hit you."

Liu Tong subconsciously raised his fist. This action must have been learned from Xu Ran.

Xu Ran was watching at the door. He did not expect that he would influence Liu Tong so deeply.

Baozi, who was wronged, stopped smiling. He took his little hand away from his mouth and said to Liu Tong, "Daddy, I promise I really didn't steal food. I just covered my mouth because of a smile. Dad also said that the unclean food wouldn't get me sick. Daddy, who do you want me to listen to?"

Baozi's words made Liu Tong speechless. Thinking that Ran said these two sentences, he didn't know what to say now.

Looking at Liu Tong's awkward expression, Xu Ran could not help but walked in from the door and patted on the back of Baozi's head and said, " Just listen to your Daddy. Who told you to talk back? Be careful or I'll punch you."

Xu Ran's threat had upset Baozi greatly. He went off the stool and grabbed Xu Ran's thigh, indicating his intention to confront him.

Xu Ran just ignored him and turned his eyes to Liu Tong.

Liu Tong saw Xu Ran and his frown relaxed immediately. His face was full of smiles, "Ran, you're back."

Xu Ran also looked at him in full of silently conveyed tenderness and nodded, "Yes. Was Baozi obedient during my absence? I told you to punch him, he can't beat you anyway."

Liu Tong became further happier as a result of Xu Ran's words, whereas Baozi became even more unhappy. He gripped Xu Ran's hand and bit it hard.

 After that, he clenched his teeth and gave Xu Ran an arrogant attitude. There was no blood, but there was a deep tooth mark. Xu Ran wasn't in much pain, but he couldn't pass up the opportunity to teach Baozi a lesson. 

Xu Ran picked Baozi's buttocks and slapped them. Xu Ran had already finished slapping by the time Baozi realized it. Baozi could only stare at Xu Ran, unsure whether to cry or not.

Xu Ran put down Baozi and said, "This is just a small lesson. You started to bite before we say anything to you. I'll never let this become a habit for you. I'll beat you up with a stick if you make this mistake again!"

In his house, he had a wooden stick that he liked to beat people with, especially Baozi. Because he was a child who was disobedient. 

Many times, Baozi had been beaten with the wooden stick. It hasn't been utilized in a very long time. This is something Baozi has almost forgotten about.

Baozi's immediate reaction upon hearing Xu Ran's words was to conceal his butt with his hands. Xu Ran sat down to eat with Liu Tong, ignoring him. When Baozi noticed that Xu Ran had neglected him, he felt duped and sat down with a bitter face.

Baozi carefully pulled the corner of Xu Ran's shirt, "Dad, I know I'm wrong. Please don't ignore me."

His pitiful look would have softened every one's heart, not to mention the fact that he was his favorite childe.

Xu Ran rubbed his head and said, "I haven't been home for a long time and I thought that you would really miss me, but I never expected that when I came back, I would see you talking back to your Daddy. What can I say? It's not like I've never hit you before, but your mistakes are different every time. I can't predict what kind of mistake you will make next time."

When Baozi heard Xu Ran's words, he felt even more aggrieved. He threw himself into Xu Ran's arms, buried his head in his chest and sobbed softly with his shoulder.

Xu Ran patted him on the back and said, "Your two brothers were pushed to the ground when they were five years old and didn't cry. How could you cry so much? Did you drink too much water every day?"

Baozi immediately raised his head and retorted, "No, I didn't drink drunk as much as Daddy. I'm so young, I can only drink a little," Baozi even stretched out his hand to measure it.

Seeing that he was in the mood to refute, Xu Ran was not worried that he would be upset anymore. He put him back on the ground and stood up to hold him. "Let's go to wash our hands and we could have lunch after that. I haven't had any of your Daddy's cooking for a long time."

Xu Ran was likewise skilled at being pitiful, but Baozi had already seen through him and said that he would not fall for it.

He shook Xu Ran's hand and walked over to the sink to wash his hands. Xu Ran gave him a pathetic expression and trailed behind him. Since they hadn't seen one other in seven days, Baozi must have been missing him. 

Liu Tong isn't even mentioned. When they were eating, he continued saying that Xu Ran had lost weight and picking food into his bowl for him. He even forgot about Baozi, giving Baozi the impression that Daddy had lost interest in him.

Xu Ran and the rest were probably unaware of his inner struggle.

After lunch, the family gathered around the stove to talk, mainly to tease Baozi.

During the previous three months, Baozi had learned a lot from Xiao Qingyun. 

He knew the basics of what he needed to know. Xiao Qingyun did not specify what he should do, so he was unaware of the situation for the time being, but Xu Ran was still pleased with Baozi's performance. 

Liu Tong got up after a long period of busy work and said that he was going to plant garlic. Baozi has been begging for a garlic bolt for a few days.

 Xu Ran had already suggested this idea at Xu Village. During the winter, their family would plant garlic bolt in the house for several years. It was a hit with the kids. They observed that the garlic bolt tasted better in the winter.

Xu Ran stood up and said, "Then I'll join you! How much garlic is there? Let's plant more."

Liu Tong went to get a little dustpan. Half of it was filled with garlic flakes. Liu Tong waved it at Xu Ran and said, "That's all we have. I bought it this morning when I went to buy some vegetables. Although there is garlic in Yanzhou , there aren't many people who plant it."

Xu Ran looked at the garlic flakes in the dustpan and said, "That would be enough. We won't eat much."

"Well," Liu Tong nodded. "I've prepared the basin and mud. It's in the yard. Let's go and plant it."

With a dustpan in hand, Liu Tong exited the room. Xu Ran and Baozi trailed behind him, and the three of them knelt in the yard to plant garlic. Baozi would make a fool of himself from time to time, making Xu Ran and Liu Tong laugh. 

Warmth radiated from the little yard. 

September was a month filled with a lot of labor. Tangtang and Guoguo returned home in early November. They could only stay at home for three days this time. They'd have to wait till the New Year if they wanted to return after these three days.

These two children were sorely mourned by the entire family. They were treated to a feast of delectable food and beverages. 

Xu Ran took them to the coal factory to inspect the potatoes and corns that had been stored in the mansion, and then fried a large quantity of potatoes for them.

 He also took the two kids to see King Yan's enormous herd of cows and lambs, as well as a large field of grass. 

It only took a few months for King Yan's sheep, which he had sent from other locations, to grow to twice their original size.

The grass on the ground was still there, and the cows and sheep were still resting on it. 

The cowshed and sheep shed were to be built on the outskirts of the grass. This herd of cows and sheep could be eaten or sold by this time next year. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was more worried with wool, goat's milk.

 Xu Ran pointed to the cows and sheep, explaining to Tangtang and Guoguo how to profit from them while without harming them. Xu Ran didn't want Tangtang and Guoguo to get involved in business because they didn't know anything about it.

 He simply provided them with some basic information in order for them to comprehend.

Xu Ran's words have always been taken seriously by Tangtang and Guoguo. 

They were aware that Xu Ran was acting in their best interests. The two children's faith in Xu Ran was almost blinding. Xu Ran have the ability to do whatever in their minds. 

Even if it was a little overblown, that was the boys' true feelings. Within a day, Xu Ran escorted the two children to several different locations in Yanzhou. 

They saw a lot of different things and met a lot of different people. Despite the fact that they had no idea what Xu Ran's motivation was, they took everything seriously.

Xu Ran told them the reason during dinner. He said to Tangtang and Guoguo, "We've been in Yanzhou for a whole year. In the future, we'll have to stay here for a few years. I don't know how long it will take. I've taken you to a lot of places today. I hope you can consider what you can do to improve Yanzhou's current position and allow the city to develop more effectively, which is also a favor to your uncle."

Although Xu Ran said it lightly, Tangtang and Guoguo did not dare to be as relaxed as him. They knew that Xu Ran was serious and he wanted a satisfactory answer from them.

Tangtang and Guoguo nodded earnestly. "Dad, we get it. We'll think about it seriously."

Xu Ran said, "Take your time. Just tell me the answer when you come back for the New Year."

"Okay," Tangtang and Guoguo replied.

After a three-day break at home, Tangtang and Guoguo returned to the military camp. Baozi continued to go to King Yan's mansion every day at this time, while Liu Tong was out and about. He would occasionally go out with Xu Ran.

 Xu Ran has been developing his glove company since the previous time they wore gloves to move corns. Many older women in Yanzhou Prefecture volunteered to assist him create gloves. 

The quality, thickness, color, and style of these gloves varied. They would sell gloves not only in Yanzhou Prefecture, but also in other places. As a result, they made a lot of money after a month.

Naturally, money came not just from the sale of gloves, but also from scarves and bags. Among them, backpacks were useful because they could contain a lot of stuff while also supporting weight. 

Scarves, on the other hand, were lovely and appealing. Because the majority of those who purchased scarves were youthful Ge'ers and Xiaozis, they naturally want gorgeous scarves. 

These earnings amounted to half of the Red Mansion's overall income each month. Xu Ran's family didn't have any additional expenses, so he deposited the entire sum in the bank. 

More money, in any case, was not a bad thing. He was well aware that money would always be required in the future. That's what he was thinking about in the first place.

Xu Ran had also organized two teams to sell honeycomb briquettes in other locations. The teams began to make money at this point. 

They returned once every three to five days at the moment. When they returned to work, they brought with them an increasing number of honeycomb briquettes. 

Xu Ran had intended to offer to King Yan that he prepare two shops to sell the honeycomb briquettes, but King Yan had rejected the suggestion. 

He was adamant that Yanzhou Mansion was his sole domain. Other places, on the other hand, were off-limits to him. If he became concerned in anything other than his mansion, he would be readily targeted by his adversary.

In any case, it was impossible to hide the fact that the honeycomb briquettes were made in Yanzhou Prefecture. Furthermore, on the day of the coal plant's opening, King Yan personally arrived and gave a speech. 

This coal industry, of course, belonged to King Yan. As a result, they couldn't afford to be negligent. This was King Yan's problem, but Xu Ran knew he couldn't do anything about it.

On second thought, Xu Ran recognized that since they hadn't put up shops selling honeycomb briquettes, it would be better to allow these entrepreneurs do more business outdoors. 

It was easier for them to conduct business in this manner, and they could readily send messages across different locations. Xu Ran decided not to mention it any longer and simply let these people go about their business!

Yanzhou's winters, like last year's, have been bitterly cold in recent years. This year, however, things were considerably better there. At the very least, there were no beggars on the streets or in the city's crumbling temples. 

More importantly, this year, no one would starve to death. Xu Ran not only oversaw and coached the coal factory's sales team, but he also instructed the team selling gloves. 

In fact, so many individuals working in the sales department may not be essential, but their primary goal was to find a method for these people to survive so that they could support themselves through their own labor. Even if Xu Ran and others earned less this way, they were happy.

At the same time, they'd have another major task to complete this winter: clearing wasteland where potatoes and corn had previously been planted. 

They'd clear a lot of area and wait until the following year to sow potatoes and corn. Every day, the folks who worked on the mountain would be paid five pence, plus they'd get a free lunch. King Yan provided the funds, and the people who arrived were trustworthy and capable. 

Those who attempted to cheat on the spot were all thrown out. The people who arrived to supervise their labor were all dispatched from the military camp by King Yan, which served as a deterrence to the workers.

Everyone had been honest since those few people who had cheated were caught. They worked honestly every day and were paid every seven days for their efforts. Everything was fine, and they were living a happy life.

Xu Ran created a new meal called fried pork with garlic sprouts at the Red House on October 20th. It wasn't a hotpot dish, but rather a fried dish. 

This was Red House's first fried dish since they started selling hotpot. Xu Ran encouraged several regular customers to try the dish for free on the first day. 

Xu Ran didn't expect this to sell out at first, but there were plenty of garlic sprouts at home. For a while, his family was unable to finish them. As a result, he went through with Du Xin's plan and even sent some to Yan King's mansion. For a foodie, the most important thing for him was to consume delicious food frequently.

In the same way, they would be considerate of others. Naturally, Xu Ran enjoyed sharing his favorite foods with others. Xu Ran decided to visit the Red House after hearing Du Xin's admiration. If the dinner was well received, he would simply cover a big area with garlic sprouts. 

The Red House formally debuted this dish to the diners the next day, after a few people had sampled it and complimented it. Despite the fact that it was not inexpensive, it was praised by many people, mostly because it was fresh and excellent.

The impact was palpable. Garlic sprouts for the meal were out of stock in less than two days. Xu Ran had no choice but to put an end to this popular delicacy. However, it was not as if the food would disappear. 

Everyone would be happy as long as the new garlic sprouts appeared. Xu Ran gave this as an explanation. The majority of those present were unsatisfied with this answer, but there was no way and they couldn't do it because no garlic sprouts remained.

Just as Xu Ran had mentioned in the beginning, this dish was just introduced and no one was sure about its effect. As for whether it would sell out in the end, no one was sure about it. If it received a good reception, it would sell well. If it was not good, then it would not sell again.

The result proved that this dish was so delicious that people who had tasted it sang highly of it. Those who failed to try this dish could only express regret and hope to taste it once it came out again next time.

In fact, Xu Ran was worried about the situation. Although they had garlic now, it needed time for garlic seeds to grow. Another important thing was that they had to find fields to grow so many garlic seedlings.

Of course, they could plant some garlic seedlings around their own home, but the places were definitely not enough. At the moment, all were planted in pots and a lot of pots were thus needed.

And more pots would take up more space. It was a real hassle. In fact, it's not that Xu Ran didn't think of other ways, but that they hadn't tried outdoor planting. Thus he didn't know whether it worked or not.

Xu Ran told Liu Tong about his troubles. Liu Tong thus went to King Yan's mansion and asked King Yan for a yard as well as many pots. In this way, as long as they kept planting, the business should be fine this year.

However, this method could only help the business this year, and he probably had to think of another way for the demand of next year.

After a new batch of garlic seeds were planted, Xu Ran opened up a tract of land in his own yard, which was just about the size of two dustpans.

Seeing this, Liu Tong was puzzled and asked him what he was doing.

Xu Ran explained, "Garlic seedlings are too difficult to grow in pots. I'll see what I can do about planting them directly in the ground outside. We won't have to bother with one pot after another once it's finished. In that case, it's a real headache."

Looking at the hoar-frost that had not yet completely melted, Liu Tong said, "Ran, it is so cold outside. Is it all right to do so?"

Xu Ran replied as he was waving the hoe in his hands, "How can we know it if we don't have a try on it? Anyway, I won't plant much this time. Even if it doesn't work, it's not a big loss."

Liu Tong didn't ask too many questions after hearing this. He had complete faith in Xu Ran. As a result, Xu Ran sowed two rows of garlic seeds on this small plot of soil and waited for them to establish roots.

 Xu Ran did, however, try to cover the seeds with some branches outdoors, as the garlic would have died if they had been frozen to death before they had grown out.

The days flew by in a flash. It had been a year since Xu Ran and his companions arrived in Yanzhou. To commemorate the occasion, King Yan invited their family to dine at his mansion. The whole of the family was present, with the exception of Tangtang and Guoguo, who were in the military camp. 

During supper, King Yan personally opened a jar of wine, Yanzhou's distinctive almond wine, which was the most loved among Yanzhou residents. It was believed to be well-known for its flavor. 

King Yan was completely unaware of what had occurred today. He sounded rather sentimental, and the audience drank the entire jar of wine.

King Yan's words were intended to express gratitude to Xu Ran. Xu Ran, he claimed, was a lucky star. He not only looked after his brother, but he also contributed to the improvement of Yanzhou since his arrival. 

Even the old emperor's condition had deteriorated. No one knew if the ancient monarch would make it through the year. When King Yan said this, he appeared to be overjoyed. He seemed to believe that by the end of the year, everything will be OK.

However, Xu Ran said, "It's best to let the old king survive the new year. Otherwise, you'll probably be in trouble this year. The barbarians have been casting covetous eyes on the Yanzhou Mansion. If there's any change in the court, the barbarians may come at any moment. I still hope that we can enjoy a peaceful new year."

King Yan thought about what Xu Ran said and knew that he made sense, so he stopped talking about it. Although he really wanted to eliminate the barbarians if they dared come, it was still not the time to expose his strength.

Alas! King Yan sighed. Sure enough, he still had to wait!

He'd been waiting for so much, and he wasn't ready to wait any longer. Except for the Ge'ers and youngsters there, who were unconcerned about the situation, everyone else could see what was going on.

Xu Ran walked behind King Yan with a cup in his hand and patted him on the shoulder, "King Yan, you've been waiting for so many years now. Why not wait for another year? It is just as what you said last year that as long as the old year passed, everything would be better. Thus this year will be the same and everything will be fine."

Xu Ran sounded confident. There seemed to be some type of sorcery that drew King Yan in, causing him to believe what Xu Ran had stated unconsciously.

He became even more lazy.

09.16.21

a few more chapters and the story's nearly ending :(

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

117K 7.7K 38
Jeon Jungkook n Kim Taehyung
27K 3K 54
❝Because we pray, he affects our lives.❞ Kaila Jorden was now an on fire for God girl, with all her life as good as it can be. She's dating the boy o...
156K 6.5K 90
反派Alpha怀孕了 Status : 87 Chapters + 2 Extra (Completed) Author : 薄桃 Si Huaixi got bored while playing with zombies in the end times and picked up a n...
Erica Oleh Sam

Fiksi Sejarah

2.8M 153K 89
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...