Guy for rent

بواسطة KatherineTheAUWriter

Marinette Dupain Cheng, the famous fashion designer of Paris and the owner of the DC fashion company was fed... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Prank Chapter
Prank chapter 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
NEW BOOK ALERT

Chapter 26

1.9K 67 58
بواسطة KatherineTheAUWriter

Hey guys! My first-year final exam of college was going on and it's finally over! (though 2nd year will start again in two weeks) but now I was peacefully able to complete this chapter.

And... I watched all the season 4 episodes today which are out including "wishmaker" and I FUCKING SCREAMED! 

I cried in some episodes while in some I laughed my heart out and in some I swooned...

I can't believe what I was missing on for so long!

I am not gonna put any spoiler here as there might be some readers who are not watching it yet but still I wanna say one thing...

I love Luka Couffaine...

Well... enjoy this 2 days early chapter

***

Marinette was having a peaceful day. She had a lovely breakfast with her parents and the love of her life. She left for work a little early so that she can have a half-day and spend it with her parents.

Luckily, all the work went smoothly including the preparations for the spring line fashion show which made her return home as she planned, only to shriek when she found her parents showing Adrien her childhood albums and sharing some embarrassing stories which she wouldn't want even for him to know.

Well, as peaceful as that could be.

Adrien didn't leave a single chance after that to tease her. Clearly, he was taking revenge for yesterday.

Yesterday when they came back from the orphanage, Adrien and Marinette found that her parents didn't unpack. On asking why they told someone's clothes and things were already there.

And that someone was Adrien.

He... they forgot to shift his things to her room. But Marinette was quick to cover it up by saying that she keeps outfits in their wardrobe, on which she wants to closely work on by herself which leaves no room for Adrien and that's why he was using the spare wardrobe in the room till now.

After that, he went like "sometimes I feel like she loves her work more than me" or "she once threw me out of the room"

And that led her parents to scold her for something which she didn't even do. That got her so angry at him.

After shifting his things to her room and when it was time to sleep, Adrien opened his arms for her but to his surprise, she just got on the bed and slide inside the blanket to go to sleep.

To his protests, she replied "you only said that I love my work more than you... so I am going to sleep so that I can wake up early to go to work"

And this is what he was taking revenge for.

And if the list of tomorrow's incidents is continued then it should be mentioned that many tears were shed when it was time for her and Adrien to leave the orphanage. Some were of Erica and some of them were Adrien's, maybe hers too. Erica was so reluctant for him to leave and so was he but he knew he had to go. Erica even refused to go to sleep with Adrien by her side because she knew that if she fell asleep he would leave.

After strolling with Erica in arms, Adrien finally managed to get her to sleep. It broke his heart to leave but he knew it was the right thing to do like she did.

But thanks to her father, Adrien's mood was lifted up today when Marinette, Tom and Adrien competed in Ultimate mega strike IV which Tom brought with him to relieve the old moments with his daughter but also got to play with another expert player.

There were many shoutings like "Booyah!" or "you cheated" or "ha! I won again"

But all the remaining peace went out of the window when a screaming Chloe came inside the house, shouting "I AM ENGAGED" and soon stopping in her screaming on noticing Marinette's parents whom she completely forgot about.

Blushing in embarrassment she said her apologies to them but in return got congratulations from them and their blessings for both her and Luka.

Adrien congratulated Luka and gave him a hug and told him how happy he was for him and discreetly mentioned how much he wished he could have seen Luka's and Juleka's university lives which rose a guilty feeling inside Luka but he didn't show it.

When Marinette congratulated her, Chloe didn't found her as much surprised as she thought she would be which made her understand that she already knew. Chloe threw a tantrum of that saying "If you would have told me I would have dressed even better for such an important surprising moment"

On which she got mocked by Adrien "but Chloe if Marinette would have told you it wouldn't have been 'such an important surprising moment' "

Adrien earned a glare from Chloe while from others he earned giggles.

And after that Chloe forgave Marinette.

Rest was followed by the discussion that how Chloe and Luka want their wedding to happen. And in that discuss only two young excited ladies were talking, about what they planned in their teenage years while others calmly listening.

And in between that they had Sabine gushing on how beautiful the ring is.

When the poor soon to be groom was noticed a few times by Marinette and Chloe and was asked what he wants his wedding to be like, on that he only smiled and said "I am alright with anything until my lovely fiance likes it"

Chloe blushed for the second time after coming here and this time more deeply. This was the first time Luka mentioned her as his fiance in front of someone. And if Chloe would have said that it didn't flutter her heart and butterflies in her stomach, then it would have been a lie.

In their mid talk, Chloe said, moreover demanded "you are going to design our wedding and reception dresses Marinette no matter how busy you will be"

"Of course I will. Do you really think I would let anyone else design your dresses? I would work on them with my own hands at every little detail when the time will come. Well, that makes me ask... when are you planning on getting married?" Marinette asked.

Chloe shifted in her seat while Luka looked like he was bracing for something. Both of them nervously looking at Marinette... and cautiously.

"Umm... as soon as possible" came Chloe's reply.

"As soon as possible? Like in 3 to 4 months?" Marinette asked.

"Sooner than that..." Chloe replied biting her bottom lip.

"Now as sooner as I can think is a month" Marinette said huffing and leaning back into her seat.

Chloe let out a deep breath, there wasn't any way to say this without having a lashing out Marinette so she decided to just let it out.

"Thursday" That's all Chloe said.

Marinette creased her brows and tilting her head questioningly she asked "like last Thursday of this month?"

Chloe shook her head and with a nervous smile and honey voice, she said "maybe... this upcoming... Thursday"

For a few seconds, she blinked at her best friend but then let out a chuckle and said "your joking"

Chloe just sat there staring at her with a look between forgive me and a pleading look.

When Chloe didn't say anything, Marinette was confirmed with her fears and she finally lashed out as Chloe and Luka expected her to, "You gotta be fucking kidding with me!" she shouted as she sprung up from her seat.

"Marinette language!" her mother scolded.

Adrien sprung up too and put his hands on her shoulder to calm her down.

"Marinette please hear me out-" Chloe started but was cut off by Marinette "no! you listen to me. What the hell are you thinking. This is a marriage, not a small get-together tea party. I know you both have been wanting to get married for a long time but this is too soon"

Chloe approached Marinette and taking her both hands in hers she said "I know it's too soon Marinette and trust me, we both are not getting married so soon out of desperation. It's just that... you know that in months the election campaign is about to start and this time I will be standing in the place of my father. So I have to start preparing from the next month and I will be super busy with it. Luka's new album is going to release next month too and after that, he will be off on a world tour. We won't have time Mari, this is our only chance. If we get married this Thursday then we will have two weeks to spend together before we get busy with our careers"

Silence fell upon as others stared at the two girls.

Adrien looked at Luka as if asking him if that's what he wants. When Luka nodded in confirmation Adrien squeezed Marinette's shoulders and said "Marinette if this is what they want then shouldn't we support them"

"Adrien is right sweetie, I know it sounds like an irrational or rushed decision but if they are happy with it so what's wrong with it?" Sabine asked her daughter.

When Marinette didn't say anything Tom asked "Marinette, why are you so much against it?"

"I am-I am not, it's just that-" Marinette started and squeezing Chloe's hands she said "you are my best friend Chloe and I want this marriage to happen just the way you always wanted. You always talked about that big day of yours with so much passion and if you get married in so much rush then I don't think that you would be able to do everything you always planned. I want you to get married the way you always dreamed..."

"Oh, Marinette..." Chloe hugged her best friend as she was just reminded that how much she loves her.

"Marinette this is what I want..." Chloe said pulling away from hug "all I want is my family, which is you, Luka, my dad, Tom, Sabine... and Adrien"

Adrien looked at Chloe in surprise with wide eyes while Marinette and Luka smiled.

"Don't look so surprised Adrien, maybe we aren't close yet but you are my boyfriend's... I mean my fiance's best friend and my best friend's boyfriend, so you are my family too" Chloe said, passing Adrien a smile and emphasizing on 'her best friend's boyfriend' indicating that it would soon happen.

Chloe and Luka don't know yet, both Marinette and Adrien thought.

Adrien felt at the loss for words. He never expected this from Chloe but still managed to speak "that... that means a lot to me Chloe, thank you"

"Ah, don't thank me, just help me to keep these two happy" Chloe said pointing out at Marinette and Luka to which Adrien said "always..."

A sniffing sound was heard by the four young adults and they turned to look at the source of the sound and found Tom crying and Sabine standing in awe with her hands clasped together and placed below her tilted cheek.

"Papa, you alright?" Marinette asked.

"I am more than alright. My one daughter is about to get married in 2 days and one I can already tell will get married soon too with the men who love them so much. Oh! I am so happy!" Tom gushed as Sabine chuckled at her grown-up man's behavior.

The four young adults giggled in unison but then it clicked Marinette and she said "Wait..."

Chloe, Luka and Adrien looked at Marinette questionably as she said "today is Monday and the wedding is on Thursday and just the next day with being the spring line Fashion show... that means I have only 2 freaking days to get the dresses ready for the bride, groom, maid of honor, I already know I will be the maid of honor... it is me, right?" Marinette asked with a worried expression

"Of course it is you. Don't be ridiculous" Chloe said as a matter-of-fact way.

"Just confirming, and also for groom's best man" Marinette said hinting to Luka.

"Then you should ask Adrien how he wants his best man's suit to be" Luka said motioning towards Adrien.

This got Adrien surprised for the second time today. Here he was worried that Luka would invite him to his wedding or not because he hasn't forgiven him yet for what happened in the past. But maybe he is finally ready to forgive him if he is asking for him to be his best man.

That sparked hope inside Adrien and as he had to be discreet to Marinette's parents as they don't know about them he said "I will talk to Marinette later about it" indicating to Luka that he will be his best man.

Chloe and Marinette smiled at their guys on seeing their rekindling friendship.

Then Marinette sighed "I don't know if I will be able to do so much work in such a short amount of time. I think I would have to buy dresses and suits for me, Adrien, Maman, and Papa, that way at least I think I will be able to work on your and Luka's wedding and reception dresses. I still can't believe it's happening so fast, it was just two days ago Luka told us that he is going to propose..."

"I know and I am sorry" Chloe said.

"Don't be. If you are happy then I am too" Marinette said and continued "also I need to work on designs too for the dresses. My mind doesn't work that great in rush"

"What about the designs you made when we were teenagers?" Chloe asked.

"Chloe I made those designs years ago" Marinette said.

"But I remember them. You poured your heart out in them and I absolutely loved what you had designed for me" Chloe said.

"Are you sure you want that?" Marinette asked on which Chloe replied "Absolutely"

"Then it's final. We will go back to my old room at the bakery and find my sketchbook with the design and I will immediately start working on it" Marinette said forming out the plan as she tapped her chin.

"And you can even decide the cake design if you're going to be there. I want to make my daughter's wedding cake" Tom said, rubbing his hands excitedly.

"We were going to ask you for it" Luka said.

"Then it's final. For now, let's get these things decided so that we are able to move on to the next ones" Marinette said.

"I have already contacted Paris's top wedding planner. It was hard to get him on such short notice but I finally did. He will be there at the Grand Palace hotel by evening" Luka informed.

"Well... aren't you fast on planning your wedding? I wouldn't be surprised if you already planned your honeymoon" Adrien nudged Luka teasingly on which he blushed.

"Adrien!" Marinette scolded.

Tom's and Sabine's laughter echoed in their ears.

"Looks like you will get to see Marinette's old room" Chloe said to Adrien elbowing Marinette.

"What about her room?" Adrien asked curiously.

"It's too much... " Chloe started but stopped and said before giggling at Marinette's pouty face "you will see when we will reach there"

***

 Thank you for reading!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

Have a nice day!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

13.4K 1K 14
----------------- Nino: do you know who you just kissed? Marinette: I'm s-sorry, I-I should leave The bluenette passed the blond and his bodyguards...
379K 5.2K 26
[COMPLETED] "𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨?" 𝗔𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮...
78.8K 2.7K 26
WARNING: there's a lot of spelling mistakes in this book. Perhaps read when it's fully edited!!!! ~~~ Due to some problems at home, Adrien starts mi...
215K 3.6K 52
Marinette suffers a life threatening disease. Only her parents know until she bumps into Adrien at the hospital. She begs him to keep it a secret an...