RJO - The Valen Saga

By mr_cyanide

NOTE: THIS BOOK IS A SEQUEL TO ONE OF MY PREVIOUS BOOKS. IF YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND THIS BOOK, READ "REMNANT'S... More

BIO - CYRUS VALEN
A World Forever Changed
Yang's Investigation
Secrets in the Vacuo Desert
The Dark Halls
The Jedi Hunter
The New Sith
The Demon Mages
A Four Faction War
The Valerins Make Their Play
The Monster
Cyrus' Undiscovered Power
The Silver Hand
BIO - THE DEMON MAGES
The Pieces Make Their Moves
Attempting An Awakening
Purpose
First Skirmish
Who Could He Be?
Who He Truly Is
The Order's Burden
Fear
A's Power
Insurrection
Project Alpha: The Failed Experiment
Replacement
Project Beta: Iron Death
The First of Many
Remember

The Jedi High Council

345 3 5
By mr_cyanide

In a dark room, a man could be seen walking towards a desk. A lamp on the desk provided the room's only light. The man stood above the desk sifting through papers. As he did this, he was completely oblivious to the figure approaching him from the shadows. At this moment, the man seemed to find what he was looking for and smirked as a result.

Man: Perfect.

As he said this, the figure behind him silently got closer and closer. By the time he realized he was not alone, it was too late. He swiftly turned around and was met with a lightsaber blade through the torso. He looked down and saw its red coloration.

Man: Wh- Who are you?

The figure didn't respond. She simply removed their lightsaber from the man's torso. She left the man to lie limp on the floor and approached the desk. She picked up the paper on the top of the pile and examined it. 

Figure: So this is their plan of attack... How stupid are they?

The girl pulled a holo-disk out of her cloak and turned it on. A hologram of another cloaked figure appeared on the disk. This figure spoke in a much deeper male voice.

Male Figure: The mission?

Figure: I've figured out their plan. All of the witnesses have been killed.

Male: Tell me what the plan is, Darth Crishius.

Crishius: Of course my lord... The Valerins are planning on assassinating the Jedi Council... one by one.

Meanwhile at the Jedi Temple

The large door stood ahead of Cyrus and Weiss. This was the door to the Council Chamber. Cyrus had not been in this chamber for many years, and never during a convening of the High Council. Being present during a convening of the council was considered one of the highest honors a lower ranking Jedi could experience. Now, it was time for Cyrus to experience it himself.

Weiss: Come now, Cyrus. We don't want to keep them waiting.

Weiss stepped forward and opened the door. Inside, Cyrus saw most of the council seats occupied by the Jedi Masters. A few of the seats were unfilled, most notably was the seat for the Grandmaster. Cyrus hesitantly stepped in. and stood at the center of the room. Weiss took a seat at the left end of the room.

Weiss: Apologies. It appears that we came a bit later than expected.

Ren: No apology needed. Now that you've arrived, we can begin planning our next course of action.

Weiss: Of course. What information have we gathered since our last discussion of this subject?

Sariel: Master (L/N)'s investigation in Vacuo has proven that the Valerins were indeed behind the Shade Academy Bombing.

Blake: They've graduated from fearmongering to terrorism.

Cyrus: Valerins?

Weiss: The Valerins are a group spreading Anti-Jedi sentiment on Remnant.

Blake: And now they're hurting people.

Ren: Precisely. Before these attacks, we couldn't realistically do anything to stop them, since silencing them would just prove their point. But now that people are being put in danger, now we have no choice but to intervene.

Sariel: What is your suggestion?

Ren: Yang's investigation in Argus has yielded interesting results. She thinks that Argus may be the location of their headquarters.

The masters appeared surprised.

Ruby: She found something this big so soon?

Ren: Yes. Her results speak for themselves, but that is not the end of it. She has requested that we send assistance in the event of a violent encounter. If I am not mistaken, we have elected to give this task to the young Cyrus.

Cyrus was taken aback by this. He knew that something involving him would be coming up, but he had no idea that they'd trust him with such an important mission.

Weiss: We have made our decision, the only thing left to do is to make sure Cyrus is up for the task.

They turned their heads to Cyrus.

Ren: Young Valen, we know that you may be apprehensive to the dangers that this mission poses. We leave the decision to you.

Cyrus took a moment to ponder this. He knew his answer from the beginning, but he still thought of the possibilities for the future. He then stood proudly and gave his response.

Cyrus: I'll do it, Master Ren. I accept this assignment willingly.

Weiss gave Cyrus an approving nod. He had come so far over the years. He went from a traumatized 6 year-old boy on the streets of Mantle who had known not of the force. Now, he was 17 years old and on the fast track to mastering his gifts and potentially becoming one of the most skilled fighters that the Jedi Order has ever seen.

Ren: Then it's decided. The young Valen will be sent to Argus as soon as possible to convene with Master Xiao Long. Then, we will execute the plan and eliminate the Valerin threat. That will be all. You are all dismissed.

The masters stood up and began to exit through the large door. Cyrus waited for Weiss and walked through the corridor with his master.

Weiss: This will be a big step for you, Cyrus. I have no doubts that you can accomplish these goals flawlessly.

Cyrus: Thank you, master. I won't let you down.

As he gave his master a slight bow, they were approached by another Jedi Master.

Author's Note: I don't own this image, as usual. Don't credit me for this.

Ruby: This is going to be a tough mission for you, young Cyrus.

Cyrus: Master Rose. I assure you that I have the skill to accomplish it.

Ruby: I know you do. I just came to say good luck... and... may the Force be with you.

Cyrus: And also with you...

Cyrus bowed to Ruby and she walked down the corridor.

Weiss: I think it's time we go to the launchpads. Your airship will be ready any minute now.

Cyrus: We? I thought you wouldn't be coming.

Weiss: I won't be, but I'd like to wave you off for your most important mission.

Cyrus: Oh, I see... Thank you, I guess.

Meanwhile at an unknown location

A pair of mechanically augmented eyes opened and stared at the world around them. As the owner of these eyes gained consciousness, they could hear machines whirring to life. It wasn't long before they noticed the scientists and engineers surrounding them. Standing directly in front of them was a figure that seemed familiar and foreign to them at the same time. This man was obscured by shadows, so not every feature could be made out. The owner of the eyes then spoke, but was surprised to hear that their voice, like their vision, was now mechanical in nature.

???1: Who are you people...

The figure in the center stepped out of the shadows, revealing his face to the mechanical person.

???2: I... am your savior.

???1: I did not ask to be saved.

???2: You did not ask to be disfigured either. But these force users... the Jedi and the Sith... they didn't give you a choice.

???1: You want me to be your weapon... your slave... Why should I be little more than your tool of war?

???2: Because I can give you a chance of redemption. A chance at revenge. Revenge on the Jedi who made you who you are right now. I gave you these gifts out of the kindness of my heart. Now I ask that you use them for good. Help us retake our planet from those who have corrupted it. Help the Valerins in their quest for purification.

The mechanical figure paused for a moment before responding.

???1: What do you request of me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 1.7K 61
PLEASE READ So I got the idea for this story when I watched a Star Wars what if video based on the prequels. The what if on what if Qui-gon Jinn tra...
42.6K 695 19
This Star Wars story is a continuation of my Star Wars episode 7 story. Last we left of Y/N Solo and Rey Solana had just found the last Jedi and Y/N...
24.8K 769 24
PLEASE READ. So, this SW story idea came to me while I was playing Star Wars Jedi Survivor. In this story Y/N Starkiller is a Jedi Knight apart of...
62K 1.7K 51
*STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS* You've been training with Emperor Palpatine for years. You've gone on assignments before but nothing like this one... This...