Bound By Marriage

By its_me_shreee

โ€ข๐Ÿฅ‡#1๐šœ๐š ๐š™๐š˜๐šœ๐š’๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐™ถ๐šŽ๐š—๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š• ๐™ต๐š’๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š’๐šœ๐š ๐™ฐ๐š ๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐šœ 2022 โ€ข๐™ฑ๐šŽ๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
โค๏ธA Heartfelt Note Of Gratitudeโค๏ธ
Prologue
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 7

2.8K 197 102
By its_me_shreee

꧁-------❤︎-------꧂

~Author's POV~

After leaving Tiasha's house, both started their journey back home and while travelling back, the weather outside was gradually changing.

The sky was gradually being covered with dark grey clouds and cool breezes started to blow across the place.

On noticing that, a sweet smile crept in Tiasha's face as she lowered the window pane, letting the breeze kiss her cheeks and spread her hand as it touched her skin too.

"Close the window and put your hand inside if not willing you meet with an accident. You aren't a kid Tiasha"

"Huh what?" she asked absent-mindedly, not paying any heed to what he said as she was busy lost im her thoughts.

"Oh god again 'what'? Tiasha why do you keep chanting this 'what' always please tell me" Neil asked as she turned towards him and gave him a weird expression while he continued, "Anyways, I said that close the window"

"Close the window? But why?" she immediately looked at him, pouting like a kid and continued, "The weather is so serene and lovely. These cool breezes which is blowing around and look at the sky" she said pointing above.

"Yeah it's absolutely dark there and nothing is good about darkness and--- " he huffed and continued, "Whatever, Tiasha please close the window"

"NOOOOOO!!! I won't close the window. Chill Neil, just enjoyyyyyyyyy" she dragged the last word and instead lightly peeped her head through the window just for few seconds .

As she peeped her head out of the window and the cool breezes touched her cheeks, a sweet smile plastered her lips and she closed her eyes, unaware of the fact that a pair of eyes was stealing glances of her.

A lightning brought her back to this world as she sat back on the seat, leaning against the headboard and closed her eyes being frightened.

"Ahhh mumma" she grabbed his hand that was on the steering wheel closing her eyes shut.

As he felt her grip on his hand, for a moment, even if it was for milliseconds, his breath got hitched as he felt some kind of warmth in her touch, some kind of comfort, some kind of a feeling which he was definitely unaware of or better to say never wished to be aware of the same while she was completely unaware of her actions.

"What happened to me suddenly?? What's wrong with me??? She is scared and maybe unaware of her actions he held my hand. But why suddenly on a girl's touch, I felt content?? I felt like all my anger and worries just got washed away?? Why???" his mind processed as he looked at his hand that was under her grip, on the steering.

"She isn't any random girl Mr. Neil Khurrana. She is your wife and whether you accept or not it's the truth that you both are not only bound by marriage but something till forever" his heart whispered while his mind rolled the eyes on the statement.

She immediately left her grip on his hand and patted her racing heart and calming her uneven breaths.

"God that was scary" she heaved a breath when her words brought him back on Earth.

"That's why I told you to close the window back then" Neil said maintaing his eyes fixed on the road.

"The weather is changing. It will start raining soon. Anyways, it was just a mere lighting. No worries. But still I won't close the window" she said again directing her face towards the window, looking outside as he sighed a bit, noddding negatively.

"How stubborn you are!!"

"And how grumpy you are!!"

"Fine. Do whatever you want"

"Exactly. Thank you"

"Then get drenched and catch a cold also"

"But it's not raining. Ok forget raining. It's not even drizzling yet. Moreover till now there hasn't been anytime when I didn't get wet in the rain. Also if I get drenched then I will catch a cold and if so happens then just think once. It will be your benefit only. I will not be able to speak then and no one will talk with this Rajdhani Express speed and thus no disturbance. You will be happy Neil. Life will be full sorted" she joked and laughed a loud while Neil looked at her with a expressionless face.

"Right. I will be very happy then" he said turning his face to the other side while his voice sounded different and then Tiasha's laughter gradually decreased it's pitch and finally came to a halt.

She turned her face to the other side and looked at Neil when she found him being kind of strange and his expression was quite different than his usual ones.

"Neil" she said softly.

"Now what???" he replied.

"Neil I was just joking. I didn't mean to hurt you"

"Hurt? Who said I will be hurt?That to because of you?? You think anything related to you matters to me" he masked his emotions as Tiasha felt little upset.

"Ok that was rude" she thought

"No I thought.I am really sorry if my words----"

"----You don't need to be sorry because I don't accept that. And now please keep quiet and let me concentrate on the road" Neil said before she could complete her sentence.

After getting an reply from him, Tiasha without uttering anything had a glance at his face before turning towards the other side and then kept looking outside, observing the surroundings.

As the car took a turn with the road and the weather was getting chiller, the motion of the winds increased and that made her hair flutter as they danced along with the tune of the winds.

Then suddenly something striked both their minds and they spoke up in unison.

"By the way, I was telling---" they looked at each other.

A silence prevailed inside the car and was soon broken when they again spoke up.

"Actually----" they said in unison.

"Fine you tell first" Tiasha said

"No it's ok. You may proceed with what you were saying"

"Neil, its ok. You say then I will say"

"I will?Ok that's better because if you start the conversation it would take an eternity to end" she rolled her eyes at his words which he replied.

"Done??Now continue" she gave him a blank look.

"Tiasha I was telling that on this week our company will be celebrating its 30 years. So mom and dad might....not might, they will be throwing a small party. It will be in one of our hotels only and also want to reveal about our marriage"

"Wow that's really great. I am so happy" Tiasha said with a bright smile plastering her lips and eyes sparkling with happiness while Neil was looking at her confused.

"You are happy?"

"Yeah ofc I am. Why you aren't? Neil, come on its 30 years of the company. All of us will be happy. Aunty, uncle, dadi everyone"

"Ohh I see. I thought----"

"What???"

"Nothing"

"I know your answer though. You thought that I am happy for aunty and uncle announcing about our 'one-year-marriage' ?" Tiasha quoted with her hands.

"Now what's this 'one-year-marrige' ?"

"It's the deal which we agreed to. Obviously it's a 'one year marriage'"she air quoted and continued," We are bound together only for a year onlyright? Then you will walk on your path and I on mine. We won't cross paths ever. See Neil I didn't forget about what your bigger than an epic rule book said" she gave a fake laughter as he rolled his eyes, looking away.

"Even if I am happy for our marriage also, it isn't something you will ever understand Neil and I will also never make you understand that ever. Let that be just a secret between me and my heart" she thought looking at him.

"I don't understand why they even need to make an official announcement also? Almost, despite wanting anyone to know, the entire city knows about it"

"Neil, I told you earlier also that for aunty, uncle, dadi and others all this things means a lot. Marriage isn't only a word for them, it's a commitment, a promise to stay by your partner's side in happiness as well as when things aren't going right and for dadi specially it's a relationship which will continue till seven births"

"Seven births right? Ahhh such nonsensical thoughts"

"Neil please, you can't say something like this. We should respect what everyone believe according to their pov. We all aren't same"

"What do you think I don't respect it? I do respect it and thus I didn't disclose anything what happened that night to my family. It's just I can only respect them and not believe it like they can. Exactly all we aren't the same. "

"Exactly Neil. That's what I am saying. They don't know about our deal and for them this marriage holds a value"

"And it seems you are also getting quite interested in it"

"Even if I am and how does that even matter to you??" the last lines were muttered to herself as she quickly had a glance at his face turned around.

"No Tia, what's wrong with you?? Are you even in your mind and speaking???Stop all these and don't give yourself a false hope beacuse that's gonna never happen. No no, focus on your dream and exams Tia. Focus on what you can achieve and not what can never happen. What's wrong with you??"

Her mind questioned as she felt like gradually being attached to everyone in his family and why wouldn't she because in just merely few days or so it has been that she got married and his family gave her so much love which was beyond her imagination.

"You said something?" Neil asked as he looked at her with question eyes, not getting any reply.

"Hello. Tiasha, Tiasha---Tiasha" his voice was a bit louder than before as she looked at him confused.

"Huhh??"

"Where are you lost??I was calling you since then"

"No---Noth---Nothing, nowhere. Why?"

"No. Suddenly this mouth which works 24/7 shuts it, it's strange. By the way, I thought you were murmuring something. I might be wrong" he said looking at her and continued, "Anyways, leave this topic. The more we gonna argue on this, the more the situation will get heated up"

"Yeah" she hummed as he spoke.

"By the way I just wanted to ask that when is your brother having his appointment with the doctor?"

"Yeah in the next week only as far as I know, on Tuesday"

"Oh okay. Mom arranged for a puja regarding the marriage along with the one conducted for the company this Friday"

"Oh okay"

"So if you---"

"----Don't worry. I will be there then. As far as I know also Friday we got a holiday so no college. Also even if not, I will take a holiday. So I will be there this Friday"

"Okay. By the way, mom asked that if you wanna invite your relatives, friends and all you may keep a list. Mom will get in touch with them personally"

"That's not needed much. You know right that except bhaiyya, mama, mami I have no one as my relatives. Also, if talking about friends, then I will ask aunty to talk to Sneha and Priya cause they are my lifelines"

"Oh okay. So only they both will be coming from your friends list? No one else??"

"Whom else I will invite?"

"Why you have one more person in your best friend list as far as I know? Don't you??"

"One more per---god, you are talking about Rudy?"

"Rudy?? Who Rudy???"

"Rudy, Mr. Chopra's son. I mean Rudra. Actually Sneha, Priya Rudra and I, we have thousands name to call each other. You know bestfriends hardly call each other with the actual name. Anyways obviously I will. Come on Neil, I can't forget him" she said grinning as he looked at her with a not-so-sweet-smile.

"Yeah no wonder" he muttered under his breath, turning his face away

"But I don't think he can come. Still I will talk to him" she said as a low smile plastered her lips.

Tiasha turned towards the window and looked outside as by that time it started to drizzle which was gradually changing into heavy precipitation.

Lost in her own world, she kept staring outside as drops of rain splashed on her face as the wind blew.

Enjoying the weather, a smile plastered her lips as she spread her hands, collecting the raindrops.

"Today the stars are in my favor I see" Neil said as sarcasm dripped down his words and his facial expression was nothing but a frown and continued, "Horrible weather"

"Neil please haa! It's amazing weather. Just look outside. This rain is so soothing and getting drenched has another feeling"

"There you go. You can't stay quiet right?" he asked as she nodded as a kid.

"By the way, did you ever get drenched in the rain?" she asked as her lips curved into a sweet smile.

"Tiasha you were saying something else. Let's talk about that"

"Yeah that I will. First you answer. Did you ever get drenched in the rain? And then eat corn standing under a roof by the street? Also try other street foods, especially panipuri. God, that's an amazing feeling. You know while returning from school bhaiyya and I used to have street foods. Though he isn't too much fan but due to my wish he used to agree. On rainy days, we didn't use to board the school bus. After bhaiyya passed out his 12th standard then my small friends circle used to do the same. Those days were magical"

"No I don't know. Anyways, if you can continue with what you were saying please do so or else keep your mouth shut and close the window"

"Ok fine listen" she said and turned around, splashing a bit of water on him which she collected in her palm.

"Tiasha what the--" he stopped in between as her laughter echoed inside the car.

Seeing that he immediately applied the brakes and the car came to a halt while her laughter session continued but Neil was kind of annoyed yet when was about to give her a reply, he felt numb and words refused to escape his mouth looking at her smiling face.

Her laughter that echoed then and the smile that was making her face glow in happiness was something he didn't want to turn into an upset look at that moment.

Though his mind thought so because be it a simple case, he didn't want to be blamed for the reason of anyone's sadness again while his heart somewhere denied, making him lie in a dilemma.

What was happening with him??

"You know it's a crime when it's raining and you not get wet in that. Ok ok now before you get angry, let me speak" he looked at her with a 'You-need-a-mental-checkup-soon' look and immediately shifted his eyes on the road.

"You are free the next week?" she asked all of a sudden as he looked at her confused.

"Why?"

"I need to go somewhere"

"You are most welcome to do so. Why are you informing me?"

"Because you are going with me"

"What? Where? Why?"

"Uffo you also ask so many questions"

"Really? You also asked the same when I went to pick you up from your college"

"Yeah because it was you who suddenly stopped your car infront of me like that, I mean like those kidnappers in the movie. You know they exactly do the same and then apply chloroform and and literally dragged the person to their car. Just like you did. Only the chloroform part wasn't there"

"Sorry what?? Kidnappers?? Are you even serious??? And how many times I asked you politely???"

"Hihihi" she giggled and continued, "Politely??? Yeah very politely"

"You are impossible Tiasha. I wasn't wrong that you surely need a brain checkup" he sighed in defeat knowing the fact very well that in one year he was surely gonna turn a mental patient staying with her.

"Ahh whatever! Listen now. Exactly I don't know what's the plan but you remember I just said that maybe Rudra can't come this Friday most probably and there back at my house I told bhaiyya that I will tell everything to you"

"So??" he replied blankly.

"So it's just that next week it's his birthday and this time it will indeed be special for him. Actually every time we friends celebrate his birthday but this time he said it's special for him. Also asked me to invite you and that not as because of you both being business partner, but as a friend. He will get in touch with you he said. Also rest things I will tell you later"

"More are there to tell??"

"Yeah" she told and immediately turned around and looked outside as Neil looked at her, sighing.

"Thank god!! This girl not only walk in a Rajdhani express speed but talks too" he hummed as Tiasha nodded in a no and laughed.

"What to do now. If this Rajdhani Express would have had the power to turn times then with that speed definitely I would have made sure that this one year could pass in seconds" he looked at her while she was still looking away.

Without having anything to speak, he immediately turned towards the other side when Tiasha looked at him and immediately looked away lost in her thoughts.

"We have reached" Neil spoke as he applied the brakes and the car came to a halt with a jerk, breaking her trance.

"Huhh?? Yes" she replied as was about to get down when she heard Naman and Naina calling.

"Bhabi" she peeped her head through the open door, having a glance at them.

"Bhabi bhabi bhabi" Naina ran towards her as she got down from the car.

"Naina careful. You will fall" she said as both hugged each other.

"Bhaiyya" she broke the hug and ran towards Neil while Naman walked towards them.

"You know we both missed you so much bhabi" he said as Tiasha pulled his cheeks.

"Awww I missed you all too. By the way, where did you both go together?"

"Together??" Naina jumped and leaned against her shoulder and continued," No no bhabi. I went with Surbhi, one of my friend to the library. While returning we just met near our home, otherwise this one tho went wi---"

"Nainaaaa" Naman cut off her in between and continued, "Oh hello, it's raining no??"

"Listen bro, rain isn't rain if you don't get wet or drench in it" she replied, laughing as Tiasha could see her teenage self in her.

"Get in quickly else I will tell mom that you are standing there and in a mood to catch a cold. Then you will get a good scolding" Naina made a weird face at him as he spoke while Tiasha looked at them with questing eyes.

"What happened???" Tiasha asked as both exchanged glances.

"Nothing bhabi. Come let's go. We all are more or less got wet in rain" Naina said with a smile as Naman looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Yes bhabi come come let's go quickly. See your husband already went inside also. Come na" He continued as Tiasha looked around and then back at him who grinned at her, foolishly.

"Fine bhabi let's go only. Anyways, our talks will continue inside" Naina showed his tongue at Naman and walked away with Tiasha as he glared at her and followed them.
......

As Tiasha, after freshening herself up, sat on the bed with her books, she heard a knock at the door.

*Knock* *Knock*

Giving a 'coming' in reply, she walked towards the door and on opening it gave a smile as Shalini's lips plastered with a smile too.

"Aunty you were knocking at the door?? Please don't. This is your place only"

"Na. First this was only Neil's room so that was more or less different. But now this home is yours too as it is to me, your uncle, Neil and everybody in the house. Now you are a part of this family only"

"Aunty please come in. Please. See I am also keeping on talking, making you stand outside" she bit her tongue and slapped her temple lightly as Shalini laughed.

"You are so cute dear. It's not a problem. Achha listen quickly finish this" she walked inside and placed a glass of turmeric milk on the table.

"I gave it to everyone and yeah I want the entire glass empty"

"But aunty why this?? I mean---"

"---You were about to study??" She asked looking at her books as she nodded.

"Tiasha today the weather you know right. The temperature is quite low as compared to other days and whatever, you were little drenched in the rain. So have it. Now you can't fall sick. You have exams too" her eyes turned moist as Shalini spoke which reminded her of her mother.

"Dear what happened?? Why are you crying?? You know na this mother can't see her children crying and specially definitely not my daughter, Tiasha "

"You know aunty my mumma was also like this. Though my memories are very blurred but I remember that she also used to give me and bhaiyya turmeric milk to drink after we used to return after getting drenched and while drinking that I used to share everything with her. Also because of getting drenched, we used to get a good scolding"

"I know right. Even the younger muchkins, they are like this. But dear please don't cry. I know that you miss your parents and I can never be your mother. But dear, you can share everything with me too. And our talks will always stay in between us. Like a secret. Promise" she wiped her tears and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Ok now come on quickly finish this and sit for studying. I disturbed your concentration"

"Not at al aunty. Ok I am having it. Thank you so much"

"Well if you really wanna thank then thank my son"

"Oh I see. This Naman is also na. Such a sweetheart he is"

As she took the first sip and gulped it down, she was left numb for some moment, hearing Shalini's reply as their conversation continued.

"Naman? He didn't make this for you"

"He didn't?? Ohh okay, then---" she stopped as only one name clicked her mind because Shalini said that she should thank her son.

Though she wasn't agreeing to what her mind cells whispered to her ears and waited for Shalini to speak.

"Tia, dear I hope you didn't forget that I have three children. One daughter and two sons. Your husband is my son too. Hope you know that. Neil, he did this for you" she replied with a teasing smile as Tiasha gave her a blank expression.

Her mind stopped working and she was left in extreme shock as her pupil dilated and she felt her throat getting dried up not because of what Neil did but thinking that knowing it was for her, he made that.

"That guy is really a mystery" she thought.

"Actually I was making for all three of you as Neil won't have it ever and you guys really got wet in rain. Then he entered to make his famous coffee and as the turmeric was over so he told he will do that cause Naman and Naina's one was ready and their glass of milk would have cooled down. So he agreed to do it himself and I also couldn't deny because it was for you" she spoke with much happiness in her voice.

As she kept on speaking Tiasha couldn't react except gape at her and was left completely confused.

"You know what dear, my Neil is not that bad what everyone thinks him to be. Infact he isn't bad at all. By heart he is really a good human being. It's just he is like what he is, completely unfiltered. He can't fake concern for someone. He cares for all because he too is a human being and has a heart. But on the same time will never accept it also. Still I am sure, one day everyone too will understand the real him" her eyes got dwelled up as she spoke and a lone tear escaped her eyes.

Only Shalini knew how her once a happy- go- lucky, carefree and fun-loving boy turned into the man who he is now. It was something which was not even known to his own siblings, except his grandmother.

"Aunty" she genuinely placed a hand on her shoulder as she gave her a smile.

"Oh Tiasha. Ahh leave it. See I am also talking what things I don't know. Anyways, you leave all this. You quickly finish this let me go and check the other two. While returning I will--"

"---Aunty please. You already brought this for me. I myself will keep it back in the kitchen. Already I am feeling do bad for this"

"Ok ok now don't be sad. As a mother I can do this much for you. Finish this and take care."she caressed my face and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Yes aunty. Thank you so much"

"Again thank you??? Ufff what will I do with this girl??" Shalini sighed as Tiasha bit her tongue.

"Okie from next time I won't say"

"That's like my good girl" Shalini said and was about to leave the room when Tiasha called her.

"Aunty"

"Yes Tiasha??"

"By the way, if possible today can I have the dinner in the room itself. Actually I am left with a presentation" she asked looking at the floor and fidgeting with the hem of her dress.

"Hahaha ofcourse you can. Why are you so nervous??? I ain't a vampire or monster that I will eat you up" she laughed trying to make Tiasha feel little relax as she nodded with a smile.

"Tiasha I told earlier also. This is your home too. You can do whatever you want. Now you quickly finish this milk. I will send the dinner at 10 pm ok??"

"Okay aunty"

"Go and do your presentation properly. All the best sweetheart"

"Than---" she stopped in between as Shalini gave her a glare when she nodded and walked towards her and kissing her forehead, hugged her tightly.

Then breaking the hug, Shalini caressed her face and giving a sweet smile left the room when Tiasha was lost in her thoughts.

"Shalini aunty is just like my mumma. Infact, in these few days, the entire family gave me so much love and happiness that I started feeling that I know them since ages. Also Mr. Grumpy, I can't understand that man seriously. One moment so caring and the next moment fuming with anger and walking around with that grumpy look. In such a short span of time only, I am getting attached to everyone gradually. I seriously don't know what will I do after a year??? How can I just break the heart of these people??? Whatever happened was something because of me and him. It's between us where they play no role. Still one decision will leave everyone shocked. All will be left shattered if they get to know that our marriage is nothing but a 'one-year-deal'. In a split of a second, their world will turn upside down. Anyways, relax Tia,relax. Now no thoughts about this. Have faith in what you believe. Everything happens for a reason. Everything will be fine. Surely it will be fine"

She heaved a breath and after composing herself, drank the turmeric milk and went downstairs and after wishing the glass she kept it back on the shelf and returned to her room and sat with her laptop and books, to complete her presentation.

.......

P.S: I am extremely sorry for not updating the story since a long time, almost for months and keeping it on hold.
Actually was caught up with lots of projects and my board exams and it was really getting hard to find time to write. So I am extremely sorry for the late update.

Here's the next chapter of the story.
Hope you all liked it ☺

Wishing you all a Belated Merry Christmas 🎄🎅⛄❤️

Shree❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 58.5K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...
30K 1.8K 38
LOVE FINDS YOU IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED WAY AND AT THE MOST UNEXPECTED TIME WHEN YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR IT............. ...
3.9M 137K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
140K 12.9K 29
ยฐโ€ข Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series โ€ขยฐ *:๏พŸโœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...