Water and Ice (Loki Love Stor...

By Silver-Tigress

27 year old Aquamarine (Aqua) Spears Rivers believed she was just a normal girl living in Malibu, California... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
New Book!
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Note!!

Chapter 30

392 8 2
By Silver-Tigress

Aqua's P. O. V:

After hanging up the phone, I start to explore the castle. While I was here in the vision Wanda implanted in my head all those months ago, I didn't get to see all of the castle.

I also got to meet Frigga, Thor's and Loki's mother and Queen of Asgard. She showed me the library and allowed me to keep one book as a keepsake, which I was really happy about.

I enter a room with paintings of Asgard Castle and other Norse beings and gods. There's a throne perched on a raised altar at the end, confirming that I'm in the throne room.

As I was gazing around, I hear someone enter, and look in surprise to see it's Thor. I relax as my friend approaches me.

"I hear you'd just saved a whole planet before I arrived," I state.

"Vanaheim is secured, and we're going to celebrate the victory," Thor says.

"I think you mean your victory," I say, crossing my arms below my chest.

"You should join us. There are many who'd love to hear you sing," Thor says, gazing at me.

"I don't think I'm in the mood for singing tonight, but I might join the party," I murmur.

"Does this have anything to do with Steve Rogers? This is a similar conversation to the one I'd had with my father earlier."

I meet Thor's gaze as I blink my eyes before saying, "Yeah. Something like that. Carpe diem."

"What's that mean?" Thor asks.

"It's Latin for seize the day. It's used to urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future," I explain.

"I like it. It feels inspiring," Thor says, giving me a small smile. "You did not seem too surprised when you first came here."

"Oh, I'm really excited. It's just... you remember the dreams Wanda implanted in our heads?" Thor nods. "Well, I saw myself living in Asgard... and I was married to Loki."

This causes Thor's blue eyes to bug in his head. "Loki?!"

"I know, I know. I didn't want to believe it, either. Ever since then, I'd started growing more feelings for him while having the same kind of feelings for Cap. Is it possible to love two people at once? Anyway, it was just a dream. It's not like it actually meant anything. That's why I didn't tell Cap," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"You're right. It's not like you marrying my brother would actually happen," Thor says in denial.

"Right. Maybe in another life," I scoff.

"Though, I feel as though you might maybe be a good influence on him," Thor tells me, quirking a blonde eyebrow at me. "He does seem rather fond of you in particular."

I scoff once more, "Only because he's interested in my powers, just like everyone else."

"Do you really believe that, Aqua?" Thor asks me in a soft tone.

I pause, taking in his words as I gaze at the floor, which suddenly seems very interesting. "... To be honest, I'm not sure what Loki could be thinking."

After a long moment of comfortable silence, Thor asks me gently, nudging my side lightly, "So, will you be joining us for the feast? I would feel better if you were there."

I smile slightly as I respond, "Sure. I'll be there."

"I'll have one of the maids bring a dress for you," Thor tells me, squeezing my shoulder.

"Isn't his fine? I am still on duty, after all," I say, gazing down at my current attire and twisting my right foot out slightly.

"That may be, but you need to dress nicely for this feast," Thor says. "Come, I'll show you to your chambers."

Thor leads the way out of the throne room to the guest quarters, and I tell him how Loki's been.

We soon reach a room and I tell Thor I'd see him at the feast before I enter, and gaze around. The guest room was fairly small with a large bed, a balcony by the window and a closet.

I go up to the window and gaze out of it, taking in the sight of the beautiful, sprawling city below. Several moments later, a knock sounds on my door. I go to answer it to see a maid there with a pink dress and some jewellery.

The maid offers to help me get dressed which I agreed. Soon, I was in a beautiful pink dress with three quarter length sleeves and a matching fur lined coat, as it's snowing here in Asgard. I'm wearing a large round rose quartz crystal necklace with chandelier earrings, rose quartz ring and bracelet, my hair put in a wavy waterfall ponytail.

I make my way to the huge banquet hall and I immediately seek out Sif. Thor had introduced me to her and The Warrior's Three after their training that afternoon, and Sif and I had really hit it off.

Fandral, the blonde haired man, had offered to show me some moves in training, to which I'd responded by grabbing his arm and throwing Fandral into the concrete wall, upside down.

Everyone had laughed it off and Fandral commented my strength.

I lean my elbows on the railing beside Sif, standing backwards, as she does the same, wearing a black dress outfit.

I say, hearing Volstagg holler as he throws his mug on the floor, "So, this is what an Asgardian feast looks like."

"First time, huh?" Sif asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I've never experienced anything like this. Everyone's throwing things everywhere. It's very.... Eccentric. Back in my world, we have to use manners to get another drink, and we never intentionally throw dishes on the floor like this."

"I'm sure you'll get used to it. Everyone's just celebrating our victory in Vanaheim. It's too bad we didn't get to hear The Goddess of Music sing tonight," Sif says. "I think Fandral and Volstagg were especially disappointed. Thor spoke very highly of you."

"Sorry to be such a disappointment," I say. "Thor told you guys about me? I can't imagine what he might've said."

"Just that you're a really strong and powerful fighter, beautiful, funny... and he told us recently not to call you Sea Hag," Sif says, making me chuckle slightly. "We also know that you're able to wield Moljnir. It's been quite the talk around here."

"So I've heard," I mutter.

"I'm also sorry about your boyfriend," She says, referring to Cap. I didn't need to ask to know Thor told her too. "Any reason why you ended things?"

"Just that it didn't really work out, though we're still friends," I say. I gaze over the railing at Thor to see him looking unenthusiastic, almost zoned out. I ask Sif, "How long's he been like this?"

Without looking, Sif replies, "The past year or so."

"I wonder what he could be thinking about."

"It's hard to say with him," She says, shrugging.

Thor gets to his feet and comes to join Sif and I at the railing, still looking unhappy.

Sif states flippantly, "There was a time when you would celebrate for weeks."

Thor smiles slightly as he says, "I remember you celebrating the battle of Arrowhead. So much, that you nearly started a second."

Sif grins, "Well, the first was so much fun."

"Take a drink with us," I say, holding up my mug. "Surely, the offer can have no greater task."

"No, this is where I serve myself," Thor says, putting a hand on my arm before dropping it.

Sif says, "It does not go unnoticed that you disappear each night. There are nine realms. The future King of Asgard must focus on one."

"I thank you for your sword, and for your counsel, good Lady Sif," Thor tells her gratefully,

I ask him, "Hey, Thor. Do you think I could keep this outfit? You know, as a momento?"

Sif and Thor chuckle slightly as the blonde says, "Just between the three of us."

I grin and he leaves to who knows where.

"I may be able to heal wounds, but I can't heal a broken heart," I say, taking a mouthful of my alcohol.

"You think that's what's the matter with Thor?" Sif questions, tilting her head.

"I'm feeling pretty much the same way about Cap. A part of me wishes I could be back on Earth right now, but my mission is here. Speaking of my mission..." I trail off as I finish my drink, before I give my mug to Sif.

I spare her a smile before I leave the banquet hall to go check on Loki.

🌊❄️🌊❄️

I stand before Loki's cell and he smiles at me, taking in my outfit as I haven't had the chance to change yet. I try to ignore the prisoners in the opposite cell getting excited about me again, keeping my attention on Loki.

"You look lovely. Asgardian clothing suits you," He says, somehow making my cheeks grow hot and my heart to go crazy in my chest.

"Thanks. Thor said I could keep the outfit, but only if I don't tell anyone—beyond Sif, him, and now you," I reply, shrugging lightly.

"Aren't you supposed to be celebrating brother's victory with the others?" Loki wants to know.

"I was, but I'm not really in a partying mood tonight. So, I figured I'd join you in moping in the dungeons," I say. The prisoners calling to me to join them get slightly louder.

"That's not about your breakup with Steve Rogers, is it?" Loki asks, tilting his head.

"Hold that thought for a second," I sigh in agitation. Without even turning around, I raise my arm, my hand bent forward, and hear one of the prisoners groaning in pain as I twist his arm backwards. Then I twist it forwards, swinging his fist forward to connect with his own face. As he was falling, eyes rolling, I thrust my hand forward to make the man face plant the glass.

The man cries out in agony as he's electrocuted, everyone else now having fallen dead silent. Eventually, the screaming stops as I throw the man against the back wall of his cell. He hits it with a groan before sliding down it to the floor.

"Anyone else?" I ask coolly as I gaze over my shoulder at the other prisoners. They mumble as they shake their heads vigorously, moving as far away from me as they possibly could in their cells.

I look back at Loki as he smirks, saying, "That was brilliant. Scary—but brilliant. You're definitely getting stronger each day, Aquamarine. I wish to learn more about your Haemokinesis. It intrigues me."

"Now, as I was saying... Only partially. I'm just really worried about my other friends on Earth," I say with a sigh in my voice.

"What do you mean?" Loki asks curiously. I flick my blue gaze up to him and decide to tell Loki what Cap told me. "So it seems as though they're tearing each other apart on Earth," Loki murmurs.

"Yeah. I just hope that none of them do anything stupid to make the situation worse," I say. We gaze at each other in silence for awhile, then I remember my conversation with Thor yesterday in the throne room, and swear aloud.

Loki blinks his eyes and cocks his head as he asks, "What is it, Aquamarine?"

"I'm in love with you, Loki," I tell him in a shocked voice. I tell the surprised God of Mischief about my dream Wanda gave me, and he was smiling by the end of it.

"Well, I love you, too, Aquamarine," Loki tells me unwaveringly, making my heart go crazy.

"Now I've got to get over another obstacle when I get home," I say.

"And what's that?"

"My dad and mum."

"What about them?"

"They're very protective of me, but my dad is especially. I don't know how he'll react, especially since you once tried to kill me and invade Earth," I say.

"I can take of your father," Loki says as he moves closer to the window. "But I would never allow any harm to come to you. You're my precious gemstone.

"You don't know my father," I tell him pointedly.

"He does not know me, either," Loki retorts coolly, making me smile sheepishly. The ravenette gives me a real smile, making my heart beat rapidly as my face heats up. "I'll never leave you. I promise."

"I take my my promises very seriously," I say.

"I'll keep that in mind," Loki says, smiling, as he and I step closer to each other, though Loki was careful of the glass. I was told that it can shock/electrocute you upon contact.

I stay and chat with Loki for awhile longer, before I decide to head out.

I go to my room to change into a three quarter length sleeved pink blouse with the collar folded down and my usual work attire, minus the hood, and pink crystal rose necklace, earrings and ring that Cap gave me as part of my Christmas present, along with another ring and a couple of other presents, and wander around with my headphones on.

I meet a maid on the way, and she told me Thor has returned with a mortal from Earth. They're in the library with Odin. When I get to the library, I find Thor, a pretty brunette woman with light blue eyes, and Odin standing around a pedestal. On the ceiling looks like a hologram of aether and stars and planets, and in the centre was was a pedestal with a book on it.

It took me a minute, but then I figured that the woman must be Jane Foster.

Odin is an old man with white hair, beard and moustache, and a gold eyepatch over his right eye.

Odin was saying as I step up beside Thor, "The Nine Realms are not eternal. They have a dawn as they have a dusk." Odin opens a book to show an image of pillars and the Nine Realms. "But before that dawn, the Dark Forces—the elves—reigned absolute, without challenge."

Odin flips a page to show some elves dressed in fine robes and a dark elf on the left page.

Thor says, "Born of eternal night, the Dark Elves come to seal away the eternal light." He glances at me before stepping over to his father. "These stories were told to us when we were children."

I go up to Thor as Jane Foster moves to the other side of the table, briefly glancing at me in surprise, but my whole attention was glued to the book. I've never read about this growing up.

I cross my arms as Odin reads, "Their leader, Malekith, made a weapon out of darkness that was called the aether. While the other relics often appear as stones. The aether is fluid and ever changing. It changes matter into dark matter. It seeks out host bodies, drawing strength from their life force." Here, I furrow my brows when Odin said it was fluid, and exchange glances with Thor, before we glance at his father. I wonder why we were suddenly talking about aether. Whatever the reason, Jane seems to be involved in it. "Malekith sought to use the aether's power," The page shows the dark elf under some rays and stones, "to return the universe to one of darkness. "But, after eternities of bloodshed, my father, Bore, finally triumphed. Ushering the peace that lasted thousands of years."

I ask curiously, "What happened?"

Odin looks at me as he says simply, "He killed them all."

Thor asks uncertainly, straightening up, "Are you certain? The aether was said to be destroyed, and yet, here it is."

Jane asks Odin, "Does your book happen to mention how to get it out of me?"

"No. It does not," Odin says, before leaving.

When Odin leaves, Jane jerks her blue gaze to me. Recognition flares in her dark orbs and I brace myself.

"You... You're with S. H. I. E. L. D.!" Jane says, pointing at me.

"Way to state the obvious," I say, rolling my crystal blue eyes. "I'm here for a mission that Thor and Odin requested of me."

"You two know each other?" Thor asks, flicking his blue eyes between us.

"We—We've kind of already met. At her old research lab in New Mexico," I say, stuttering slightly before coughing to clear my throat at the awkward memory of S. H. I. E. L. D. agents confiscating Jane's research, including Darcy's iPod that has 33 songs on it.

"When you stole all my stuff, you mean," Jane says tersely.

""Stole" is a bit of a strong word for me. I'd prefer to use the word "confiscated,"" I state.

"Same thing! You were still with that Phil guy when he took all of it! And all you just did was stand there."

"I was also the one who'd snuck your notebook back to Thor when he was leaving with Erik Selvig," I say firmly, raising my chin.

Jane looks like she was about to protest but pauses, closing her mouth. "Oh. Thank you. I guess I do kind of owe you. I also know you as The Little Mermaid, Captain America's girlfriend."

"Ex girlfriend," I say tersely, seeing Jane's gaze flicker apologetically. "We broke up just recently. I figured a new mission to Asgard would help me clear my head."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I just want you to know, that I think you and Captain America would've been a cute couple, and Darcy is a huge SteveAqua shipper," Jane says quickly.

"Thanks. It's okay. I'm getting over it. By the way, I'm Aquamarine Spears Rivers. My friends and family call me Aqua. I already know who you are, Jane Foster. Thor spoke very highly of you."

"He did?" She asks, and I nod my head, smiling. "So, quick question, why are you here?" Jane asks me. "You said something about being here for a mission."

I reply, "I'm here to watch and protect Loki while he serves his time in prison. I'm not exactly sure how long I'm here for." Jane looks stunned by this as I shrug my shoulders.

I turn and leave the library and wander the courtyard, listening to some music.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 1.7K 61
B12. That was what HYDRA had called her ever since she had been snatched from her parent's grasps at the young age of 4. She had been experimented on...
1.2K 172 26
She wasn't ready to live alone yet, but with the unfortunate passing off her parents, Arwyn is forced to brave a world she wasn't quite ready for now...
771 69 22
Paige Stark has been raised by her aunt Pepper and Tony Stark since the death of her parents at a young age. She is no stranger to the excitement an...
5.6K 236 61
[NOT EDITED] A seemingly ordinary girl, life is changed when she is mysteriously kidnapped by Odin, the ruler of Asgard. Imbued with newfound superpo...