Konoha's Star ( Naruto x Male...

By Flxwer1800

In the vast space that is the universe. Larger celestial bodies such as the Sun and the Moon are among the mo... More

Konoha
Academy Life
Genin Adventures
Genin Adventures II
Recovery (Short)
Day off
Genin Adventures III
Genin Adventures IV
Day off II (Short)
New Hokage/Chunin Exams
Chunin Adventures
Recovery II (Short)
Gift (Short)
Chunin Adventures II
Date (Short)
Anbu Ops
Day off III (Short)
Hell of a Day
Momentum (Short)

Chunin Exams II

1K 30 15
By Flxwer1800

It was the night before the the Chunin exams and Y/N was in his house having a cup of tea. There was knock on the door and when he answered it, it was his father. He joined him on the couch.

Kakashi : So are you ready for tomorrow? It's a big step.

Y/N : I've already decide that being a Shinobi is my purpose, and anything that will help progress that is certainly for me.

Kakashi : That's a very mature answer from you.

Y/N : Hell yeah. And then from there its just straight to Jonin.

Kakashi : No chance of becoming Hokage?

Y/N : Not really. I feel my skills will be more effectively utilized on a battlefield.

Kakashi : And continue being the "Lightning Terror", well whatever floats your boat. I'll support you. *Stands* Now make sure get to enough rest for tomorrow.

Y/N stood up as well and the two of them hugged.

Kakashi : I am so proud of you.

Y/N : Thank you father.

Kakashi left and Y/N finished his tea and then went to bed. He laid in his bed staring at the ceiling. He reached out to it and then closed his hand and allowed it to fall back to the bed.

Y/N : Lets hope all my training comes to fruition.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Kakashi showing Y/N his face.

The arena was packed with spectators, young and old alike. Sensei of the other teams and some familiar faces and some unexpected. Familiar being, Sakura , Choji, Ino, Hinata, Temari and the others alongside the other children Boruto, Sarada Himawari etc. The most unexpected was Sasuke which certainly made Sakura happy. The crowds raged on as the anticipation was reaching its peak. The Kage of each nation sat at the very top with the best view in the house. Naruto thought back to when he participated in the Chunin exams and the chaos that ensued that ensued.

Gaara : It's easy to get swept up in the past.

Naruto : Very easy. I hope nothing like that happens again.

Gaara : If something does, you and Sasuke are here.

Kurotsuchi : Anyone that peaks your interest in this years set of Ninja.

Naruto : Y/N is a close friend of mine. My bets are on him.

Chojuro : I have no favorites as of yet.

Darui : Keiko from the land of stone shows some promise.

Kurotsuchi : Seems like someone has some the right idea.

Gaara : The other girls of Team 6 from the leaf. They are impressive as well. My shinobi have reported that they are well rounded themselves.

The teams sat in a room and were then greeted by Rock Lee.

Lee : Hello all you bright young faces. I will be the proctor of this part of the exam. As you know this the last section of the Chunin exams and this will be settled with a 1on1 battle. To determine these matches a machine will randomly select two of you to fight. The order in which you are selected, will be the order that you fight. Does everyone understand?

They all nodded in agreement. The machine was then rolled out and then chose the matches. The list was as follows.

Match 1 - Mirai vs Reiki.
Match 2 - Skippy vs Dinglechalk
Match 3 - Deez vs Nuts
Match 4 - Mika vs Kyo
Match 5-  Anne vs Frank
Match 6 - Hotel vs Trivago
Match 7 - Y/N vs Keiko

Both teams who encountered each other in the forest had smiles on their faces when the results came up. It seemed as if the universe wanted them to fight for its own pleasure. The list was announced to the crowd and they were excited. To say the least.

Kurenai : My little girl is going first!

Konohamaru : Kick some ass cousin!

Y/N walked to his teammate and saw that she was readying herself for this fight and she was excited.

Y/N : Good luck out there Mirai. Make your father proud.

Mirai : I certainly intend to.

The combatants walked into the arena and stood facing each other.

Reiki : I'll make you regret not dropping out of the exams.

Mirai : I'd like to see you try.

Lee : Begin!

The two dashed toward each other immediately went for an opening attack. Reiki went for the punch but Mirai sidestepped then grabbed her arm and swung her over herself and onto the ground again. Reiki quickly stopped the fall by landing on her feet and then swept Mirai off of her feet. Mirai laid on the ground slightly dazed but could see a foot coming to her chest. Reiki was about to connect the attack but heard shuriken darting at her. She looked up and saw another Mirai throwing them at her. She stopped her attack and brought out a kunai to block the shots.

But when they connected the stars flew threw her swings. She fell victim to her genjutsu, Mirai then swung around and slammed the back of her heel into her face busting her nose and forcing her to let her go. The crowd rejoiced at the interaction.

Y/N and Mika : *Shakes cheerleader pom poms* Way to go Mirai!

Reiki : Suiton : Water shuriken jutsu!

Mirai : *Throws shuriken* Shadow Shuriken Jutsu!

Mirai's single shuriken split off and more spawned from it and clashed with it liquid counterparts and canceled each other out. A real shuriken made it past the clash and Reiki grabbed it and looked at it and noticed it was covered in a paper bomb. She quickly got rid of it and saw that  too was a genjutsu as the paper from it faded a way.

Reiki : A spin on what I did to you huh?

Mirai : Katon : Phoenix Fire Jutsu!

6 Small fireballs flew towards Reiki but she defended herself with her water shield again. Mirai tried going in for another punch but before she could land it she was trapped in a dome of water.

Kyo : Atta girl!

Mirai was at her opponents mercy as she then cast another jutsu was cast this time with spike  making its way to her in the dome. She braced for the hit.

??? : Futon : Wind waves.

Waves of wind flew at the spikes and disrupted the jutsu and managed to push Reiki herself which in turn broke the water dome she created freeing Mirai. She drew a kunai and then rushed her one last time and held the blade to her face.

Mirai : *Breathing heavily* Yield.

Reiki : Damnit. *Puts up hands* I give up you clearly have me beat.

Lee : The match is now over. The winner is Mirai Sarutobi!

The crowd went wild seeing and Mirai took a breath of relief now that it was over. Her teammates rushed to her and celebrated her.

Y/N : *Blushes* Congratulations

Mirai : *Blushes* Thanks.

Mika : Now it's just us two who have to not mess up.

Mirai : Yeah I've done my part.  Now I'm gonna go sit with my mom and Konohamaru. Make Team 6 proud.

Mirai returned to her family and the spectators talked about the fight.

Sakura : What an entertaining opening fight.

Ino : It was certainly better than our fight.

Hinata : You have no idea.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Maki warming up for her fight

The fights following Mirai was fun to watch but it was nowhere as entertaining as Mirai's. Mika intended to change that. It was now her time to face off against Kyo. They walked into the arena waited for Lee to give the go ahead.

Kyo : I am going to mop the floor with you.

Maki : You best watch the words that come from your mouth. Your friend got embarrassed not too long ago.

Mirai : I sure did.

Lee : Begin!

Kyo instantly threw a Kunai tagged with a paper bomb but it was thrown off course by Mika's already airborne shuriken. It hit the ground and then detonated kicking up dust. Mika ran into the cover of dust and thrusted forward with her palm in attempts to hit Kyo but she didn't. She hit the ground and looked for her opponent but he was nowhere to be found. Instead Mika sound found that the earth was shaking and she was trapped in a rather large cube of housing nothing but darkness.

Kyo : Time to take a play out of your book!

Kyo then performed hand seals and placed his hand on the ground. Mika activated her Byakugan and saw the chakra building up in the walls and spike then began to emerge forcing her to contort her body to stay safe from the attacks. After a minute Kyo felt confident that his foe was defeated he dropped then walls and saw that Mika was on the ground bruised and bloody from the onslaught.

She struggled to stand on her feet but she did. Her breathing was not normal and her arm looked severely damaged.

Kyo : What happened to all that confidence.

Mika : It's still here. Come beat it out of me if it bothers you so much.

Kyo : Such pride, You truly are a Hyuga.

Kyo walked forward with a Kunai in hand and then then tried to slash at her but she dodged. Mika hand some fight left in her still. He slashed again and once again she dodge. This pissed Kyo off and her shirked off the mask of overconfidence he was wearing and took things seriously. Mika then lifted both arms and the two hand a quick round of trading blows. Both sustained injuries but Kyo was more damaged. Wanting to finish off her off he quickly wove seals and then a spike emerged from the ground and stabbed her in the stomach.

Kyo : Oh my it looks like I won.

Mika then beckoned him to her. He walked to her and she whispered in her ear.

Mika : Too easy.

Mika the exploded into a burst of water and it landed all over Kyo.

Kyo : A water clone? Then where is the original.

Kyo franticly searched the area for her but she was nowhere to be found as a matter of fact Kyo then realized that it was getting hard for him to move. The water became sticky and his feet became glued to the ground and his fingers were stuck in place completely negating his jutsu casting. The ground began to shake and then out came Mika from the ground and uppercut Kyo into the air and then air palmed him into the wall which left him stuck there.

Lee : Are you able to continue fighting?

Kyo : What do you think?

Lee : The winner is Mika Hyuga.

Naruto : Oh man that certainly brings back memories.

Mika returned to her team where they shared a tri five.

Y/N : Wasn't much of a fight.

Mika : Sometimes brain can best brawn.

Mirai : Never thougth I'd hear you say that. How'd you get out?

Mika : I dug a hole in the ground then waited the rest is self explanatory.

Keiko : Looks like I'm the only one winning from my squad. Those two were weak any way.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi everybody watchin Kyo get pried off of the wall.

The audience watched as the exams continued and Naruto struck up conversation with Darui, the Raikage.

Naruto : Raikage. Do you know anything about the Kurohoshi?

Darui : Why you ask?

Naruto : Y/N one of the last two examinees, is from Kumogakure.

Darui : Is he now?

Naruto : I figure that because of this you would know anything of his clan.

Darui : Kurohoshi, yes I remember one of them being enlisted in my class when I was an academy student. They died in the war.

Naruto : Information that we already know.

Darui : I remember looking through some old documents and seeing the names pop up her and there but the context was simple. Payments essentially. I can look into these things if you'd like and send you what I can.

Naruto : You have my gratitude.

Lee : Trivago wins! Y/N and Keiko you have 10 minutes to prepare while we fix the arena.

Y/N Mirai and Mika sat in the waiting room.

Mika : We both won our matches Y/N *Shakes Y/N* You better not screw up the perfect record.

Y/N : Mirai please help! I dont want to expend any chakra!

Mirai : I will not! You better not ruin this for us!

Mirai actually jumped in and helped shake her crush. At the end of it he was left dizzy but he eventually recovered. Keiko on the other hand sat with her allies in the room where they sat bandaged.

Kyo : I got too cocky.

Reiki : That girl tripped me up.

Keiko : Seems like the two of you need some more training.

Kyo : We're one of the best squads from the strongest from the stone!

Keiko : And that clearly doesn't matter right now. They are the best from the leaf and they've shown us why that is.

Reiki : We can stand to do more training!

Keiko : Good. Now I have to get going my match is going to start. *Licks lips* Oh man this is gonna be a fun fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N and Keiko stood before each other in the arena.

Lee : This is the last round of the match between Y/N Kurohoshi and Keiko Tatashi! Are you both ready?

Both combatants nodded and the audience cheered.

Lee : Begin

Boruto and Sarada : C'mon big bro!

Kakashi : You've got this.

Shikamaru : Kick some ass Y/N!

Temari : What did you do with my husband?

Keiko : You seem to have a lot of fans.

Y/N : Friends and Family is the more appropriate term.

Keiko : One wouldn't think that the "lightning terror" would have a family.

Y/N flickered behind Keiko and swung his leg at the back of her head but she dodged and rolled out of the way. She drew a kunai and went to stab him but he drew Inazuma in response and protected himself. The force of the hit was strong, strong enough to send him flying and sent him into the wall. He landed on his feet and stuck to it then stood up.

Keiko : A lot of force right. *Cracks knuckles* Gonna wanna think about how you approach me. Could end your career right here.

Y/N : I can't stand cocky people.

Y/N lunged from the wall and slashed at her but she was able to intercept the attack and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Y/N then faded from her grasp.

Keiko : Genjutsu eh? Well this'll prove to be tricky.

As she said that she felt a a precense behind her and she swung her arm to attack. Y/N was stabbed in the arm while his sword slide across her face. The Y/N that was stabbed faded went up in smoke signifying a shadow clone. She was then kicked in the back of the knee forcing her into a kneeling position. She recovered and when she looked up she was surrounded by about 8 of Y/N.

Naruto : What are you gonna do Keiko?

Kurotsuchi : She'll be fine.

Keiko performed hand seals and slammed her hands on the ground. The small army closed in faster but they were too late as her jutsu was ready.

Keiko : Katon : Fire bomb jutsu!

She spit a ball of fire that stayed small and then it fell to the ground. The group surrounded her but when they did she swapped her body for a piece of a boulder. The ball of fire quickly exploded in a huge blast decimating the group save for the original that jumped away. The blast cleared and Keiko tunneled her way from under the ground.

Y/N : Earth and fire release? Nice.

Y/N flew in and engaged and the two of them had a quick scuffle. Y/N was more evasive in the fight not wanting the damage to quickly build up. However he made sure that he got a few solid hits in. The two of them broke away to catch their breath and Y/N was not in the best position.

Keiko : Since you've lasted this long I might as well give you a little treat.

She wove seals that Y/N couldn't figure out the outcome of, regardless he stayed vigilant.

Sasuke : Interesting. Never thought I'd see this ability again.

Keiko : Yoton : Flaming Boulders!

She exhaled and molten rocks flew from her mouth. Y/N was caught of guard and began to run around the arena dodging every projectile. Y/N grabbed some shuriken and threw one of them. Keiko whipped her head at them and melted them so they were not her concern anymore. In reality that was a genjutsu and managed to sneakily throw it. He threw the other shuriken at the already airborne one and it bounced off of it and curved.

The curving put it on a new course and it destination was Keiko's leg and when it hit it completely stopped the onslaught of lava. He then ran in and punched her in the arm and he could tell it was sprained. Still she was able to weave seals.

Keiko : Doton : Ascending Pillar!

A pillar of the Earth erupted from the ground under Y/N and sent him into the air. As he fell back to the ground he saw that she was spewing lava from her mouth where he would be landing. So he acted.

Y/N : Suiton : Bullet!

Y/N pulled the moisture from the air and then sent it to the lava making it hard. Enough of the water was left over so he used some of it and made an orb that he safely landed in.

Keiko : Damn it!

Keiko then created huge a huge dome around herself and then created cubes on top of that. 5 in total her plan was but time so she could heal her wounds but Y/N was not going to let that happen. Y/N stood up and performed his seals.

Y/N : Chidori!

He sped to the wall and sent his electrified hand through the wall and destroyed the entire thing. He repeated the the process for each wall before he came to the dome. He was about to pierce the dome but was stopped when her hand burst through and grabbed his throat. He couldn't hold the jutsu any longer so he was forced to release it and grabbed her arm.

Keiko : This has been an electrifying experience. No pun intended.

Y/N : I'm glad I could entertain you.

Keiko squeezed harder and Y/N started to go limp. She then had a sick smirk on her face.

Kakashi : C'mon kid you got this!

Naruto : Y/N c'mon!

Y/N then woke up and then began to glow then he burst into a stream of electricity which destroyed the done. Y/N then released his transformation jutsu as a rock on the ground and dashed forward. His opponent was stunned and he wouldn't get another opportunity like this. She was locked up in place. And then he formed his arm like he was holding a ball. Naruto , Konohamaru and Kakashi stood from their seats when the realized what he was doing.

Y/N : Rasengan!

The jutsu formed in his palm and he connected it with her chest. Keiko could do nothing as she fell victim to its effects. When Y/N released himself from the jutsu it pushed Keiko into a wall and left an indentation surrounded by massive cracks. Lee came to check on her and saw that she was unable to continue.

Lee : Keiko Tatashi is unable to fight so Y/N Kurohoshi wins! This concludes the chunin exams.

The crowd cheered him on and he came close to falling down but Lee caught him and put him on his shoulders. He was then taken to the infirmary to get checked up and see if the he was okay. In the room he was approached by his friends and family.

Mika : It seems that my threats worked.

Mirai : And that extra shaking I gave reinforced the fear of failure.

Y/N : What would you have done to me if I failed?

Hanabi : We won't burden you with this information since you won.

Konohamaru : Nonetheless you won.

Kakashi : What I want to know-

Naruto : Is how you learned the Rasengan?

Konohamaru : Because none of us taught it to you.

Y/N : Remember when I found the scroll of seals?

Kakashi : What of it?

Y/N : I lied about the jutsu I saw.

Naruto : What do you mean?

Y/N : I lied about seeing the the Flying Raijin. I actually saw the Rasenshuriken.

Konohamaru : Lord 5th did put that technique in the scroll after finding out its effects after examining Kakazu.

Naruto : The Rasenshuriken? Can you perform it?

Y/N : Don't know wind release yet so I could only work with the Rasengan. Wind release is something I look forward to learning though.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Itachi cooking Sarada eggs

Team 6 was called to the Hokage's office they were to await the result of the chunin exams. They waited outside the office as he was dealing with business.

Mirai : So you think we made the cut?

Mika : I don't see why not we won.

Y/N : That doesn't guarantee it. Naruto won his round against Neji but he was for some reason not promoted. Not to mention the other shenanigans like fighting a tailed beast.

Mika : Uhh.

Mirai : Yeah and Big bro Shikamaru gave up when he fought his would be wife and was the only person who was promoted.

Mika : Suddenly my optimism has disappeared.

Sasuke then left the office and instructed the team to enter. When they did Naruto looked exhausted behind the desk.

Y/N : Damn Naruto you've been Hokage for like a week.

Naruto : So much paperwork.

Shikamaru : This is the job that you signed up for.

Naruto : I guess. *Shakes head* So you know why you are all here. All of you performed excellently at the exams. Some a bit better than the other but shinning nonetheless. As a result. *Pulls out flak jacket* I am pleased to announce that the three of you have been promoted to chunin.

The team tri fived and took their jacket and now issued the standard uniforms and felt pride in this advancement.

Shikamaru : We can worry less for our families since we know that you will be protecting our lands.

Hanabi then came into the office.

Hanabi : Oh you guys look so good in your outfits. C'mon, to Ichiraku's we go.

----------------------------------------------

Hanabi : Genin no longer huh. Well there go the days of easy missions.

Maki : Well there wont be any more complaining of less action oriented missions.

Y/N : That doesn't mean we won't get them. It just means that the chances of getting difficult missions have gone up.

Mirai : All in all a plus. Wouldn't you say Y/N?

Y/N looked at her and smiled which made her blush. They group got their food and went their separate ways. Y/N got undressed and threw his clothes in the wash. He brewed himself some tea. Whilst preparing it he got a knock on the door. He opened it to see his godfather.

Sasuke : Hey.

Y/N : Would you like to come in?

Sasuke : If you'd have me.

Y/N : Tea?

Sasuke : That would make it better.

The two sat on the couch. And sipped the tea. Uncle Iroh would approve.

Sasuke : I saw you used the shuriken technique I taught you. To hinder that girl in the exams.

Y/N : Oh yeah. It wasn't easy.

Sasuke : Then you need more practice.

Y/N : You have a sharingan. Cut me some slack.

Sasuke : Fair enough.

Y/N : So what brings you here?

Sasuke : Naruto received some information regarding your clan. Something from the Raikage and the Tsuchikage.

Sasuke pulled out two scrolls from his cloak and gave them to Y/N.

Y/N : I asked for these 2 years ago. I wonder what kind of digging they were doing?

Sasuke : Well there you have it. It's getting late and I need to get moving.

Y/N : Right. I'll go see Sarada tomorrow before reporting in.

Sasuke : Thanks and congratulations.

Sasuke left and Y/N went to his room where he continued to work on his manga before calling it a night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.5K 16
[𝙄𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞 𝙐𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙝𝙖 𝙭 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧] "I'm sorry, did my sharingan scare you?" "Oh no. Your eyes, they are very beautiful." 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘸...
65 0 29
He was found in a cave with no memory of his previous life but had strange golden eyes. Taken to a village he bonded with three children his age in a...
95.7K 1.7K 17
Male reader x Naruto. In some weird bizzare way at the age of 5 you started hearing voices in your head claiming to be the past present and future ho...
40.5K 1.2K 35
Au where Hinata was placed on Team 7 instead of Sakura but with my own twist on the series. Or I recently started watching the series and found the s...