Above The Surface (LucaxReade...

By Bluegarnet123

*COMPLETED* In the town of Portorosso, Italy, summer vacation is just beginning. Adventure is around every c... More

Just A Myth
Family Dinner
The Accidental Change
Walking And A Vespa
Laughter On The Surface
Reaching Daydreams
Family Spites
The Human Town
Underdogs
Challenge Accepted
Tough Learning
Interesting Dinner?
A Normal Day's Work
Signing In The Race
Training
Suspicious
Something New
Preparing And Jealousy
Betrayal
The Aftermath
The End Of The Finsh Line
So Long, Friend...

Day To Day Chores

7.9K 192 205
By Bluegarnet123

~Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.~ Matthew 6:12

(F/C): favorite color
(SF/C): second favorite color
(E/C): eye color
Went to bed at 4:30 and woke up at 6:00–goodness gracious😓😓

3rd P.O.V:
_____________

Under the sun and in the sea, a beautiful turquoise shines through the surface of the water. Near the reefs and seaweed, was a farm.

Fish being placed in their pens was a pretty tough chore, which didn't help that they would escape and would currently chew on whatever they could see.

Which made a certain teenage blue and green sea monster to panic.

"Fish out of the barn! Fish out of the barn!" Luca cried as he stared at the many fish, grabbing at the blue scales on his head as his tail swished in anxiety. "No, no, no! Mom's gonna kill me!"

Gasping, his eyes widened. "Caterina!"

Said rebellious fish looked at him with alarmed lazy eyes, bleating before booking it, leaving bubbles in her wake.

"Wait!" Luca grabbed the shepherds stick against the rock before chasing after Caterina.

. . . . .

Mr. Branzino, a green and purple sea monster, was calmly feeding his crabs when Caterina sped past him, bleating.

Confused, he looked in her direction, Luca narrowly swims past him, making him almost drop his basket. "Whoa!"

Luca swam back, clutching the shepherds stick close. "Oh, good morning , Mr. Branzino."

He goes to swim away again before coming back. "A-And also, I'm sorry."

He does it again. "Well, How is Mrs. Branzino?"

Mr. Branzino sighs as Luca sped off again, the feed falling from his basket as the carbs climb over each other to get it. "Hi, Luca."

. . . . .

Caterina continues to swim down a path, happy to be away from the farm. Only to get grabbed by Luca as he puts her next to two more fish, the boy giving her a 'I'm watching you' gesture.

. . . . .

Luca looks around, lost. He stops to look at a irritated pink and peach colored sea monster, speaking politely; "Excuse me, ma'am. Have you—"

"Yes." She interrupted, turning her head to show him the fish chewing at her scales, as she gave him a side glare.

Luca chuckles nervously.

. . . . .

"Come on, come on." He muttered, looking around the seaweed, grumbling to himself.

"Luca?"

He stops, turning his head and swimming over to the older (F/C) and (SF/C) sea monster, holding his shepherds stick close again. "Good morning, Mrs. (L/N). Um, how are you?"

"I'm doing just fine, Luca." The woman chuckled before placing her hand on her hips. "But did you lose the herd again?"

Chuckling uneasily at her raised brow and playful scolding, he cleared his throat. "Y-yes, ma'am. Are you gonna tell my mom?"

She giggled, leaning in to whisper to him. "I knew your mother for years. I don't have to tell her anything."

He sighs with relief, his shoulders relaxing as she laughs again. "But don't you think this would be easier if two were looking around?"

"Hmm?" Luca tilts his head to the side, making the woman nod her head to look behind him.

He does so and gulps. Blushing as (Y/N) swam towards the two, the (F/C) scales on her head fanning around her shoulders as she came closer.

"Hi, Luca!" She greeted with a smile, keeping a firm grip on the struggling fish.

"H-hi, (Y/N)." He stuttered, smiley dreamily before noticing the fish in her arms. "Ah! There you are, Timavo! Where'd you find him?"

(Y/N) shrugged as best she could, (F/C) her tail swaying gently behind her as she scratched under Timavo's chin, making him bleat happily. "He was chewing at the chestnuts and spinach in mama's garden."

She cheekily smiles and spoke in sing-song voice. "This is the third time you lost them~"

"Hey, it wasn't my fault this time!" He pouted, an embarrassed blush settling on his face as she laughed.

"Now, now, (Y/N)." Mrs. (L/N) chided gently before turning to Luca again. "I can tell you're in a hurry sweetie, so I won't keep you, but I'm sure (Y/N) will be able to help you."

"Yes!" (Y/N) cheered, passing Timavo to Luca before swimming over to her mother and giving her a hug, trilling softly under her breath.

She then lets go and swims back over to Luca, taking his hand. "Love you, mama! Come on, Luca!"

"Be careful!" Mrs. (L/N) waved. "Have fun!"

"We will!" The girl yelled back, swimming away with a flustered Luca in tow.

. . . . .

"Giuseppe, get back here!" Luca yelled as both teenagers swam after the fish.

"Here, fishy, fishy!" (Y/N) called, swishing her tail to move faster and grumbling under her breath as Giuseppe slipped through her hands.

"You want to run off like your buddy Enrico?" Luca grunts as he tries to keep the fish from moving, dropping his shepherds stick in the process.

(Y/N) swam over and grabbed it, giving back to Luca as he continued to scold the fish. "Because I've got news for you. He's either dead or he's out there. Somewhere."

"He could be seeing the world right now, traveling." His friend grinned, curiosity and longing in her (E/C) eyes.

"Yeah. Seeing the world." Luca nods distractingly, keeping a firm grip on Giuseppe as he tried to swim away, snapping out of his daydream. "But he's probably dead. Hey—!"

"Oof—!"

Giuseppe manages to escape his grasp and barrels into (Y/N) stomach. She laughs breathily as she glides her fingers carefully over his body as she petted him.

She laughed again at Luca's pouting expression. She swam past him to where the other fish were, not stopping her petting as she called over her shoulder. "Come on, grumpy guppy. Giuseppe's the last one!"

Ignoring his heated cheeks, Luca followed after her, mumbling; "I'm not a guppy."

. . . . .

"Phew. Okay, that's everyone?" Luca looked at the herd of fish as (Y/N) nudged Giuseppe closer to the group.

She swims slowly behind them, counting the fish. Nodding in satisfaction as she gives Luca a thumbs up, raising a brow at another fish and folding her arms.

"Monalisa, why are you smiling?" She asked, eyeing her.

Monalisa doesn't look at her as she opened her mouth, a baby fish swimming out and glaring at her.

"Anyone else in there?" Luca smiled.

With a deadpanned look at getting caught, she opened her mouth again as four more baby fish swam out and glared at her, Luca huffing in amusement.

He sighed. "Giuseppe. What did we talk about?"

Said fish freezes before slowly inching away from the herd, not taking his eyes of Luca. With a unimpressed look, Luca nudged him back in the group with his shepherds stick. "Oh, Giuseppe. Alright, let's head out."

(Y/N) giggles at his bored look as she swam on the right side of the herd, on the left, Luca flinches in surprise at the sound before smiling back with a small blush.

Both teenagers swam by the other residents of the small village, waving as they did their chores for the day.

"Hello." Luca said to a red and peached colored sea monster.

"Good morning." He replied, smiling as he continued his work.

"Hi, Mrs. Aragosta!" (Y/N) smiled as Luca nodded.

"Hi!"

Mrs. Aragosta looked up from cutting seaweed before cutting again. "Hey, Luca, (Y/N)!"

The two teenagers waved and smiled politely at other sea farmers. They, including the herd, continued to swim through the glade towards the rocks.

______________
Note: another chapter!!!! And it's longer! Yayay!😅

I had fun writing this one, ngl. And yes, I'm adding my own spice to this book, like your mother being friends with Daniella (luca's mom), including the trilling (who doesn't love a hug from their parents? Plus their not human.) and the references.

And the favorite color things are pretty much explaining what you kinda look like, I guess? Like your favorite color is the scales on the top of your head to the bottom of you tail. And your second favorite color is pretty much like your skin/scale color. 😊😊

It's a ocean book. There's bound to be some underwater movie references, okaaayy?

Alsoooo, looks like someone's gotta crush—

Sorry not sorry ❤️

_____________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 1399

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 549 22
Human Luca x Sea monster Alberto AU Luca lived in Potoroso with his family and they were very poor but Luca continuing his studies he will work hard...
2K 79 7
BOOK HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED!! Luca and Alberto have been childhood friends since Luca followed Alberto up onto the shore. They've shared memories ove...
1.6K 177 19
Are you a fan of fantasy? Unreal things, adventure, unrealistic persons? If yes, this story is the perfect one for you. Turn on your imagination and...
6.8K 108 15
(Y/n) (L/n) didn't have such a good home life growing up. Around the age of five, (Y/n) was adopted Massimo Marcovalda and his eight year old daughte...