The Farm Life Of a "Fool"

By Haisizlien

TRANSMIGRATION: THE FARM LIFE OF A "FOOL" Xu Ran has been working in a company for two years after graduating... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Side 1-2
Side 3-4
Side 5-6
Side 7-8
Side 9-10
Side 11-12
Side 13-14
Side 15-16
Side 17-18
Side 19-20
Side 21-22
Side 23-25

Chapter 142

1.1K 53 3
By Haisizlien

After Tangtang and Guoguo had left, Xu Ran inquired of Gao Quan, "Gao Quan, did Lu Qi promise to come tonight? I'd want to ask him a question."

Gao Quan said, "He didn't say that he would come, but I guess he will."

Xu Ran nodded. "Well, Come to find me when he is here. Furthermore, tell Shao Yu of the situation. We'll all travel to Yanzhou together."

"Mm, I got it," Gao Quan said.

They headed downstairs together when they finished talking with Gao Quan. Nobody spotted Guoguo and Tangtang since all eyes in the house were on them. Xu Ran stepped in for a few moments before quietly exiting. He returned to his room in search of Liu Tong.

Liu Tong sat by the bed in a daze while Liu Tong sat beside him and hugged him. "What's the matter? Can't you accept it?"

Liu Tong shook his head. "No, Dad and Daddy have been gone for more than 20 years. I've forgotten what they look like, but I never imagined I'd have anything to do with a prince. Do you think this is a good thing, Ran?"

Xu Ran said, "There is nothing good or bad about it. Things change. Roll with the punches. We'll see whether it's true when we get there. Although King Yan is at odds with the emperor at the moment, he may have a good relationship with the next emperor. Tangtang and Guoguo will have a supporter at that point if they wish to establish themselves in the court.  At least he is a prince."

When Liu Tong heard him say this, he suddenly smiled. "You even thought of this. Didn't you always tell them to rely on themselves?"

Xu Ran said, "This only applies when they encounter difficulties! It's not that I am asking them to shout on the street that their uncle is King Yan. If you hold a grudge about it, go ahead, hit me if you can!"

Liu Tong was overjoyed when he learned this. He didn't care about what he had been fascinated with and replied to Xu Ran, "I'll listen to you, Ran. Let's travel to Yanzhou and check if we resemble each other. I'll acknowledge him if he's good. If he isn't, I won't."

Xu Ran smiled gently, "Well, if he's not good, we won't acknowledge him. I heard that the plague is getting more and more serious, so we should make thorough preparation first. We will leave when things go wrong."

"Okay."

The couple was chatting in the room, and the others downstairs were also chatting. They were unconcerned about what was happening on outside.

_____

Lu Qi arrived at midnight. He stealthily leapt from the Xu Family's roof onto the yard. Gao Quan noticed him the minute he arrived, and Tangtang and Guoguo awoke not long after, perhaps detecting danger intuitively.

However, Tangtang and Guoguo did not go down. They just stood there in the dark and watched. Previously, when they watched Gao Quan go away, they remained gazing at him without blinking, fearful that he might do anything to betray them. Later, when they saw Gao Quan calling their father, the two children drifted back to sleep, relieved. In any case, their father would not hurt them.

On the other side, the first thing Lu Qi said when he saw Xu Ran was, "The two young masters have found out that I'm here."

Xu Ran was stunned for a moment before realizing who he was talking about. Xu Ran said, "It turned out they have the ability now. Let's not talk about this. Tell me about the plague first."

Even if it wasn't pouring late at night, it wasn't a good idea to chat in the yard. Xu Ran knew what Lu Qi meant when he looked around and stated, "Let's start in the living room, but we can't turn on the lamp. After all, everyone is sleeping, and they'll notice if the lights is turned on."

Lu Qi had no objections to this. He only wanted a place to sit. They found chairs to sit in the living room in the darkness. Then Xu Ran inquired about the plague with Lu Qi.

Lu Qi said, "The plague came from elsewhere. Your village is the first to be affected. The plague occurs far too rapidly. The majority of people were infected before researchers could figure out how to treat it. The clinics in town are either closed or powerless in the face of the pandemic. That's why it's so difficult. The town's officials are attempting to deliberately downplay the plague problem. There would be many victims in the not-too-distant future. Thus, I am eager to take you away."

Xu Ran was a little surprised. "The situation has already been so serious. Does the court not know? Could there be countless casualties in the village?"

Lu Qi said, "As long as there is a plague afflicted person in the village, the entire village will be affected. At the time, the yamen would not care if everyone was sick; they could set fire to the entire village."

Xu Ran could hear the cruelty of this period from Lu Qi's words–human lives were as light as dirt.

Xu Ran said, "Then the yamen will not know about what happened today! Even if I want to leave, I won't be willing to let anyone burn this village. My house cost me hundreds of taels of silver to restore, as did my orchards, which I labored on for three years to get the plants to yield fruit. These are the results of my laborious efforts. I'd be sad if everything was destroyed."

Lu Qi was at a loss for words. While human lives were being lost on a daily basis, Xu Ran was still preoccupied with the house and orchards.

Lu Qi said, "That's not the point. The situation has deteriorated significantly. You must accompany me to Yanzhou. I've already got everything ready. You only need to carry your necessities and don't worry about anything else."

Xu Ran waved his hand. "We'll go, but it's not now. It's not that fast. We're not going to be returning anytime soon. I still have stuff to arrange, so I'll need a little more time. I am aware of the gravity of the issue, and I will make every effort to resolve it as quickly as possible. Right, aren't you skilled in the medical field? Do you have no idea how to deal with this plague?"

Lu Qi shook his head. "I haven't researched the plague and don't have the time to deal with it. You are aware that I am King Yan's subordinate. I don't want to work for the old emperor now that he is still in power."

The resentment appeared to be pretty profound. Xu Ran pondered. But, if what they stated was true, Xu Ran should despise the emperor. But it wasn't the point right now. Xu Ran said Lu Qi, "I'll make preparations as quickly as feasible in the coming days. Just in case, you should also learn how to cope with the plague."

Lu Qi nodded, "Alright, but you have to hurry up. If King Yan comes over personally, it'll be troublesome."

"Got it, I'll do it as soon as possible. It's not suitable for us to chat in the middle of the night. You'd better leave first! It would be bad if the villagers found out."

Lu Qi got up and said, "Well, I'll leave first. I'll come back in two days."

Then he walked out the door and disappeared in the blink of an eye. Xu Ran walked back to their respective rooms without saying anything to Gao Quan.

In the room, Liu Tong also awoke. When Xu Ran returned, he inquired as to where he had gone. Xu Ran did not keep it from him and informed Liu Tong of what had occurred.

Liu Tong sighed after listening, "I didn't expect the yamen to do something like this."

Xu Ran sighed, "Yeah! However, the fact that local authorities may operate in such a manner can only be attributed to the emperor, who is incapable of manipulating others."

Liu Tong, not knowing much about this, only listened to Xu Ran talking. When Xu Ran had finished, he asked him, "Ran, when are we leaving?"

Xu Ran said, "In less than five days. Today, sick residents were identified in the village, and more instances will be discovered in the future, making the situation more hazardous. However, I am concerned about Zhuo Yun and Brother Qin. We can go, but they can't since their root system is here. They will not leave with us, yet it is not safe for them to remain in the village. We can leave our house for them to live. However, I am still worried about something else."

Liu Tong couldn't think of a way either. "Let's talk about it tomorrow and get their thoughts. We have food saved, so living here won't be an issue. They will not be affected as long as they do not venture outside. If someone comes to the village to apprehend individuals, escape up the mountain. Ran, do you remember the cave we ever lived in before?"

Xu Ran said, "Remember, Tongtong, you're smart. How could I not have thought of it! That cave is very spacious and can accommodate a lot of people. Plus the weather is hot, as long as there's enough food and water, staying there for a period is no problem at all. Haha!"

Xu Ran was so happy that he burst into laughter. Liu Tong quickly covered his mouth, "Ran, don't laugh. It's not dawn yet."

When Liu Tong reminded him, Xu Ran recalled that it was still midnight. He quickly stopped laughing, but he refused to release go of Liu Tong. He held him and kissed him, and then he just tumbled with him, keeping him up till daylight.

Liu Tong gave him a weak stare but said nothing. He got out of bed in the morning, despite his physical discomfort, and went to the kitchen to cook. Xu Ran felt a bit guilty.

_____

After breakfast the next day, Xu Ran assembled everyone. He informed them about the plague and suggested that they set out to find Liu Tong's brother. Except for those in the know, everyone was surprised to learn that Liu Tong had a twin brother.

Liu Tong said that he, too, had no idea. A friend of Xu Ran's mentioned meeting someone who looked precisely like him. And his Ge'er had lost a younger brother when he was a child, and they had been searching for him for many years.

They couldn't do anything because the plague was so severe, so it was only natural for them to go out and seek for his brother. Furthermore, the two children were old enough to venture out into the world.

This was all Xu Ran mentioned, but he left out the possibility that Liu Tong's brother was King Yan. He was worried they would be terrified if he told them. Furthermore, he was unsure if it was true. That'd be a shame if it weren't true.

What Xu Ran stated was understood by the others. They were well aware that staying in this little village all the time was tedious. It was because they had nowhere else to go and had too many members in their family; otherwise, they would have left as well.

After saying that, Xu Ran quietly found Zhuo Yun and Zhuo Yun also guessed Xu Ran's intention. Zhuo Yun said, "I know that you mean well, but I can't leave. Although my family is few, this is my home. More importantly, Shu Wen's family is here, so he definitely doesn't want to separate from them."

Xu Ran agreed, "I've considered it, but I still want to ask you. I'm not sure when I'll be able to return once we go, and it's dangerous here right now. I believe we can look after each other if we go together."

Lowering his head, Zhuo Yun said, "Actually, I don't want you to leave either. If you're all gone, I'll feel like I'm missing out on something. It won't be as vibrant as it used to be with less people here. But be assured that I will care after your fruit trees and fields while you are abroad. I guarantee they'll be the same when you return."

Xu Ran said, "You don't have to come here very often, and all you have to do is help me sell the items. I'll make alternative arrangements for Wu Mei and the others. When it comes time to start producing crops, you may use the money from selling the fruit to employ someone to help you. The contents of the house will still be sold to Mr. Chen, and Lin Hua will be allowed to take some if he arrives. I just remember that I should write a letter to Lin Hua and I need you to send the letter for me."

Zhuo Yun nodded and said, "No problem, don't worry! I will do everything you told me. But you'd better come back soon, no matter what, this is still your home, and even the fallen leaf will always return to its roots."

Xu Ran understood what Zhuo Yun meant. His father used to live here, and he obviously belonged there. But, aside from these companions, the fruit trees he nurtured, and the field he established, Xu Ran had no interest in returning to this place. At the very least, his father was not the reason he missed the place.

Although it was quite a good place.

Seeing that Zhuo Yun was aware of this and that everything was virtually in order, Xu Ran went to Wu Mei's residence with Liu Tong.

It was not raining, but the road was muddy, so Wu Mei and the others didn't go out to work. Seeing Xu Ran and Liu Tong coming together, Wu Mei laughed at them and said, "Oh, it's been a long time since I saw the two of you come to my house together."

When Xu Ran and Liu Tong looked at each other, they realized that this was definitely the case. Liu Tong hadn't gone out much since he found out he was pregnant with Baozi. Everyone in this town was like that. They never got together except for supper.

Xu Ran replied with a smile, "Do you still expect us to come if we have business to trouble you with as soon as we arrive?"

Wu Mei answered, "If you come to my house with nothing to do, I should wonder why you're here. Tell me! Why are you here today?"

While speaking, Wu Mei brought two stools out of the house for them to sit on.

Sitting down with Liu Tong, Xu Ran simmered for a moment and then said, " Wu Mei, we're going out."

"Go out? So what? You have been out before." After saying that, Wu Mei also sensed that something was wrong. After all, Xu Ran and the others used to tell him exactly what they were going to do and for how long, but this time they just stated they were leaving.

Wu Mei asked quickly, "Xu Ran, where are you going and for how long? "

Xu Ran replied, "This time, I'm going to take the entire family to the north. I'm not sure when we'll return; it may be a year, three or five years, or even longer."

When Wu Mei heard Xu Ran's words, he grew agitated and said, "Why are you heading north? I've heard it's really chilly. You're unfamiliar with the area, and you'll suffer much in the future. The plague will soon pass, and we will be able to resume our normal lives. Wouldn't that be good?"

Xu Ran sighed, suggesting that he, too, did not want to leave home. He then touched Liu Tong to explain. So Liu Tong explained to Wu Mei what Xu Ran had said to Zhuo Yun and the others.

After hearing this, Wu Mei was too surprised to close his mouth, then he asked, "Liu Tong! You aren't your father's biological son. No wonder your uncle treated you like that after your father died and he even sold you for money!"

It seems that this had nothing to do with it. Even if Liu Tong was his father's biological son, Xu Ran reasoned, his uncle would sell him, just like him, who was the biological son, yet his father still treated him like that! It was apparent that the explanation was not biological, but rather personal!

Xu Ran, on the other hand, had no intention of explaining if Wu Mei thought that way. It was simpler for him to accept the mistake. Wu Mei couldn't persuade them not to go since it was more vital for Liu Tong to find his brother.

Wu Mei said, "But do you have to go north? Is your brother over there? If you're not sure, you can look for the town nearby first ,it's better than going so far."

Liu Tong replied, "We've found the person we're looking for. Ran's acquaintance claimed to have seen him in the north. We happen to be able to take the kids out to look. The kids have grown up, and it's time for them to explore the world."

Although Wu Mei was hesitant to leave with them, they were not his family, and Liu Tong had good reasons, so he couldn't say anything more.

He only said, "Then you can go without worry. I can take care of your house and find someone to plant the field for you. I guarantee that when you return, everything will be exactly as it was before. You don't have to be concerned about food or clothing."

Xu Ran said, taking up the subject, "We're here just to ask you for help. I've delegated responsibility for the orchards and strawberry fields to Zhuo Yun. He will continue to reside in my house in the future, just as he does today. Please come over when the fruit on the trees is ready and sell it for me. It seems a shame to give up the orchard after so many years of work."

Wu Mei sighed, "That's true. We all watched these trees grow little by little. How could you have encountered such a thing? You've just had a better life and can now live in peace when you discover you have another brother. Liu Tong, you've had a difficult life. Xu Ran, you can't harass Liu Tong outside if I'm not watching you; else, I'll have to deal with you when you return."

Xu Ran laughed at him for being so protective .He was the one who was more readily bullied than Liu Tong. Wu Mei, on the other hand, has always stood up for Liu Tong. Xu Ran was confident that if he truly bullied Liu Tong, he would not let him go. At the same time, he felt moved. After all, there was someone who would wholeheartedly protect you.

Xu Ran suddenly wanted to thank Wu Mei. Thinking about this, he said, " Wu Mei, thank you. You've helped us when we were at the most difficult time. Later, when we lived better, you never changed. So I really thank you for so many years."

After Xu Ran finished his words, Wu Mei's eyes suddenly turned red, "Why are you saying this? You're leaving now and do you want me to cry?" After saying this, he actually began to cry.

Liu Tong rushed over to comfort him and cast a glance at Xu Ran as well. Xu Ran innocently touched his nose to thank Wu Mei, but he didn't expect to make Wu Mei cry. Xu Ran stretched his hands to demonstrate that he did not bully him.

Just then, Xu An came back from outside. Seeing Wu Mei crying in Liu Tong's arms, he put down the things in his hand and rushed over, "What's wrong? What's wrong with Meimei? "

Xu Ran pointed to himself, shaking his head. But Xu An couldn't figure out what was going on and kept asking why.

Wu Mei stopped crying since he bothered him with his question. He sprang up from Liu Tong's arms, wiped his eyes randomly, and yelled angrily, "Why do you keep asking why I can't cry for nothing?"

He was about to go insane! Xu Ran looked sympathetically at Xu An. He had totally forgotten that Wu Mei was unloading his rage on Xu An, despite the fact that he was the one who had made him weep.

When Wu Mei had done yelling at Xu An, Xu An realized that Xu Ran was leaving. Instead of convincing him like Wu Mei, he simply stated, "We'll take care of your house, and everything you own will be maintained for you."

His one sentence was enough. Xu Ran had never been so affected, and it was between friends.

He wanted to thank Xu An, but given how Wu Mei seemed just now, he didn't say anything. He just patted his shoulder and said," I'll thank you when we come back."

Xu An also patted Xu Ran's shoulder and said with a smile, "You're welcome. It's only a little thing in our relationship. You've taken good care of us all these years, but we've never thanked you."

Xu Ran remained silent. Suddenly, he felt apprehensive about leaving. People would be worried about it all the time, no matter what kind of love it was.

07.06.21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 1.8K 180
After an explosion, You XiaoMo finds that he is now a probationary disciple of the TianXin sect. However, he is one with dubious potential, so just w...
40.2K 796 45
COMPLETED Alternative Title : 和渣狗离婚后加入豪门 Author : 安曦 The whole world knows that Lin Luo loves Lu Yixuan's love to die and live, and does not hesitate...
156K 6.5K 90
反派Alpha怀孕了 Status : 87 Chapters + 2 Extra (Completed) Author : 薄桃 Si Huaixi got bored while playing with zombies in the end times and picked up a n...
263K 9.5K 34
"Frowns doesn't suit you at all. You look even cuter with a smile." Nagisa's the kind of boy who never smiles or even laughs. Or maybe, he used to, b...