The Farm Life Of a "Fool"

By Haisizlien

TRANSMIGRATION: THE FARM LIFE OF A "FOOL" Xu Ran has been working in a company for two years after graduating... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Side 1-2
Side 3-4
Side 5-6
Side 7-8
Side 9-10
Side 11-12
Side 13-14
Side 15-16
Side 17-18
Side 19-20
Side 21-22
Side 23-25

Chapter 136

1.4K 52 0
By Haisizlien

Negotiation

That day, Zhuo Yun returned to the town and did not return till the next day. Then he told Xu Ran that he had booked a reservation with the caravan for the next day at Mr. Chen's restaurant.

Xu Ran laughed and said, "You're willing to do that! At a restaurant."

"These are shady businessmen. Do you think we'll invite them to the tea room? If such were the case, people would most likely believe we were lying." said Zhuo Yun.

Xu Ran believed that these traders were similar to those who were on the tramp. They must eat and drink in a direct manner.

He said, "Alright, then we will go to town tomorrow. They would continue to do these things, I told Xu An. All we have to do now is get in touch with the caravan. Except that there are more places to run, it's definitely simpler to make money than bacon."

Zhuo Yun said, "That's easy!" There are several caravans traveling through town. All we have to do now is find a couple more. We won't have to worry about it if we spread them out."

Xu Ran nodded. "That's fine, then I'll leave the caravan to you. You're familiar with it anyway."

Zhuo Yun patted his chest and said, "No problem!"

_____

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun drove to town with their things early the next morning. They started by putting these things in Mr. Chen's restaurant, then proceeded to see where Qin Shuwu was. There were no leftovers from every day's dishes now that the charcuterie company had stabilized. Qin Shuwu pushed Xu Ran to come up with new recipes.

Because many people could now prepare the veggies at home, the only option to capture people's attention was to create new recipes.

Xu Ran has given it some thought and is prepared to take action. Mapo, bean curd and shredded pork with garlic sauce would suffice. After all, it's all delicatessen.

Xu Ran said to Qin Shuwu, "I'll think about it when I got back, and we will bring them over We'll speak about something with the caravan next time Zhuo Yun comes to town, but today we're going to talk about something with the caravan first, so we'll leave first."

Qin Shuwu smiled and joked, "You two are really capable. Even if you don't go out, you can make money. And, unlike me, you can still spend time with your spouse and children every day!"

Xu Ran got dissatisfied As soon as Qin Shuwu said that. "Brother Qin, you're saying this as if you're out of the door. Isn't your lover living next door? How come you can't stay with him? As for the children thing, except for the baby, I didn't spend the whole day with Tangtang and Guoguo.

Zhuo Yun began to answer, "I only have a child, who is still feeding."

Qin Shuwu and Xu Ran looked at Zhuo Yun with contempt at the same time. Zhuo Yun, like Xu Ran, pretended to be innocent by touching his nose. People claim that three ladies are sufficient for a play, but three males are clearly plenty for a major drama as well.

The three of them conversed for a long time until they realized they couldn't go on any longer. As a result, they split up to start their own business. The caravan had not yet arrived when they arrived to Mr. Chen's restaurant. They had reserved a separate room on the second floor. After all, there's no business to be done below.

Zhuo Yun asked Xu Ran to place the initial order. He remained at the door, waiting for the caravan, and conversed with Mr. Chen. After a few moments of standing, Zhuo Yun observed that the weather was changing outdoors. It was predicted that a storm will arrive shortly. He was concerned that the caravan might not arrive.

After a time, it began to pour. The caravan was yet to arrive. Zhuo Yun stared out the window at the pouring rain and prepared to tell Xu Ran that if the caravan didn't arrive, they should order no dishes and return after the rain stopped.

But as soon as he turned around, he heard someone calling him from behind, "Hey!" Zhuo Yun brother!

When Zhuo Yun looked around, he noticed a person with an umbrella sprinting into the restaurant. Zhuo Yun noticed his look as soon as he stepped in. He was the caravan's leader, and everyone addressed him as Chief Li.

Zhuo Yun waved at him and called, "Chief Li."

Li closed the umbrella and said to Zhuo Yun, "Brother Zhuo Yun, so sorry for making you wait for a long time. Something happened in the morning and I was late already. Moreover, it began to rain heavily unexpectedly soon after I went out."

Zhuo Yun smiled and said, "It's nothing. I just came here for a second. Is everything okay?"

Chief Li was well aware that Zhuo Yun was inquiring about the morning's events. Li responded with a nod, "It's not a big problem. I've already taken care of that. Zhuo Yun said he intended to introduce me to someone? Why are you here by yourself?"

Zhuo Yun said, "He's ordering dishes in the kitchen. Chief Li, I'll get someone to take you to the private room upstairs first, and I'll bring him over later."

"Alright, I'll go upstairs first," Chief Li said as he handed the umbrella to the waiter Then he followed the waiter upstairs.

Zhuo Yun went to the kitchen after he told Mr. Chen about it.

Xu Ran had already placed his order, but Zhuo Yun had not arrived to call him. He assumed it was because no one had arrived yet, so he remained in the kitchen to see how they cooked.

These chefs were unconcerned about his secretly copying their recipes. Xu Ran has visited the kitchen several times. He recalled how they used to make hamburgers, and Xu Ran's culinary abilities weren't terrible too.

When Zhuo Yun entered, Xu Ran was still talking with a big chef about how to prepare a supper. They both had a solemn expression on their faces. Zhuo Yun waited at the door for a few moments, thinking that Xu Ran must be capable of running a restaurant and being the chef himself.

When Xu Ran turned around after finishing his conversation with the chef, he noticed Zhuo Yun waiting by the entrance. He washed his hands and approached him to ask, "Is the caravan here?"

Zhuo Yun nodded. "They just arrived. I asked the waiter to take him to the private room upstairs. Are the dishes ready?"

"It's almost done. We can go upstairs first" said Xu Ran.

"Okay," the two of them left the kitchen to the second floor.

When Zhuo Yun approached Xu Ran, he saw that the door was open and that Chief Li was studying chess on the table.

Zhuo Yun and Xu Ran walked in and Zhuo Yun asked Chief Li, "Chief Li , what do you think of this thing?"

On hearing Zhuo Yun's words, he looked up, "Hey there! He must be your friend! "

Zhuo Yun nodded and introduced Xu Ran to Chief Li.

The three of them sat down and Zhuo Yun made a cup of tea for everyone. Then he asked about chess, " Chief Li, How do you like this chess?"

Chief Li flipped the chess around and examined it once again, saying, "This item is used to pass the time. It's something I've heard around town before. And I'm not sure where I can get it, but I'm afraid I'll need an instructor! Otherwise, even if I had one, I wouldn't know how to play it!"

Xu Ran smiled and said. "Chief Li, this is no problem. I've already put together a booklet. All we have to do now is duplicate them and sell them using chess. I just don't know when you'll be leaving or if you'll be able to wait."

Chief Li asked Xu Ran, "How long will it take? We can't wait too long because the caravan plans to leave at July 10th."

The timing was computed by Xu Ran. It only took 10 days the last time, and that included the lettering. It should be considerably easier to print now that he has the booklet. Xu Ran estimated it and said, "Five days!"

Chief Li said, "It's only July 2nd today. Five days should be enough. If it works, we shall talk about the price of the chess!"

There was a knock at the door shortly after Li Tou said that. Xu Ran got up and answered the door, assuming it was the waiter delivering the food. Outside, a waiter was bringing a large tray of food.

After the waiter put the dished on the table one by one, Chief Li turned around and said, "How do you think we should price it"

Xu Ran answered while eating, "Pricing, Chief Li, is actually not an issue. In town, a chess set costs a tael of silver, and the price your caravan would charge is entirely up to you. Chief Li, because this is the first time we've worked together, how about a chess game for nine hundred pence? Is that alright with you?'

When Chief Li Chaocheng heard Xu Ran's words, he opened it again. Before accepting Xu Ran's offer, he checked the chess one by one and thought for a long.

He said, "The chess craftsmanship is not bad, and it is a novelty, therefore it is probably worth a tael of silver. Furthermore, because we must carry them from the south to the north, we will charge extra. That's all there is to it. As you mentioned, how much we charge is entirely up to us."

Chief Li surprised Xu Ran by being so direct. He took the wine glass from the server and poured wine into everyone's glass. He proposed a toast to Chief Li, "To Chief Li, for being such a refreshing man."

Zhuo Yun continued, "To Chief Li, for being such a refreshing man. Thank you for your caring all the way."

Chief Li had no choice but to sip his wine since what they stated was so reasonable. He didn't refuse it and replied straightforwardly, "I'll drink this glass of wine for you."

Xu Ran asked Chief Li to have some meal after a glass of wine. He started chatting about other topics when he was slightly full. The big thing on his back, the trolley, was the second thing he was going to mention.

Chief Li said that he didn't want to take it since it was just too large. How many carriages would he need to transport them if there were hundreds of them? Besides, it was heavy, and they were already moving slowly. Chief Li was adamant about not taking it.

Xu Ran said to Chief Li , "It is not for you to send to the north to sell, Chief Li. All you have to do now is continue on the road to a couple more villages. This may not be well-liked in the north, but it is in the south. Those that cultivate wheat, rice, and fruits in this area will be able to purchase it.

Chief Li was lost in contemplation as he heard Xu Ran's words. He was most likely debating whether or not to sell the trolley. Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun were not in a rush to eat and began to do so.

_____

"I'll have to discuss it with the caravan!" Chief Li responded after some consideration. Although it appears to be a wonderful concept, if we are in a hurry, it will be difficult. Xu Ran couldn't say anything else since he'd already said it. He just set a time for them to meet, and they would meet again six days later when the booklet was ready.

Chief Li had brought up the cured pork and sausage all by himself. He had seen Zhuo Yun's method of selling them. These items were quite marketable, and people would gladly purchase them.

Naturally, hardly one was interested at first. It was Zhuo Yun's idea to prepare a pot of it first and allow customers to sample it before purchasing it. It drastically altered people's perceptions of these issues. These cured meats, however, were sold out due to Zhuo Yun's quick thinking and audacity.

He consented to Chief Li's request for sausages and cured meat, but added that there was only a little supply remaining. In any case, they'd give him all they had.

Chief Li hurriedly said, "All right, all right, as long as you have it, but you are gonna have to make more of this cured meat this year,. I'll buy them all. If it sells not well it in the north, then I'll go to other places. There is no good thing that doesn't sell."

Chief Li's interest in cured meat and sausages is understandable, but it's not unusual. Meats were scarce enough, and people in the north and south have distinct tastes. And because they cooked in various ways, the foods they created would inevitably change. Xu Ran cannot guarantee the quality of his cured meat, but the sausage is great.

Xu Ran continued to say, "Don't worry, Chief Li. We will definitely make more this year, but not too much. The main reason for this is because there is sufficient space for the meat. So, here's what I'll do: I'll give you two batches of them. I'll send you the first batch in the twelfth lunar month so you can sell them in the first moon, and the second batch in the first moon so you can sell them the following month. That may solve the problem.'

"Alright, alright, just as you said." Chief Li hurriedly agreed.

Apart from the trolley, everything was sorted in the end, and it was deemed a joyful conclusion for everybody. After all, the trolley situation wasn't completely hopeless. Just a little more wrangling could be required. They could sell the trolley for two taels of silver, but Chief Li would undoubtedly want a higher price.

Xu Ran didn't want to overcharge them; one tael of silver would suffice. Anyway, they were all constructed of wood and, once you got the hang of it, didn't take long to make.

Chief Li was rushing back to the caravan after supper to discuss matters, and Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun had to go see Qin Shuwu as well. Xu Ran couldn't recall who Qin Shuwu had introduced him to earlier, but he still needed Qin Shuwu's help.

Xu Ran said to Zhuo Yun while they were walking, "Zhuo Yun!" I felt like I was always bothering Big Brother Qin. I feel a little bit sorry already.

Zhuo Yun patted him on the shoulder and said, "I think he treated you as if you were his own son. I wasn't used to coming to him for anything before this. But, because you made a good impression on him when you first asked for help, he was highly eager to help you solve your difficulties, and you were accustomed to asking him for help whenever you had a trouble."

Xu Ran nodded. 'Indeed. Maybe it's a kind of dependence! He can help me solve the problem every time. Although I call him Big Brother, he is like a father in my heart. You know how my own father treated me.

Zhuo Yun nodded because he certainly was aware of that.

The two of them chatted and returned to Qin Shuwu's shop.

Qin Shuwu saw them and smiled. "What do you mean by these smiles? Are you coming to me for dinner? "

"Like we couldn't even afford a meal", Xu Ran touched his nose and thought.

When Zhuo Yun saw Xu Ran's look, he knew he wouldn't say anything, so he informed Qin Shuwu what they had just discussed with Chief Li.

After hearing this, Qin Shuwu said, "Do you mean I need to get more people to print the booklets?"

Zhuo Yun nodded. "Hadn't that person done it last time? There is no need for lettering, so there will be a lot of time left.

Qin Shuwu nodded and said. "Okay, then I'll arrange it. How many booklets do you want?"

Zhuo Yun looked at Xu Ran. He was not sure how many chesses were there.

Xu Ran said, "Let's see how much he can print in five days!" A hundred booklets would be necessary because there are at least 100 pairs of chess that are ready now.

"Okay, I'll take care of it later. By the way, have you had lunch yet? If not, I'll let your brother make it for you."

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun nodded at the same time. "Yes, we had. We came here just for this matter. Brother Qin, go ahead and do your work! We will go back first." said Xu Ran.

Qin Shuwu said, "Wait a second. Go and get some cool dishes back. It's quite hot now anyway, and you don't have to make it by yourselves."

Xu Ran refused. "No, we shall do it ourselves! Besides, It's still hot now and might be spoiled after we take it back.

Qin Shuwu thought about it and said, "Well, you have planted your own vegetables anyway. Do you want to sit for a while before going back?"

Xu Ran looked at the sky outside. The eaves were still dripping water. He shook his head and said, "No, We're leaving now. I'm afraid it'll rain heavily later, plus it's not hot even if it's just raining now."

"Alright then, and I'm gonna go to get your things done as soon as possible."

"Than..." Qin Shuwu gave Xu Ran a glance and stopped him before he could finish his words.

He waved at him and walked out with Zhuo Yun.

The two of them went shopping before they go back home.

Zhuo Yun said to Xu Ran on their way home, "Guess I'm gonna live with you till this winter, not just in summer. It is much warmer than my house."

Xu Ran answered with a smile, "If you're willing, I definitely won't say anything. To be honest, I sincerely hope you guys decide to stay here. We don't have any disagreements, and we're as close as a family. It will be more alive, above all. Because you are aware that we do not have our own family, you are always welcome to visit us."

Zhuo Yun also smiled, "At the beginning, we probably didn't expect the two of us to be fiends. Fortunately, you know corn, or else we wouldn't be such close."

Xu Ran also smiled, "Yeah! It is all fate."

When it comes to fate, Xu Ran has always believed that it is best to let nature take its course. If it was predetermined, they would meet. Of course, it was also critical to be truthful. People will treat you the same way they treat you, and the work and reward are almost always equal.

_____

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun returned to town five days later. They brought 100 chess sets and Qin Shuwu gave them 150 booklets. They then proceeded to Mr. Chen's restaurant, where they encountered Chief Li Chaocheng in the same room.

Chielf Li was accompanied by another person this time. He was also known by Zhuo Yun, who introduced him to Xu Ran. This guy was the caravan's second-in-command. The caravan, like the robbers, dubbed him "Aquarius."

Xu Ran had no option but to nickname him "Aquarius" after hearing Zhuo Yun do so, even though he thought it was improper.

Chief Li had taken him this time in order to show him the trolley. Despite Xu Ran's previous demonstration, he still had no idea how to operate this trolley due to his upbringing in a wealthy household. He didn't want to risk moving something he'd never tasted before, even though it was reputed to be excellent, so he brought Aquarius over.

The Aquarius was born a farmer, and he still had to work in the fields on a regular basis. In this regard, he is more professional than Chief Li. It would have been more proper for Chief Li to request that he inspect the trolley.

Xu Ran was unconcerned. Regardless, he had brought the items. Furthermore, he ventured to guarantee that the quality of this item is great. At the very least, no one has complained about it since it was sold last year.

One argument was that the village was far distant, but many people in Xu Village had also purchased it, and there had been no complaints. In any case, the quality of this item must be satisfactory.

Xu Ran stood up and walked to the trolley. He gestured to the Aquarius and said, "This object, Aquarius, is built to last, and the weight it can support is far more than your own. Furthermore, pushing with your hands saves you energy. More significantly, even if you place any little items in it, such as grain, they will not fall out. It's far more handy than lugging around a basket."

After stating this, Xu Ran looked at the Aquarius, but the Aquarius had not noticed. He'd already moved his gaze to the trolley. He stood up and walked over to Xu Ran to grab the handle after looking at it for a long.

When he finally put it down, there was a lingering smile on his face. "Alright, alright, this is indeed a good thing. I don't know who came up with such a clever idea. Chief Li, let me tell you, this thing is not only used to carry millet and so on, it can also be used to carry bricks and tiles to decorate the house. It 's much faster than carrying by hand."

Xu Ran's eyes twitched, and he seemed irritated. Why hadn't he considered this possibility earlier? Isn't that what they use on the construction site? The only difference was that these were made of iron.

Xu Ran cast a glance at the Aquarius, thinking to himself, "The older, the wiser!" The merchants were very smart; even if they had never seen something before, they can still immediately think of its other uses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 1.3K 71
Seven years ago, the Qi clan was on the verge of bankruptcy. Yan Ren decided to marry Qi Tang in order to assist Qi clan. Seven years later, the tru...
384K 15.5K 137
Fern is the younger sister of a famous author known for 'The Promise Under The Moon.' At just fourteen, she was the first to read her sister's debut...
375K 16.4K 67
Pregnant with a Disabled Man's Child [Rebirth] 怀了残疾世子的崽[重生] Author: 山吹子 Status: 67 Chapters (Completed) Description In the previous life, Fang Miaomi...
263K 9.5K 34
"Frowns doesn't suit you at all. You look even cuter with a smile." Nagisa's the kind of boy who never smiles or even laughs. Or maybe, he used to, b...