The Farm Life Of a "Fool"

By Haisizlien

TRANSMIGRATION: THE FARM LIFE OF A "FOOL" Xu Ran has been working in a company for two years after graduating... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Side 1-2
Side 3-4
Side 5-6
Side 7-8
Side 9-10
Side 11-12
Side 13-14
Side 15-16
Side 17-18
Side 19-20
Side 21-22
Side 23-25

Chapter 111

1.8K 88 2
By Haisizlien

Xu Ran and Gao Quan took a carriage to the town after breakfast. Along the way, they looked for Xu Cheng but were unsuccessful.

Liu Tiezhu was most likely accompanying Xu Cheng, who was injured on his foot, according to Xu Ran. As a result, they couldn't have gone too far.

Xu Ran said to Gao Quan, "Shall I stop halfway so that you can go to find them?"

Gao Quan shook his head. "No need. I'll inquire as to where the village chief has dispatched them. Outside of the settlement, I'm not familiar with any other locations. I can't find them even if you ask me to. It's preferable to hunt them down at night. They'll have to find a spot to sleep at night, and they'll most likely return to Xu Village and enter the mountain."

Gao Quan's analysis made sense. Xu Ran nodded, "Well, then I'll leave it to you."

"Okay," Gao Quan had no objections.

After they arrived at the town, their first thing to do was to send the goods to Mr. Chen's restaurant.

The price of the cured meat was identical to that of the market. Mr. Chen didn't take advantage of Xu Ran since he didn't demand a high price. The price of sausages was significantly greater than the price of preserved meat. Neither did Xu Ran ask for much in return. For each jin, add three pennies.

Mr. Chen paid the price Xu Ran wanted without hesitation this time. Because Xu Ran was in a hurry, he didn't ask Mr. Chen to cook some to taste.

After leaving the restaurant, Xu Ran asked Gao Quan to go shopping and he went to Zhuo Yun's home.

When he arrived at Zhuo Yun's home, he saw a bunch of things piling in the yard. Xu Ran went in and said with a smile, "Hey, are you making a move?"

With his servants, Zhuo Yun began moving things around. When he saw Xu Ran, he came to a standstill and walked over to him "I'm putting stuff out in the sun to air out. You're aware that I'll be gone for a while, and Shuwen will be staying with you. Because so many things will be left unattended at home, I'm getting rid of them now. What has brought you here? I was just thinking about where I should look for you tomorrow."

Xu Ran said, "Something was up at home. I came to the town to do some shopping. By the way, when you were leaving? Have you contacted the caravan?"

The two walked into the house as they spoke. Zhuo Yun said, "Yes, I have. We'll head out to the north on 20th of the first month of the lunar year. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, I will go to your place both to transport back the cured meat and sausages, and to send Shuwen to your home. By the way, what happened in your family?"

Xu Ran sighed and felt a little helpless, "I've offended some mean people. Someone fed croton seeds to my ewe to harm my little child. Fortunately, we found it in time, so nothing serious happened, but my ewe got killed."

Zhuo Yun, who was sitting at first, suddenly stood up. "What's going on? Someone actually wanted to harm Baozi? Was that person caught?

Xu Ran nodded. "Sit down first. I'll tell you in details."

Therefore, Xu Ran repeated the whole story again, and Zhuo Yun became even angrier after listening.

"Maybe this Xu Cheng is not your biological brother, is he? How was he capable of doing such a thing?" Zhuo Yun said angrily.

Xu Ran raised his hand in the air. "Who knows, but this isn't a big deal. My dad and daddy treated me the similar way. at first. They were the only reason I could forgive them because they did not harm my children. Xu Cheng, on the other hand, is unique. I can't stand the fact that he hurt a one-month-old infant."

"That's right. It can definitely not be tolerated. I will send people to find them. Then, you may decide how to deal with them," Yun said.

"Your people don't know the two of them. How are you going to find them?"

Zhuo Yun clapped his hands. "This is very simple. Just draw their looks in pictures."

Xu Ran rubbed his nose. "You think too highly of me. If I can draw pictures, I won't be living on farming now."

Then Zhuo Yun was stunned.

"You said you can't draw, then how did you draw the Chinese chess pieces?"

"That is different. Chess pieces are a lot of circles. When Xu An made them, I just needed to tell him how, which didn't require any drawing skills." Xu Ran nodded as he said so.

Zhuo Yun was a little upset. Xu Ran had always seemed omnipotent to him. This one incident had tainted Xu Ran's image in his mind.

"Xu Cheng's foot is injured, and he won't have gone far away," Zhuo Yun overheard Xu Ran say. I have an idea about Liu Tiezhu. He owes the community a lot of gambling debts. We can track down those creditors and request that they locate Liu Tiezhu. After I found Liu Tiezhu, I intended to deliver him to those folks, but I forgot that no one could tell me where they were.

Xu Ran's image was really totally ruined, but it didn't matter. What mattered now was to find them first.

Zhuo Yun said, "Only a few men in the town give out loans to gamblers. I'll send the butler to inquire and make an offer to solve the matter with money. You don't have to worry about such vexing issues any longer."

Xu Ran felt that in Zhuo Yun's eyes, what could be solved with money was not a real matter, and it was true.

Xu Ran said, "Okay, I'll hand it on to you. I'll send Gao Quan to track down Xu Cheng. It would be ideal if they could be together. Liu Tiezhu is the name of the individual. You can pick up the cured beef at my house tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I'm not going to stay any longer. For Baozi, I need to purchase another ewe. It won't suffice to simply give him rice soup."

Zhuo Yun nodded, "Hmm." "Then you should return as soon as possible. For the following few days, don't go out. The aim now is to apprehend them and reduce the possible threat."

"I get what you mean. Don't be worried. When you come to my place, be cautious. Your carriage might be recognized by Xu Cheng. Bring as many people as possible with you. You will not be terrified if you come upon them."

Zhuo Yun waved his hand. "Fine. Sounds as if how powerful he is. After all, I've made so many business trips. I've met many even more powerful people. How can I be afraid of him."

"I didn't mean it that way. When you go there, Shuwen will accompany you. Putting everything else aside, you need to think about his and his children's safety. Follow my instructions. Bring along additional people.

Zhuo Yun knew that Xu Ran was considering for his good. He nodded and said, "Okay, I'll do as you said, and be careful. You should be careful when you go back."

"Sure." Xu Ran responded, and left the room. Then he went to buy ewe in the place where Housekeeper Zhuo took him the last time.

The goat seller still remembered Xu Ran. When he saw him, he thought he was coming to sell the lamb.

"Are you coming to sell the lamb born to the ewe, Childe? It's been two months now. It's time to put it up for sale."

Xu Ran waved his hand. "No, I'm not going to sell that lamb. I'm here today to buy another ewe. I want one which has just given birth to a lamb and can produce milk."

The man intended to ask Xu Ran what had happened to the ewe previously, but when Xu Ran refused to answer, he gave up and chose a ewe that could produce milk for Xu Ran.

Because there was no lamb this time, the price was lower than before. Xu Ran appears to be a regular consumer. Because the goat seller didn't expect many people to arrive in a few months to buy two ewes, he didn't ask for a high price.

Xu Ran walked to the carriage's parking spot after purchasing the ewe. Gao Quan had already awaited his arrival. Xu Ran was perplexed when he stared at the carriage. "Last time, there was an ox cart, which made bringing the ewe back much easier. The carriage, however, is unable to contain the ewe this time. Taking it home is quite difficult."

Gao Quan looked at the carriage and found that it was indeed a problem. He said, "In that case, tie the ewe behind it. Let the horse go slowly, as long as the ewe can keep up."

After the two discussed, they tied the ewe behind the carriage. In order to prevent it from being kicked by Big Black, the rope was released quite long.

Xu Ran asked Gao Quan, "Have you bought everything? Are there enough iron nails and ceramics?

Gao Quan nodded. "Yes. But should we place these things directly on the wall?"

Xu Ran shook his head. "Certainly not. People will sweep them away in that scenario, and they will be unable to work. You should stick them to the wall. It's possible that the brick-laying material will work. There is some lime left over from the last construction crew. I've stowed it away."

To avoid wasting it, Xu Ran put it aside. It came in helpful now, unexpectedly.

The two got into the carriage and headed home after purchasing everything they required.

Big Black, which wanted to run faster, was threatened by Xu Ran who tried to take care of the ewe behind it.

Someone suddenly appeared out of nowhere and seized the ewe as they approached Xu Village. Not only did he scare Xu Ran and the others, but he also gave Big Black a start, which gave him a kick. Xu Ran hurriedly exited the wagon in order to reclaim the ewe.

With this kick, Big Black showed no mercy. With the ewe in his arms, the man laid on the ground. Big Black was lucky that he didn't kick the ewe; otherwise, it would have died instantly.

Xu Ran smiled when he observed the individual lying on the ground. "Fancy finding by sheer luck something one has searched for far and wide," as the saying goes, which precisely describes the situation!

Liu Tiezhu, who was chased away yesterday, was the one who took the ewe. He came to attack Xu Ran's ewe because he couldn't find anything to eat and was too hungry.

Xu Ran thought of another saying. Success or failure, an ewe was always behind it.

Xu Ran approached Liu Tiezhu and said, "Are you famished? Is there no food? So you're going to steal a ewe? What a shame! You happened to run into me, and it just so happens that I'm on the lookout for you as well. There isn't anyone else in the area right."

"You, you, you, what are you up to?" Liu Tiezhu retreated as he spoke, as if Xu Ran was about to attack him.

Xu Ran smiled, "What do I want to do? I don't want to do anything. I remember that you still owe a lot of people's debts.

At this time, Gao Quan also made Big Black calm down, and stopped by the side of the road. Then he walked over.

Gao Quan, Xu Ran stated, "We were able to find him, which saved us time. By the way, ask him about Xu Cheng. I'll take care of the carriage." Xu Ran was concerned that someone else would appear unexpectedly. If they took the carriage, the loss would be greater than the gain.

Gao Quan nodded.

_____

Xu Ran sat in the carriage, looking about and at Gao Quan. Liu Tiezhu should have stayed near Liu Village after being driven away, but he now appears near Xu Village, which must be due to Xu Cheng. Xu Ran had not expected Xu Cheng to be so persuasive.

Even if being made homeless, Liu Tiezhu was willing to follow him.

He had no idea, however, that Liu Tiezhu had done so due of his misunderstanding. He assumed Xu Cheng was Xu Ran's younger brother, therefore he expected Xu Cheng to return sooner or later. He would be able to return with the support of Xu Ran if he had a solid relationship with Xu Cheng.

He, on the other hand, had forgotten what Xu Ran had said. Xu Cheng meant to kill not only him, but also his young child; how could Xu Ran forgive him in this case?

Liu Tiezhu had not eaten anything since being chased away. In the dead of winter, he couldn't find any sustenance, not even wild fruit. The idea came to him when he saw a vehicle and a ewe passing past. Xu Cheng was completely unaware of this, and he never expected to run into Xu Ran again.

Gao Quan and Xu Ran had a noticeable difference in force, which resulted in their questioning approaches being somewhat different. Xu Ran would never attack someone and would only threaten him verbally, whereas Gao Quan did the exact reverse!

Gao Quan jumped to his feet and trod on Liu Tiezhu in the chest, making him fearful of fleeing.

The tone of Gao Quan was even colder than Xu Ran's. "Tell me, where Xu Cheng is currently. Otherwise, if you die in the forest, no one will find you until your bones are rotted. So it's up to you whether you tell me or not!"

Gao Quan didn't dare to move despite being urged to make his own decision; he knew he had to inform him about Xu Cheng. After all, Liu Tiezhu and Xu Cheng were not very close, so for his own safety, Liu Tiezhu told Gao Quan their temporary hiding site without hesitation and in great detail.

Gao Quan turned to Xu Ran, who had overheard their talk, when he heard his remarks. "Now that he told us, let him go!" Xu Ran remarked, nodding.

Without hesitation, raising his foot, Gao Quan kicked Liu Tiezhu and exclaimed, "Get lost!"

Liu Tiezhu hurriedly rose from the ground and escaped in the direction he had told Gao Quan. "Follow him!" Xu Ran ordered to Gao Quan once Liu Tiezhu was out of sight. Today, take the rope and send Liu Tiezhu to town. If you don't know where to look for those people, go to Zhuo Yun; he'll be able to help you.

"Alright," Gao Quan said, removing the rope from the wagon that had been used to tie the cured meat in the morning and would soon be used for something else.

Gao Quan was going to leave when he grabbed the rope. Xu Ran went on to say, "Remember to return tonight, Gao Quan. Whatever happens to the two of them, you must return, okay?"

Gao Quan nodded and proceeded in the direction Liu Tiezhu had run, stunned for a moment. Xu Ran didn't start driving home until Gao Quan was no longer visible.

_____

When Xu Ran got home, he started moving the contents of the carriage into the yard. Tangtang and Guoguo were absent from their home. Liu Tong and Shao Yu were the only ones present. Shao Yu arrived to help Xu Ran after seeing him carrying something. He didn't notice one person was missing until they were finished relocating everything.

Then Shao Yu asked Xu Ran, "Why didn't Gao Quan come back with you?"

"I asked Gao Quan to do something for me, and he will come back late. You'd better leave some lunch for him," Xu Ran said.

Shao Yu didn't think much about it, nodded and said, "Then I'm going to cook first."

It wasn't because Xu Ran wanted to keep something from him that he didn't know about. Shao Yu, he knew, had been through a lot more than he had. He simply didn't want them to realize that their idyllic existence was about to be shattered.

Therefore, he didn't tell the truth.

Xu Ran removed the remaining limestone from the room where the rubbish was placed while Shao Yu was cooking. To make the limestone sticky, it needs to be combined with glutinous rice milk. He had to execute it on his own without Gao Quan's help.

After moving the lime into the yard, Xu Ran smashed all the canes, with Liu Tong watching aside, full of pity.

"Tongtong, the canteens aren't valued," Xu Ran said with a smile, "but being fastened to the wall, they can keep us safe."

Liu Tong said, "I just think it's a waste."

"Okay, just this once. I won't do it again. If you don't like it, go into the house and do not stay here with me."

Hearing Xu Ran's words, Liu Tong left.

Xu Ran rubbed his nose, having mixed feelings.

_____

Xu Ran climbed a ladder after lunch to reattach the broken porcelain and iron nail he had purchased to the wall with glutinous rice paste. In modern times, he learned it from others.

He had been working all afternoon and had plastered half of the wall. Even though the sun was lowering, Gao Quan had not returned. When Shao Yu questioned Xu Ran what he had requested Gao Quan to do, Xu Ran just said that Gao Quan went to find a person in the town who he also knew.

Shao Yu, on the other hand, didn't believe him because it had been so long. He stopped asking him and began pacing nervously about the yard. Xu Ran tried to persuade him but couldn't think of anything to say.

When Tangtang and Guoguo returned, they saw this scene. They ran into the house, convinced that something awful had happened. They all heaved a sigh of relief when they saw Liu Tong seated on the cold bed with Baozi in his hand.

They then turned to Xu Ran to ask. Xu Ran urged them to console Shao Yu after knowing what had happened. The two children approached Shao Yu after putting their bags away. They repeatedly lauded Gao Quan in front of Shao Yu, assuring him that nothing could possibly go wrong with a man of his caliber.

There was finally a faint smile on Shao Yu's face.

During dinner, Gao Quan returned with his hands empty. Xu Ran was relieved to see him safely return. Shao Yu examined Gao Quan thoroughly before serving him dinner after assuring him that he was in good shape

Gao Quan remained silent while eating. He had always been a man of few words, and it was only recently that something had compelled him to say more.

Gao Quan returned to their room with Shao Yu after lunch because Shao Yu had a question for him concerning today. Xu Ran didn't intervene because he knew Gao Quan would take a chance and report to him.

Xu Ran went to check the two children's homework. Today was Tangtang and Guoguo's first day of school, and Fuzi's knowledge was basic and straightforward for them. Xu Ran was aware of this and inquired about their relationships with their classmates.

Tangtang said, "We've played with Dahu. Xiaobudian and many other children in the village are at school too, just like usual."

Xu Ran asked, " Has Fuzi asked you to answer questions?"

Tangtang answered, shaking his head, "No, many children can't read now, so Fuzi said that he would teach us how to read first."

Xu Ran remarked, "I'm thinking about it." "Fuzi's first lesson must be some easy characters that you're all familiar with, but others aren't, so don't brag about it or brag about it. Even if it's a little sluggish, you should learn with them."

"Why?" Tangtang asked, his head tilted in confusion. Guoguo remained silent but resembled Tangtang in appearance. Xu Ran's heart warmed as he saw their adorable faces.

Xu Ran said, "The gun, it is said, shoots the bird, which takes the lead. You've probably never heard of it, but everyone knows your father is a Xiucai, and you can definitely read a few characters, but only a few. We don't know if anyone in this small town will have negative thoughts about us. Pay attention to what I'm saying; you'll understand when you're older."

His explanation was meaningless! "We'll listen to Dad," Tangtang and Guoguo responded, nodding blankly. Everything Dad stated was correct in their thoughts.

Then Xu Ran ordered them to count the Arabic numbers and read to him in Pinyin, which they had previously learnt.

Even though they had learned them a long time ago and were busy practicing kungfu, playing games, and doing other things on a daily basis, it was not difficult for them to remember them. After all, children's memories have always been great.

After hearing them, Xu Ran was quite pleased, and he taught them how to read Pinyin, which would enable them read much faster in the future.

To do addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with Arabic numbers, they only needed to know the numbers. There was no multiplication or division in this era, thus addition and subtraction were far more useful than the first two. They would no longer need to count with an abacus or their fingers if they mastered these techniques.

Xu Ran wrote down two copies of the addition rules, one for each of them, and told them to recite it.

People could use some knowledge freely and establish new associations with their limitless minds if they just mastered a little portion of it. As a result, persons with a lot of knowledge in their brain would be top students, while those with rubbish would still be useless.

Of course, Xu Ran wanted Tangtang and Guoguo to be top students; they were brilliant, and their good genes must be credited.

06.10.21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 19.2K 58
Pregnant with His Uncle's Child 怀了渣男他叔的孩子 Author: 甜即正义 Status: 58 Chapters (Completed) Description Lin Zhou decisively kicked off the scumbag after l...
117K 7.7K 38
Jeon Jungkook n Kim Taehyung
59.5K 1.8K 180
After an explosion, You XiaoMo finds that he is now a probationary disciple of the TianXin sect. However, he is one with dubious potential, so just w...
125K 4.1K 41
Sequel to 'Merlyn's Fate'. Based on Series 3 of Merlin. When true evil plagues a seemingly hopeless destiny, friendship tethers old ghosts to haunte...