Reincarnated As A Dragon Vol...

By Gabogame3

Barry was a normal depressed teen in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. He has two siblings and a best frie... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Unprecedented situations
Chapter 2: Unlucky Confrontation
Chapter 4: On The Run
Chapter 5: A Saviour
Chapter 6: A New Life
Interlude: Suspicions
Chapter 7: Home Exploration
Chapter 8: A Dream Come True
Chapter 9: The Guild
Chapter 10: Librarians Can Keep Secrets
Interlude: A Mother's Arrival
Chapter 11: Magical Essence
Chapter 12: The Family Back Together
Chapter 13: Meeting The Mother
Chapter 14: The Unknown
Chapter 15: Secret Unfolded
Chapter 16: The Talk
Interlude: The Researchers
Chapter 17: I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS
Chapter 18: Samples
Chapter 19: Elite Adventurer
Chapter 20: Girmold
Chapter 21: Anonymous Adventurer
Chapter 22: Rookie
Chapter 23: First Day!
Interlude: Injustice In Motion
Chapter 24: Time With Besley
Chapter 25: The Darkness Lurking
Chapter 26: A Demon's Essence
Chapter 27: A New World, A New Life
Epilogue: Fox
Diary of a Youkai
...

Chapter 3: Calm Before the Storm

1.7K 73 37
By Gabogame3

A/N:

There will be three types of breaks in this story:

Time skip: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POV change: =================
Flashback: ****************
Oh, and hybrids are possible if I repeat more than one kind at the same time. Toodles!

==============================

Ahhh, this is the life.

After I killed the cat and hunted some more. I researched what made those blue orbs appear. I didn't get another one. I tried, with a sacrifice of a hare, to see if I killed not for food then it releases the blue orb. It doesn't. I thought that the blue orb appears because of our desires. So when I desire food, it only gives food, and when I desire for power or regeneration, it gives me a blue orb.

And of course, since I still had the morning to myself, I started exploring around the area. It seems that on top of the cliff of the cave I stayed in, there is a hot spring! And it's perfect for my new skin! I've been here for the past hour, and I swear I almost fell asleep again. Falling asleep in such a dog-eat-dog world would be fatal.

I better get out of here before I get too attached. Uhhh... What should I do now?

Then a feeling of something heavy on my back reminds me of it.

My wings! It's carrying the water! Wait... My wings! I can fly!

I'm too retarded to take that into consideration of the daily life of a dragon. Now, where to practice?

The first place my mind leads me towards is the cliff. But...

NONONONONONO I'M NOT DEPRESSED ANYMORE TO JUMP OFF A TALL HEIGHT AGAIN AND HAVE A CHANCE OF KILLING MYSELF.

In my mind, I had some confidence that I would be able to do this. I remembered a few stories online on Wattpad that the parent or guardian of the dragon YEETS the hatchling off the cliff of a mountain or something, but I ain't going to risk myself doing that. Well actually...

I jumped and extended my wings, not flapping them. I guessed that this will work better. I need my wings to get used to the feeling of air under it and be strong enough for it first, so I glided down. Step-by-step training you know. I'm smarter than every other main character an average Wattpad writer makes.

It seems that gliding was the right choice. I smoothly went through the air, over the top of the trees. The feeling of flying is bliss to my mind as I lost myself to the wind.

Ahhhh, I don't know if this is better or the hot spring behind me... Shit

I looked behind to see the cliff getting further and further away. I suppose it's now nearing two kilometres away. It's gonna be a pain going back home.

================================

"FUCK!"

The captain of the knights is in a fit. One of his subordinates lead him to a small hole in the wall of the cave, where the cracked egg is.

Everyone else nervously looked at each other. The rage of this leader is known to be aggressive. It doesn't kill, but it does damage or injure some people if you don't be careful with him.

Finally, the captain's right-hand man stepped up and asked, "Captain, what do we do now?"

The captain, Fulimos, sighed. "We have no choice but to report back to Lord Gracius about this. But two of you must stay here and be ready to slay that lesser dragon hatchling if it comes back."

"We'll stay," a knight volunteered while patting the back of another. These two are known to almost be glued to each other. It is nigh impossible to make them do missions separately, but an advantage of this is that the teamwork is exceptional.

"Perfect, now we will go back."

================================

Ayayayayaya~ how did I get into this mess.... Trees can be a bitch with their roots too.

Currently, I'm walking back to my cave, and I did for the last half an hour. The ground isn't being friendly to me. I already tripped quite a few times and had a few minutes taken away the two times vines somehow stuck on me.

I'd better train somewhere where I can easily go back to where I was. Wait, what was that?

I heard and smelled something that wasn't supposed to be in this forest. I went to the area where I heard it and quickly climbed up a tree. I saw...

Humans! What are they doing here?!

There were knights with armour on them but the helmets off. I suppose that riding a horse in these thick woods would be such a drag so that's why they're walking. They were having an idle chat while I stay hidden. Until one particular person asked something that piqued my interest.

"So... I was on leave yesterday. What type of dragon hatchling are we hunting?"

"We're hunting a lesser dragon."

"What's the difference again?"

"Dude, this is monster knowledge 101, where have you been?!"

"Remind and enlighten me."

*Sigh* "There's the lesser dragon, the greater dragon, and the arch dragon. The lesser dragons reach up to 7 feet tall, sometimes 8 feet, and are wild animals. You could tame such creatures as they are no smarter than a cow. They don't have any elemental intrinsic magic, but it is very rare for one to have any. They're counted in the range of an experienced-class threat.

There's the greater dragon, which can grow up to 20 feet tall. Kind of a spike in upgrade from the lesser dragon. They usually have above-average intelligence for wild animals, but they're still wild. With these creatures, it is possible that you could befriend one instead of taming them, but it's still hard to beat that level of sense into them. They also have one elemental intrinsic magic, very rarely having two. They're counted in the range of an advanced-class threat.

Then there are the arch dragons. True beasts, but are rarely seen doing any bad deeds. They are known to have sentience at the same level as us and the ancient arch dragons surpass human intelligence. They grow until approximately 50 feet tall. They have three elemental intrinsic magic while ancients have four. Normal arch dragons are considered an extreme-class threat. While the ancients are known to wield Treacherous-class power."

"And the dragon queen?"

"She... is truly one of a kind. A towering 100 feet tall. By herself, she is a destructive-class threat. And if she uses her 'Dragon Lead' magic, she can reach a cataclysmic-class threat with her army."

I feel like I'm getting some kind of plot armour getting this information out of nowhere, but anyways-

Experienced? Advanced? Treacherous? Cataclysmic? Whaaaa? And I'm a lesser dragon? Soo.... I'm weak. Experienced sounds pretty freaking weak or easy compared to every other term I heard. And what is intrinsic magic? I'll have some research on it later.

Then what class threat was that vampi-tiger? I'm curious about how outmatched I was. But then one of them looked in my direction. And I instinctively leaned more to the shadows.

He looked around the trees for a few seconds, then turned back again. Phew, he didn't see me. At least I don't think he did. He doesn't seem like he's alarming any of the others. I should go back home before any other knights start being aware while thanking my luck for allowing me to hear about my kind.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

"So, what have you found?"

"My lord, we found the egg, but it has already hatched."

"And what measures have you done for this?"

The knights are back from their investigation and Fulimos is facing Lord Gracius for the report.

"I've organized two of my subordinates to stay and guard the cave just in case the dragon comes back while I'm reporting. What should I do?"

*Sigh* "They can't stay there forever. A dragon can hear and smell much better than you guys. We'll never catch it. We'll need some tracking-specialized adventurers to get rid of this hatchling. Please contact the two to come back."

"Affirmative." Kingdoms have developed the magic of distanced communication that uses brain waves to reach the predetermined receiver with a crystal that you press against the side of your head. It's induced telepathy over long distances.

When Fulimos has done contacting the two knights, he then nodded, put the crystal back into his pocket, and said, "It is done, my lord. Anything else I could do to serve you?"

"Yes, tell the town's broadcaster to post papers and broadcast on the stage that we will have five slots for experienced-class tracking-specialized adventurers for a mission to hunt a lesser dragon hatchling that is the successor of a dragon that killed the princess. It will start in three days and when the mission is succeeded, each adventurer would have 10 gold pay."

"Happily, my lord."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 7.9K 32
I don't get it. I really don't. I died, I get that much. But waking up in a dark and squishy place, with absolutely NO ROOM to move, I DON'T GET. Let...
470K 13.4K 38
Warning: There is abuse and extreme trauma in the beginning of this story. "This is the first time I've seen a human as small as you." I lightly fli...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
809K 32.4K 78
"Did you really think that it was going to be easy to get rid of me?" he raises an eyebrow as I was pushed against the wall. "There isn't anywhere yo...