Reincarnated As A Dragon Vol...

De Gabogame3

Barry was a normal depressed teen in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. He has two siblings and a best frie... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1: Unprecedented situations
Chapter 3: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 4: On The Run
Chapter 5: A Saviour
Chapter 6: A New Life
Interlude: Suspicions
Chapter 7: Home Exploration
Chapter 8: A Dream Come True
Chapter 9: The Guild
Chapter 10: Librarians Can Keep Secrets
Interlude: A Mother's Arrival
Chapter 11: Magical Essence
Chapter 12: The Family Back Together
Chapter 13: Meeting The Mother
Chapter 14: The Unknown
Chapter 15: Secret Unfolded
Chapter 16: The Talk
Interlude: The Researchers
Chapter 17: I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS
Chapter 18: Samples
Chapter 19: Elite Adventurer
Chapter 20: Girmold
Chapter 21: Anonymous Adventurer
Chapter 22: Rookie
Chapter 23: First Day!
Interlude: Injustice In Motion
Chapter 24: Time With Besley
Chapter 25: The Darkness Lurking
Chapter 26: A Demon's Essence
Chapter 27: A New World, A New Life
Epilogue: Fox
Diary of a Youkai
...

Chapter 2: Unlucky Confrontation

2.1K 75 37
De Gabogame3

Goddammit, I'm hungry. But no worries, I'm a dragon that is supposed to be feared right?

...

Right?

I started walking around the forest, looking for anything to hunt or eat. I found a little bush with some delicious fruit, which I'm delighted that I can eat. But that wasn't enough.

*Rustle* *Rustle*

Hmm? A hare? Perfect...

Then it ran.

I need to learn how to hunt. I don't wanna become a vegan. I love meat.

*grrrrrr*

That was my stomach. And yet I kept walking. I came back to the lake to drink but then went hunting again. It was starting to get dark when I finally got a rodent that didn't fill me up a hundred percent, but I was satisfied.

*grrrrr*

Boi, I really hoped that would be my stomach. Unfortunately, it's not. I turned around to see a comparatively huge black tiger with two huge fangs at the front.

A s-sabre-toothed tiger?!

With no warning, it pounced. I dodged quickly, pushing all my four legs to propel myself to the left. Its claw suddenly extended, almost hitting my underbelly, which would be fatal.

It jumped again, aiming for me, but it missed, yet I dodged and almost fell. It took advantage of my mistake and tried to claw me but kind of punched me instead. It didn't pierce anything but the momentum freaking hurt.

Thinking quickly, I went behind the object I crashed into. It was a tree as thick as I was long, which is about 2 feet wide. I was about to try and climb it for a chance to escape from the wild cat when suddenly a black paw literally cut the tree down and the same cat tried to pounce at me again.

What the HELL?! Is everything this strong in-

I didn't have time to think as I took an emergency run. I looked back to find out that a tree root has trapped the tiger's foot. I knew that that would not hold for long, so I quickly climbed a tree, which proved to be easy with my new body.

I was about to look down when the tree I was on started falling down and quickly went to another tree, and another, and another. Behind me, one by one, trees started falling down.

Can you please just give up??! Aren't you tired of chopping trees down already?! Deforestation is illegal, you know!

Right then, the trees stopped falling down behind me, but I ran for a dozen more seconds before I was sure I lost him.

I took a breather and noticed a bat approaching me from behind.

Ehh, such a cutie...

Then suddenly it transformed into the sabre-toothed tiger I saw back then.

Wha-

I didn't have time to react as it yeeted me to another branch. Fortunately, the claws didn't do much on me. I started running again and getting away from it. But after it recovered from seeing me still escaping fast it was gaining ground on me way too fast.

FUCK, RUN FASTER, STUPID LEGS.

By now, the sun has already set and I'm worried that more creatures like this would come. I need to hide somewhere quick. And fate loves me, as a wall of rock appeared in front of me with a small opening that would fit me perfectly. I dashed into it as the tiger nicked my tail. It was deep enough that it would take a long time and a lot of energy for it to make a hole to reach me. So it would give up.

But wait, IT CAN TURN INTO A BAT AND COME HERE, RIGHT?? But that would make it vulnerable, right? And it can't change inside here because it will be too big.

It seems that the tiger has the same thought process as me. It seems like it gave up on me and went away, but I stayed for an approximate extra half an hour until I was totally sure it wouldn't be there.

I peeked my head out and slowly trekked my way down. The closer to the ground I am, the louder a strange noise becomes. When I came down and turn around...

HOLY FU-

I jumped away out of fear, but then I realised it was asleep. I still froze in place for a minute but then slowly stepped sideways, and again, and again. I kept doing this until the cave where the tiger lives was almost out of sight, then I broke into a full-on run.

AAAAAA I THOUGHT I WAS REALLY GOING TO DIE BEFORE. Grrrrrrr why is this harder than online school homework? I thought nothing can be harder than that!

When I stopped rambling internally, I decided to find a new place to call my home. I walked for about an hour, which is when I realized I'm hungry again. I was about to stop to pick some fruits from a bush, but I heard rustling in another and noped outta there.

Luckily, I stumbled into a small cave that is perfect for me and doesn't have the smell of another potentially dangerous animal in it.

Fu fu fu, It's unfortunate for you, cat, that you showed me that you're a vampire type because I happen to know about folklore with vampires in it, and their weaknesses...

I smiled evilly as I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~the next day~~~~~~~

Time for an ambush!

Last night, I thought through all the possibilities of killing the vampire cat. I had some silver, or at least I hope it's silver. It looks silver, the sword of a knight that was left behind, that is.

Normally I bully incompetent people but I'm thanking them for now.

I've decided to risk it now than later because the cat is bound to kill me in the near future. I need to show it not to mess with me, maybe kill it if this plan works. Goddamn, I'm hungry though.

I managed to kill two hares that went in my sight. It was much easier because I now have experience running from my near death experience yesterday and climbing trees proved crucial for ambushing them.

I kept walking for about ten minutes before I noticed the familiar smell of the cat's cave. I saw the hole and saw it still sleeping. Hah, your sleepiness will be your end.

First off, I'll need to limit its mobility, which means I need to keep it in its small home and not let it go outside. I can't block it, so I spent half an hour cutting branches quietly to open up some sunlight at the entrance of the cave. It would at least trigger a little hesitation to escape for the cat.

The second step, I slowly and quietly hung the sword, which I somehow nimbly carried here even though it's almost twice my size, on the roof of the cave with vines. And then I connected the aforementioned vine into another vine that tightly slithers to the ground and under a rock. The plan is that I lure the cat to the position under the sword and at the same time I cut the vine that I put under the rock so the sword falls down and slashes or impales the tiger. Silver or not, that is bound to be fatal at the least.

Now, just...

HYAAAA, EAT MY FOOT YA BITCH. Wait, don't take that literally please.

The tiger jolted from my kick and panicked a bit. It found me and tried to fly out, becoming a bat again, but found that the entrance was full of sunlight, I took advantage of this situation and yeeted the bat back into the cave with my claws, ripping the centre of the wings in the process.

Hah, you like that, kitty?

It transformed back to its tiger form and growled at me, a sign that it finally sees me as a threat. I had a shot of pride run through me, but it instantly turned to panic when it started attacking.

I dodged and dodged its attacks until I got it to where I wanted it to. I had a little celebration in my head that cost me a limp leg, as the cat managed to slash it with its claws. And I also got thrown away, fortunately, to where my trap trigger is.

I SWEAR THAT CAT SHOT ME A SMUG FACE. Heh, makes me more eager to teach it a lesson.

TAKE THIS YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

I snapped the vine next to me. The vampi-tiger finally notices it and looked where it trailed to and saw a sword. By that time, it was already too late.

The sword slashed the cat through the eye and nose deep. It fell and went limp.

YEAH LET'S GO- What the hell-

It started to prop back up and glared at me like a hawk. It might've lost it's eyesight and smell, but if I can't move half as nimbly as before because of my injured leg, I'm basically dead.

It roared at me and I was frozen in place. It took a fighting stance before... Something hit its face and it roared even harder than before. It fell down and doesn't seem like getting up anytime soon.

I approached it, only to find half of its face disintegrated. It looked at me pleadingly.

The fuck you want me to do? You started this!

I then saw what hit the cat... to see that the hilt of the sword facing him.

Aahhh, so the sword is actually not silver, but the hilt is. But damn, I know silver is a weakness to vampires, but isn't this a bit too excessive?

I can't help but think of befriending/taming the tiger by saving it somehow now. But it suddenly closed its eyes and stopped breathing.

Welp, there goes that thought.

Suddenly, the whole body of the vampi-tiger turned to dust.

Yare yare daze.

A heavy throbbing on my leg reminded me of what it did to me.

Ow, crap, crap, crap, that hurts what the hell.

A blue orb is floating above the dust from the tiger's body. I hesitated to approach it, but in the end, I touched it anyways. The moment I did, a warm feeling deep inside me grew through my whole body.

When it stopped, I felt like a newborn dragon again, my foot was healed. And in a way, I felt... stronger? Not physically or mentally, but something changed inside me.

Meh, maybe next time I'll check. For now, I'm hungry.

================================

"There were three eggs! I swear I saw three eggs!"

"But we only found and stabbed two! There can't be a third egg!"

"It must have rolled away or something!"

"What are you, insane?! Eggs don't roll by themselves!"

The afternoon when Barry hatched, a fight has broken out in the barracks of the town of Univ. The knights the king requested when visiting the town, of course, were sent from the town, with the consent of the town's lord, Lord Gracius.

There were complications with the dragon eggs. The king has ordered the execution of the dragons that killed his daughter and the execution of any successor of the dragons.

There was one side, who thought their job was already done as they stabbed all the eggs. And there was the other, who thought there was one more egg missing in action.

"The lord Gracius has arrived!" A messenger said. The barrack doors behind him opened to show a man just in his early 30s. He is wearing a formal yellow cloak, an indication that he is a Lord of a town belonging to the Kingdom of Altidore.

He looked around as the room became silent. "I heard a dispute while I was approaching these doors. Have you all completed the request the king gave?"

Everyone looked at each other until the general of the knights came forward.

"I'm sorry my lord, as for your question, it is what our dispute is about. It seems that we're having doubts whether we have missed one of the eggs of the dragons."

"How could you miss an egg? Isn't it always in one place with the others?"

"That was my expectations my lord, but when I came into the cave, I and a few others in my group have vague memories of seeing three eggs together. But when we left, we only got news that we only slashed two of them."

"This is quite a complicated situation. We don't want any dragons to be terrorising our town, whether it is a devastating arch dragon or a lesser dragon like this. I advise you to rest for now and go back and investigate tomorrow at midday. I don't want to risk any of your lives to that vampiric tiger roaming the forests at night, so we better choose the brightest hour possible. If you do find an egg, execute it immediately."

"I understand, my lord."

Nodding at the knight captain, Lord Gracius left the room.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.8K 53 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
118K 6.6K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...
563K 17.2K 60
Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain whispered in the cold night, it told her...
549K 19K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...