Falling Of The Rules

By oceanshadowss

Her parents - both extremely religious - raised all their daughters to love Christ and respect themselves. Bu... More

Character Aesthetics.
A Fresh Start.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5. (!)
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8. (!)
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11. (!)
Chapter 12. (!)
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19. (!)
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21. (!)
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24. (!)
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29. (!)
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33. (!)
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35. (!)
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.

Chapter 38.

746 20 46
By oceanshadowss

Last night was worrying to watch. I can't judge her reaction though. I had a loving mother, one that I never wanted to leave. Monica... her father hurt her, he did everything a father should never do to their child.

I don't know what she's going to be like once she wakes up, but I do know that I'd like to help the most I can, so that's why I'm in the kitchen.

From the beginning of this relationship Monica knew I couldn't cook. Hell, I made her cereal and she praised me for it, but after that, I taught myself. The guys at the frat, they showed me how to cook a real breakfast. Breakfast for times like these.

So I'm cooking bacon, I have eggs scrambled, and there's toast that I'm buttering. It may be simple, but it's the small things that mean so much to Monica. And no way will I let her settle for any less than most, but a small breakfast that I cooked is something that might make this day much different.

Thankfully, when we'd be down at the beach house, mom insisted on buying these food trays. We never used them, but finally I get to put them to good use.

My mom was always smart, she knew we'd need them at one point, and without her, I'd be screwed.

I put the plate that is now filled with food neatly placed in sections so no food is touching - just how she likes it - and a glass of orange juice onto the tray, and slowly I walk up the stairs with it balancing in my hands, hoping and praying I don't drop it.

I expected her to be asleep still as I go back so I'm not surprised to see her fast asleep, her arms wrapping around a pillow beside her as if it was me.

I hate to wake her, but I wouldn't want her to eat cold food, so I clear my throat and she stirs in bed. "Angel, wake up, I made you breakfast."

"You got me cereal?" She grumbles out as she stretches, instantly going to rub her eyes awake. She's soon awake and looking at me, a smile growing on her face. "You made me actual breakfast?!"

"I know it's not a lot, I just figured you'd want breakfast, I know-"

"It's perfect, thank you." She sits up and pats the bed beside her, telling me to sit down.

I hand her the tray of food before sitting down beside her, she doesn't hesitate to scoop some eggs on her fork, taking a bite.

"Is it good? It might be cold, it took me a while to figure out the bacon."

"It's beautiful, angel, I love you." She cups my face and gives me a soft peck on the lips. "You not having any food?"

"I uh... it took me a couple tries, I burnt the first batch, so I ate that." I shyly tell her and she shakes her head, that answer not being enough for her.

"Open up." She puts some eggs and bacon on her fork, putting up to my mouth. "You need to know what your food actually tastes and know that it's not like charcoal.

I do as she says, and for the first time today, I think to myself that I aren't actually bad at this cooking thing. Earlier, I had the opposite thought, but when it's not burnt it tastes pretty good.

She smiles at me, the biggest smile I've ever seen and my heart hurts. I love her so much. She deserves this, she deserves to be happy, she doesn't deserve anything less.

"Will you switch my phone off for me?" She mumbles with a mouthful of food and I chuckle.

"Of course, why?" I wonder and she shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't want to speak to anyone today, just you. I know someone's gonna ring me today, either it be my sisters or mom, and I don't wanna think about it today." She tells me, and I hum, grabbing her phone from the bedside table, quickly seeing her messages pop up. "Who is it from?"

"It's just your friends so far, babe. You still want me to turn it off?" I check and she nods her head, grabbing a glass of orange juice.

"Please."

"Okay." I shut off her phone, putting down on the bed, and she grabs my hand. "What do you wanna do today?"

"You said you'd teach me how to surf?" She brings up a topic she quickly dismissed just a couple days ago. "I wanna learn... I also wanna see you with that surf board."

"Hmm, okay." I tell her and she giggles. "Eat up, and we'll get ready."

~~

Monica didn't lie when she said she wanted to see me with the surf board, she did however lie about the learning part. Ever since we got dressed and ready for the beach, and got out here, she's been laid on the sun lounger, watching me with careful eyes.

"I thought you wanted to learn!" I shout over at her from the water and I can hear her laughs.

"I am learning, I'm watching!" She shouts back and I shake my head. "Okay, alright! I'm coming out, but if you let my head go under, you're paying for it!"

"Fine, fine." I agree, although I know it's almost impossible to surf without your head going under the water - at least at the beginning.

It takes a while for her to get in the water to the level that I'm at, she's constantly running back to shore the second it reaches a part of her body that it hadn't prier, screaming that it's cold.

I try to assure her - just like I did on the beach that first night with her - that it gets warmer as you get used to it.

She's soon close to me, running up to me slowly as the water drags her movements and it's not long until she's clinging to me, her arms wrapping around me like if she were to let go it would be the end of the world.

"I got you, I got you." I tell her and she breathes rapidly. "We don't have to do this, you know? We can just swim."

"No, I want to, it'll be fun." I don't believe her last words as she looks at me with a worried look. "What do I do?"

"Just lay on the board first, stomach first, yeah? Get used to how it moves with the water." I tell her dragging the board over to us by the string that's strapped to my ankle. "You're not going anywhere, I promise."

She did really well, she laid on the board, and only complained when the water splashed her in the face slightly. That was until I told her she had to sit up on it to work on her balance.

I knew surfing wasn't for Monica, she barely likes water as it is, never mind a sport that involves it, but this concluded it for me.

The second her ass touched the board, a wave came out of no where and the board flipped completely, her head going under. I grabbed her instantly, and she was fine, but she definitely wasn't happy.

She gave up with it at that, she slowly walked back to shore, and laid back down on the sun lounger, and I shook my head at her.

She did better than I thought she would though, I didn't think I'd get her in the ocean at all.

I hit a few waves, acing them all before following my darling back to shore, the fun slowly disappearing as I watch her sit there alone.

"Okay, so what do you wanna do now? It's our last day here, we've gotta do something." I tell her and she smiles, crinkly her eyes as she looks up at me.

"Let's go on a walk, maybe we'll find somewhere that does food?" She suggests and I nod my head. That sounds like a good idea.

"I'll just get a shirt quickly, do you want me to grab you a little dress to throw over your bikini?" I ask and she hums with a smile.

"Oh, and will you get my sunglasses from my purse, please? They should be in the bigger compartment."

"Of course, I will." I walk back to the house, leaving her to the view of the ocean, and I smile to myself. I love it here.

I quickly change into some dry shorts and underwear, throwing a short sleeve shirt on, knowing it's too warm to wear long sleeves today. It worries me going out in public like this, but I know I need to work on my anxiety around it.

I grab Monica's blue sundress and a some underwear incase she didn't want to stay in her bikini, and I go over to her purse.

I open it up, instantly seeing her glasses and I pick them up with one hand, but out of the corner of my eye I spot a unfamiliar blue box.

I pick it up, and I get a shiver down my spine, reading the packaging in front of me.

Clear-blue Pregnancy Test.

There's no way, we've been so careful. She would've told me, right?

I never thought this is what I'd see in her purse, I thought that maybe she'd have some questionable things in here - sex toys, maybe some cigarettes - but not this.

"Hey, did you get my glasses? I know they're-"

I turn round to her, and she looks down at what I have in my hand silent. She looks shocked, almost as if she'd forgotten she even had this in her purse in the first place.

"You're pregnant?"

How long has she known...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 410 20
Love is the strangest thing, it never happens when you want it too. It almost never happens with who you always thought it would. The world is becomi...
6.1K 263 23
๐‡๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐ซ๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ... follow the heartwarming journey of Allisa, a resilient 19-year-old girl, as she...
864K 15.6K 44
Two people - broken in their own way - collide. Francesca's life was completely normal up to a couple months ago. Ethan's never known normality. Two...
5K 173 24
LANA: I fell in love with the golden girl. She's the perfect student, the skilled captain of the volleyball team, and the girlfriend of the nicest pl...