The Farm Life Of a "Fool"

By Haisizlien

TRANSMIGRATION: THE FARM LIFE OF A "FOOL" Xu Ran has been working in a company for two years after graduating... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Side 1-2
Side 3-4
Side 5-6
Side 7-8
Side 9-10
Side 11-12
Side 13-14
Side 15-16
Side 17-18
Side 19-20
Side 21-22
Side 23-25

Chapter 68

2.6K 133 9
By Haisizlien

UNMENTIONABLE DISEASE

Xu Ran and Du Xin got up early on the second day. The carter was also a part-time servant who had put an order for breakfast for them. Xu Ran and Du Xin had been waiting a long time but had yet to see Lin Hua and Zhao Chen descend.

The carter and Du Xin had no idea what was going on, so they figured they wouldn't be able to get out of bed until the sun was high in the sky.

After breakfast, Xu Ran said, "It's unnecessary to wait for the two of them. Let's go outside and take a look. When we return at noon, they'll be up."

"Why? We don't invite them to join us? It's a smart idea to get out early in the morning. At noon, it would be unbearably hot."

Xu Ran slapped him on the head, "Let's just forget it. They're probably tired, let them sleep!"

Du Xin touched his head where he had been hit and pouted, "Alright then, we'll go by ourselves."

Then he ran off without pausing for a moment.

Having seen so many ancient devices, Xu Ran was unsurprised, and he simply purchased some to send to Qin Shuwen's children as gifts.

He also purchased hair ornaments, a jade hairpin, and bracelets for Ge'ers, as well as Qin Shuwen, Elder Daddy Qin. He didn't know what to buy for the guys, so he decided to wait and see!

On the other hand, Du Xin wanted to buy anything he saw, but due to his lack of money, he had no choice but to browse around the shops.

In the end, Du Xin saw a refined pendant and begged Xu Ran to lend him money so as to purchase it.

Xu Ran asked him, "Are you buying it as a gift to somebody?"

Du Xin nodded, "Yes, it's for my spouse. I haven't brought him anything in all the years we've been together. I'm terrible in comparison to you, but I'd like to buy him something."

Xu Ran took the silver from his pocket and handed it to him. "Actually, your partner is unconcerned about these matters as long as you have the mind. After all, these are non-living objects, while people are living human beings. If you treat your spouse well when you return, he might be very happy."

Du Xin rubbed his head. "You're right. I'll treat him well from now on. I just don't know if he would be bullied in the past few days when I'm not around. After all, my father wants me to take a concubine."

"Then why did you leave so carelessly?"

"I didn't think so much before. I thought that if I wasn't home, my dad wouldn't ask me to take a concubine."

Xu Ran was speechless and he couldn't help but feel amazed at the way he thought.

Xu Ran immediately remembered what Du Xin had said about his spouse not having a child in years. People thought there was something wrong with the woman in the case of infertility in ancient times, so he reasoned that in this era, people would naturally think the issue was with the Ge'er.

Xu Ran asked Du Xin, "You said that your spouse couldn't get pregnant. Have you taken him to the doctor's?"

Du Xin nodded. "Yes, many times, but the doctor said there's nothing wrong with him."

"You... have you ever thought that it might be you who have the problem?" Xu Ran's question was quite bold. After all, there were very few people in this era who would dare to question the fertility of men.

After being shock for a moment, Du Xin immediately retorted, "How could it be me who have the problem?"

Xu Ran had predicted that he would respond in this manner. Despite the fact that they didn't speak loudly, it was impolite to continue talking in front of the stall. Xu Ran gave the stall owner the silver in Du Xin's hand, then took the pendant and left with Du Xin.

After finding an empty place with no one else around, Xu Ran sent the carter away and continued his talk to Du Xin, "I understand how difficult it is for you to consider anything like this. If there isn't anything wrong with your partner, then the issue must be with you. You wouldn't be childless after so many years of marriage if you weren't. If you're sick, you'll have to go see a doctor. Do you want me to go with you? It would be best if there is no problem, but if there is, you'd better treat it as soon as possible, right?"

Du Xin was persuaded by Xu Ran's words and started to doubt himself, "Is there really something wrong with me?"

Xu Ran spread out his hands, "Nobody knows for sure with this kind of thing. You'd better go see the doctor. Don't conceal your illness and avoid treatment."

"Conceal what? What treatment? What do you mean?" Du Xin was confused.

Xu Ran explained, "What I meant was don't refuse to see the doctor because you have unspeakable illness. It'll be just you and me and no one else knows you here anyway."

Du Xin hesitated. "Alright then, but you have to promise me that you will tell no one about this. Absolutely no one."

Xu Ran nodded, and then raised two fingers. "I swear I won't tell another soul."

Du Xin nodded with satisfaction. "Alright, I believe you now. Let's go!"

After Du Xin was finished, he quickly strode ahead, but stopped after two steps; he stopped and turned to look at Xu Ran.

Xu Ran was confused, "What's wrong?"

"I don't have the money..." Du Xin had a bitter expression.

Xu Ran: "..." 'It seems that he really kept forgetting the fact that he had no money. Is he really used to being a rich young master?'

Xu Ran patted his waist. "Alright, I'll lend you the money but you are going to return to me when you get home."

There was no longer a problem, so the two of them sent the carter away, telling him to wander around or return to the inn on his own. The two of them walked down the street in search of a doctor.

In the end, They came to an old doctor who was almost blind and was discovered by Du Xin, who said that since the doctor's eyes were poor, he wouldn't be able to see him clearly, so there would be no potential problems.

Xu Ran complained silently in his heart. He couldn't think of any possible trouble in the future.

For a long time, the old doctor fumbled with Du Xin's wrist, but he couldn't locate his pulse. Xu Ran was the one who led the old doctor to it.

He began to touch other parts of his body after touching his side. Apart from his poor vision, his medical skills turned out to be very fine. Nonetheless, the truth had been revealed: Du Xin was the one with the issue.

The poor man was so frightened when he heard the old doctor's words that his legs went soft. Xu Ran stepped forward to support him, and then asked the old doctor, "Doctor, is his condition treatable?"

The old doctor started to rub his beard, sunk in his own thoughts. "Yes, yes, but I'm not very good at medicine, so I can't cure it. Try someone else!"

It was difficult to get Du Xin to see a doctor, much less multiple doctors, which was impossible. As Du Xin regained his composure, he realized what the old doctor had said was a lie and started to pull Xu Ran away.

Xu Ran believed it. With the doctor's old age, there were still patients who came to him for treatment. He definitely had his strength.

To keep Du Xin from going, Xu Ran grabbed him and went to the old doctor to ask him some questions. The old doctor patiently answered each of Xu Ran's questions before directing them to a clinic called Immortal of Life in the city's south end and directing them to the doctor there. Albeit young, the doctor was quite skilled in medicine.

Regardless of whether the old doctor asked for consultation fees, Xu Ran left some money before leaving.

Du Xin was unwilling to go, but Xu Ran insisted that he had to see the doctor. He said, "I don't feel embarrassing by going with you and yet you find it embarrassing to have such a condition? Don't you want to have kids? I told you I had twin children and my spouse had another in his belly. My sons are obedient and smart."

He said it with a proud expression on his face, which made Du Xin envious. He, too, adored children and wished to have his own, but his wife was unable to give birth to any. In the end, he discovered that the issue was not with his spouse, but with himself, which was much too much to handle at once! The point was whether or not he accepted the fact, there was indeed something wrong with his body which made him unable to have child.

'I really want a child...'

Hearing Xu Ran's tempting words, Du Xin gritted his teeth, "Alright, I'll go with you but just this one clinic. If it doesn't work out, I'll go home and ask my father to find me a doctor. I won't get any treatment in this shitty place anymore."

Xu Ran was speechless, 'Where else is not a shitty place.'

Nonetheless, it is preferable to start in the city's south. The clinic's name sounded badass, and he was curious as to how good the doctor there was.

Xu Ran and Du Xin had no idea where the city's east end was, so they asked around while driving. It was fortunate that the Immortality of Life Clinic was well-known.

When Xu Ran and Du Xin arrived at the clinic, it was already noon. The sun was blazing and both of them were sweaty all over.

The Immortality of Life Clinic still had a few patients seeking care, and the doctor was as young as the old doctor had said. He may be the same age as Xu Ran.

As a result, this was the so-called "favored one" of God. At such a young age, he had such a promising career and reputation. Even the elderly doctor, who had been practicing medicine for several years, admitted that he was competent in his profession.

After everyone in the clinic left, Xu Ran and Du Xin walked over. The young doctor looked at Xu Ran and Du Xin and asked, "Are you here for treatment?"

Xu Ran nodded. "We are indeed here to see a doctor, but this illness is embarrassing to speak out. Doctor, you'd better see it yourself!"

Xu Ran took two steps back and exposed Du Xin.

With Xu Ran's words, the doctor seemed to have figured it out himself, so he went to wait by the side.

After a while, Du Xin came over with a bitter face. Xu Ran knew that it was settled when he saw his face. He asked Du Xin, "Is it treatable?"

"Yes, it means taking medicine, and needles..." Du Xin said with a pitiful tone. Xu Ran started to sympathize with him. This ancient medicine was extremely difficult to swallow.

Xu Ran stood up and patted him on the shoulder. "It's nice that it can be handled. You will be able to have a child after that, despite how difficult it would be. If you look at it this way, you won't find it as complicated. Let us go to the doctor and inquire about the procedure and how long it will take. We'll come after the autumn test."

"Okay," Du Xin nodded. "Thank you, Ran."

Xu Ran patted him again. "I didn't do anything. There's not much to thank for. Wait till you're cured to thank me!"

The two of them asked the doctor about the treatment and the time for the treatment. After receiving the answer, they returned to the inn.

Afterwards, looking at the people together, Xu Ran immediately recalled the saying, "Birds of a feather flock together." He look at himself, who had been foolish for the previous seven years. Lin Hua and Zhao Chen were both in a secret relationship, and Du Xin was suffering from an unfathomable illness. And Zhuo Yun, who was not there, had to spend so many years in conflict with Qin Shuwen before they could get along.

But, alas! Xu Ran sighed and took a seat. The ancient proverb was, as predicted, wise.

05.13.21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Erica By Sam

Historical Fiction

2.8M 153K 89
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...
116K 7.7K 38
Jeon Jungkook n Kim Taehyung
460K 19.1K 58
Pregnant with His Uncle's Child 怀了渣男他叔的孩子 Author: 甜即正义 Status: 58 Chapters (Completed) Description Lin Zhou decisively kicked off the scumbag after l...
248K 16K 142
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...