Miss X (Swasan Fan Fiction) [...

By Nita_Reid

A Story of a man who lives with a new identity and a woman who has no identity. What will happen when their t... More

Preface
Prologue
Character Sketch
Chapter 1 : " Rescuing a Stranger "
Chapter 2 : " Trusting a Stranger "
Chapter 3 :" Growing Fondness "
Chapter 4 : " Distrust "
Chapter 5 :" Past"
Chapter 6 : " Hidden Secrets "
Chapter 7 : " The Face Off"
Chapter 8 :" Cross Roads "
Chapter 9: " No longer a Secret"
Chapter 10 :" Missing Link "
Chapter 11:"ChildHood Friends"
Chapter 12 :"The Perfect Family "
Chapter 13:" To Remember Again "
Chapter 14: " Memoirs of Miss X"
Chapter 15 :" Possible Suspects"
Chapter 16 :" Regrets "
Chapter 17 :" Reinforcements "
Chapter 18 :" Unwanted Wife "
Chapter 19:" Silence"
Chapter 20 :" Too late "
Chapter 21 :" Heart over Mind "
Chapter 22 :" A Blind Date"
Chapter 23 :" Date Night "
Chapter 24 :" D -Day"
Chapter 25 :" Who Am I ?"
Chapter 26 : " Past Secrets"
Chapter 27 :" The Funeral "
Chapter 28 :" Where it all began "
Chapter 29 :" True Colours "
Teaser .
Chapter 30 :" The Biggest Gamble "
Teaser 2
Chapter 31:" Stacked Cards"
Chapter 32 : "Is it really over ? "
Chapter 33 :" Hostages"
" Chapter 34 : Blindsided "
Chapter 35 : " The Empty House "
Chapter 37 : Confession

Chapter 36: " The End"

260 37 3
By Nita_Reid

A/N: I am writing this line before everything else because here to hoping this will the final chapter of the book. Thank you for your patience and I really hope I can end this book and give it enough closure for all the time I spent on it.

                                     ********************************************

Abirami finally got some alone time with Sanskar, it wasn't how she wanted it to be but she will learn to make do with what she had at present. At the moment he was eating in the living room without a word to her for the past ten minutes, she may have sent the police on wild goose chase but they will never fully leave the place of the crime scene unprotected for long.

She needs to get Sanskar back to the room soon and before that, she needs to talk with him. If only, he looked interested enough to hear her version of life than look at her as a murderer. And when she couldn't take any more of his silence, she decided to do something about it.

" I love you, and I know you will never love me. Because I killed your wife, but Sanskar back then I had hopes and dreams that one day you will wake up to realize we are meant to be. Yet you fail to realize it because you keep thinking of me as a monster. Why is it so hard for you to give me a real chance?, even now instead of escaping from Jail. I am risking everything to spend time with you and yet you hardly said a word to me "Abirami spoke up frustrated at his continued ignorance of her 

" Why do you love me ?, I am just a guy who wrote some books about a fictional character. What you have for me isn't love but madness," he answered back calmly that it made her angry.

"Do you think anyone who went through what I did will be sane? My own brother raped me, My own father didn't even care, but Mr. X did in his book when he went to get justice for the victim. And your words gave me the power to heal Sanskar, and I knew you will never let me down like them. So why can't I love you ?" Abirami spoke up as she hoped he would finally understand her.

So she was enraged when he laughed at her heartfelt confession and walked away from her yet again and into the kitchen probably to place the empty dishes and that made her more furious too. While she didn't want him afraid of her, his calmness frustrated her too. She liked having people cower in fear at her sight, after living most of her life feeling helpless. She craved that fear from people.

So Sanskar's calmness irked her as she followed him into the kitchen, if killing one more of her siblings will making him fear her, then she was willing to do so. But the sight before her surprised her, as Sanskar was holding out a knife in his hand and pointing it towards her

"You are not going to kill me Sanskar, Remember that if I didn't open the door. My sibling will die and you are too good to let that happen " Abirami answered back as she laughed at him now. If Sanskar thought she was going to be scared about the knife, he was wrong. She knew him and he won't harm her.

"True, I will never risk your siblings' life. Now that they are safe and far away from you. There is nothing stopping me from having my revenge " Sanskar answered back, so confidently that Abirami reached for her phone in haste and froze to see the empty room.

How could she have been so careless? she wondered as she ran back to her parent's bedroom and to the locked room, if she expected Sanskar to remain where he was, she was mistaken when he followed her back into the locked room on his own accord, still carrying the knife.

Abirami didn't know why he didn't walk away if her siblings escaped. Because when she entered the room it was indeed to find it empty without her siblings. As she turned to look at Sanskar who looked relieved while all Abirami felt was a deep fear that her bargaining chips were gone.

"Well Abirami, looks like it just you and me like you wanted. But you no longer have any power to keep me inside this house. I could just walk away but the one thing I realized from all my experience with you is that you will never stop threatening those I love even if you were in jail. And the only way to make you stop is to become a murderer like you. Remember you just said that you killed for a reason and that I should see it from your point of view and guess what, I do see how killing you would be the right thing for everyone concerned " Sanskar spoke up and she refused to believe his words but a part of her wondered if she pushed him to the brink that he was willing to kill her now.

"You are not a murderer " Abirami answered back as she moved away from him in fear for the first time. 

"When you push someone to the brink of insanity what do you expect ?" he answered back as he approached as if he intends to really kill her.

Abirami realized she felt overconfident with her hostages that she didn't have anything to defend herself. Her computer hacking skills are not going to help her overpower Sanskar, and there was no weapon in hand that she looked around until her eyes found one of the vases and she picked it up as if intending to throw it at him.

"Stop right there, don't come any closer " she shouted at him. Abirami may have killed several people but when death was staring back at her, she realized that she didn't want to die this soon.

But he still walked towards her and she slowly backed away until she hit the wall and there was nowhere to run. And he stopped as well, instead of moving towards her as he originally did, he bent to pick up something and she realized in her haste to get the vase which weighed a ton, she dropped her phone. 

Before she could ask what he was doing, he spoke up making her realize that he never intended to kill her after all.

"I am not going to kill you, because I am not a murderer like you. But I will not let you escape and continue to threaten our lives anymore. Stay in the hell of your own making Abirami. " Sanskar answered back as he walked away from her

It was only when he was near the door she realized the truth of his words, without her phone. She cant walk away from the locked room. She tried to run towards the door before she got locked inside but the door was far away than intended.

"The room will blow up if I didn't check on it soon, you can't do this Sanskar " Abirami shouted at him because it was the truth. In her happiness to find some alone time with Sanskar, she didn't reset the times and the 30 minutes must be approaching soon.

Sanskar stopped as if sensing the truth. She knew he won't let her die and so she was about to walk towards the door intending to use any words to ensure Sanskar forgives her. But was shocked when she heard the door click shut leaving her alone in the room.

Abirami stood still in shock that Sanskar really intended to kill her, even when he knew she may die, he left her locked in the room. She didn't know how many minutes were left in the timer before the room blows up but she stood still for a moment as the betrayal from yet another person she loved consumed her. 

Sanskar Maheshwari was a man of principles, someone who would never harm anyone. He was gentle and kind, a wonderful father and great husband. All the reason she fell in love with him flashed before her mind but then the anger took root as she realized even he betrayed her. 

Abirami's obsession with Sanskar was based on her trust in him to be a good person, and he left her to die. As the knowledge of his betrayal filled her with anger, she realized that she will not die alone and let Sanskar live happily ever after with his family. With her mind made up, she walked towards the door.

Abirami knew the password to the door, but she was being cautious when she used a double lock for the door. The door needs both the password as well as her access from the phone to open. So she knew if she pressed the password and tried to open the door without her phone, it will blow up.

A moment ago, she was afraid to die. Now she was furious enough to die if it ensured Sanskar died with her, it was with shaky fingers she typed the Password, I love Sanskar. The ironic words that will mark the end of their journey together. She killed for him, to gain his love and he always kept it away from her. Giving it to someone else instead and now she will kill him even if it cost her life.

                                        **********************************

Swara rushed back to the house with Laksh trying to keep her from running inside the house in search of Sanskar, the moment she saw everyone escaped, she knew there was no reason for Sanskar to stay inside the house unless Abirami hurt him.

"Swara, stop. You can't go inside and make yourself a target as well. Didn't you hear what Aandhi said, Sanskar stayed behind so the others had a chance to escape. And if you went inside, she will use you against him " Laksh was the voice of reason, but she had a feeling her Sanskar was in danger. She couldn't explain it to Laksh who refused to let her go inside the house until Pradeep gets back.

Then just as she feared, there was a deafening sound from the house as if it was falling apart. And a moment later, she saw that the house was indeed collapsing right before her eyes. Swara tried to approach the falling building but Laksh held her back from walking into the chaos that unfolded before their eyes.

The sound must have brought others as she heard the loud cry from Aandhi who rushed towards Swara's side, but Swara only kept saying one sentence over and over again as if her mind can't comprehend anything beyond that one single fact. "Sanskar is inside the house and I have to help him".

Swara heard the sound of sirens, she saw Pradeep rushing to meet her and she heard Laksh telling him everything but none of them made any sense to her, not when her Sanskar was inside the house when it collapsed. 

She stood in the same road as the rescue operation went underway, she stood for hours in the same road as time flew by without any news of her Sanskar. Everyone said there was no way he would have made it, and she needed to go back home until there was any news as it will take time. 

But Swara would have waited for eternity on the road for her Sanskar and when there was a loud announcement declaring they found a body, Swara's legs gave up on her as she fell on the road. As her mind continued to keep saying it can't be him. 

"It was not him Swara, it is her" Ragini's voice spoke up as she held her close in an embrace, her cousin rushed to the site as soon as she heard the news and stood by her side till now.

"So she is dead " Swara answered back, Abirami death didn't mean anything to her. Not when her Sanskar was still not found. 

  "We got him " came another loud announcement fifteen minutes later and this time Swara's legs found the strength to run towards the voice willing to see her Sanskar alive.

She stopped at the sight of blood fearing the worst, she refused to believe he was dead but there was just too much blood and she couldn't breathe as she waited for the one word that could shake her entire life.

"There is still a pulse," someone spoke up in wonder and she held on to those words as her Sanskar was taken in an ambulance, she held on to those words as the surgery went on for hours and hours that she lost track of everything. She held on to those words because thinking of anything else was not an option. 

" We did everything, we can and now we wait for the next 24 hours " the doctors declared after those hours, they spoke about broken ribs, internal organs that were damaged that need to be considered but their words gave her hope that her Sanskar was still fighting for his life.

When she was allowed inside the ICU after Ragini pleaded and begged on her behalf. She saw her Sanskar wrapped up in too many bandages that she could hardly recognize him, still, she held on to the hope he will make it.

"I Love you Sanskar, this can't be the end for us. I didn't escape death two times, so it can take you away from me this easily. Fight for our happily ever after, Fight so that our Asha can have her father back, I can't go back home to let the little one know you are no longer with us Sanskar. I am selfish, and I can't let you go. So please fight for us " Swara whispered those words to him as her tears continued to fall at the sight of him.

******************************************************

"Papa wake up " Sanskar heard those words from his daughter but he couldn't open his eyes.

"Asha, your papa needs to sleep a little longer, You wanted to see him and I brought you to him right, just wait a little longer beta. Please don't cry darling " his Shona's voice greeted him next as he continues to hear the little wail of sobs from his daughter that broke his heart.

Sanskar knew both of them were waiting for him, and he wanted to wake up to reassure them that he was fine, even though he knew that wasn't true. Because pain seems to be his constant companion that keeps reminding him that he was still alive enough to fight for his life.

Then in the midst of his pain, he felt it. A fleeting kiss on his cheek from his daughter, which brought a smile to his face. 

"Mommy, Papa is smiling " Asha spoke up with happiness and he heard the gasp of shock from his Shona and when he tried to open his eyes, he still couldn't do so but when his Shona's handheld on to his hand, he found the strength to move his finger to hold her. 

" Keep fighting my love, this isn't the end. We both will wait for you to wake up " Swara spoke up next as she gently kissed his cheek, before leaving him to the darkness that kept him in its captive.

 ****************************************

It had been 44 days since that night, her Sanskar was wheeled into the hospital with barely a pulse and he was still fighting for his life, the first few days Swara refused to leave his side. But Asha needed her, when Dida was unable to console the little one, Swara went back home as the little girl rushed to her side with tears streaming down her face.

It took Asha about a week more before she asked that question, while the adults whispered around her. The little one did hear more than she had to in the last few days. 

"Did my daddy also went far away like my mommy ?" Asha asked her one night as Swara tried to get her to sleep. Sleep eluded Swara but she didn't want the little one to go without sleep either, so pretended to sleep next to her on the bed.

In a way, Asha had been the only one holding Swara from breaking apart. Doctors told her that Sanskar may wake up anytime but it was not in their hands. Her Sanskar was in Coma, just like she used to be and if Swara woke up after months then she believed her Sanskar can return back to them as well.

"No beta, your father is sick and in the hospital. Once he got fine, he will come back to us " Swara answered back, Swara could see the little one's fear but she wasn't going to let Asha see Sanskar in his state, that will only terrify her.

"Don't I have parents anymore ?" Asha asked two weeks later, and Swara found herself reassuring the little girl. That Swara was right there for her and will be her parent. So Asha had taken to call Swara, mommy from the very next day. Swara knew the little one needed to rely on someone and realized Sanskar had been right when he asked to stay behind because Asha needed a parent in her life.

"Can I see daddy please ?" Asha asked her over a month later when Swara returned from the hospital. Swara found out that she can't deny the little one anymore, as she drove her to the hospital, the next day.

It was the day, Swara's hope rose that her Sanskar was recovering when he smiled and held her hand briefly but it had been ten days and her Sanskar was still in Coma. Each passing day, Swara was losing a little bit of hope. So when she stepped inside the hospital room today, she found herself pouring her heart out to him, hoping he would still be able to listen to her

"I got my memories back Sanskar, do you know that ?. I remembered everything, today was the day my parents died and I want to grieve for them. There were taken away too early because of an evil monster. I remember the sight of blood that greeted me when I walked into the house, I remember the fear when the bullet hit my chest but also part relief that I can be with my parents again. 

Do you know what I thought at that moment, when I was about to die, You. How I wish that I met you instead of running away from us. Now that I met you, and fallen in love with you all over again, I can't lose you Sanskar. Please don't let me grieve for you as well, I am not that strong Sanskar, " Swara spoke up as she continued to silently cry over all her loss. And when she wiped those tears away she found herself starring at her Sanskar awake and looking at her with concern.

For a moment, she feared she was hallucinating then he smiled at her as if understanding the look of disbelief on her face. He spoke up, the words were hoarse and not audible because his voice was weak. "Don't Cry Shona, I am fine". 

Those six words were not enough, Swara wanted to hear him speak for all the time he had been silent and left her wondering what happened to him. Their case was closed as everyone assumed without Sanskar's statement, that it was Abirami who killed herself and tried to kill Sanskar, so they can be together in death or something.

But Pradeep clued her in that the phone was found with Sanskar and if what Abirami's sibling's statements said was true about the phone, then it looked like Sanskar set the bomb to detonate. But Swara refused to believe Sanskar would risk his life for revenge. He had Asha waiting for him and no matter what, Swara refused to believe her Sanskar would intentionally risk making Asha lose her father.

But those answers can wait, while that night might be the end of Abirami and her life. It wasn't the end for them. Because her Sanskar was alive and they had a future together to look forward to, it won't be easy, recovering from his wounds will take time, the trauma will probably haunt them too but Swara knew together they can overcome anything. 

P.S: " The End, Not sure how it turned out to be honest. There is an Epilogue planned which I am hoping to post asap. Let see. Thank you once again for your patience that lasted this long with me and this book. Let me know your thoughts and feedbacks. Hit the votes if you liked it "

Juanita Reid

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 21.4K 57
Guy: see I will help you but you also have to do something for me. Girl got scared but say: what...? Guy: nothing much...you have to become my wife. ...
99.8K 5.1K 21
This SS is based on the last track of the hindi show Swaragini. It my attempt to rewrite the last track of the show to my whimsical end. When two peo...
29.2K 2.2K 23
A fourteen year old mystery is waiting to be unravelled. But there are some ghosts that should be left to rest undisturbed! Now, an accident threaten...
21.9K 879 13
This SS is based on the last track of the hindi show Swaragini. It my attempt to rewrite the last track of the show to my whimsical end. When two peo...