Hazardous

By fan_fic_forever

More

Chapter 1 Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn

Jaylynn

21 2 0
By fan_fic_forever

I don't know what came over me when I watched Luke walk in the other direction. Something inside me snapped. I felt the anger burning under my skin, as I glared at the back of Luke's head. Melody laid her arm on mine, but I just brushed it off and took off after the running Luke. The black haired guy didn't even look at me, or turn around.

"Would you stop being a jerk!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, as tears fell down my face. My team looked shocked as they stared at me, but I paid no attention.

"You think you can just keep running off, and no one is going to care! But of course we care!" I continued, still screaming. Luke kept walking, with his head low.

"Okay, you know what? I don't care anymore, I'm tired of babysitting you!" I pushed Luke, and ran back to my teammates. Melody tried to calm me down, as I collapsed in a heap at my feet, sobbing. My friend kneeled on the ground behind me, and cupped my face in her hands, "Hey, it's alright." She whispered, and kissed me on the forehead. I covered my face with my hands, and sobbed even more, as Melody rubbed my back.

"Dash, stop." I heard Melody say, and I opened my eyes. Dash had a look of pure hatred in his eyes, as he shouted at Luke,

"How dare you hurt her! Do you know how much Jaylynn's been through! Yeah, you probably don't even care!". I watched as Luke started sprinting away from us, and Dash shouted after him,

"Stay away from her, you here!". Dash stopped screaming when Luke was out of sight, and he turned to me, with kindness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He held out his hand, which I took and pulled myself up.

"I can't stand that guy anymore." Dash snarled, and pulled me in for a hug. I sobbed into his hair, and stared off into the distance. Luke was long gone.

The team was silent as we continued walking through the abandoned city. I thought back to our kiss, and hissed under my breath. Why did I ever have to fall in love with him. My hands balled into fists as I stared at the barren world around me. Mia walked up beside me, and squeezed my hand. I instantly warmed up upon looking at her face, and I loosened my fists. She was so young, so innocent. Melody came up on my other side, and clutched my other hand in hers.

"We'll get through this. We always have." She gave me a warm smile. I tried to smile back, "Oooh, look!" Cherise giggled in an attempt to cheer me up.

"What is that?" I blinked, looking at the large abandoned building ahead of me. It was in excellent shape, with no broken windows, and it looked almost too nice for the area we were in. I almost thought I was seeing things.

"It's a swimming pool!" Cherise did a little jump, and pointed to a swimming sign ahead.

"Oh." I blushed, and chuckled softly.

"Come on," She grabbed onto my hand, and pulled me toward the building. I laughed as the two of us ran towards us, until I heard Cherise scream, and I stopped in my tracks. Cherise and I met with the figure of a mutant only a few feet ahead of us. The pink haired girl shrieked, and brought her baseball bat down towards the creature. I watched in shock as the mutant dodged with a speed I'd never seen before. He landed on the ground not too far away, and I loaded my hand gun, and released the trigger. The mutant dodged once again, and I felt panic settling. What was with this mutant? Dash shot, but yet again the mutant dodged. "Stop, please." The creature heaved, and held up his hands in surrender. I blinked in confusion. "What?" Cherise stuttered out. The mutant raised his head, and looked straight at Cherise and I. My eyes widened in shock when I released I'd seen this mutant, or human, before. With the messy brown hair, light blue skin, and golden eyes. The person in the gas station. I kept my handgun aimed at his chest, as he walked closer to the group. The mutant moved the hair out of his eyes, and I realized he only had one. The left eye was sown shut.

"How-" Melody gasped,

"How can I talk?" The guy chuckled softly.

"The radiation didn't get to my brain like the others." He said, and studied the group.

"You're the guy that tried to kill me." I said hysterically, and took raspy breaths. The mutant nodded,

"Sorry. My best friend had just gotten killed, and I went crazy." He said, scratching his neck. I looked at the rest of my team-mates, then too seemed to be questioning whether to be sorry for him or not.

"What's your name?" Melody finally said.

"Jett." The guy waved slightly, and I realized he almost looked like he was winking.

"Can I join your group?" Jett asked Melody, a hopeful look in his eyes. Melody looked at the ground for a few seconds, and sighed,

"Alright.".

"Thanks." Jett grinned, showing us his sharp teeth. Cherise looked at me,

"Do you trust him?" I nodded,

"I have a feeling he's on our side. You never see mutants talk. Yes, they are can be extremely intelligent. But they can never control their hate for us." I explained.

"Hm." Cherise nodded slightly,

"I trust him then too.".

"Do you have a bathing suit?" The girl asked me, changing the subject.

"Yeah! What about you?" Cherise gave me a cheerful nod, and the two of us ran into the swimming pool with the others following behind. I walked into the girls change room, and started changing into my blue and white bikini. My mind started drifting off to Luke. I wondered if that idiot was okay, we shouldn't have left him. Oh well, I guess he'll have time to think about this. I let out a sigh as I pulled on my bathing suit, and then I walked with Melody to the swimming pool.

"I can't go swimming." She groaned pointing to her arm.

"You could stand in the water." I suggested,

"No thanks." Melody chuckled, and went to sit down in one of the beach chairs. I let my eyes wander around the swimming pool, and I spotted Nova across the pool. She was standing at the top of the diving board, taking deep breaths, and she stared at the deep water below. "Yeah Nova!" Cherise cheered, as she walked up beside me with Mia at her side. I smiled at the two,

"Come on." Mia and Cherise both grabbed my hands and pulled me toward the edge of the swimming pool. I watched them both as they dived into the water, and I dived in after them. The water felt so good as I went under the water, and used my hands to pull myself through it. It was so relaxing, and I smiled to myself, returning to the surface. A wave of water went over my head, covering me, and I growled, turning to it's owner. Jett was swimming not to far from me, snickering and sticking out his tongue.

"You are so dead." I growled, and used my feet to kick water right in his face.

"Aah! Stop it!" Jett laughed, as he held his hands up to protect himself. Cherise swam up beside me, and used her arm to send more water at Jett. The guy swam away as fast as he could, and Cherise and I started laughing.

"Woo!" I heard someone shout, and I rolled my eyes as Lev landed in the water ahead of me, and I dived under the water to avoid being hit by the wave.

"Where's Dash?" I blinked when I surfaced.

"With Mel." Lev pointed to Dash, who was sitting beside Melody. I smiled, and then grinned, splashing Lev in the face. Lev hissed at me, and splashed me back. I giggled, as Jett came up beside him.

"Team?" Jett asked Lev,

"Sounds good." the blonde haired guy nodded. I looked at Cherise and Mia, and the two grinned at me,

"Well, were a team too." Cherise smirked.

"Two against three, but I think we'll win. Since we are guys." Jett shrugged.

"Don't be so sure." I challenged. I dodged Lev's attempt to splash me, and laughed, splashing him back. He dodged too.

"Go team Jay!" Melody cheered from her chair.

"Go team Lev!" Dash playfully shoved Melody, who shoved him back. I broke out laughing when I watched Dash full from the force Melody used to push him.

"Ouch." Dash groaned, rubbing his back. A huge wave went over my head, and I groaned in defeat.

"No!" I growled, and pulled myself out of the water.

"Well, I'm out." I put my hands up, and got to my feet. Jett grinned at me, and then focused his attention back on the water fight.

I rolled my eyes, and walked over to Nova, who was sitting at the edge of the pool.

"Hi." I waved, and sat down beside her, putting my feet in the cool water.

"Is it alright if I ask something?" I tapped Nova's shoulder, she nodded,

"What did you see in the future?". The girl focused her attention on the aqua coloured water. "You." She whispered. Apprentice trotted up beside me, and sat at my feet. I petted my dog on the head, and continued to listen to Nova.

"You were crying." She said, a pained expression on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like