Jaylynn

"Luke!" I screamed, as the mutant slammed his body against a wall. I could only watch in horror as it stumbled on it's legs toward him, and raised it's clawed hand.
"Get away from him!" I screamed and shot at the mutant, the bullet embedding in it's deformed wrist. The mutant screeched at me, and ran full speed. I could hear my friends screaming at me to get out of the way. At the last second, I swiftly dodged, and landed quite a few feet away. The mutant huffed, and slammed it's large body into mine. I shrieked as I was thrown into a tree, and I noticed Dash and Melody running toward me, and the others ready to attack the mutant.

"I got this." I felt a sudden rage within me, as the others looked at me, shocked. I softly chuckled and then stared at the mutant with an intense and angry glare. A pain swept over me, but it was nowhere near as bad as before. I grinned at the mutant as my hands grew sharp daggers, and my teeth transformed. Kylen's group stared at me in shock, as I bolted toward the mutant. "Don't ever mess with me again." I hissed, and leaped in the air toward it. I quickly dodged the mutant as it swiped at me, and in return, clawed it's side. The mutant shrieked in pain as blood pooled out of it's side, and I darted around to the other side, and drew another large wound. The ugly creature flung around to face me, but I was already gone. I swiftly landed on the creature's back, and drew both guns, shooting it right in the back of the head. The creature flopped to the ground, and I leaped off it, and slowly felt the energy draining. I wobbled on my weak legs, and tried my best to stay strong. Lev and Dash sprinted toward me, and put each of my arms of their shoulders.

"Thanks." I smiled, and the two smiled before gently placing me on the ground. "Wait, what about-"

"The mutants are gone, for now." Dash looked around.

"Okay." I said, as my body transformed back. After, I strangely didn't feel faint, and I pulled myself to my feet. Lev and Dash were right at my side, but I brushed them off, and said I was fine.

"That was," Hunter came up, and I could tell he looked speechless,

"Awesome!" Kayleigh and Kylen smiled. Although, through their smiles I could sense their sadness about Fiona. I smiled back, and rubbed my neck,

"Thanks."

"And also, how come you and Cherise don't wear gas masks?" Kylen asked, and I shrugged,

"It's a long story." I waved them off, and ran to Luke's side to see Nova and Jett already there.

"Is he okay?" I asked, my breathing ragged as I knelt beside him. Nova nodded,

"He's just unconscious, and probably suffered a concussion. Luke should be fine, though." My breathing calmed, as I picked his upper body up and placed it on my lap.

"We found shelter!" Melody, Cherise and Mia came running toward the group.

"Where?" Dash asked, as Apprentice trotted up beside him.

"Another abandoned hotel." Cherise explained.

---

The eleven of us headed into the hotel, and I constantly kept looking toward Lev, who was carrying Luke. I prayed Luke would be okay.

"Jaylynn, you and Luke could stay in this room." Kayleigh suggested, and showed me the small room with one bed. It wasn't that worn down, and I nodded in agreement. Lev followed me into the room, and placed Luke down on the bed. When he left, I sighed and walked over to the bed.

"Oh Luke, why are you always getting injured on me." I chuckled, and placed my hand on his cheek.

Hours past of collecting food with the group, and watching Luke. He still hadn't woken, or moved, which was starting to worry me.
I wandered back into the room after collecting some food for Luke and I. He still wasn't awake, so I decided to take a quick shower. After a quick shower I just decided to crawl into bed beside Luke it just a t-shirt and my underwear. I gave Luke some room, and drew the covers over my body. I couldn't sleep though. Most of the night, I was awake worrying about Luke. The times when I managed to fall asleep, I'd always get horrible flashbacks of what happened to Fiona. I rubbed my eyes, and turned to look out the window, and noticed it was still dark out. A sigh escaped my lips, as I snuggled deeper under the covers and finally fell into a deep sleep.

---

"You're awake." I yawned and leaned on my elbow, as I watched Luke open his eyes. He stared at me for a few seconds, and then leaped out of bed.

"Who, who are you." He breathed heavily, as he backed away. I blinked in confusion, and wondered if it was just a temporary effect of the concussion.

"Luke, it's me. Your girlfriend, Jaylynn." I said, he examined me, but shook his head,

"I have no idea who you are." I felt tears burning my vision,

"Luke, you don't remember me?" My heart seemed to smash into pieces as I looked at the confused Luke. I dragged myself out of bed and watched Luke blush as he stared at me.

"No, get away from me." He hissed, and bolted out the door. I watched him leave, and tried to stay calm.

"It's just a temporary effect, it'll go away soon." I told myself, but I somehow felt like I was wrong.