Jaylynn

I stared at Nova, and tried to contain the fear in my eyes. She said nothing,
"I'm sure it's nothing too horrible." I said. I was mainly trying to calm myself, as I took deep breaths. Nova looked at me, "And there was something else. A boy." She whispered. I blinked in confusion, and searched around the room. In the window, I almost thought I saw Luke. I must have been seeing things. My eyes moved back to look at my team. They looked so happy, and I sighed, praying the future would be kind. Melody got up from her seat, and walked towards me. "Are you okay." She asked, touching me lightly. I didn't respond. "Is it Luke?" I slightly nodded, "I can't believe I loved him." The tears fell. Melody pulled me in for a tight hug, "You saw the good in him, like you always have." She smiled lightly. "I shouldn't have said what I did." I whispered. My best friend hugged me tighter, "He deserved the truth.". Dash growled, "That jerk shouldn't treat you like that.". He got to his feet, but Melody grabbed his arm. "It's not worth it, Dash. He'll figure himself out. He just needs some time.". I gazed at the tiles in the ground, and buried my face in my hands. "I need some fresh air." I said, and went back into the change rooms. I quickly changed and walked out into the cold air, paying more attention to my surroundings.

Luke came back into my head, and I didn't know wether do be angry or sad. "Luke, be careful." I said, looking up at the sky. Apprentice barked and went up beside me. "What's up buddy?" I looked at my dog, who continued barking. Apprentice than ran towards a large building, and I jogged after him. The fear boiled in my stomach as I walked down the dark street ahead of me. "Apprentice?" I took my handguns out my pocket, while looking around cautiously. A yip made me turn cold. "Oh my god." I sprinted towards the sound, turning abruptly around the corner. My dog was laying helplessly on the ground, with a mutant holding it's long claws up to strike. "Apprentice!" I screeched, and held out my hand. The mutant hissed at me, and brought down its hand. "No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, and shot at the mutant. But I missed. It was all just a blur as someone came up behind the mutant. The person sunk their teeth into the creature's neck, and it fell dead on the ground. I looked to see Jett staring at me. "Hey." He grinned at me.
"Thank you." I smiled, and wrapped my arms around Jett. Apprentice let out another yip, and I looked at him. He had a long cut on his side, and I ran my hands over his fur. "It's alright Apprentice. We'll get this all fixed up." I smiled, and picked up my heavy dog. Jett walked up to help me carry Apprentice back to camp. I still couldn't help worrying about what Nova told me though.