Luke

"Luke!"
His voice echoed in my ears, and I trembled.
I stared at the ceiling, while I was tortured by my own thoughts and memories.
"You're not a mutant Luke.. You're just special." A gentle voice spoke to me, and for a moment, I thought they were actually there.
But when I looked around, I only saw what I did before. Everyone in a peaceful slumber.
I bit hard into my sleeve, to drown out my sob. But Jaylynn's dog heard me, and rose it's head.
The walls of the room suddenly felt too close, and I grabbed my gun from under my pillow, and carefully walked outside quietly.
I looked around. The camp seemed much brighter than it should be.
There was no moon. No stars either.
It's supposed to be pitch black out.
I rose my head slightly, and rested a hand against my gas mask.
Of course. My eyes are my own flashlight.
"I still love you Luke. I promise!" I heard that voice again, and I felt weak in my legs.
I wanted to scream, cry, pull out my hair. Do ANYTHING. But I remained still.
I kept my emotions hidden like always, and walked forward slowly. I walked to the bathrooms, and stared at a very dirty mirror. I gulped, when I could see my own eyes glowing through the lenses on my gas mask. I backed up, until I reached the wall, and leaned against it. Nothing made sense.
Why was I abandoned? Why did they hate me?
Why did they call me names?
I gripped my hair hard, and sighed.
"I'm acting like a teenage girl." I grumbled to myself.
"Luke.. Please don't go. I'm sure they didn't mean it!" The gentle, yet cheerful voice was painful to listen to.
She was always right. Always happy. And always there for me.
I slid to the ground, and felt my head begin to hurt as I thought about her.
She wanted to help me. She wanted to make me happy. She didn't fail at first..
"Luke?" A familiar voice spoke out, and I immediately rose my head to see Jaylynn standing there.
I suddenly realized something. Jaylynn is so much like her. So happy. So carefree.
I stood up, and took a step towards her, but I froze.
Jaylynn's hair was glowing. It was a bright green. A beautiful green.
"Your eyes?" She asked quizically, and I hissed slightly, and rushed past her. I completely forgot about my eyes.
"Luke!" She called softly after me but I was already speed walking to the entrance of the camp.
"Where are you going?" She demanded. I paused, and glanced back at her. I didn't respond.
"Out?" She asked. I looked away, and slowly nodded.
"Please come back safe?" She whispered. It was hard to hear. But I still heard her. I nodded, and walked out into the shadowed city. Only seeing my own feet walk in front of each other because of my eyes.