SOS/Book 2/The Prison

By fleurwrites_

This is the second book of the SOS series, this time we are carrying on in the Prison. There will be new char... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 33

18 0 1
By fleurwrites_

Hey, by the way Pete is a new character, and I just thought I'd show you all what he looks like:

He doesn't really play a big part or come up a lot, but oh well.
Thank you and read on!

Nobody's point of view
"We're ready to leave sir, the trucks are packed, Pete is driving the tank,"
"Well done Martinez, we'll leave now then." The Governor said staring into the distance, "You think we are going to win?"
"I-" Martinez hesitated, "Yeah."
"Your hesitation tells me otherwise, what are we doing wrong?"
"Just general training and organisation I guess... Milton would be a help if he was here."
"Do not speak his name,"
"Yes sir,"
Martinez fiddled with his cap awkwardly.
"So what if we die? We mean nothing anyways. Eventually we will be one of them," the Governor pointed to a staggering walker in the distance, "Might as well live in the moment."
"Of course sir, thank you sir."
Martinez walked away and got into his truck, in the back were a bunch of other guards.

And in about twenty minutes the Governor was in his too, and they were on the road to the Prison.

Meanwhile at the Prison
In the end Carol decided to make Michonne and Sasha outfits too. All the girls had to put on a real show.
Michonnes outfit:

Sashas outfit:

(Also comment who's outfit you like the most because they are all so cool)

"Carl be safe," Rick whispered hugging his son tightly,
"I will dad, I will,"
"Carl I don't know what I would do if you died, I want you to know that you, along with Judith, mean the world to me,"
"You mean the world to me too dad,"
"Along with Judith and of course Fleur, am I right?"
"Very right,"
"Fleur is your world, I can tell by the way you look at her. Its how I used to look at your mother."
Rick looked at the ground and it was like he was going to cry, but he pushed it away.
"And if anything happens to me, you look after the group son, you raise Judith and you make me proud."
Carl wiped away a tear,
"Of course dad,"
There was a small moment of silence as they straightened themselves back up and stopped crying,
"Ill see you after."

Katelyns point of view
It hadn't been a good week, I'd lost Pedro and now I had to recover ever so quickly to win this war.
It hurt that there wasn't time for mourning, or a proper funeral, because I felt like he deserved that. Even being the stubborn, simple-minded person he was.
I missed him, but I didn't miss the ever-lasting fights between him and Tom. It felt like now Tom was at peace, and that was good.

Me, Tom, Fleur, Carl, Isla, Andy and baby Judith all spent the night before together- incase it would be our last.
Everyone seemed to think I was thinking so negatively, but I thought I was just being realistic.
Even Rick said it- someone was probably going to die.

At 6 am everyone gathered in the front field to say final goodbyes and what not.
Carl and Fleur started snogging like there was no tomorrow and Andy and Isla, while Tom just gave me a hug.
I could tell he was scared, and I decided to keep my negative/realistic thoughts to myself around him.

"Stay by my side, we will fight together, I don't want to loose sight of you," Tom whispered in my ear,
"But Rick said we would fight better split up-"
"He doesn't need to know, and plus I heard that Carl and Fleur were doing it anyways,"
"What about Andy and Isla?"
"They aren't, they are following Ricks instructions. But it doesn't matter, I don't want to loose you okay?"
I paused before finally nodding,
"Yeah, okay."

Everyone formed a circle and Rick went to stand in the middle. He pulled out a piece of paper that I thought might be a speech, but he reevaluated and stuffed it back in.
Everyone went silent as soon as his mouth opened,
"As you are all aware, today is a huge day. A huge day for history, for us, for Woodbury," he cleared his throat, "We have lost so many people along the way, people we loved dearly, people who should be remembered for their sacrifices and contributions.
Maggie and Fleurs mother, Katelyn's parents wherever their souls may be, Islas parents too. Sophia, Shane, Dale,"
Rick started tearing up at the mention of all their names,
"My beautiful wife Lori, Andrea, and Milton who we did hardly know- but he helped us out and guided us."

Everyone sniffled in tears including me, these people were family, and to think we could loose more family was enough to make me sick.
"We will fight our hearts out today, in memory of those we lost, and in preparation for our future,"
Everyone cheered,
"People will thank us, because we will be known for restarting this world, in the best and most genuine way."
There were deafening cries and cheers from the group as Rick rubbed his eyes and joined us all.
He gave everyone a hug and then came over to me.
"Your strong, don't let him weaken you."

I will never forget those words that left his mouth as he pulled away from the hug and walked away to grab his weapon.
It left me questioning, what did he mean? Who was weakening me?
The Governor?
Martinez?
The walkers?
But although these options would all make sense, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was deeper.
I felt like he meant Pedro, or the loss if him perhaps.

I had to admit, it had weakened me, the days after he died I hadn't been the same.
And of course, that had to stop, because now I was in a life or death situation.

Maggies point of view
"I love you Glenn," I cried into his shoulder, then I kissed him multiple times all over the face. Through his sobbing he chuckled at me,
"I love you too."
I finally shook away from his grasp and gave him one final, meaningful kiss. Then I went to find my sister.
"Fleur," I said, running up to her and pulling her into my arms.

She started crying the minute I touched her,
"It'll be fine, we'll be fine," I reassured myself and her, but I sounded like an idiot because I clearly wasn't fine.
"Don't leave me Maggie, please be safe," she said wiping her eyes,
"I will, but you be safe too! I love you," I gave her a final kiss on the forehead and realised that I really had to be quick because the Governor could arrive any second.
"Lets go and say goodbye to daddy," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her with me.

"Girls," our dad said pulling us both into his arms, he gave us kisses and sighed looking us up and down.
"You've grown," he said, half laughing,
"Yeah dad, you only just realised?" I laughed at him too,
"Well no, but oh, it feels like you were just this big yesterday," he put his hands out showing the size of a baby.
"Yeah, no, its been sixteen years," Fleur chuckled.

When he let us go we waved at him walking away.
I was scared shitless.

Sasha's point of view
"Keep me updated Tyrese," I ordered, "Make sure you constantly come over to me so I know you're still alive okay?" I grabbed his face to make him look me in the eyes, "OKAY?"
"Yes Sasha, okay, okay," he pushed me away, "I'm the same age as you ya know, I'm not five?"
"Yeah well sometimes you act like it, " I joked, giving him a quick smooch that he wiped away.

Once we were separated I walked over to Michonne who's outfit was smoking hot,
"Looking good girlie," I said hugging her, "I know you'll do amazing in the fight, but just incase..."
I grabbed her wrist and tied a small friendship bracelet around it tight, I had made it from threads of our old jumpers.
"Oh Sasha its beautiful, ill take good care of it," she said with a smile.

I wasn't that scared for the war surprisingly, because I had the strong feeling that we were going to win just like most people.
But I was terrified, however, incase one of our friends wound up dead.

Me and Tyrese had only joined the group about a month ago, but there was a definite strong connection, we fitted right in.
I was going to do whatever I could to protect these people, seeing how generous they had been.

Nobodys point of view
Once everyone in the group had all their ammo, weapons and everything they needed, they all lined up in their positions in the front field- about ten meters away from each other.

They waited outside in the blistering sun for about an hour, before they knew they had to take a break.
They separated from their places and gathered to gulp down their drinks and talk,
"The Governor obviously isn't coming early," Rick said glancing at his watch, "Its almost 1:00."
"Maybe he's attacking at sun down? In the dark?"
Isla suggested,
"That would just make it harder for us and him," Rick sighed, "I don't think he would do that, we should get back to positions and wait out the rest of the day."

The Governors point of view
"We almost there?" I asked Martinez in the back seat of my truck,
"We are sir, I estimate another 20 minutes at the most."
I nodded and tilted my head back to the road.
It was currently 2:00, hopefully the people at the Prison were getting restless and impatient.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins, I was so excited. The thought of going in there and claiming what should be ours was just so amazing to me.
And we were going to win, I was positive of it.

Although I shouldn't've been.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 138 42
What they once had was gone. The prison fell and everyone was separated. Devin got out with Daryl and Beth and in her mind she can't help but think t...
120K 1.8K 18
THIS IS A PART 2 TO MY DARYL FREAKING DIXON STORIES! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS, COMMENTS, AND VOTES! I LOVE YOU, MY CUPPYCAKES!! This book is ju...
66.1K 2.1K 95
𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃...
699 79 18
** SECOND BOOK TO LOVERS AND ENEMIES ** Years later, the community move on to better things and new challenges, but will their new missions be too mu...