A SON'S RESTITUTION

By sakuralou2689

Carol Danvers-Montmartre/Captain Marvel faced controversies, deaths, and accusations which she couldn't handl... More

BOOK I: Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
BOOK II: Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

BOOK III: Chapter 33

73 1 0
By sakuralou2689

(Paris, France: 6:00 PM)

Carol Danvers-Montmartre busily attended her three month old son for the whole day as her husband was out to work. Focusing on Little Amnon's needs, she asked a fellow mutant Rahne Sinclair in helping her out to do the household chores. Ethan and Tier were volunteering to cook lunch and prepare snacks for their mother and closest friend who was a three month-old mother. Carol was also pleased to see the two boys helping her out.

It was already evening when the half-Kree lady spent checking for her son's milk. Rahne played and tickled the little blonde boy, making him smile and laugh. Carol looked at her son and friend as she felt pleased and kept listening at them, preparing dinner at the kitchen.

" Who's that adorable and handsome lad? " the ginger-haired lady sweetly asked and gently poked the boy's abdomen when Little Amnon kept laughing and smiling at her. " It's you, of course! You really look like your mummy and daddy! "

Little Amnon happily cooed at his mutant aunt who seemed to be responding at her. Rahne carried the boy from the crib and heard his tiny growling stomach. The little boy was about to moan when they all heard a knock from the door.

" Carol, I think your husband is here, " she reminded.

" Thanks, Rahne. I'll get it, " Carol nodded, instantly rushed to the door, and opened it.

Meir or Methu-Selah stood on the doorway and carried some bags of groceries, kissing his wife. Rahne and Amnon watched them. The little boy was cooing and calling his parents' attention.

" I'm home, my Starling, " the Kree Eternal sweetly whispered his wife's ears.

" Well, how's work at the restaurant? " the blonde Kree-hybrid lady smiled and asked.

" As usual, both tiring and fulfilling, " he answered and looked at the other two. " I'm glad Rahne was able to help you while I was away. "

" She and her sons made lunch for us as we ate together. "

" That's good. At least, I have to repay them later on. "

Rahne turned to the couple, brought the little boy to them, and said, " Amnon is waiting and calling you both. He's hungry. "

" Oh, right, " Methu-Selah instantly carried his son and sat down on the leather couch, comfortably leaning his back for his relaxation. Little Amnon turned to his father and cooed at him. The Kree Eternal gently kissed the three month old lad's forehead and said, " Daddy's here now, Amnon. Your mommy is getting your bottle of milk. "

Carol took out a bottle from the refrigerator and gave it to her husband. Methu-Selah carefully placed the rubber tip into his son's mouth when Amnon began sucking and ingesting a sweet white liquid from the bottle.

" There, you go, " she said. " He's really hungry. "

" Indeed, he is, " her husband replied and kept feeding the baby.

" You guys are all settled. I guess I need to go now, " Rahne called and greeted.

" Oh, wait, " Carol paused and took her purse, giving her friend some cash.

" Carol, you don't have to..." Rahne wryly grinned. " I'm happy to do it for..."

" Rahne, you have been very helpful to us. Please take it as a gift. "

Rahne smiled and accepted as she was pleased for the couple's generosity. She looked at them and sighed, when she politely replied, " How very thoughtful of you, I would like to thank you. "

" You're welcome. "

" I shall see you again. If you need our help, we're just one knock a way. "

" Sure, thanks. "

" You're welcome! Bye! "

Carol gently closed the door and turned to her husband and son. She was ready to have a chat on the couch before dinner would be set.

(EIGHT YEARS LATER: WASHINGTON DC, USA, 10:00 AM)

Looking at the tourist bus window, Amnon widened his eyes to see the White House from a distance. He was so amazed that he has never seen anything from America. He spent most of his childhood in France. All these famous sights that he had read or seen, he was seeing them physically for the first time. His parents understood him, since they had sent him into an American school in Paris to study grade school. This time, his family were on a vacation trip on his birthday.

" Wow, this is so cool! " the blonde boy happily beamed. " I have never seen the Capitol so close! I wanna see! I wanna see! "

" Son, we're about to go there later on, " Methu-Selah reminded.

" Kid, everybody's watching you, " Carol added. " You'd better behave before someone will kick us out of the bus. "

" Right..." Amnon shyly smiled and felt embarrassed when the tourists stared at him. " Sorry..."

His parents gently rubbed his back as Amnon sighed. They secretly read his mind and understood of his fondness and excitement to see more places in America. He looked at his parents and remained silent to behave himself.

Carol eyed on the streets as she remembered more than a decade ago. It was her duel with Tony Stark and making him almost dead. That time, she was about to arrest the young Spider-Man or Miles Morales, but Steve Rogers had prevented her to do it. That skirmish memory had made her sulk into her deep depression.

" Mom! Mom! Hello...Mom!! " a familiar young male voice loudly rang into her ears. The half-Kree woman instantly turned her attention to her son and husband who stared at her.

" Oh, sorry, Amnon! " she chuckled and wryly grinned. " I was just seeing the view just like you. "

" This is mission control to Mrs. Montmartre, " Amnon seriously spoke in a deep voice. " The shuttle has landed into the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History! We'll be docking in T-Minus 500 seconds! "

The Kree Eternal snickered and gently rubbed his son's wavy golden locks, " Good job, there! Son! "

" Dad, I'm not a dog! " he chuckled and felt more embarrassed at his father's act. " Please stop messing my hair! "

" Let it slide, Kid, " his mother laughed. " Thanks for that wonderful announcement! " Then, she saw the tour guide aided the tourists to leave the bus, " Well, we'd better get going. "

Entering the museum building, Amnon kept his head moving to and fro to his amazement. He saw such incredible displays of animals and their replicas as he was about to lose track of his parents and the other tourists. The young Kree hybrid boy eyed on the bones of the Tyrannosaurus Rex on the other side of the museum and kept walking. Suddenly, he was being pulled and grabbed by his left arm. Amnon slowly turned his head and saw his father who was sternly glaring at him. His mother was also crossing her both arms.

" Vous ne savez pas que vous avez quitté le groupe. Votre mère et moi craignons que vous ne vous perdiez. (You're not aware that you have left the group. Your mother and I are worried that you might get lost.) " Methu-Selah strictly warned his son in French.

" Dad, je veux voir ce T-Rex là-bas! (Dad, I wanna see that T-Rex over there!) "  Amnon reasoned and pointed at the dinosaur fossil from a distance.

The Kree Eternal heavily sighed and replied to his son in English, " Amnon, we need to follow what the tour guide has set. We just can't let her disobey the scheduled trip and activities in this museum. "

" Your father's right, Kid, " Carol added and looked at the other tourists. " They're waiting for us now. We can't leave them in a delay.  We'll be reaching that T-Rex later on. "

Amnon heard his parents and heavily sighed, like he had no choice, but to follow the tour iterinary. He came along with the group. The lady tour guide sighed in relief and smiled as she said, " Oh, they're all here! Good! Now, our headcount's complete! Let's begin! "

The Montmartre family along with tourists roamed around the museum. Amnon curiously looked at each animal display and intently read every description, asking questions to his parents. They answered every query he had. As they kept walking and eyeing at the displays, Amnon curiously looked at the giant blue whale replica and felt flabbergasted to see its enormous size.

His mother turned to him and asked, " Never seen a whale that huge? "

" I've never seen anything like it before! " her son commented in awe. " I thought the T-Rex is the largest animal that ever lived in the world! "

" You will see that real blue whale in the ocean, " Carol said. " But what we're seeing here is a replica of the real one. "

" What's a replica? " Amnon curiously repeated the word and asked.

" Mind if I answer that question from this young gentleman? " the Kree Eternal politely asked.

" You may, my dear, " his wife smiled.

" It's a copy of the real animal, except it's made of wood, plastic, rubber, or steel. "

" Oh, okay, " Amnon nodded and understood. " Thanks, Dad."

" You're welcome, Son. "

Reaching the point where Amnon looked at the dinosaur fossil, Everyone took their pictures after the tour guide finished explaining. The young Kree-hybrid boy stood beside it when his father held his camera to take a photo of his son. The camera flashed in a matter of seconds when Methu-Selah saw the boy made his grin beside the deceased T-Rex. Carol also looked at it and signalled him to do one more picture. Amnon remained standing beside the display when the camera flashed for the second time.

" Mom, Dad! Why don't we all take picture with the T-Rex! " he happily suggested. " It will be so cool! "

" Oh, great idea, Amnon! " the Kree Eternal smiled and nodded.

" Well, it seems our Dinosaur enthusiast wants us to have a family picture, " his wife turned to her spouse.

" This is perfect time to do that for his eighth birthday as it brings wonderful memories for the rest of us. "

" Agreed, " she kissed her husband's cheeks.

The ancient Kree positioned his camera and set his family and the dinosaur in the picture. Amnon was widely grinning as his parents were smiling when the camera took a bright shot. Finally, they made their family picture inside the museum. As the young Kree Eternal hybrid kept imitating the T-Rex by growling and making a ferocious stance, the other children from the tourists played along with him. Methu-Selah and Carol held their hands together and watched their son enjoying at the dinosaur display and playing with the tourists.

The Kree Eternal widened his eyes in shock and used his Cosmic Awareness, sensing such trouble outside from the museum, however it was coming. Carol looked at her spouse with concern and tightly held his right hand.

" Methie? " she called his attention.

" Carol, I understood you have sensed it too, " he seriously replied. " We have to get our son away from any trouble. "

" Right, I get what you mean. We're letting the authorities do their jobs. "

They both grabbed the boy away from anyone else. Amnon got interrupted and gave his parents a baffled look. He couldn't comprehend what was going on.

" Mom, Dad?! Why?! " he loudly cried. " We're not even done yet! "

" Kid, we'd better go back to the hotel, " his mother said.  " We're not gonna wait for the tour guide or anyone return into the bus. "

" Hotel?! What?! I don't understand!! "

" Carol, Amnon! Heads down! " the Kree Eternal loudly cried.

Suddenly, there was a barrage of bullets that ricocheted around the place. The Montmartre family placed themselves down as the other tourists were panicking and fleeing. The lady tour guide reminded to calm down, but some of the museum security were being shot to death. The others were still using their firearms and kept shooting at the terrorists dressed in heavy dark clothes and masks.

Methu-Selah and his wife were supposed to defend everybody in the museum, however they thought of their son's safety as a priority. In the midst of the skirmish on his birthday, Amnon couldn't reckon what situation was he in. He was too young to witness and experience such terror attack that was happening. His happiness was replaced with an extreme fear when he heard loud echoes of people and triggering of bullets all over the place. The boy was clutching and clinging to his parents, closing his eyes as he never wanted to hear or see such peril.

They all heard from the terrorists that this museum will be exploded very soon. One of them was about to throw a grenade, but he was being hindered when a star spangled shield from nowhere. The terrorizer instantly fell down. Then, a man and a group of policemen came to wage war against the introducers. At first, the man began negotiating with the terrorists and warned to let the people go. One of them were taunting and responding as they decided to give more time for their bloodshed.

Upon hearing that conversation, Methu-Selah and Carol shared glances and thought of something to stay out of trouble. Then, they looked at their son who was still afraid to see everything.

" Methie, I know this is bothering for all of us, " she lowly spoke to her spouse. " Look, I don't want to revive my Captain Marvel exploits.  Everyone will hate me if I do it again. We have a child here and we should get out of here as soon as we can. "

" Carol, if this would escalate any further, we have no choice, but to defend anyone here, " he replied.

" For what? Thirteen years ago, I made a horrible mistake here. I have never told our son about it. I just don't want to do that anymore, Methie. My superheroine days were over. I am still grounded to be a mother and an ordinary citizen. "

" Right..."

" Hey, who's talking there?! " a male voice overheard the couple's conversation. " I thought we killed a lot of people here! "

" Boss, we found them! " his subordinate yelled and signalled his companions to bring the family to the terrorist group.

Methu-Selah, Carol, and Amnon were terrified as they found themselves surrounded with armed men. They pointed their weapons at the three. The boy was still clinging to his parents and weeping in tremendous fear to see more people lying down on the pool of blood.

" Excellent! We'll set up a hostage and dare the cops and that fake Captain America to spare them! Let's see if they could see this family alive or never! "

Carol controlled her photon energy on her both hands from emitting and still holding her son as she angrily asked, " Why are you doing these?! Don't you even realize there are kids here?! "

" My, my, my, it's the former Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers- Montmartre, " the head of the terrorist group evilly laughed. " It's long time no see! We have been waiting for your return here in America or should I say your instant demise! We'll let yet your dear husband and kid to wail over your dead body! "

" Do I even know you?! "

" I'm not fond of introducing myself! " the masked terrorist pointed his gun on Carol's head as the others grabbed Methu-Selah and his son away from her.

" Let her go! " the Kree Eternal sharply yelled.

" Mom! " Amnon loudly cried.

" Any last words for them, Mrs. Montmartre? " the terrorist taunted the half-Kree woman and readied himself to pull the trigger.

Carol remained speechless and looked at her husband and son with concern. Her both hands were sparking with golden yellow light which she couldn't control. Carol never wanted to return as an Avenger. She was struggling to do so, but she decided to face her fate instead.

" Struggling to fight back?! Then, prepare to die infront of your family! "

The supposed execution when a gunshot hindered them.  Carol instantly rushed to her family and placed themselves on the ground. There were more exchange of bullets and more bashing of heads and bodies. The Montmartre family waited for the terror to end which it took minutes to hours. Moments later, the survivors of the Smithsonian Museum terror left the scene. Methu-Selah, Carol, and Amnon remained speechless of what had transpired. For the birthday celebrant, he never expected it to happen.

Just then, a dark suited blonde man with red and white stripes held his star spangled shield and spent talking with the media personnel along with the other authorities. Amnon and his parents turned their attention to him. The soldier gave them a snarky smile and called out the press to feature the family.

" Ah, there they are! " he exclaimed. " The Montmartre family! I'm so glad you were all safe from that sudden terror crisis! "

" Thank you so much, sir, " the Kree Eternal sternly spoke as he placed his arms on his wife and son. " We'd rather not be exposed. Please give us some privacy. "

" Give you some privacy?! " the man repeated the words and scoffed. " Don't you even know who I am?! I am John Walker aka US Agent, but I am still the true Captain America in the public eye! You guys should be thankful for me in sparing you! "

" I'm sorry, John. My family has nothing to do with you, " Carol seriously added. " We are on a vacation here and celebrating our son's eighth birthday. Then, something came up! Please give us some space here! This day has been too much for us! "

" I'm so sorry, Mrs. Montmartre, " Walker answered. " It seems this crisis situation has ruined your family trip. Not to mention, you have given up your life as Captain Marvel in exchange of marriage and motherhood! "

" You never understood what I have been through! You're just here for some damn publicity! "

" Oh, yes. I truly understood, " he grinned.

" Mr. Walker, thank you for your efforts, " Methu-Selah calmly spoke and warned. " But please don't you ever sensationalize my wife in public. She has been humiliated for the rest of her life. If you want to talk with us, then we'll do it privately. No people from the media. "

" If you say so, maybe later. I'm busy, right now, Mr. Montmartre," Walker grinned and shrugged. Then, he turned to Amnon, " Well, Kid. I'm sorry for putting your parents in anger. Perhaps, there's something I can make up to celebrate your birthday, I'll give it a nice shot. "

Amnon heard the man's words and intently looked at him, before he could speak. Then, he turned to his parents and felt sorry for them. He was very disappointed at the situation and to the proudful hero.

" I don't know, Mr. Walker..." Amnon answered with a hint of uncertainty. " We'd really need to go..."

" I'll try to meet you later, Kid. I'll be extra nice to you and your parents. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 2.5K 25
Behind every failed plan is another one that's just as killer... With Project Insight foiled by SHIELD, Hydra are plotting the biggest takeover yet...
220K 5.4K 40
Book One in the Lies Series {Avengers Fan fiction} Keight comes from a troubled past but that doesn't stop her from fitting into her fancy art school...
555K 12.5K 133
Chloe always knew that her mom was somewhere out there in the world. But being hydras experiment toy, she never actually thought that she would ever...
537 1 69
Book 1 Your world was your world. Anything exciting happened in books and movies. Magic, monsters and gods didn't exist, they were the stuff of legen...