SOS/Book 2/The Prison

By fleurwrites_

This is the second book of the SOS series, this time we are carrying on in the Prison. There will be new char... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 17

20 0 0
By fleurwrites_

Nobody's point of view
One by one the three cars pulled up to the prison. Andrea was in awe.
"You cleared this whole place out?" she asked,
"Bit by bit- yeah," Rick smiled.

"It's not perfect, but it's sanctuary," Fleur said walking up to the gate, "And a prefect place to raise little Judy."
Andrea swung her backpack onto her back a took a quick sip of water.
"I guess I'll just have to check this so called sanctuary out then,"
Rick opened the gate wide for her and let her walk straight through.

She was immediately drawn to the garden that Carl, Fleur and Rick had made full of fruits and vegetables.
"This is amazing," she said, "So your eating well then I'm guessing?"
"Very well." Carol said, coming out from behind a pillar holding Judith,

"So this is the little miracle," Andrea smiled, looking into the baby's eyes,
Carol handed Judith to Rick and gave Andrea a big squeeze.
"Oh how much we've got to catch up on," Carol smiled, brushing the hair from Andreas face.

"How are you feeling?" Andrea asked Carol and it's quite obvious that she was referring to Sophia.
"I miss her," she sighed, "Every hour of every day. But she would've wanted me to carry on you know?"
Andrea nodded with a smile,
"She was a good kid."

"What about you thought?" Carol asked, "Dale... he died because he thought you were dead."
Andrea looked at the grass,
"Am I a horrible, terrible person if I admit something?"
"No... what?"
"I'm actually not too sad that Dale is gone."
Carol looked at Andrea in confusion,
"What?!"
"He just- he always underestimated me. And I find it kinda ironic that when I wanted to commit suicide when my sister died he didn't let me- but when he thought I was dead it was okay."
"I understand," Carol nodded, "That should've been your choice."

Flashback/Andreas sisters death
"Amy?!" Andrea ran towards her sister as she fell to the ground, "Amy stay with me!! Stay with me!!"
Amy clutched the deep bite mark on her chest while staring into her sisters eyes.

"I love you Andrea," she smiled calmly, not showing any signs of pain or fear, "You'll survive love, you'll survive."

Amy was loosing blood rapidly and because of this she would turn into a walker very soon.
Andrea knew she had seconds.
So she took the birthday gift out her pocket and unwrapped it in front of her sister,

"I thought you'd like to still have a gift on your birthday," Andrea said through tears. She pulled the necklace out of the tissue paper and wrapped it around her sisters neck carefully.

"I love it," Amy breathed, closing her eyes.
"Amy not now not now!!!" Andrea buried her face into her t-shirt, "Not now."
Amy forced a last smile for her sister and took her final breath of air.

"Amy?!" Andrea shook her sisters lifeless body, "Amy wake up!!!"
The rest of the group stared at the saddening sight.

"Do you think she'll do it?" Daryl asked Rick,
"Do what?"
"Shoot her sister- it has to be done. Otherwise she will turn."
"I don't know," Rick sighed, "Go give her a gun and tell her it's what she needs to do."

Daryl took the pistol from his pocket and slowly made his way over to Andrea,
"You know what you gotta do." he said, handing her the gun to which she nodded,
"I know."

Seconds later a gunshot rang through the hills- marking the death of Amy.

Three days after Amy's death
"You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do with my life!" Andrea shouted at Dale, "My sister was the last thing I had left- I don't want to live without her."
Dale took the knife and gun from Andreas hands aggressively,
"What about me? What about me!" Dale said clearly hurt,
"Dale I love you, your a great friend and you've been there for me but you don't understand- I am not capable of surviving without my sister."
Dale rolled his eyes,
"Bullshit," he spat, "Andrea what if I can't live without you."
Andrea broke eye contact casting her eyes downward,
"Promise me you won't do it," Dale said, throwing the weapons into the river, "Promise me you won't kill yourself."

Andrea didn't answer but she nodded.

Nobody's point of view/back at the prison
"What Dale did was wrong," Carol said, "But I'm happy that you are still here with us."
"Me too," Andrea smiled.

Islas point of view
Me and Katelyn decided to go on walker watch for the day. We grabbed our poles and headed to the front gate first.

There weren't too many walkers, only about twenty.
But for the whole time Katelyn didn't look okay and I wanted to find out what was on her mind,
"Tell me why you won't stop frowning," I told her, putting down my pole.
"It's nothing," she sighed,
"I know it isn't nothing- and actually I think I have a small idea what it is. Is it Pedro and Tom?"
Katelyn nodded and put down her pole too,
"Me and Tom are fine again but they hate eachother- and that makes me sad."
I tried to think of what advice to give her but nothing was really coming to mind immediately.

"Maybe you have to mention it then," I told her, "You know, like clear the air."
"I don't want to make anything worse though or make Tom think something is going on again."
I turned around to see Tom fixing his bike with Daryl,
"Maybe it's just Tom you need to clear the air with then, I mean it's not like it's Pedro who seems to have a problem."
"Your right," Katelyn said, "Pedro seems to be happy with the way things are going it's just Tom."
"So go on then, I'll finish the last walkers off." I smiled,
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah course."

I watched as Katelyn slowly made her way over to where Daryl and Tom were then I gave her privacy and looked away.

"Shit," I said, turning to face the fence again and seeing a zombie with a helmet on. I had never come across this problem before, how would I stab it through the head?

I crouched down trying to think of a way I could get the pole through the fence and up into its skull.
I thought about maybe going up through the chin but that seemed risky.

Just then the walker fell to the floor in front of me without me doing anything.

And behind the walker revealed a man and a women.

"Thought you might need help with that one," the woman seemed kind and genuine as the words left her lips with a smile,
"I'm Tyrese," the man said, "And this is my sister Sasha."

I stepped back a bit cautiously, they looked like they had been out for a while. They were extremely dirty and looked very out of energy.

"I-I think I'll get Rick." I said, "Wait here."

I made my way over to cell block one and found Rick with Andy making lunch,
"Guys there are people at the gates, I think they wanna get in. They look hungry."

Rick turned around and took out his gun,
"Okay I'll go and let them in- we will interview them and see if they are the sort of people we want in our
prison."

Rick brushed past me and walked out of the door, me and Andy followed.
"Do you think he'll let them stay?" Andy whispered,
"I don't know, they looked like they could be really useful here. And they definitely have survival skills."
Once we reached the front field and the gate, Rick leant up against the fence.

"How many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked the two siblings,
"What?" Sasha answered,
"How many," Rick repeated,
"Well... I don't know we've been out for a long time we've lost count- hundreds?" Tyrese answered,
"How many humans have you killed?" Rick answered eyeing their expressions closely,
"None- Jesus," Sasha laughed, "Do we really look that dodgy."

"You never know who you can trust anymore," Andy said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 111 20
{Sequel to Here We'll Remain} "It'll be okay" "I love you" Three Empty Words Thea Lawley had thought she'd been afraid before, but the Saviors give...
4.2K 138 42
What they once had was gone. The prison fell and everyone was separated. Devin got out with Daryl and Beth and in her mind she can't help but think t...
15.1K 277 29
He set fire the world around him but did not let a single flame touch her. --- Season 2- 4(ongoing) includes sexual content, swearing, slight gore,e...
15.1K 428 21
The apocalypse is real, and it's taken almost everything Isabelle cares about. Almost. Against all odds, she found a group, like a second family. The...