Where We Might End Up - a Gre...

Par TheScarfacedGodson

Part 1 of Where We Might End Up Series A familiar face from Derek and Mark's past arrives at Seattle Grace Ho... Plus

Introduction:
Three Brothers and a Double Leg Transplant Case
Staying or Leaving Seattle Grace
Calm Before the Storm
The Better Grey
The Better Plan
I Always Have Your Back, Brother
Losing a Friend; Gaining Another
Like a Plague
The McHell Week: The Blue Corner...
The McHell Week: Orange Coloured Scrubs
The McHell Week: Not the Apples
Gotta Run Away, Gotta Get Away
You Know Me
Breathe
The Teacher and The Student
That Side of You
A Smidge of Drama; A Little Bit of Fun
Softly Through the Night
Give the Devil His Due
Haunted by a Memory
Until I Figure It Out
Learning to Live with Me
Who Has to Know?
Makes Me Wonder
A Rumor Going Around, Stirring Our Little Town
Let's Drink to That
Talk About Last Night
Still Hung Up On You
It Don't Mean a Thing
Will Mine be the Face You Recognize?
Bang Bang, That Awful Sound
You Are the Reason
Between the Lines of Fear and Blame
Extra Chapter: Everything's Fine; Everyone's Okay
Nothing's the Same; Memories Remain
The Only Exception
Running in Circles - Part 2 of Where We Might End Up Series

The Joke's On You

1.8K 90 6
Par TheScarfacedGodson

Meredith stepped out of the elevator, glancing at the both Lexie and Eric. She then stopped in front of them, turning to face Eric, keeping her cold-eyed glare on him. Eric held her gaze with his own icy stare. His face impassive, but his lips formed a smirk. Lexie watched as the two kept their eyes onto each other, taking it as a weird staring contest between the two, that none wouldn't want to lose.

"W-what are you doing?" Lexie whispered to Eric, leaning closer to him. Noticing Meredith looking at her, she moved away from him.

"Lexie," Meredith said, looking at her. Lexie faced her as she added, "They need us at the pit."

"Oh, I... Okay."

Lexie stepped towards the elevator and pushed the button. The elevator rang as it opened. Lexie stepped inside and held the door as she waited for Meredith.

"Dr. Keaton." Meredith looked back at Eric and greeted before moving inside the elevator with Lexie.

"Dr. Grey."

Eric remained in front of the elevator. Lexie craned her neck, looking at him with a worried and nervous stare as the elevator doors closed between them. Eric waited a minute before he pushed the up button again. He looked through his phone while he waited for the elevator. As the elevator dinged, Eric looked at the arrow blinking above one of the elevator and stood in front as he waited for it to open. Eric put away his phone and stepped in but was stopped on the way by April, who was walking out of the same elevator, holding Derek's jacket.

"Oh, Dr. Keaton!" April greeted in her high-pitched tone.

"Fucking hell," Eric exclaimed, startled as April suddenly spoke. Clutching his phone, he stepped back and looked at April, who was beaming. He breathed in deeply before he moved his lips into a line, raising the corner of her lips slightly, "Dr. Kepner - I'm going up..." He stepped left as he tried to move inside the elevator before it closed, "...can you just..."

April blocked his way as she spoke, "I'm so glad I ran into you..."

"...I need to --" He moved to the other side but April kept on blocking him. The elevator doors had then fully closed. "No. Never mind that." He scowled, looking away.

"I was about to check if you're still in surgery."

"Evidently, I'm not," Eric whispered as he forced a smile.

"W-what's that?" April chuckled.

Eric looked back at April, "Nothing." April's smile slowly died down, looking at Eric's stony gaze. She felt nervous, fidgeting and looking away as Eric added, "What is it, again?"

"R-right." April moved her head, as she furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember what she was saying earlier, "Chief Shepherd has a patient at the... the pit — But, he still needs to meet with the OSHA guy and the reporters for the official statement and... He wanted to ask if you could..."

"Fine, I'll take the case."

"Oh, it's uhm..." April stared at him, "Okay."

Eric proceeded towards the elevator and pressed the button again, observing April as if she would try to stop him again. Eric stepped in as the elevator opened and signaled April to walk inside.

"Fill me in with the details on the way."

"O - of course," April nervously chuckled as she rode the elevator with him.

- - - - -

Meredith was not an overprotective big sister. She needed not to be one, since she's an only child — believed in that fact for a long time. The idea of having siblings passed her thoughts before, knowing her father had another family. Meredith wouldn't want to face that fact, especially when Thatcher wasn't even a family to her. When Lexie came into her life, it had been a massive scare. She didn't know what to do or how to act. Obviously, her attitude towards the presence of one Alexandra Grey was downright cold and cruel.

Overtime, Meredith had learned how to live with Lexie, tried to be a family to her. Derek told her to be nice to her. — She did. Cristina brought her to her house one night because Lexie had no one — Meredith became that someone for her. In two years, she became a sister. Lexie gave her a feeling of being in a family, which she had never felt before.

So Meredith was not an overprotective big sister, but she's one now. She wanted to protect Lexie, and hearing about her staying at Eric's apartment, Meredith can't help but be overprotective.

Lexie stayed quiet the whole time Meredith was dragging her towards the emergency wing. She knew what was waiting for her once Meredith stopped.

"W-what about t-the trauma?"

"I need to talk to you."

Lexie stopped as she pointed towards the full and bustling ER, "I-I..." She chuckled nervously, "... think they need us there."

Meredith opened the door of an empty treatment room. She looked back at Lexie. With an arched brow, she gestured her head, pointing towards the room. Lexie stepped inside slowly as her sister watched her. Meredith followed Lexie and closed the door behind her as Lexie sat quietly at the gurney in the middle of the room, following Meredith with her sad, apologetic eyes as Meredith paced.

"Okay, what's going on?" Meredith stopped. She put her hands on her hips and glared at her sister.

"W-when I told you I was living with a friend..." Lexie chuckled as she stammered the next words, "W-well... It's - He's... he's that friend." She cowered.

Meredith looked away, mouthing incoherently, "You are friends with him? Really? When did that..."

Cristina looked through the glass door and saw Meredith. She opened the door and walked inside as Meredith continued to speak.

Meredith narrowed her eyes at Lexie as she realized, "Wait. Don't tell me you... you're sleeping with Eric?!"

Lexie opened her mouth to speak, but Cristina interrupted her before she could.

"Wait, you are sleeping with McDevil?!" Cristina stood beside Meredith.

Lexie tried to reason, stammering as she was being cut off by the two.

Cristina glanced at both Lexie and Meredith until she continued, "Well, that explains him simmering down."

Meredith squeezed the bridge of her nose and added, "Oh my God, Lexie."

Lexie uttered in a louder voice, "I am staying at his apartment. I am not having sex with him," She paused, "We're roommates."

"Staying at his apartm... So he's the roommate you are talking about the other day?" Cristina asked. Her hands now on her hips, copying Meredith. The two interrogated Lexie further.

Lexie looked back at Meredith and explained, "He's kind enough to let me stay at his apartment after..."

"After he learned you are squatting." Meredith finished Lexie's statement.

Cristina looked at Meredith, "What? What?"

Meredith turned, looking at Cristina as she responded to her, "Lexie stayed at Eric's after she broke up with Mark and he doesn't know about it — at the time."

"Wait, I though she was staying at your house. She slept with Alex, right?"

"Y-yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. Right after she had sex with Alex, she moved out of the house and stayed at Eric's."

"Well, I stayed at Burke's after he disappeared but..."

"That's different."

"Yeah, that's different."

Lexie grunted in frustration, "Uh, hello? I'm still here."

Cristina and Meredith looked back at her. Meredith continued, "My point is — You're not even friends and now you are roommates?"

"How do you know we're not.. Wait, Why are you so pissed about this?" Lexie said.

"I am just concerned, Lexie. You and Eric didn't have a good relationship," Meredith looked away.

"if you can call that a relationship." Cristina added.

"I thought you two are friends?" Lexie asked, looking at Meredith.

"Yes, we are. But you two aren't. So imagine my shock when I heard you two are sleeping together..."

Lexie groaned, "C-can you stop. saying. sleeping," She sighed, "I'm staying at his apartment."

"Okay, fine." Meredith gestured her hands wildly in the air, "I couldn't help but think otherwise. The last time you became friends with one of Derek's..."

"Please don't finish that thought." Lexie said as she stood up, "I am not, okay?" The two looked at Lexie as she repeated, "I am not sleeping with him. And, I won't sleep with him."

"Yeah, little Grey. It's not like you have no history of having sex with your roommate, are you? There's George..."

"George? We didn't... What? I don't... I never had sex with him."

"Well, It's... You loved him," Cristina implied. "What about Alex?"

"Alex was a onetime thing," Lexie paused, "well, a t-two... two time thing." She whispered.

"Just tell me you're okay, living with him," Meredith asked.

"Yes, of course. Yes."

- - - - -

Emergency Wing

April followed Eric as he rushed towards the pit. He stopped as he saw Meredith, Lexie and Cristina walking out on one of the treatment rooms. The Greys continued inside the pit. Cristina walked towards his way. Cristina looked straight in front and doubled back, noticing Eric on the way.

"Hey!" She grinned. Eric furrowed his eyebrows as Cristina moved hers up as she walked away.

God, she knows, he concluded. Eric rolled his eyes and shook his head before he continued to walk towards the trauma rooms.

"Which room?" Eric asked April, who was behind him.

"Trauma Four."

"I need a resident."

"Dr. Adamson or Dr. Percy?"

Eric grimaced at April as he stopped in front of Trauma Room 4, "Surprise me." He hissed.

Eric then continued inside the room, grabbing the chart and helping the nurses as they rolled the patient out.

April gawked and nodded before walking away. She called Charles as she moved. April ended the call and started looking for her chief.

- - - - -

Saturday Evening

Lexie had been at the hospital since Friday afternoon. She stayed after her patient, Frankie woke up, checking on him from time to time. She also did all her backlogged post-op reports before Lexie finally decided she's done for the day. Lexie checked her phone and realized it was already 7PM, Saturday. She yawned, suddenly feeling the exhaustion, after knowing how long she had been working at the hospital. Lexie went to the resident's lounge to get her things before continuing home.

Eric's Apartment

Arriving at the house, Lexie went straight to her room and into the bathroom. She took a shower, relaxing herself off the tiresome shift. She breathed deeply, enjoying the warm shower dripping down her fatigued body. Lexie washed her face, and then her hands moved gently across her shoulder to her arm, lathering her body, enjoying her bath. It took her a little more time before she walked out of the shower, turning the water off as she stepped out. Lexie yawned, feeling her drowsiness pulling her towards the bed..

Lexie wore her sleepwear and succumbed to her bed that had been inviting her to leap in the minute she went inside her room. She closed her eyes as the door on Eric's room closing sounded through her wall. She dozed off. Lexie didn't wake until a little late next morning.

- - - - -

Emerald City Bar

Eric took a sip of his scotch as he waited at the bar, contemplating at how absurd it was that he went at the bar to wait for a stranger instead of resting at his flat. Earlier that day, he received a text from someone agreeing to meet at Joe's. It was Anna from Psych — the one Mark was talking about the other day. Apparently, Mark gave Anna his phone number and the idea that Eric had set up a date that evening. Normally, he would just ignore this kind of text, but lately he grew a conscience — or maybe he was just too bored at the flat that he went at the bar. He wasn't too sure now why he went there. The only thing he's sure was that he was getting drunk. The worst part of it all, he didn't even know what she looked like.

"Dude," Joe sighed as he stared at the glowering surgeon sitting at the bar, "Are you sure..." He paused, grimacing as he shrugged his shoulder.

Eric glanced at him as he swigged his drink, "She's gonna show up? I don't even know this is really her I'm talking to."

Joe looked around the bar, "What does she look like? Maybe she's already here."

"That — I don't know."

Joe stared back at him, arching his eyebrow, "What?" He paused, "I-I didn't know you're the blind date type of guy?" He chuckled.

"Me either." Eric massaged his head as he asked for another round. Joe poured scotch on his glass. He put down the bottle and then leaned on the bar.

"You said she's working at the hospital, right?" Joe continued, "Maybe she's still working? Have you checked the hospital?"

Eric looked at Joe and up the ceiling, considering Joe's statement, "You're right." He stood up, gulping down the remaining scotch as he added, "I'm going." He paid for his orders before leaving the bar.

Fifth Floor - Hospital Psych Ward

Eric went to the psych department to look for Anna. Her name was the only thing he knew about the woman, aside from her working at the psych ward, and her being a nurse.

"Bloody waste of time." Eric hissed.

He walked around the ward, searching aimlessly until he asked the nurse that walked by.

The nurse stopped, staring at the inebriated surgeon before she pointed towards the supplies closet, "I think she's at the supplies room."

"Thank — Thank you very much."

"No problem."

Eric continued towards the supplies closet. As he walked closer to the room, moans and grunts resounded could be heard. He halted, uncertain if it was the alcohol in his system that was causing him to hear things or it was real. Eric stared at the supplies closet door with his brows furrowed together, sure that the pleasure-filled noises were coming from the room. A thought suddenly dawned on him. He looked through the glass on the door.

"Fucking typical." Eric snarled as he opened the door.

Just as he expected, there inside was Mark having sex in a supplies closet. The woman was pinned to the wall. Her hands were on Mark's hair, gripping his hair intensely, and his shoulder digging into his scrub uniform. She moaned irritatingly loud, legs clasped onto Mark's hips. Mark grunted in unison with the same degree as the nurse, clasping her legs onto him as he thrust harder. As the woman moaned, her stare moved towards the door as it opened.

Eric stood beside the door as he greeted casually, "So you must be Anna."

Anna squealed in shock, seeing Eric at the door. Mark looked behind him, donning the same surprised expression.

"Dude!"

"Right, apologies," Eric shook his head as he strode closer, "Where. are. my manners." He uttered, stressing his words. He moved his hand for a handshake for the nurse who was still pinned on the wall.

"Oh, my god!" Anna scoffed, looking away as she blushed in embarrassment.

"What are you still doing here?!" Mark scowled, "Get the fuck out!"

"No?" Eric put his hand down, "All right."

Eric turned around as he stepped back at the door, smirking.

- - - - -

"Hey, asshole," Mark spoke as he stepped beside him.

"You gave her my phone number?!" Eric scowled.

"Wait. What?" Mark paused, thinking seriously, "I didn't — oh, right. I did."

"She texted me earlier — telling me that you told her about a date that I set up..." Eric said in a stronger voice.

"Right. I did that one, too." Mark blurted. He suddenly exploded into a laugh, irritating Eric further.

"What's so funny?"

"You," Mark snickered, gripping his stomach as he leaned on Eric's shoulder, "I mean — I didn't know you would actually go to the bar. I just used that to get her to have sex with me."

Eric groaned as he squeezed the bridge of his nose. He removed Mark's hand off his shoulder, as he uttered, "If this joke is your idea of evening up — Consider me fucking laughing!" Eric yelled.

Mark's laugh subsided. He stood straight as he wiped a tear on his cheek, "Wait, what are you talking about — evening up?" Mark asked. He crinkled his nose in confusion as he uttered, "What do you mean..."

Eric stared at Mark, realizing he still knew nothing about Lexie and him, "Nothing."

Eric breathed in deeply. He faced the elevator as it opened. He then stepped inside, scowling at Mark as it closed.

- - - - -
Next Morning
Eric's Apartment

Lexie went out of her room. The flat was empty. She proceeded downstairs and stopped at the living room to play some music. Lexie then moved towards the coffee maker to turn it on before she cooked breakfast. Waiting for the coffee, Lexie danced along to the music, swaying her hips as she hummed. She opened the overhead cabinet as she heard the coffee maker beeped. She pulled out a mug, filling it with coffee. Holding the mug with both her hands, Lexie swayed as she turned around, smiling as her lips touch the mug, savoring the tranquil morning alone.

- - - - -

Eric went to the hospital parking lot earlier that morning to pick up his car that he left there last night. Walking towards his car, his phone rang an incoming message. He stopped, glancing at the phone as he exhaled.

(09:30) KEATON! Amy called. She's at the hospital rn lookn for you!
(09:31) Kidding! Just pick the damn phone! I wanted to tell you something.

(09:37) Seriously, dude, stop what you're doing and get your ass at the hospital, right now.
(09:38) ANNA STILL WNTD TO GO OUT WITH YOU. HA!

Eric looked away from his phone as it rang again, seeing Mark's name flashing on his phone. He put his phone back inside his pocket before he stepped inside his car and rode back to his flat.

- - - - -

Eric parked the SUV in front of the apartment. He searched around for the morning paper, seeing it beside the mailbox. He went on, picking up the newspaper on the way as he constantly rubbed his temples, feeling the impact of drinking too much last night. Eric stopped as his phone buzzed again. He cursed under his breath as he pulled out his phone. Seeing Derek's name, he answered it.

"Yes!" He grunted.

"Oh, look at you, grumpy this time in the morning?"

Eric breathed in, "What is it, Shepherd?"

"Turn around, dumbass." Eric looked behind him. He ended the call as Derek walked closer.

Derek placed his hands inside his pockets as he stepped towards Eric, looking down on the concrete ground as he walked. He then looked up and let out a smile.

"I pressumed you already know."

"Oh, yes," Derek lingered. Eric looked at him as he continued, "She's inside?"

Eric nodded, "Okay, just get on with it already."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your lecture? violent reaction? disappointed remark? Come on," He beckoned him, "Hit me."

"Hmmm, well... I don't have one, really."

Eric looked at him with shocked silence before adding, "So, why are you here, then?"

"Meredith asked me to check on you..." Derek paused, "... check. you. I suppose there's nothing to be worried about — well, not unless you're planning to date another little sister of mine," He smirked.

Derek's little habit — disguising threats into jokes as he smiled.

Eric pressed his eyes shut as he inhaled deeply, "Good..." He pinched the bridge of his nose as he added with an exhale, "...god! there it is."

"Haha. I'm kidding!" He added, "Just... don't hurt Lexie — Meredith will murder us both if you do."

- - - - -

Apartment - Kitchen

Lexie continued to dance along with the music as she made the pancake batter, grabbing the berries from the fridge and putting it on the counter. She then poured a bit of the batter on the pan, licking the batter off her fingers as she cooked. She moved back towards the counter where her mug was and drank coffee as she started swaying and humming again.

Eric closed the door behind him and looked around with an arched brow, hearing the music on his way in. He walked slowly, stopping by the entryway as he saw Lexie dancing at the kitchen. Eric leaned on the wall and crossed his arms as he watched. A smirk formed across his lips.

"Ahhhhh!" Lexie exclaimed, seeing Eric as she spun around and faced the entryway. "W-what are you doing here?" She crossed her arms, blocking her chest. Her hands clasped between her armpits.

"Well," He met Lexie's inquisitive glare, "This is my house?"

Lexie exhaled, "Yes. I know that. It's — " Lexie put her arms down as she sputtered, "Yo-you didn't go to work?"

"No." Eric paused. He pressed his temple with his palm as he made his way at the counter, "It's my day off." Eric added as he sat down on the barstool, placing his phone on the counter.

"O-oh, okay — I just... I thought you don't have one, really," Eric furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced back at her, "I mean," She chuckled nervously, "You - you never have a day-off..." Lexie looked down on the floor as she mumbled, "...ever."

Lexie glanced back at Eric and saw him hunched down on the bar. She observed him as he settled his head on the counter sideways. Eric closed his eyes hard, driving his eyebrows knitted closer. He moved the newspaper he's holding above his ears as the bass from the music and the incessant blinking of his phone's screen was making his headache worse. He groaned, flipping his phone face down on the counter and squeezing his hands tightly on his ears.

Lexie glanced at the stereo in the living room, "Do you want me to turn it off?"

"C-can you just..." Eric stammered. He knitted his eyebrows deeper, as his headache intensified, "... turn it down? Just a bit."

Lexie walked towards the radio and turned it off. Eric put his head back down as she stepped back into the kitchen.

"What happened? You look..."

Eric muttered as his face was pressed on the counter, "I drank too much last night."

"What?" Lexie chuckled, "Hangover? You have a hangover? That's new."

Eric snapped back at her and scowled, "What's funny?"

"Well, you — seeing you like that — funny," Lexie turned as she turned towards the overhead cabinet and grabbed another mug. She placed it down as she walked towards the fridge and continued, "I didn't know you hang out on Saturday nights."

"Hanging out is fun and relaxing — I neither enjoyed nor felt relaxed last night." He rested his head back on the granite top counter.

"Okay," Lexie stifled her laugh as she turn around to get the mug, "Here." She put down the mug filled with coffee in front of him, "This will help with the headache." She put the ibuprofen bottle beside his mug. Lexie turned around, picking up a plate and filling it with pancakes, "And, here."

Eric moved himself away, staring at the prepared plate in front of him, "What's this?"

"Food?" Lexie answered, "You should eat it while it's hot."

"I don't..." Eric paused as he sat straight, settling his hands on the barstool as he leaned away, "I can make my breakfast. If you just grab that..."

"What?"

Her voice was drowned by his deep and demanding voice as he continued, "You know what, I can get it." He stood up.

"Just... S-sit down!" Lexie shouted.

Eric widened his eyes in shock, "Did you just...?"

"Eat the damn pancakes." Lexie glared and crossed her arms.

Eric slowly sat back at the barstool and stared at Lexie, glaring at her, "Okay."

Lexie smiled as Eric looked away and started eating. Who's mousey now, Lexie thought. Her chuckle went out louder than she intended to, making Eric glanced back at her. She pressed her lips together as he arched a brow at her.

Lexie stood up straight and glared at him, "Eat up." Lexie turned around before she smiled again.

- - - - -

Lexie stayed in the living room after eating while Eric cleared at the kitchen. She sat on the sofa and reached for the remote. Noticing Eric walking towards the stairs, Lexie glanced at him.

"Hey, do you want... are — are you going to..." Lexie pointed at the sofa as Eric looked at her.

"I'm going upstairs."

"You gonna sleep it off?"

"No, I uhm, need to finish something... uh... research."

"You are going to work..." She paused, widening her eyes as she stressed, "...on your day off?"

Eric ignored her mocking and looked away as he shook his head, "I'll be at the study if you need me."

- - - - -

Study Room

Eric glanced at his phone, wondering why it stopped ringing. Turned out, it had no battery. He charged his phone and turned it on. Instantly, Beeps from his phone rang in quick succession. He grumbled. Eric started his work as soon as his phone stopped ringing, but as he turned at the monitor, there it was again, bothering him incessantly, pushing his patience to its limit. He gritted his teeth and trembled in frustration. He put it in silent mode before staring back at the monitor.

His hands stayed on the keyboard as he stared at the blinking cursor on the monitor. Eric sighed before he started typing. As he moved his finger to type the first letter, Eric stopped. His mind suddenly went blank. He didn't even know what to type. He still couldn't concentrate, blaming it on his massive headache, now. Eric tried to push out words from his thoughts. Just one word, he pondered, then that would break the dam of ideas from his head.

- - - - -

What he thought was minutes of staring at the monitor was actually more than an hour now. The only thing he had typed during that span was the word, "the". His eyebrows were curled together, growling at the empty document and the blinking cursor.

Lexie knocked at the door before stepping inside the room. "Hey," She spoke, peeking through the space before she opened the door fully, "I'm going out. Do you want any... thing..." She paused, looking at the dazed Eric who was staring at the computer and gripping his hair, "...at the. shop. Are you okay?"

"I. can't..." He exhaled, "I've been looking at this damn computer for hours and all I could come up is... nothing." Eric stared at her and asked, "You're going where?"

"Uhm, the grocery store..." Lexie answered as she stared at him.

Eric stood up and picked up his wallet, "I'm coming with you."

"W-what. What?" Lexie chuckled, "No. It's okay, I..."

"I need to get out of here," Eric glanced back at her, "If it's okay with you?"

"Of course it's okay with me."

Eric's phone vibrated. He groaned audibly, hearing the buzz from his table. Lexie glanced at the phone.

"Your phone's ringing."

"I know," He sneered.

"Aren't you going to answer it? It might be an emergency."

"No, it's not. It's Mark," Lexie eyed him with a worried look, "I can't talk to Mark. Not right now." Eric paused as he looked at her.

"Why is he calling you?" She wavered, "Do-does he know? Did Derek tell him about?.."

"No — no, he doesn't. Believe me, We'll know when he knows." He sighed, looking away, "We'll know it."

"Oh... o-kay."

"Let's go."

- - - - -

Evening
Grocery Store

The two went inside the grocery store. Eric looked round, considering the immense size of the place.

"You shop here?" Eric asked as Lexie reached the shopping carts, "This is bloody ridiculous." He added as he walked beside Lexie. He noticed her worried face, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just..." She paused, "Are you sure Mark doesn't know?"

"Why?" Eric arched a brow, "Do you want Mark to know?"

"No!" Lexie stressed, "I just thought... Mark — he overreacts and I don't want this. thing. to cause a riff between you two." Eric smirked as he looked away, "W-what's that? What's. that?"

"Nothing."

Lexie gawked at him along with a scowl, "I don't care about Mark, okay? I just... I don't care."

"What part of nothing don't you get?"

"Your face is what I don't get." Lexie spoke under her breath.

"Come on, let's go." Eric said as he stepped away. Lexie followed him as she pushed the cart, muttering incoherently as she walked.

- - - - -

Lexie pushed the cart as Eric walked behind her. His hands were crossed behind his back, standing straight. Eric eyed Lexie as she turned from aisle to aisle, picking up things on the way. She hummed a tune as she grabbed a couple of chips, putting it on the cart.

"Do we really need to go to every aisle?"

"I might miss something that I need if we don't." She said, looking at Eric who was staring at her.

"You didn't prepare a shopping list before going here?"

"No?" Lexie arched her brow as she glanced back at Eric before stopping, "Do you?" Eric slowly put up a piece of paper. Lexie rolled her eyes as she blurted, "god — Let me see that," Lexie snagged the paper and read it, "Really?" She looked at him, "You really need to list these down? — Rolled oats, berries, milk, apples and eggs?"

"Yes." He answered with a nod.

Lexie chuckled, "O-kay."

Lexie then pushed the cart as she continued to walk. Eric stared at her, watching her walk away.

"Can I have my list ba — " Lexie continued walking away, "No — okay." Eric uttered, looking at the floor as he followed her.

- - - - -

Eric's eyes remained glued on Lexie as she moved around and glanced at the shelves, deciding between two different cereal.

His eyes went narrower and narrower the longer Lexie spent her time choosing. Eric finally stepped beside her, clearing his throat on the way to get Lexie's attention, "Okay, this looks like an important, life and death decision for you --" Lexie rolled her eyes, "but I kinda need to go to that side of the shop..."

"I know when you're mocking me, you know that right?"

Eric's lips curled to a smile as he went on, "...to the butchers. I just remembered, I need to pick up some minced beef."

"Wait," Lexie pulled out the Eric's grocery list out of her pocket, "Actually you don't... It's not listed here."

"O-kay." Eric tutted as his smile changed into a straight line, "I was gonna ask if you need anything there. But...you can just go get it yourself after you decide here which sugary cereal will give you diabetes."

Lexie cackled, "It's not... well, yeah, but..." . Eric turned away, continuing towards the butchers area, "Okay, just... get me some chicken!" Lexie yelled as Eric walked away. Eric swung his hand in the air as Lexie added, "Thank you!"

Lexie chuckled as she stared back at the two box of cereals in front of her. She put the two boxes back on the shelves as a woman walked towards her.

"Lexie?" Lexie turned to where the voice was coming from. Her eyes widened, seeing her classmate from high school, "Oh my god , it is you!"

"Oh, he—hey," Lexie grinned as she fidgeted, "Hey Beth, you're he — here. Awesome." She chuckled awkwardly.

"I was just over there at that aisle when I heard you and I was like, is that Lexie Grey, I hear?" Beth said.

"Oh, oh. You heard that, wow. That's — that's unfortunate..." Lexie implied.

Beth continued to look around before she stepped closer, squeezing Lexie's arms as she smiled cheerfully. Lexie responded with her fake grin.

"Gosh. Lexie Grey — how long has it been? You look fantastic! I saw Rach just last week, and she told me you're a surgeon now? What about that, huh?"

Lexie fidgeted, looking down on the floor as she uttered, "Well, I uhm, I — That was the plan since high school, but yeah... I am a surgeon," She chuckled, "How are you?"

"Good, good — just working at the office, that kind of thing..." Beth paused, squinting as she pondered, "You're a. sur...geon but not a surgeon surgeon, right?"

"Okay, I knew it." Lexie whispered to herself as she looked away.

"Hey babe!" A man walked towards Beth. He stood beside her and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey, Hon, look who I bumped into," She paused as Daniel looked at Lexie. Lexie widened her eyes, seeing him as Beth added, "Lexie Grey. Do you remember her? From high school?"

"Yeah, of course. I remember Lexie Grey — little miss perfect." Daniel moved towards her for a hug, pulling away as he continued, "Wow, you look..."

"She's gorgeous, right?"

"Yeah, yeah she is," The guy smirked, looking at Lexie, "I just remembered, you texted me a few months back."

Lexie looked at him with widened eyes, "Uhm, really? I don't..."

"I'm sorry I haven't replied to your texts but, uh, I have read it and I assure you, I... remember you." He winked.

Lexie's increasing embarrassment was rooted from the fact the Daniel Grant was one of the exe she texted before when Dr. Webber made a policy about romantic partners at the hospital. It would be tolerable if that was the only instance she texted him. But Lexie had texted him again during one of those drunk nights, boasting about having a hot plastic surgeon boyfriend. Lexie had wanted nothing more than to be swallowed whole by the floor just to be out of the conversation.

Daniel went on, "How's your surgeon by the way?"

"Her what?"

"Nothing." Lexie countered.

"What nothing — You told me about a hot surgeon boyfriend — your words. Is he here?" Daniel looked around.

"No, uhm, he's... he's... we're..."

Lexie's stammering was interrupted, thankfully, as Eric walked towards her. His deep voice resounded through the hall.

"I don't know what to get, so I got you wings, thighs and chicken breast fillets..." Eric said, looking at the packs he was carrying, "Oh, and the uhm minced beef," Eric continued, still hadn't spotted the two strangers gawking at him as he talked, "I already got the eggs so scratch that from the list." He paused as he glanced at Lexie, "What?"

"I'm so sorry about this." Lexie uttered, moving her head as she looked down.

"Aren't you gonna introduce us to your friend there, Lexie?" Beth asked.

Eric turned to face the strangers, meeting the woman's giggle and the man's glare. He looked at Lexie before glancing back at the strangers.

"Dr. Eric Keaton. Pleasure to meet you."

"Beth Saunders — Ooh, I loove your accent." She giggled, "This here is my fiance, Daniel Grant," Daniel shook Eric's hand, "So, you must be the hot surgeon boyfriend?"

Eric pushed his brows up, widened his eyes, "Pardon?" He glanced at Lexie.

"She's talking about a surgeon boyfriend. You're that surgeon, right? You must be."

"Well, uh," He looked at the two and smiled, "Alexandra and I need to go so..."

"Alexandra?" Daniel repeated.

Eric moved his stare on the man who was scowling at Eric. Eric then looked back at Beth.

"Nice meeting you again."

"Likewise," Beth mimicked his accent and giggled as she added, "Did I do it right?"

Eric grimaced a smile as he spoke, "Excellent." Lexie smiled in response. Eric grabbed the cart and Lexie. He pushed the cart and pulled Lexie with him.

- - - - -

"Those two..." Eric uttered out of the blue.

"They're my high school classmates."

"Classmates, huh?" He paused and looked back at the road, "So you're telling them about Mark even when you two have broken up?"

"No! that's not --" Lexie sighed, "It's complicated."

"What is it?"

Lexie stared at him before she said, "Promise me you're not gonna laugh."

"Okay."

"A few years back — months before you arrived, Dr. Webber asked everyone to list down their sexual partners," Lexie paused, "Me and Alex were a... uhm... Let's just say Alex forgot to list me. So I asked my exes because of that if I was forgettable — I think that was it. I'm drunk and I know it was a wrong decision. One I would regret in the future — Daniel was one of them."

"Oh," Eric uttered.

"I'm not done — Uhm, I may have texted him again when I didn't receive any replies from him." Lexie cringed as she slumped down, "I told him I don't care. It's his loss... That, I already have a hot surgeon boyfriend, and it doesn't bother me if he doesn't text back."

"Obviously, you're not bothered," Eric pressed his lips together, trying not to laugh.

"You promised me you won't laugh."

"I am not laughing — I'm suppressing it."

"That's still laughing."

"No, it's not — This is more of a smile than a laugh. "There was silence before Eric spoke again, "So..."

Lexie looked at him, "Don't you even dare make fun of me."

"Just a thought — " Eric drove, crossing the intersection before he continued, "If you got drunk later would you text Mark along with your other exes or not?"

"Oh, fuck you." Lexie looked outside as Eric chortled.

- - - - -

Driveway - Eric's Apartment
Dexter Avenue

Eric went down to the back of the SUV and opened the back door. Lexie, noticing him grabbing the grocery bags, dashed towards him.

"Hey, Let me help."

Eric moved the bags away from Lexie, "No. I can carry them all. Just open the door," Eric paused as he gave Lexie the keys, "Here. You can..." Lexie immediately grabbed a bag as he looked away, getting the keys, "Alexandra, I told you, I will carry them..."

"Nope." Lexie blurted as she glanced back at him, "Think you can handle two?"

Eric grabbed the remaining two bags and closed the SUV door. He stepped towards Lexie, who was waiting in front of the door. He stood in front of her as he grinned, shaking his head.

"Keys?" Lexie beamed. She moved her gaze towards his hand, with the keys. Lexie snatched the keys and opened the door.

At opposite side of the road, Mark's car was parked. Mark leaned onto the roof as he watched Lexie and Eric standing near each other and smiling. He observed as Lexie opened the door for Eric. Eric then stepped inside the flat, before Lexie closed the door. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

44.9K 1.6K 16
You're holding me like water in your hands. grey's anatomy s1━s9 mark sloan & female oc
6.6K 240 11
Follow Anna Williams-Yang as she starts her new life as a surgical intern. After ending a 3-year relationship she wants to start fresh without any ba...
84K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
221K 3.2K 36
You're the new chief of general surgery who's been hired by Dr. Derek Shepherd, the chief of surgery, at Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. - set in...