SOS/Book 2/The Prison

By fleurwrites_

This is the second book of the SOS series, this time we are carrying on in the Prison. There will be new char... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 15

19 0 0
By fleurwrites_

Fleurs point of view
"Daryl never talked about you much," I told Merle, hoping it didn't come out horrible, "To be honest I never even knew he had a brother."
"Not a surprise," Merle laughed, "He was probably happy when he though I was dead."
"Oh I'm sure not-" I started,
"No seriously," Merle stopped me, "I've been bullying my little bro since he was born."
I giggled.
Just then Carl came up to me and kissed me on the cheek,
"You ready to go?" he asked me and I nodded,
"Yep, I'll just go say bye to Judith."

Carl's point of view
Fleur walked away heading to Judiths cell and I was about to follow her when Merle grabbed my arm,
"Wait up kid," he told me, pulling on my sleeve to face him, "I need the tea."
"What?" I asked confused,
"The tea... isn't that what you kids say? Anyways gimme info."
I tilted my head,
"I'm sorry I really don't know what you are talking about,"
"Fleur," he said, "Are you two close? Last time I saw you you were like what- ten? Now look at you, you've got a girlfriend."
"Oh!" I laughed, "Yeah we're really close, she lived at the farm that was overrun."

"Weren't you and Sophia pretty close? Where is she by the way?"
I looked at the ground and tried to fight back the tears that were about to fall from my eyes,
"Sophia and I were just... best friends." I said,
"Were?"
"She died."
Merles eyes widened,
"Oh shit kid I'm sorry." he blurted, "Is Carol okay?"
"I think she's getting over it," I told him- but not really. Carol would still have her many bad days.

"We should get going," Merle finally said breaking the silence,
"Yeah."

Nobody's point of view
Once everyone had packed bags and prepared for the trip they met at the front gate, Rick made sure everybody was there.
"Okay everyone's together and ready," Rick breathed in, "Let's get in the cars then."

Carl, Fleur, Isla, Katelyn, Tom, Andy and Pedro got in a truck- Carl drove. His dad had given him a couple lessons and the roads were pretty much empty seeing as everyone was dead.

Daryl, Merle and Michonne took another car.

Rick, Hershel, Maggie and Glenn took another.

Rick was first to drive off onto the motorway, he put his hand out the window to signal when everyone else could follow.
Michonne followed closely behind driving the car,

Then was Carl.

The drive went smoothly for most of the trip. There were a couple bumps in the way like when they had to take a quick detour because there were a few broken down cars that were too big to move.

Merle was giving most of the directions because he'd lived there for literally months. He was turning out to be pretty useful when everyone just thought he'd be the same asshole he was before.

Maybe loosing your hand makes you a better person.
Not to mention the close experience with death.

The journey turned out to be longer than expected due to the detour, and soon it turned dark.
"We should stop and sleep for the night," Rick suggested to a really sleepy Glenn,
"Yeah," he yawned.
"I'll pull over and hopefully the others will follow."

Rick drove the car to the side of the road and Michonne and Carl followed just behind. Michonne climbed out,
"Why are we stopping?" she asked,
"We're all pretty tired," Rick explained, "Maybe we should take a rest."
Carl nodded in agreement but Michonne rolled her eyes,
"Andreas my best friend, I want to get to her as soon as possible."
"And we will," Rick said, "But I don't wanna pass out while driving."
"So what about two hours rest?" Michonne asked,
"Sure."

Andreas point of view
"Andrea wait!" the Governor called, approaching me from behind,
"What?!" I spat,
"Look I'm sorry for what I said, it didn't come out right."
"No I want to leave," I blurted, maybe a bit too suddenly,
"You what?" he asked confused,
"I want to leave, Michonne was right, it's not safe."
"How is it not safe?" I could tell the Governor was in edge, he looked like he was about to blow,
"The guards don't know shit, and Michonne told me there are walkers in the back yard? Is that true?"
"I-"
"So it is true," I laughed at myself, why didn't I just follow Michonne.

"You better have a good reason," I told him, "Or I'm walking right through that gate."
"Look just meet me at 9:00 tonight." he said,
Did he really think I was gonna go on a date or something?

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes,
"I'll explain why there were walkers in the cage,"
"That still won't explain why the guards don't know how to fire their own weapons," I scoffed,
"That was a mistake putting them on guard, I will remove them immediately and put others in charge."
he answered with some sort of genuine in his eyes. God was I falling for the charm again?

"Fine."

Should I have agreed? I don't even know. But If I didn't then I would have never found out what I did that night.

Nobody's point of view
"Lock the door," Carl said, setting down blankets and pillows on the seats of the car,
"Wow are pillows all you brought for this trip?" Fleur laughed at him, "That's your bag pretty much empty."
Carl rolled his eyes with a smile,
"Only need my knife, pillows and of course- pudding"
"How could I forget," Fleur chuckled, "Chocolate pudding is your life."

In Michonnes car she was arguing with Merle, again.
Daryl tried to ignore them.
"Why can't you just wipe that smug smile off your face for once?" Michonne spat,
"Why- you don't like people being happy?"
"There's a difference between smugness and just being happy."

"Could ya'lls shut up I'm trying to sleep," Daryl grunted,
"Tell your brother to, it's not me," Michonne said, sending a glare to Merle,
"Merle shut up,"
"Not gonna happen dear brother," Merle smiled.
Daryl rolled his eyes then shut them and attempted to sleep.

"What's your favourite colour?" Merle said, leaning back in his seat,
"What...?" Michonne answered about to laugh at him,
"I feel like it's black," Merle blurted, "Like your soul, and your constant mood."
Michonne grabbed her katana holding it to his other cheek,
"Say one more thing like that and I'll chop your ugly ass face off this time. You know I will. When I scratched your cheek in the woods- that was just a warning."
Daryl snored loudly next to them and Merle smacked him to shut him up.

Andreas point of view
Slowly the sun set, and I knew it was time to meet the Governor.
I didn't exactly know what to expect, I hoped it was a nice surprise or something but it probably wasn't. It was probably just a chat like he said.

I chucked on a warm jacket and walked to the back gate, he was there waiting for me.
"Hey Andrea," he said, about to pull me into a hug but I carefully pushed him away,
"Hi," I replied.
"So I guess I'll just show you now then, but please know that I have my reasons and don't be too alarmed."
I nodded but I didn't really know what I was agreeing to- why would I be alarmed? I mean I was already alarmed enough that there were walkers in there anyways.

He took out a couple keys and unlocked the padlocks on the gate, I'm guessing he got the locks since Michonne broke in there. It was really dark when we stepped in, he unbuckled the torch on his belt and shone it on the grass. That he signalled to his guard to turn on the floodlights.

I was immediately in shock.

As the yellow-ish floodlights filled the yard with brightness an arena was revealed... and all the people of Woodbury were sitting in the seats staring into the middle.

The Governor grabbed my arm gently and pulled me to a seat where he sat down next to me.

I couldn't believe my eyes at the sight.
Cages and cages of zombies where piled up in the middle, some were loose on chains.
The Governor pulled a microphone out of nowhere and tested it,

"Can everyone hear me good?" he spoke into it,
"Yesssssss," the crowd said in unison,
"Okay, we are gathered here on this fine Sunday evening to watch our eightieth annual zombie fight."

The words played over and over in my head... zombie fight?
Zombie fight-
What the fuck did that mean.

I shoved the Governors shoulder to get his attention,
"Say what?!!" I shouted and the crowd looked at me confused... I forgot the microphone was on. So I snatched it from his hand and smashed it.
"I told you not to be alar-"
"NO! NO, this is NOT what I thought you meant, not even close!!!" the Governor held up his hand to my face but I punched it away, "Your fighting zombies? What with humans or with zombies? Do you even know how dangerous that is!"
"Andrea everything here is under close moderation-"
"It takes one walker Governor, ONE WALKER, and if that one walker infects people then the whole of Woodbury would be overrun by morning."

I mentally slapped myself over and over. Realising just how stupid I had been the past days. I had been thinking the walls were keeping bad out- but really the walls were nothing because walkers, MANY walkers, were already inside.
My mind started spinning and I lost control.

I didn't want to cause a scene, but I wanted to leave,
Right
Now.

So I did, I quickly moved to face the Governor and stomped my foot hard down on his toe.
He yelped and I made my escape, dodging all the guards that tried to grab me.

Eventually I reached the gate we had gone through and squinted as my eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness. I looked around to find the exit gate- but then I noticed something... a whole in the wall.
"Damn Michonne you were right all along," I said to myself, bending down and crawling through the whole hastily.

As I wiped the dirt and leaves off of my knee I looked up- and to my surprise a man was standing there in front of me...

"Hey Andrea," he smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 1.1K 40
{FINISHED} The last thing Keeley Salazar could remember was her parents arguing in the car before they crashed. Now three years have passed and a lo...
13.4K 254 55
{Book Two} (Read Daryls Sister before this book) This book is a continuation of the first book. And it's after Rick disappears. Started: May 20, 2021...
68.1K 2.1K 95
𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃...
698 17 23
After the devastation at the prison, two groups are formed and in their reunion, discover a deeper connection. Of course, these discoveries are not...